+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Commercial Drones for Photography

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member Fanna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,733 times in 329 posts

Default Commercial Drones for Photography

Meet Autel Robotics' premier consumer drone.

While it is not the most decked out of similar kinds of product and it is certainly not a NEW device, Autel is a company on my radar. Apparently, they just got a location in the USA last November and are not that well known yet.

It is a drone designed around a camera. It is a 4k camera, but even at 1080p and 60fps it already freaks my senses out. It has a gimble to keep the camera steady and some insane algorithms keeping it steady in the winds. The video I linked above was shot with the very product it is advertising.

First thing is first: I do not want one. That is not why I am here. The reason why this is a thread is because I think this technology can allow cinematography on a whole new level for a fraction of the cost. No more railroad tracks. A director alone could program or control a shot or two well outside the bounds of what could be done with upwards of 6 times the human and monetary resources.

Like Sagan before me, I do not wish to expend my time talking about how evil a particular object is, but rather try to see where it CAN be used for the good of all mankind. Please help me discuss this, or any other potential, for these devices that are currently used most for terrorism.

♪ ~Blessed are the Cracked~ ♪
    ♪ ~For they let in the Light~ ♪

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fanna For This Post:

Hervé (26th August 2016), mojo (26th August 2016), Sunny-side-up (26th August 2016), Tyy1907 (26th August 2016)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member mojo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,651 times in 4,016 posts

Default Re: Commercial Drones for Photography

I havent heard of that drone but it looks like the DJI 4. Have you seen the new drone by Yuneec? It has collision avoidance...

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mojo For This Post:

Fanna (26th August 2016), Sunny-side-up (26th August 2016)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member Fanna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,733 times in 329 posts

Default Re: Commercial Drones for Photography

Haha! never fails! Yes, I have checked it out now xD Thanks for that. I simply cannot fathom collision control and wind correction algorithms. Blows my mind.
    ♪ ~Blessed are the Cracked~ ♪
    ♪ ~For they let in the Light~ ♪

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fanna For This Post:

mojo (26th August 2016)

+ Reply to Thread