+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Meet Zoltan Istvan! Technology to benefit for all and our futures!

1. Link to Post #1
    Netherlands Avalon Member Onalon's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Meet Zoltan Istvan! Technology to benefit for all and our futures!

Transhumanism.

Lots of presidential candidates make bold promises, but only one candidate in the 2016 presidential election is offering the promise of eternal life.

That's Zoltan Istvan, the first-ever presidential candidate from the Transhumanist Party, who is running for president against Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump, and other major party candidates. He wants to use technology and science to extend the human lifespan, improve our bodies' abilities, and solve our national problems. And even though he has no real chance of winning, he's using the 2016 election as a way to raise awareness about his futurist vision for America.

In this episode of REAL FUTURE, Fusion's Alexis Madrigal hits the campaign trail with Zoltan to figure out why his campaign is gaining a surprising amount of momentum, and what he hopes to accomplish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGbGVGgoSPo

You can search a lot about Zoltan's plans for a better future for all of us!

What do you think about it?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Onalon For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (25th August 2016), poetbil (25th August 2016)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,974 times in 595 posts

Default Re: Meet Zoltan Istvan! Technology to benefit for all and our futures!

He has some mighty lofty goals, but then again, don't they all...until they get elected, of course?
    The transhumanism part kind of turns me off.
    There are enough wackjobs playing with DNA and cloning right now that should probably be leaving well enough alone.
    I don't know...

4. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,355 times in 491 posts

Not a fan of anyone who paints transhumanism in a positive light. If you know anything about AI and the movement towards the Singularity, this fits in quite snuggly.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kano For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (25th August 2016)

6. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,947 times in 1,689 posts

I agree with the last comment and must mention a vision of have of how the genetics of the biosphere was configured in what amounts to a computer-like manner where traits are codified and then combined into a genome, first from lowest life forms to highest in the biosphere. To ignorantly dive in the middle of this plan and change things is obviously to admit you do not know what you are doing except to put everything out of balance, similar to putting a run in a stocking or unraveling a piece of knitting. I think this is a plan to destroy mankind.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amor For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (25th August 2016), Kano (25th August 2016)

8. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,146 times in 2,998 posts

How can you not like a guy named Zoltan?! Seriously, don't we have enough lunatic advocates for us all becoming robots. Personally, I'd like to remain human and go to my grave knowing my children and their children will eat plants and drink water, rather than need a good lubrication and chip upgrade.
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (25th August 2016), janette (25th August 2016), Kano (25th August 2016)

10. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,355 times in 491 posts

Quote Posted by conk (here)
    How can you not like a guy named Zoltan?! Seriously, don't we have enough lunatic advocates for us all becoming robots. Personally, I'd like to remain human and go to my grave knowing my children and their children will eat plants and drink water, rather than need a good lubrication and chip upgrade.
    100% agreed.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kano For This Post:

conk (26th August 2016)

12. Link to Post #7
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,614 times in 5,382 posts

Gotta watch out for those megalomaniacal Hungarians! Once they get an idea or ideology in their heads only a bullet can stop them...

By the way Zoltan is a common Hungarian name, a very powerful name at that

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

fourty-two (26th August 2016)

+ Reply to Thread