+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Truth or careers? Where is your priority ?

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,268 times in 3,170 posts

Default Truth or careers? Where is your priority ?

I write this post with my thoughts around this dilemma. Lets say you are a UFO , Paranormal researcher or a truth seeker on another topic. You have a career and write a number of books that have you invested. Then one day you discover you were wrong.
    Do you embrace truth and announce your new findings , or stay the course and protect your reputation and career?

I see this as a real problem. The researcher Andrew Johnson in the UK has impressed me with his switch from the thermite camp regarding 9/11 to the DR Judy wood camp once he reviewed her info in her impressive book "Where did the towers go"?

How many will do this? Is truth something sought after only when self serving and convienient?

What are your thoughts and observations on this?

thanks/ doug

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

6pounder (13th September 2016), animovado (13th September 2016), BMJ (13th September 2016), Citizen No2 (13th September 2016), ElfeMya (13th September 2016), kirolak (14th September 2016), lake (13th September 2016), NancyV (18th September 2016), neutronstar (17th September 2016), shadowstalker (13th September 2016), Spellbound (13th September 2016), ulli (14th September 2016), william r sanford72 (15th September 2016)

3. Link to Post #2
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,308 times in 437 posts

Default Re: Truth or careers? Where is your priority ?

A truthful person always follows the path of truth no matter where it leads...

Peace

4. Link to Post #3
    Canada Avalon Member Spellbound's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,257 times in 1,040 posts

Quote Posted by OMG (here)
    A truthful person always follows the path of truth no matter where it leads...

Peace
    True, but sometimes truth doesn't pay the bills. Unfortunately, that's our matrix.

Dave - Toronto

5. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Spellbound For This Post:

BMJ (13th September 2016), celticwarrior (13th September 2016), Citizen No2 (13th September 2016), kirolak (14th September 2016), lake (13th September 2016), NancyV (18th September 2016), Pam (13th September 2016), sandy (13th September 2016), TargeT (14th September 2016), thepainterdoug (13th September 2016)

6. Link to Post #4
    England Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,327 times in 899 posts

John Lear said in a video interview, that he doesnt write a book because he is being updated all the time with information that could change the perspective on previous information.

I could never read a book about charles & diana's wedding and marriage now, knowing it was all based on a lie.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sueanne47 For This Post:

BMJ (13th September 2016), lake (13th September 2016), neutronstar (17th September 2016), thepainterdoug (13th September 2016)

8. Link to Post #5
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,302 times in 575 posts

@ Sueanne47:

I don't think it was a lie Sueanne, Diana was a brood-mare right from the start. The royal line of males have always had brood-mares and consorts. The fairytales and make believe was for the likes of us.

On Topic: I guess it all boils down to psychological make-up, character and intent. I agree with your thought's on Andrew Johnston, and Rich Hall for that matter. I am surprised that they do not get more coverage. Thorough investigation, evidence backed (as far as is possible) and not shy to publicly state corrections when new evidence comes to light that may alter previous statements and reports.

Regards.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Citizen No2 For This Post:

BMJ (13th September 2016), conk (14th September 2016), kirolak (14th September 2016), lake (13th September 2016), NancyV (18th September 2016)

10. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

citizen no2 / yes very true about the researchers from the UK i like them, they are always willing to revise and update when new info is learned. they seek the truth even at their own momentary expense

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

BMJ (13th September 2016), Citizen No2 (13th September 2016), kirolak (14th September 2016), NancyV (18th September 2016), neutronstar (17th September 2016)

12. Link to Post #7
    England Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,327 times in 899 posts

Quote Posted by Citizen No2 (here)
    @ Sueanne47:

I don't think it was a lie Sueanne, Diana was a brood-mare right from the start. The royal line of males have always had brood-mares and consorts. The fairytales and make believe was for the likes of us.

Regards.
    I dont like any of the royals! not since David Icke exposed the satanic going's on..and dodi's father looks a bit iffy now in David's new video. Diana said "there were 3 of us in this marriage...and it was a bit crowded" I wonder if she knew that from the start.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sueanne47 For This Post:

shadowstalker (13th September 2016), Spellbound (13th September 2016)

14. Link to Post #8
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Thumbs up Protect the ego or be honest

Quote Posted by thepainterdoug (here)
    Do you embrace truth and announce your new findings , or stay the course and protect your reputation and career?
    That just depends on my identity. If I am the ego, I will have to ignore any "truths" to protect and defend my ego. But if I am Love or Reality, I will have to go with the truth.

Quote I see this as a real problem.
    It's only a problem for the ego.
    Quote How many will do this? Is truth something sought after only when self serving and convienient?
    Again, only the ego will go with "self serving" and dishonesty.
    Ultimately is comes down to my identity. Am I Love or am I the selfish ego? If I discover that I am a selfish ego, can I change back to selfless Love?

15. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,292 times in 744 posts

Not so black & white. . . . I certainly can't discuss anything like the Avalon topics at work - it would not go down well or be appropriate; one of my colleagues is quite open about her beliefs, however, & has alienated everyone with her opinionated manner, insisting on her point of view as regards whatever conspiracy theory has caught her attention. . . she doesn't consider anything as an interesting possibility, but a proven fact, as long as it's out on the web. She has, for example, insisted that genes do not exist & we've "all been lied to" about RNA & DNA; yet that all celebrities are clones; that "they" are out to get her, yet she will place her real name & face in the most public of sites. I feel there is a way to broach one's truth without being a proselytizer or contradicting oneself.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kirolak For This Post:

Daozen (17th September 2016), NancyV (18th September 2016), neutronstar (17th September 2016), Pam (14th September 2016), TargeT (14th September 2016), thepainterdoug (14th September 2016), ulli (14th September 2016)

17. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,172 times in 13,485 posts

I still had my carreer as a fashion designer amd manufacturor when I discovered astrology. And at that time was invited to a tea party of astrologers all of whom shared how they got into astrology. And all of them had had high end careers, in commerce, or the military. And they quit those careers because truth came first, and became "poor", just as I would do a couple of years later, and also discovered that same poverty, or at least a life without the fat cheques.
    It is not easy for anyone, because we are trapped in materialism, and the belief that we must pay "the bills"

BUT, the great discovery is like jumping into a deep pool and discovering that one can swim.
    Even though poverty after riches is scary at times, the interesting part is how Universe provides, and just the right amount, at the right time. There is a science behind it, and that is the science of consciousness.
    When one's needs lead to an intent for betterment, and is then fuelled by passion the universe opens up a gate and sends down whatever was needed, and often more.
    You dont have to believe me, or take my word for it.
    But if you can dare to take a few steps of courage you will discover that the slightest risk provides new opportunities, which were undreamt of.
    The interconnectedness of the universe also means that one's visions can direct the flow of fortune in a desired direction, and of course the best direction is not only what benefits the self only, but is good for the whole of the community.
    This is how secret societies have operated since ancient times, and now the time has come for all and everyone to discover and practise it, without an exclusive elitism.
    Last edited by ulli; 14th September 2016 at 13:07.

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

animovado (14th September 2016), BMJ (18th September 2016), NancyV (18th September 2016), neutronstar (17th September 2016), Pam (14th September 2016), Sueanne47 (18th September 2016), thepainterdoug (14th September 2016), william r sanford72 (15th September 2016), Wind (14th September 2016)

19. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,696 times in 3,333 posts

Quote Posted by kirolak (here)
    Not so black & white. . . . I certainly can't discuss anything like the Avalon topics at work - it would not go down well or be appropriate; one of my colleagues is quite open about her beliefs, however, & has alienated everyone with her opinionated manner, insisting on her point of view as regards whatever conspiracy theory has caught her attention. . . she doesn't consider anything as an interesting possibility, but a proven fact, as long as it's out on the web. She has, for example, insisted that genes do not exist & we've "all been lied to" about RNA & DNA; yet that all celebrities are clones; that "they" are out to get her, yet she will place her real name & face in the most public of sites. I feel there is a way to broach one's truth without being a proselytizer or contradicting oneself.
    No wonder conspiracy theorists are thought to be wacky....with gals like your coworker running her mouth.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Pam For This Post:

neutronstar (17th September 2016)

21. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 times in 765 posts

Why not both? If you want a career I'm sure there are honest people doing that as well. When we stick to truth it is much easier because we will manifest whatever we want.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Rich For This Post:

thepainterdoug (14th September 2016)

23. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

all great answers and observations. but i was referring directly to a person in a specific field that has as its foundation , a search for truth.
    someone such as researcher Andrew Johnson, who wrote on and believed that thermite was the cause of the buildings collapse until he came upon the research of DR Judy Wood years later. In my opinion, Andrew proved his desire for truth over being right and over his so called career. one has to be brave to say they were wrong or mistaken and I believe many will cling to their position regardless of contrary facts that emerge.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

NancyV (18th September 2016), neutronstar (17th September 2016)

25. Link to Post #14
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,894 times in 371 posts

No wonder conspiracy theorists are thought to be wacky....with gals like your coworker running her mouth.
    Those are the ones that aren't afraid to bring it up.

26. Link to Post #15
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,894 times in 371 posts

I would tell the truth. I hover just above the poverty line as it is. Besides, money is behind all that is wrong with the world. I'm not going to sell out for it.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to neutronstar For This Post:

BMJ (18th September 2016)

+ Reply to Thread