+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What's your identity?

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Thumbs up What's your identity?

The whole point of most spiritual teachings is to have a Seeker find their Real identity or Self as soon as possible but so many teachings seem to have a Seeker wading around in the back waters of the ego or personal self and waiting and waiting for some special or magical day when the Seeker will suddenly awaken and their ego will magically drop away.
    I waited and waited for many years for this magical moment to arrive when I'd finally be enlightened and free of the ego for ever more.
    Well, I've finally found a few modern teachers like John Wheeler, Rupert Spira, Mooji, Nathan Gil, Tony Parsons and several others who are able to show me that enlightenment ALREADY IS right here and right now simply by acknowledging who/what I am in this very moment and NOT to wait forever for it to magically happen. All that's needed is to just look and see that I already am: Presence-Awareness ~ John Wheeler and I needn't bother with this "ego" thing!
    They all teach me to focus on my Real Identity instead of the issues, problems and dramas of my personal egoic life.

So, who are you? What's your identity???

Here's John to speak for himself........

....Two great discussion videos......

...Here's the first of a 9 part series of interviews....

You can find all of John's videos in Youtube and here's the first of an 8 part series of interviews.....

John's books are even better.
    Last edited by jimrich; 14th September 2016 at 18:55.

2. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member halcyon026's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: What's your identity?

Consciousness.

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to halcyon026 For This Post:

ElfeMya (15th September 2016), Fanna (14th September 2016), greybeard (14th September 2016), Ioneo (14th September 2016), jimrich (15th September 2016), Wind (14th September 2016)

4. Link to Post #3
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,863 times in 11,839 posts

No self no problem "Eckhart Tolle"
    Good teachers recommend what you have said Jim

The seeker is what he is seeking--so its pointless or is it?
    Seems there is a process, it is said, you have to exhaust yourself looking here there an everywhere for what you are, (then give up the search) as said, more or less by Nisargadatta, and others--its not about the teacher but the teaching, what is pointed to.
    The sage is just the deliveryman.--He has to be let go of too when "job"is done.

Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

ElfeMya (15th September 2016), Fanna (14th September 2016), jimrich (15th September 2016), kirolak (14th September 2016), raff (14th September 2016), Wind (14th September 2016)

6. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,293 times in 353 posts

True true, jimrich! I will keep it short and simple.
    The core of every religion is the same-pointing to enlightenment/self realization...but unfortunately most/if not all religions got distorted to gain power over people/power/money.
    The core teachings slowly vanished and was practised in the hidden-Mysticism.

There is for example Timothy Conway, who made his Phd on Enlightenment-investigating the fundamental teachings of worlds major religions, to find the similarities.
    And all points to One Reality...its neat to know it intellectually, but you have to Be It.

There are some great teachers out there and they only tell you whats already here.
    Therefore Chris (greybeard) started the Thread https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...elated-matters.
    Individuals have to do their own homework. Simple as that.

What is my identity?
    I know nothing, but I do what excites me-knowing that I am not the Doer-thats Liberation.
    Thats the paradox...that isnt a paradox.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zampano For This Post:

ElfeMya (15th September 2016), greybeard (15th September 2016), jimrich (15th September 2016), raff (14th September 2016)

8. Link to Post #5
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Yes thanks Zampano
    The thread was started as a resource with teachers I found helpful at that time.

I preferred to get it shared it from the horses mouth rather than second hand from me, though some personal sharing is I feel helpful.
    The teacher is necessary at least till they are not --the real teacher is the one inside.
    You are also right that the individual has to do there own homework.

Sometimes when some one posted a video I also found beside that on u tube something else that is helpful.
    I found it helpful to listen to suggestions and try them out for myself.
    I know less now than I did a few years back---There has been a process of Neityneity,a lot had to be let go of.
    I found it helpful to stay with one teacher for a period of time ---otherwise I got confused.

Chris

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

ElfeMya (15th September 2016), jimrich (15th September 2016), Zampano (14th September 2016)

10. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

I probably should not have placed these John Wheeler items in here because John does not teach any "practices" other than simple looking to see what already is. Perhaps this thread needs to be somewhere else at PA but, in the meantime, it might contribute to some Seeker's need for a "practice" or method to find Reality or the Truth.
    The best thing about most modern teachers is their acknowledgment that NO practice is needed - just here and now seeing or looking to find what already is - right here. I am whole and complete just as I am, right now, and so are you!
    I spent a lot of time (not wasted) in therapy trying to become whole and complete because I was convinced that I was extremely flawed. I don't regret my time in AA style groups and can see how "working on myself" led to a peaceful opening where I needed to go beyond fixing my ego and find something bigger and better which turns out to be the Real me or simply Reality!
    Looking back, I can now see that my "real identity" was always the goal but, being focused on my egoic/personal issues and problems caused me not to see that. It's been a long haul and I may still be "lost" but not as lost as I was when I was absolutely convinced that all I am is this little personal troubled me/ego. I may not be as awake as John Wheeler or Mooji but there is a "light" at the end of my tunnel and it's getting bigger and bigger as the separate me fades more and more into the background.
    I am That! - and now I need to "live" that as much as possible.

11. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Thumbs up distorted teachings

Thanks for your response.....
    Quote Posted by Zampano (here)
    The core of every religion is the same-pointing to enlightenment/self realization...but unfortunately most/if not all religions got distorted to gain power over people/power/money. The core teachings slowly vanished and was practised in the hidden-Mysticism.
    Dear Zampano, I deleted my earlier response here because I feared I might have offended you with some of the honest things I wrote.
    Kind regards,]
    jim
    Last edited by jimrich; 15th September 2016 at 08:23.

12. Link to Post #8
    Language
    English
    Thanks

True but there is a balance to it.

Tolle said after saying that you are already That---I dont mean to imply that you can sit at home watching TV with a couple of beers.

One way or an other the layers of the onion have to be removed--the obstacles preventing the Self being revealed removed.

Tony Parsons whom I listened to a lot and the others all accept that a shift happens--that has to happen---it might need some help---being in the presence of an enlightened beings energy field for example --that has happened to several after they visited Parsons and the others.

So some will suggest meditation or self inquiry or neity neity at the same time as saying you dont need to do anything as in no self improvement required.

Mooji uses Om Namashivia as part of his introduction to guided meditation

Chris

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

ElfeMya (15th September 2016), jimrich (15th September 2016), raff (14th September 2016), sunwings (16th February 2017)

14. Link to Post #9
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Until the shift happens you are a wave of the ocean not the ocean.

Chris

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

ElfeMya (15th September 2016), jimrich (15th September 2016), raff (14th September 2016), Wind (15th September 2016)

16. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,968 times in 7,673 posts

I'm the one consciousness masquerading itself as a separate persona, for now.

"When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

ElfeMya (15th September 2016), greybeard (15th September 2016), jimrich (15th September 2016)

18. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Thumbs up Why not?

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    Tolle said after saying that you are already That---I dont mean to imply that you can sit at home watching TV with a couple of beers.
    LOL, why not?

19. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Thumbs up I'm the ocean

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    Until the shift happens you are a wave of the ocean not the ocean.

Chris
    I am the ocean and not some imagined wave. There is ONLY the ocean or Divinity.
    Last edited by jimrich; 15th September 2016 at 08:20.

+ Reply to Thread