+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nothing left to parse?

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks

Default Nothing left to parse?

Hello,

I'm gonna try and and explain the current situation in my life, which I consider to be very unusual or strange. Back in the old days when I was a young child, I was a very quiet person, I've always felt like something is missing or something is just plain wrong.

I grew up with this mentality and started to get a strong urge to study anything related to not so mainstream subjects so to speak (spirituality, UFOs)

As a grown up man I'm starting to realize that nothing really interests me, because I feel like the majority of the mainstream subjects are just too dense to to speak.
    This includes romantic relationships, and sex as well

My question would be - is this some kind of a side effect of a spiritual evolving process or something else I did not pay attention to.
    Just to clear things out, I'm not depressed, I'm actually quite happy in my current state, I just can't get any excitement from these globally accepted materialist possessions. Same can be applied to relationships, it just seems like a homo sapiens or the soul that inhabiting most of these bodies in this planet are just sharing almost the same vibrational frequency range and thus I can't get any excitment from it.

There is a lot to say about these issues, but I hope the reader gets my point

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to RTamas For This Post:

Antihero (10th September 2016), Art (11th September 2016), Blacklight43 (10th September 2016), Clear Light (10th September 2016), ElfeMya (11th September 2016), Ines (11th September 2016), Inversion (10th September 2016), Jhonie (11th September 2016), kirolak (11th September 2016), Michelle (11th September 2016), Orph (10th September 2016), petra (14th September 2016), Rich (11th September 2016)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: Nothing left to parse?

If you can't get any excitement, maybe it's time to give excitement?
    That's how I feel about my own journey at the moment.
    Be blessed by the eternal fire!

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Antihero For This Post:

ElfeMya (11th September 2016), Happyjak (11th September 2016), Ines (11th September 2016), joeecho (11th September 2016), Michelle (11th September 2016), Wind (11th September 2016)

5. Link to Post #3
    Great Britain Avalon Member
    Thanks

Some questions to ask yourself could be.....
    When did you stop dancing?
    When did you stop singing?
    When did you stop being enchanted by stories?
    When did you stop finding comfort in the sweet serenity of silence?

I'm not saying that these are the answers to your questions. But maybe you are searching for something deeper like meaning to what is around you, why am I here and who am i really beyond this form. Perhaps developing an inner dialogue with your deeper self or making a connection to your higher self/heart centre may be a first step that will open the door to a totally new and magical world that will change and transform everything about who you are and about how you see and experience your life. And then perhaps you begin to feel the consciousness in all life, to feel affinity and intimacy with "them" and then know that you are truly one in your greater Self. And then you may seek to experience/create that happiness and well-being where it is needed.

I hope this helps.
    Goodlife

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to raff For This Post:

Antihero (11th September 2016), ElfeMya (11th September 2016), Elisheva (11th September 2016), Ellisa (11th September 2016), Ines (11th September 2016), joeecho (11th September 2016), Michelle (11th September 2016), Wind (11th September 2016)

7. Link to Post #4
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,498 times in 720 posts

For me, my 'side effect' of my spiritual process was realizing there's no 'there' there to strive for, all that exists is an ever-changing now. Meaning, there's no permanent 'all day' feeling to work towards arriving at and expect to stay put. Any momentary feeling of.. accomplishment, satisfaction, elation, freedom, worth-it-ness, relaxation, etc... eventually changes to the next feeling of unease, hunger, emptiness, wonder....that there's still some unanswered questions... that there's something you need to do, learn or make some effort at to not waste this precious time on this planet.

You say that 'nothing really interests you'. I understand that. Does it go hand in hand with feeling that you feel you've realized 'nothing really matters'? Do you have any creative hobbies or anything that gives you momentary freedom from that feeling? I've had huge ambitions that I worked very hard at, and after succeeding at some, had to make peace with that fact that the feeling of accomplishment only lasted as long as the fleeting moment too no matter how big the accomplishment. Every great 'now' passed. The point is, I'm very, very grateful for having an ongoing creative outlet that keeps giving me momentary 'nows' of freedom from knowing how much whatever I accomplish really doesn't matter. I use these creative efforts to keep physically active and mentally healthy as I get older, and can only hope the side effect is growing in some way and doing something worthwhile with my 'nows'.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to waves For This Post:

ElfeMya (11th September 2016), Ines (11th September 2016), joeecho (11th September 2016), kirolak (11th September 2016), Rich (11th September 2016), RTamas (11th September 2016), Wind (11th September 2016)

9. Link to Post #5
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,124 times in 2,678 posts

You find people around you are preoccupied with materiality and you are not, so you have little in common with them? So you are a little bored, though not contemptuous of them. I don't detect arrogance in you, just a genuine puzzlement over your current state of affairs. How long have you felt this way?

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

ElfeMya (11th September 2016), Ines (11th September 2016), joeecho (11th September 2016), Wind (11th September 2016)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 times in 765 posts

Quote Posted by RTamas (here)
    Hello,

I'm gonna try and and explain the current situation in my life, which I consider to be very unusual or strange.
    Unusual maybe. Strange why?? What do you believe is strange about it?

Quote Back in the old days when I was a young child, I was a very quiet person, I've always felt like something is missing or something is just plain wrong.
    Everyone feels like something is missing, some feel it more conscious for many it is probably unconscious. Why do we go from one thing to the next and never feel satisfied?

The world cannot make anyone happy this is a simple fact.

Here a quote from ACIM Lesson 128:

The world I see holds nothing that I want.

The world you see holds nothing that you need to offer you; nothing that you can use in any way, nor anything at all that serves to give you joy. Believe this thought, and you are saved from years of misery, from countless disappointments, and from hopes that turn to bitter ashes of despair. No one but must accept this thought as true, if he would leave the world behind and soar beyond its petty scope and little ways.

Quote My question would be - is this some kind of a side effect of a spiritual evolving process or something else I did not pay attention to.
    Could be for you. Doesn't have to apply to others.

Quote Just to clear things out, I'm not depressed, I'm actually quite happy in my current state, I just can't get any excitement from these globally accepted materialist possessions. Same can be applied to relationships, it just seems like a homo sapiens or the soul that inhabiting most of these bodies in this planet are just sharing almost the same vibrational frequency range and thus I can't get any excitment from it.
    Quote There is a lot to say about these issues, but I hope the reader gets my point
    Do you get your point?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rich For This Post:

Ines (11th September 2016), kirolak (11th September 2016)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,293 times in 2,822 posts

I've seen this place along the Hero's Journey. It too shall pass.....

14. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Yes, this is the case, most people are trapped in this material world, which is not as interesting to me as people would describe. Also its not my intent to derogate the majority of the population in this planet, but it seems like they are totally blind about who they really are and/or what is really going on in this planet. So I'm trying to say that it's quite hard to find real excitment in a world where people are spiritually unconscious and the material world is not that important as they would say.

Learning about not so mainstream related topics can give me real excitment, but it's just a tiny fraction of this world.
    Started to feel this more and more like 2-3 years ago.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RTamas For This Post:

Ines (11th September 2016), kirolak (12th September 2016), Wind (11th September 2016)

16. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,123 times in 3,951 posts

I think your find it's the age of your Soul, you are not a young Soul, been here, done that, all is actually immaterial in the grand scheme of things.

Young souls might dash from here to there, doing this and that and getting all excited about it all, all, all (Samara, Pandora box)

If your like me you still appreciate nature and find much joy in the real little things around you

Gratz

Alan
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

Ines (11th September 2016), kirolak (11th September 2016), RTamas (11th September 2016)

18. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,291 times in 744 posts

Why do we crave excitement? And why SHOULD we? According to what Rule of Three are we to be raring to go, all keen & interactive?

I suspect you have simply risen beyond the Pairs of Opposites. . . . What is the opposite of excitement, I wonder - dejection? Why do we need either? I think that there is a state of Witnessing, & that you are probably in it at the moment. If I may share, I have been there too, & find the only thing that gave me a second wind to carry on with the fun part of this illusion is music; in my case, playing the classical guitar (nowadays quite badly )

As for "love" relationships, I have been there, done that & don't need it any longer. There are beings who depend on me, so I take care of them with a "pleasant heart", but I am very aware that this is all a temporary situation; I am at peace within my small circle, which includes both human animals, furry animals & rooted creatures. . . lately there have been very special communications from the green ones, the plants, so perhaps you could look into that if you haven't already.. . . .just sitting contemplating the lushness of Green is enough.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kirolak For This Post:

Daozen (11th September 2016), Ines (11th September 2016), petra (14th September 2016), RTamas (11th September 2016)

20. Link to Post #11
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,293 times in 2,822 posts

21. Link to Post #12
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

I am in the same kind of mode as you are RTamas, and it's become more apparent in recent years, same as yourself. Even in regards to sex and romance, I just see that as a big waste of time.

I recall thinking that my spirit must be evolving, then I doubted it, and now I am beginning to wonder again. I tend to agree with what Kirolak said too about a state of Witnessing, because that it what it feels like.

Maybe what you're after is not so much excitement as something that stimulates you. Kirolak mentioned music, and I can definitely relate to that as well. Contemplating a world without music... I don't think I could stand it The scattered time I would get stimulated by a good book - but alas - I don't really like reading as much as I used to.

For me it's like there's nothing left to want anymore. I mean, I used to want things... I just stopped. Maybe it felt selfish - sometimes I'd even feel bad bathing in clean water when I know there's people in the world with nothing to drink. When I think about it now, the only things I want are pretty much just "wishful thinking"... like World Peace, or Justice.

Quote Posted by RTamas (here)
    it seems like they are totally blind about who they really are and/or what is really going on in this planet.
    This was one big thing that got on my nerves too, but not so much anymore.

When first starting to "wake up"... of course I wanted to talk to my family & friends about things. But what a huge mistake that was - creepy things began to happen, and that is when I considered that maybe, it could be dangerous for some people to have their blinders taken off so to speak.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

Mike (15th September 2016), RTamas (18th September 2016)

+ Reply to Thread