+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1 4 14 22 LastLast

Thread: Standing Rock, Dakota Pipeline Protests...Who's gonna participate?

1. Link to Post #61
    Palestinian Territory Avalon Member thunder24's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,159 times in 1,845 posts

Default Re: Standing Rock, Dakota Pipeline Protests...Who's gonna participate?

Quote Posted by thunder24 (here)
    more items that are needed... this is their amazon wish list, getting ready for winter....
    https://www.amazon.com/registry/wish..._jwV1xb3DA8BH0
    here is the wish list on amazon
    OBADIAH 1:21
    The Good things in life

"...where ever you go, there you are..."

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to thunder24 For This Post:

betoobig (28th September 2016), ElfeMya (3rd October 2016), Michelle Marie (29th September 2016), Pam (26th October 2016), sandy (28th September 2016), Stephanie (1st October 2016)

3. Link to Post #62
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,293 times in 6,140 posts

Official archaeological report (AP)

BISMARCK, N.D. (AP) — A North Dakota state inspection of an oil pipeline site has found no sign of the Native American artifacts or human remains that an American Indian Tribe says are present, the state's chief archaeologist said in a draft memo.

The Standing Rock Sioux tribe had cited the potential for burial grounds and other artifacts as a major reason to lead protests that have stymied completion of the project.

Chief Archaeologist Paul Picha said in the memo first published Monday by conservative blogger Rob Port that seven state archeologists inspected the 1.3-mile section along the route of the $3.8 billion Dakota Access pipeline in southern North Dakota. The memo said only some animal teeth and bone fragments were found during the survey last week.

Historical Society spokeswoman Kim Jondahl confirmed the contents of the memo but said it was "a first draft of an internal summary." She declined to say how the draft differed from later versions.

In early September, Standing Rock Sioux officials said crews bulldozed several sites of "significant cultural and historic value" on private land, which Dallas-based pipeline builder Energy Transfer Partners denies. It led to a clash between protesters and private security guards hired by the pipeline company. Law enforcement officials said four security guards and two guard dogs received medical treatment, while a tribal spokesman countered that six people were bitten by guard dogs and at least 30 people were pepper-sprayed.

The Morton County Sheriff's Department is heading up the probe of the Sept. 3 incident at the construction site near the Standing Rock Indian Reservation.

In an incident on Sunday, Morton County Sheriff Kyle Kirchmeier says about 200 people confronted about 30 security guards at a construction site. The sheriff says all but three security guards left the construction site. The sheriff says law enforcement officers witnessed one of the security guards being carried by protesters for about 100 yards. The guard was treated for minor injuries by paramedics. No arrests were made.

Picha did not return telephone calls Monday about the memo. The state Historical Society and the Morton County Sheriff's Department declined to release the memo, saying it was part of an ongoing investigation by law enforcement.

The clash between security guards and protesters on Sept. 3 came one day after the tribe filed court papers saying it found burials, rock piles called cairns and other sites of historic significance to Native Americans along the pipeline's path.

Tribal preservation officer Tim Mentz said in court documents that the tribe was only recently allowed to survey private land, which is now owned by the pipeline company.

Standing Rock Sioux tribal members could not immediately be reached for comment Monday.

But Standing Rock Sioux Chairman David Archambault II has said previously that construction crews removed topsoil across an area about 150 feet wide stretching for 2 miles.

"This demolition is devastating," Archambault said. "These grounds are the resting places of our ancestors. The ancient cairns and stone prayer rings there cannot be replaced. In one day, our sacred land has been turned into hollow ground."

Source: Article written September 27, 2016

By James MacPherson, Associated Press

4. Link to Post #63
    Thanks

IF someone was there, bring enough supplies for your self i.e. firewood, food, clothes, blankets etc.. and then contribute some to the collective camp. If you are able bodied then come to help i.e. haul water, split wood, carry wood, prepare meals, cook meals, feed fires, fill in fire pits...people are breaking ankles where camps that have left did not fill in their fire pits, pick up ciggarete butts and trash all day, put water bottles in recycling... learn the culture, respect it... you are a guest and this is not your platform for your agenda... leave all the new age rhetoric at the gate. Their is an open mic and many non natives wanna talk but the verbiage used is not going over well with the natives... respect the fact you are a guest their to help and not push your own ideologies...

If you are not there or don't plan on going, the amazon wish list is the best way to contribute in my opinion... that way you are not just giving money blindly to things you don't know what they go too.

also, they are planning winter camp, if you go and have building skills, bring tools, if you have knowledge on solar and wind bring your information and be ready to work, its not a pow wow . It is a prayer ceremony 24 hours a day, respect that....no alcohol, no drugs (including weed) no weapons... no cig buts in the prayer fire.... and learn the culture you are entering...
    Hi thunder24, just a bump for a very important post... thank you for the great pics and practical advice for those who are able to go and help!

This is very close to my heart as I've studied Native American history (true history!) for most of my life and with listening to friends from various tribes I know what's been done to them and what continues to this day. These days I'm filled with gratitude and awe seeing so many tribes and individuals joining together to protect the waters and take a stand against those who would use and destroy. I would love to be there standing with everyone in person as this fight is so vital to us all... though it is not possible at this time I am doing what I can to assist on other levels.

We are watching history in the making and I strongly feel that regardless of what the b*stards try, this unity will bring more powerfully positive outcomes than we can know now. Much respect.

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to :Renyse: For This Post:

betoobig (28th September 2016), ElfeMya (3rd October 2016), Michelle Marie (29th September 2016), Pam (26th October 2016), sandy (29th September 2016), Stephanie (1st October 2016), thunder24 (29th September 2016), william r sanford72 (11th October 2016)

6. Link to Post #64
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,006 times in 1,797 posts

Quote Posted by :Renyse: (here)
    IF someone was there, bring enough supplies for your self i.e. firewood, food, clothes, blankets etc.. and then contribute some to the collective camp. If you are able bodied then come to help i.e. haul water, split wood, carry wood, prepare meals, cook meals, feed fires, fill in fire pits...people are breaking ankles where camps that have left did not fill in their fire pits, pick up ciggarete butts and trash all day, put water bottles in recycling... learn the culture, respect it... you are a guest and this is not your platform for your agenda... leave all the new age rhetoric at the gate. Their is an open mic and many non natives wanna talk but the verbiage used is not going over well with the natives... respect the fact you are a guest their to help and not push your own ideologies...

If you are not there or don't plan on going, the amazon wish list is the best way to contribute in my opinion... that way you are not just giving money blindly to things you don't know what they go too.

also, they are planning winter camp, if you go and have building skills, bring tools, if you have knowledge on solar and wind bring your information and be ready to work, its not a pow wow . It is a prayer ceremony 24 hours a day, respect that....no alcohol, no drugs (including weed) no weapons... no cig buts in the prayer fire.... and learn the culture you are entering...
    Hi thunder24, just a bump for a very important post... thank you for the great pics and practical advice for those who are able to go and help!

This is very close to my heart as I've studied Native American history (true history!) for most of my life and with listening to friends from various tribes I know what's been done to them and what continues to this day. These days I'm filled with gratitude and awe seeing so many tribes and individuals joining together to protect the waters and take a stand against those who would use and destroy. I would love to be there standing with everyone in person as this fight is so vital to us all... though it is not possible at this time I am doing what I can to assist on other levels.

We are watching history in the making and I strongly feel that regardless of what the b*stards try, this unity will bring more powerfully positive outcomes than we can know now. Much respect.
    Amen
    I do sense too all this will triger bigger and wider unity!
    Agree 120%
    Much love
    honoring White Feather: SHIFT HAPPENED

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to betoobig For This Post:

:Renyse: (28th September 2016), ElfeMya (3rd October 2016), Michelle Marie (29th September 2016), Pam (26th October 2016), Stephanie (1st October 2016), thunder24 (29th September 2016), william r sanford72 (11th October 2016)

8. Link to Post #65
    Thanks

[/QUOTE]
    Amen
    I do sense too all this will triger bigger and wider unity!
    Agree 120%
    Much love[/QUOTE]

Yes! It's felt like destiny to me from the start... I got a wisp of feeling of why there's been so much thrown at them over time to try and extinguish them, which thankfully did not happen. Meant to be! <3

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to :Renyse: For This Post:

betoobig (1st October 2016), ElfeMya (3rd October 2016), Michelle Marie (29th September 2016), Pam (26th October 2016), Stephanie (1st October 2016), thunder24 (29th September 2016), william r sanford72 (11th October 2016)

10. Link to Post #66
    Thanks

https://www.facebook.com/ThomasH.Jos...0794487923484/ damn

Quote We need everyone able to come join us at Standing Rock.

Today's action where uncalled for, the police was a direct threat to woman and children.

We gathered in prayer un-armed, prayed, sang songs, and attempted to leave. No threats, No vandalism, No violence was taken on our part. (See my previous video evidence)

Flood the White House with phone calls and demand Obama to act and enforce his previous declaration of no construction. With state police protecting Dakota Access Pipeline his words are meaningless.

White House Phone Number:
    202-456-1111
    Last edited by thunder24; 29th September 2016 at 05:14.
    The Good things in life

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to thunder24 For This Post:

:Renyse: (29th September 2016), betoobig (1st October 2016), ElfeMya (3rd October 2016), Michelle Marie (29th September 2016), Pam (26th October 2016), Stephanie (1st October 2016), TargeT (29th September 2016)

12. Link to Post #67
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 times in 1,310 posts

Earlier in the day the Protectors took the lead and began to shake the Terrorists hands and soon it was a long line of handshaking..........Corporation probably went Ape****e when they witnessed this display of respect both ways and began the onslaught of intimidation thereafter!!

I'm probably driving my friends crazy with my digital communications non stop re: Standing Rock but so be it.........this is a paradygm shift right on our doorstep and I'm not missing the chance to push it forward every chance I get...........people must know what is happening NOW!!

Standing Rock is just the beginning and if we let this happen there will be no turning back IMHO...............
    Love and Light Always/Sandy

13. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to sandy For This Post:

:Renyse: (29th September 2016), betoobig (1st October 2016), ElfeMya (3rd October 2016), Michelle Marie (29th September 2016), Pam (26th October 2016), Stephanie (1st October 2016), thunder24 (29th September 2016), william r sanford72 (11th October 2016)

14. Link to Post #68
    Thanks

https://vimeo.com/184731177

Quote GUEST: Nick Tilsen, Executive Director, Thunder Valley Community Development Corp, a member of the Oglala Lakota tribe
    BACKGROUND: While mainstream media attention to the Dakota Access Pipeline protests has already waned, activists are refusing to back down. Since April of this year indigenous leaders and tribal members have set up camp in Cannonball, North Dakota, near one portion of the controversial pipeline project. The protests grew enormously in September when activists of diverse backgrounds joined in to express solidarity. Under the hashtag #NODAPL, spirited demonstrations captured national attention.

Bizarrely, the AFL-CIO, the nation's largest federation of labor unions, recently issued an official position supporting the pipeline claiming it would help create jobs. Despite this, opposition to the project remains firm and has even spread to other parts of the pipeline, which extends across four states.
    The Good things in life

15. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to thunder24 For This Post:

:Renyse: (30th September 2016), betoobig (1st October 2016), ElfeMya (3rd October 2016), Michelle Marie (29th September 2016), Pam (26th October 2016), sandy (30th September 2016), Stephanie (1st October 2016), TargeT (29th September 2016), william r sanford72 (11th October 2016)

16. Link to Post #69
    United States Avalon Member Michelle Marie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,098 times in 2,584 posts

Just went to a community event last night, a fundraiser for the DAPL protesters. Dropped off coats and food. Lots of community businesses provided support for the event. Some community members had gone there and came back with their stories and insights.

Huge crowd showed up in solidarity. There was a silent auction, Native American speakers and music, community speakers and music, food, and dancing. Great slide show of the protest site.

What a demonstration of unified action!

So many contributions are on their way!

Love to all,
    Michelle Marie
    ~*~ "The best way to predict the future is to create it." - Peter Drucker ~*~ “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson ~*~ "Creative minds always have been known to survive any kind of bad training." - Anna Freud ~*~

17. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

:Renyse: (30th September 2016), betoobig (1st October 2016), ElfeMya (3rd October 2016), Orph (30th September 2016), Pam (26th October 2016), sandy (30th September 2016), sheme (7th October 2016), Stephanie (1st October 2016), TargeT (3rd October 2016), thunder24 (29th September 2016), william r sanford72 (11th October 2016)

18. Link to Post #70
    Thanks

"While our Amazon list has been enormously helpful, and we are so grateful for everything received so far (we will release photos of donations received soon), we have a need to be able to run up to Bismarck and purchase needed supplies on the fly.

One way that this can be done is for donations to be sent via gift cards. Here are a few options that would greatly help us in making our daily operations run smoothly. Again, thank you all for your support in making sure that our water protectors and everyone at the camps are safe and healthy.

http://www.giftcards.com/virtualgift/build…

http://www.giftcards.com/target-gift-card

http://www.lowes.com/pd/Classic-Gift-Card/3437260

https://www.menards.com/main/gift-cards/c-3410.htm

If you plan to send gift cards to any other stores, please check with us first as Bismarck doesn't have every store in town and the gift cards may not be useful. Thanks for bearing with us as we try our best to help the medics and healers at camp stay operational.

Note: Please use medichealercouncil@gmail.com for the recipient of any of these gift cards. You can send physical gift cards to the following address until we get our PO Box set up:

404 E Rosser Ave, Bismarck ND, 58501
    ATTN: Michael

Thanks again,

-Medic & Healer Council"
    The Good things in life

19. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to thunder24 For This Post:

:Renyse: (4th October 2016), betoobig (1st October 2016), ElfeMya (3rd October 2016), Fanna (30th September 2016), Michelle Marie (1st October 2016), peggy englebrake (30th September 2016), sandy (1st October 2016), Star Tsar (4th October 2016), Stephanie (1st October 2016), TargeT (30th September 2016), william r sanford72 (11th October 2016)

20. Link to Post #71
    Thanks

http://earthjustice.org/features/faq...vq1QM.facebook
    Quote UPDATE: SEPTEMBER 21, 2016, 3:00PM PT
    ORAL ARGUMENTS ON THE EMERGENCY MOTION FOR INJUNCTION have been scheduled for Wednesday, October 5, at 9:30AM ET at the Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit. The temporary injunction will remain in place until then.
    The Good things in life

21. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to thunder24 For This Post:

:Renyse: (4th October 2016), betoobig (4th October 2016), ElfeMya (3rd October 2016), Fanna (4th October 2016), Orph (3rd October 2016), Star Tsar (4th October 2016), Stephanie (4th October 2016), TargeT (3rd October 2016), william r sanford72 (11th October 2016)

22. Link to Post #72
    Thanks

http://www.kfyrtv.com/content/news/D...395757961.html
    Quote BISMARCK, N.D. - Sparks flew at the gubernatorial debate at the Belle Mehus Auditorium in Bismarck Monday night, but it had little to do with the candidates.

Around 200 people were outside the auditorium to protest the Dakota Access Pipeline Project.

The protesters carried signs and chanted "Water is Life." They say they began the protest when it became clear those at the debate would not be allowed to question the candidates directly.

"There was no Q & A. There was no public Q & A in a gubernatorial debate in Midwestern America. I mean, I'm sorry, but putting in a few questions here and there that are picked and choosed, that's not true democracy," says Joye Braun, Indigenous Environmental Network.

Braun invited all three candidates to visit the Sacred Stone Camp to hear them out.
    The Good things in life

23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to thunder24 For This Post:

betoobig (4th October 2016), Orph (4th October 2016), Star Tsar (4th October 2016), Stephanie (4th October 2016), TargeT (4th October 2016), william r sanford72 (11th October 2016)

24. Link to Post #73
    Thanks

http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwor...rotectors-dapl
    Quote Amnesty International to Morton County Sheriff: Investigate Use of Force Against Protectors at DAPL

Amnesty International USA
    10/3/16
    Editor’s note: On September 3, water protectors trying to stop the bulldozing of sacred sites to make way for the Dakota Access oil pipeline near the Missouri and Cannonball rivers were met with pepper spray and vicious dogs.

RELATED: Manning: ‘And Then the Dogs Came’: Dakota Access Gets Violent, Destroys Graves, Sacred Sites

Now Amnesty International USA is demanding answers, in a letter to Morton County Sheriff Kyle Kirchmeier, who has repeatedly claimed that the protectors are violent, even as his police force stood by during the attacks on unarmed protectors. The human-rights body also touches on the trespassing charges levied against journalist Amy Goodman, who recorded the events for Democracy Now!

Read more at http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwor...rotectors-dapl
    The Good things in life

25. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to thunder24 For This Post:

betoobig (4th October 2016), Orph (4th October 2016), Pam (26th October 2016), Star Tsar (4th October 2016), Stephanie (4th October 2016), TargeT (4th October 2016), william r sanford72 (6th October 2016)

26. Link to Post #74
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,006 times in 1,797 posts

U.S. Government Just Declared WAR On Native Americans, State Gives Cops the Green Light To Shoot DAPL Protesters On Sight
    While Trump is busy targeting Mexicans and Muslims, his new adviser and current governor of North Dakota has just given the green light to “shoot on sight” Indigenous tribes that are peacefully protesting against the Dakota Access pipeline, according to Anarchic News.

Please share this with the world let them know how they are treating us… we are not terrorist! We are defending the land and the water! Protecting out future!
    From http://countercurrentnews.com/2016/1...ibes-on-sight/
    This is so wrong
    honoring White Feather: SHIFT HAPPENED

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to betoobig For This Post:

Fanna (4th October 2016), Pam (26th October 2016), Stephanie (4th October 2016), william r sanford72 (8th October 2016)

28. Link to Post #75
    Thanks

I saw that, but when you go to the source they didn't have a link of that up, and no one from camp is posting about it or talking about it...
    The Good things in life

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thunder24 For This Post:

betoobig (4th October 2016), Pam (26th October 2016)

30. Link to Post #76
    Thanks

"Relatives, I'm just getting back from a long Stand at Standing Rock Reservation. There's so much passion, power and prayer to be shared! It was excruciating to leave, but I'm on a mission: "It's just a big supply run!"
    First and foremost are the practical ways that YOU can help Stand! The People need every one of us to do what we can to protect the Water. Every contribution is a huge prayer, no matter the size. We will stop DAPL with our Standing and Prayers!
    They are protecting the Waters for all of us, so let's support them.
    The lists of needs are great. Think bodies on the Frontline in arctic winter conditions. Imagine the historic gathering of tribes from all over the country, all over the world...and they will NOT leave camp until the Black Snake has been stopped. (In fact, this encampment is now being made a permanent green built community forever!) Elders, mothers and children Standing. THAT'S commitment. While you sit in your comfortable surrounding worried about first world conveniences, they are protecting the water that nourishes 2/3rds of this country. Shivers. WATER IS LIFE!
    I've organized the current most crucial supplies in order of need.
    -Housing-Healing-Garb-Gear-
    ***Education / Media***
    HOUSING
    -tipis...see link below
    -cooking tents (big, army issue style)
    -storage style tents
    -wood burning stoves, all parts & gift cards for. -rocket stoves, build them & teach them!
    -wood, $ donations specific for that.
    -full propane tanks, or empty with gift card attached.
    -Lowe's gift cards and gas cards! The building and housing is a constant immediate need right now!
    -industrial sewing machines. We are working with a local indigenous nonprofit making tipis at cost. Need sewing machines and canvas donations! Link below, or ask! <3
    -chainsaws, all tools & things re wood heating.
    -building, farm & garden tools. (Gift cards.)
    -canvas tarps, canvas tents, 12-15 oz. canvas by the bolt.
    HEALING
    -hot water on demand systems, or people to go out and build on site.
    -MEAT!
    -non perishables, bulk & large restaurant sized
    -chocolate. Really.
    -throat lozenges. Lots.
    -Herbal healing teas. Lots
    -Herbal remedies. All of them. Especially cold and flu. Specifically non-alcohol. Herbal healers, I have lists and specifics. Please get in touch with me. Working on coordinating the ever-changing needs with a group I helped create, All Tribes Medic & Healing Council. (Link to follow.)
    -Gift cards
    GARB
    (Think arctic! Winds like you wouldn't believe. Extreme weather, weatherproof, waterproof.)
    -long johns/ thermal underwear (all sizes)
    -snow pants (all sizes)
    -wool/ warm socks (all sizes)
    -wool/ warm hats
    -winter boots - no steel toe (all sizes)
    -gloves, all sizes and types. Especially extreme work/weather
    -Hand warmers, by the case.
    -coveralls, extreme weather types.
    -Gift cards to outdoor centers.
    *no cotton, unless longjohns or under garments*
    GEAR
    -Power banks for phone charging on the go
    -solar everything, personal sized to huge.
    -Rechargeable batteries and charge stations
    -Walkie- talkies, long range & rechargeable
    -Go pro camera
    -camera drone for arial shots
    -chainsaws and all the accompanying parts.
    -Lowe's and gas gift cards
    -canvas tarps, canvas tents, canvas by the bolt.
    EDUCATION
    -GO TEACH! Plan on-the-ground workshops!
    ***rocket stoves, hot water system, solar systems, wind energy***
    -I'd love to get together a small panel of folks to go to schools and organizations and do education and Q&A's. Anyone interested in organizing that here in the Boone High Country, please up! (My skills and passions are presenting and praying. <3 ) Anyone else feel called to being a part of that, get in touch.
    -Why in the freakin heck does our mainstream media deliberately ignore this message?!?
    -How could it be that your friends and family don't know?!?
    -WE ARE THE MEDIA!
    -WE ARE THE ONES WE'VE BEEN PRAYING FOR!!!
    -Let's make the media Stand!
    We know that everyone wants to contribute what they can and are so appreciative of that. Please stick to items on the lists, though, as things that travel out there take up precious room in vehicles and on trailers. And if they are not needed, then there is no where for them to go. They can become a liability.
    <3 Mni Wiconi <3 Water is Life <3
    Items can be shipped to:
    Richard White
    8849 17th Ave. Fort Yates, ND 58538
    (Or get in touch and fill up my two trucks!)
    Donate here! Like and share this page!
    Tipis made for Standing Rock by local nonprofit Indigenous Center."
    FROM FACEBOOK
    Last edited by thunder24; 6th October 2016 at 03:08.
    The Good things in life

31. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to thunder24 For This Post:

betoobig (6th October 2016), Orph (6th October 2016), Pam (26th October 2016), sandy (6th October 2016), TargeT (6th October 2016), william r sanford72 (6th October 2016)

32. Link to Post #77
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 times in 1,310 posts

Getting winter clothing, coats and footware ready to ship soon...
    Love and Light Always/Sandy

33. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sandy For This Post:

betoobig (6th October 2016), Daozen (6th October 2016), Orph (6th October 2016), Pam (26th October 2016), TargeT (6th October 2016), thunder24 (6th October 2016), william r sanford72 (6th October 2016)

34. Link to Post #78
    Thanks

http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwor...-strong-165997

Quote Standing Rock Sioux Chairman David Archambault II on October 5 reiterated his commitment to keeping the Dakota Access oil pipeline away from the tribe’s drinking water after a U.S. District Court postponed ruling on a request for a permanent halt to the construction along its designated route a half mile from the reservation.

“Millions of people across the country and world, more than 300 federally-recognized tribes, members of Congress and dozens of city governments across the country stand with the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe in opposition to the Dakota Access Pipeline,” Archambault said in a statement after the court postponed a decision, leaving the temporary injunction in place. “We stand together in peaceful prayer and solidarity because this pipeline threatens the lives of the more than seventeen million people who rely on the Missouri River for their water. This pipeline has already destroyed the burial places of our Lakota and Dakota ancestors. If construction continues, our people stand to lose even more of our sacred places and cultural objects.”

The tribe had requested an injunction that would halt construction of the pipeline while it appeals Judge James Boasberg’s initial denial. While the construction has been stopped temporarily by a second court ruling while the federal government reevaluates the procedure, work could resume once a final decision is made.

The 1,172-mile-long, $3.8 billion project has been under contention since it was first proposed in 2014 by Energy Transfer Partners. Thousands of people have been camped near the confluence of the Missouri and Cannonball rivers to protect the water.

Archambault also invoked the trust responsibility held by the administration of President Barack Obama and all federal agencies to honor treaties signed in the 1800s, under which the tribe retained the right to be consulted about what was done to its land.

“The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers approved the pipeline without consulting with our tribe,” Archambault said. “The approval of this pipeline by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is a violation of our treaty rights and we will not stop fighting until our lands, people, water and sacred places are permanently protected.”

Read more at http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwor...-strong-165997
    Last edited by thunder24; 6th October 2016 at 14:02.
    The Good things in life

35. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thunder24 For This Post:

betoobig (6th October 2016), Pam (26th October 2016), sandy (7th October 2016), TargeT (6th October 2016), william r sanford72 (6th October 2016)

36. Link to Post #79
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

cheap/easy rocket stove:

Cheaper? Dakota fire hole:

Lots of good survival info out there, should be able to save some pennies.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

37. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

betoobig (6th October 2016), Fanna (6th October 2016), Pam (26th October 2016), sandy (7th October 2016), thunder24 (6th October 2016), william r sanford72 (6th October 2016)

38. Link to Post #80
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

Quote Federal judges grill opponents of Dallas firm's Dakota Access pipeline
    WASHINGTON -- A federal appeals court panel had tough questions for opponents of the $3.8 billion, four-state Dakota Access oil pipeline who are arguing to keep a temporary stop of construction in place.

The three-judge panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit heard arguments Wednesday in the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe's request to continue blocking work on a section of the approximately 1,200-mile pipeline near Lake Oahe (oh-AH'-hee) while the tribe seeks to appeal a lower-court ruling from September.

The pipeline, which runs through North Dakota, South Dakota, Iowa and Illinois, is otherwise nearly complete.
    The tribe says the pipeline, being built by Dallas-based Energy Transfer Partners, will impact sites of historic, religious and cultural significance.

The judges didn't say when they'd rule.
    http://www.dallasnews.com/business/e...cess-pipeline?
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

39. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

betoobig (9th October 2016), Pam (26th October 2016), thunder24 (9th October 2016), william r sanford72 (8th October 2016)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1 4 14 22 LastLast