+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dead Matter

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Thumbs up Dead Matter

I'd like to share a video that has actually changed my life by allowing me to see and feel life in a new, personal and BEAUTIFUL way without any practices, teachings or concepts beyond what I found in this Rupert video at marker: 58:40 and up.
    In the video, Rupert speaks of "Dead, inert matter called stuff." and it hit me that I have always separated life into Dead stuff and Living stuff.
    As a child on a farm, I was taught to know what is alive and what is dead. Our crops, pets and other people were alive, as they should be, while many of our animals, rodents, reptiles, insects and some birds were put to DEATH as they should be! So I learned and was taught early on what was dead: fence posts, car fenders, dirt, rocks, chickens & rabbits that dad beheaded for dinner, rodents, reptiles and insects us kids JOYOUSLY tortured and then murdered - all DEAD "stuff or matter" while things like: other people, certain useful animals, our crops and pets were kept ALIVE.
    But Rupert makes the point that NOTHING is actually dead, not even so-called "Dead Matter" such as lamp posts, a water glass, rocks, hand railings, etc. and that everything there is can be seen as god's infinite being (or Life life-ing). It's all consciousness and fully alive in that sense.
    Well, this really rattled my life long belief in living things vs. dead matter so I took a long trip on the L.A. metro and all along the ride I just kept seeing living things everywhere such as lamp posts, metal hand rails, window glass, cement, cars, tires, construction cranes, etc. Stuff I might have brushed off as "just dead matter" was and still is living objects filled with consciousness or god's infinite being. I was overwhelmed with love and appreciation for stuff I had previously ignored or gave little attention to since it was always just DEAD MATTER/Objects to me!
    Thanks to what Rupert says in that video, I had such a warm and personal love for all those inanimate objects along the trip and felt, perhaps for the very first time (I'm 79) a direct intimate kinship with inanimate and "dead" objects which were now SHIMMERING with life, purpose and significance - just like me - a living person! I felt that everything my eyes landed on was ME! I am you, you are me.
    These seemingly dead, unconscious, inanimate objects are just as alive as I am but in a different form or state. We're all god, consciousness or Life appearing in whatever way Life or god wants to appear. The "Dead matter" that is appearing as road cement is just as alive and significant as the "Living matter" (me) that's riding along the cement road on the bus!
    All there is or ever was is: Life, god or consciousness appearing as: chickens, pigs, rabbits, snakes, insects, tractors, cars, lamp posts, garden hoses, dirt, clouds, etc.
    Thanks to Rupert, I can now see that there is no "DEAD MATTER" or "separate object" anywhere.
    There is only Life or god appearing in whatever lovely and beautiful form it appears such as a construction crane, lamp post, brick wall, metal hand rails, cell phone, sandals, sun glasses, car, cloud, human being, dog, bird, insect, perfume, body odor, hot dog, peanuts, beef jerky, sail boat and on and on.
    I am so very grateful to Rupert for helping me see and FEEL the magic, wonder, beauty and LIFE that's in everything here including what I had always considered as DEAD MATTER or objects that are separate from me! Now, when I behold an object, like this keyboard, it vibrates with life that I can feel and love just as much as I feel and love myself because it is me and I am it. There is only one: Life, reality, consciousness, god, being, self, experience, force - and no such thing as DEAD MATTER or separate objects!
    Last edited by jimrich; 13th September 2016 at 20:55.

2. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,697 times in 640 posts

Default Re: Dead Matter

Great Video. Thanks for sharing.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sunwings For This Post:

Sunny-side-up (13th September 2016)

+ Reply to Thread