+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Feelings

1. Link to Post #21
    New Caledonia/ Australia/ Munich, Germany
    Thanks

Default Re: Feelings

Quote Posted by raff (here)
    Hey Jimrich you need a bit of Jeff Foster in your life (excuse me i can't post his videos from Utube)
    But a good vid to start would be "How I freed myself from Ego in 7 days (and you can too)" - Jeff Foster.
    Hes got a lot of interesting info and I think this will be right up your street.
    Regards
    Raff thanks so much for sharing this, this is divine dynamite dope !

I believe tht is the one you mentioned...
    Hugs !
    Love and Light

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ElfeMya For This Post:

AutumnW (20th September 2016), BMJ (18th September 2016), Rich (17th September 2016)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,393 times in 3,308 posts

Default Re: Feelings

At the age of 20 I think I could have been the poster child for someone so detached from feelings that I didn't even know what feeling was. I can remember seeing a counselor and having her ask "how do you feel about that" my response was " I think ...." , she kept asking, "no, how do you feel?". I honestly couldn't answer because I thought, I didn't feel, at least not that I was aware of. As a kid I was told to go to my room for showing any kind of emotion, so I learned to detach and I was very, very angry.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

AutumnW (20th September 2016), BMJ (18th September 2016), ElfeMya (19th September 2016), Foxie Loxie (17th September 2016), greybeard (19th September 2016)

5. Link to Post #23
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Thumbs up Humiliation

Quote Posted by peterpam (here)
    At the age of 20 I think I could have been the poster child for someone so detached from feelings that I didn't even know what feeling was. I can remember seeing a counselor and having her ask "how do you feel about that" my response was " I think ...." , she kept asking, "no, how do you feel?". I honestly couldn't answer because I thought, I didn't feel, at least not that I was aware of. As a kid I was told to go to my room for showing any kind of emotion, so I learned to detach and I was very, very angry.
    Anger was and sometimes still is the most dominant feeling that comes up from my rotten past regarding humiliations such as, "go to your room" or "I'll give you something to be angry, etc. about."
    So I developed a kind of stoic, indifferent emotional style which got me in a lot of trouble with others and lost me a lot of wonderful friendships as a kid and even into early adulthood because I would not could not express "normal" emotions! I though that I was "cool" but anyone could see that I was either stuck up or TERRIFIED which bothered others either way.
    I was NEVER much fun unless a little drunk when I let my hair down and my natural sense of humor would come out. I lived with bottled up, repressed and dangerously volatile feelings until my late 40s when I began to fall apart so I went into 12 step Recovery groups which finally saved my life!

6. Link to Post #24
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Thumbs up Jeff Foster

Quote Posted by ElfeMya (here)

I believe tht is the one you mentioned...
    Hugs !
    I really love Jeff because he can mix psychology with non-duality and make sense of it for me. I identify with everything he expresses on the video and wish I had not ended before he talks about how he found his Real Self behind or under the false ego his parents helped him create so long ago but I see, at Youtube, the next video extends his discussion of the ego.

I'd recommend going over to Youtube to see more of Jeff's vids.
    Happy trails..........

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2