+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Craigslist Ad that Got Over A Million Views In A Couple of Days

1. Link to Post #1
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,027 times in 2,189 posts

Default Craigslist Ad that Got Over A Million Views In A Couple of Days

Craigslist, the classifieds and forums website, is undoubtedly one of the simplest yet most used websites in the world. Whether you are looking for an apartment to rent, an employee to hire, or a “missed connection” you’d like to get in touch with, Craigslist has become the go-to site to visit.

According to Expanded Ramblings, Craigslist draws in north of 50 billion page views per month from its approximate 60 million users. However, due to its geographical segmentation, the chances of one particular post (especially a property ad) drawing in over a million hits certainly seems quite rare. This ad might be the most read craigslist ad of all time.

Yet Brice Royer accomplished that feat with a property ad unlike any other. What was he selling in this ad? Unconditional love at the unbeatable price of $0. To fully understand this ad, here is the breakdown Brice posted:

Quote Hello, I am selling unconditional love for $0.

Infinite square feet lot. Includes refreshing air, sunshine, the Earth, beautiful mountains and the ocean. A stunning ‘classic’ heritage made 4.5 billion years ago.

Address: Earth, Solar System, Milky Way.

Available now to serious buyers. Perfect for the first-time buyer and experienced investors feeling empty and trapped with stress and pressure to maximize Return on Investment because of family and stakeholders expectation.

HISTORY:
    I received it a long time ago when I was born. I received the gift of life from my parents, the sun, the water, the Earth, the air, a smile, a hug, a helping hand, without being asked anything in return. I didn’t earn any of them. They belong to public domain, the commons, “Mother Earth” or God if you’re religious.

At some point, my ancestors were afraid and decided to own land that once belonged to everyone, sell services that were once freely given, and even own humans through debt. Since it was claimed or stolen by those who made the laws themselves with a series of ‘legitimate’ transfers, then any law that enforces private ownership is perpetuating a crime. Not all laws are morally just. Only recently, slavery was legal and women weren’t allowed to vote. Why pay for something that was stolen from you? They made a mistake. I’m sorry. Let’s start fresh with this new sale.

Although I am only one human and my time and resources are limited, my soul and the intention of love is eternal, and so is yours… and I would like us to share that experience.

PAYMENT:
    I don’t accept cheques or mortgage payments, only cash payments of $0. You are also welcome to resale it for $0. But I must warn you… it will multiply once you do.

CONTACT ME:
    If you would like to join this incredible investing opportunity, you can email me by clicking on ‘reply’ to this post or visiting gifteconomy.ca

Thank you,
    The seller

To see the full post, including updates, comments, and frequently asked questions, be sure to check out Brice’s full post HERE.

The actual ad itself has been flagged for removal from Craigslist, however, the intention behind Brice’s post and the world’s response to it is certainly quite powerful. Unconditional love is something that is hard to come by these days.

Source

2. The Following 31 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

angelfire (27th August 2016), Art (27th August 2016), binemaya (27th August 2016), BMJ (28th August 2016), chanda (27th August 2016), christian (26th August 2016), Debra (27th August 2016), Ewan (26th August 2016), Fanna (26th August 2016), Fellow Aspirant (27th August 2016), gaiagirl (28th August 2016), GCS1103 (28th August 2016), Ioneo (27th August 2016), Justplain (27th August 2016), Mark (Star Mariner) (28th August 2016), meat suit (27th August 2016), Nasu (27th August 2016), nephalim (27th August 2016), norski (27th August 2016), Omi (26th August 2016), Patrikas (27th August 2016), penn (27th August 2016), Rex (27th August 2016), Shannon (26th August 2016), Sophocles (26th August 2016), TargeT (26th August 2016), Tyy1907 (27th August 2016), witchy1 (28th August 2016), wondering (27th August 2016), yobear1932 (27th August 2016), zen deik (27th August 2016)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member Fanna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,751 times in 329 posts

Default Re: Craigslist Ad that Got Over A Million Views In A Couple of Days

I'll take 5, please. I need a couple to take to my friends in need.
    ... but do I get fries on the side?

Thank you for finding this.
    ♪ ~Blessed are the Cracked~ ♪
    ♪ ~For they let in the Light~ ♪

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fanna For This Post:

Daozen (26th August 2016), nephalim (27th August 2016), rgray222 (26th August 2016), Shannon (26th August 2016), TargeT (26th August 2016)

5. Link to Post #3
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,382 times in 700 posts

Default Re: Craigslist Ad that Got Over A Million Views In A Couple of Days

Hello Everyone:

How do you find out how many hits a page has on craigslist?
    I don't know how to get that information on an ad?
    Thanks for the information in advance
    chancy

+ Reply to Thread