+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3

Thread: 'Stonehenge was built in 1954' (No, it wasn't. HOAX)

1. Link to Post #41
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,120 times in 2,678 posts

Default Re: 'Stonehenge was built in 1954' (No, it wasn't. HOAX)

Quote Posted by bogeyman (here)
    Lets settle the argument on Stonehenge, I built it in my back yard, along with faking the Crop Circles and all the UFO reports in the world. Hence problem solved.
    My grandfather says it was built before 1954 and he should know as he helped build the great pyramid of Cheops when he was a boy.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Awakening2014 (19th September 2016), Citizen No2 (18th September 2016), Ewan (18th September 2016)

3. Link to Post #42
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,297 times in 575 posts

Yes, fair comment Bill.

I understand that a SHTF scenario would be an entirely different scenario to an unruly member of a forum.

Quote I fully understand, I really do. All the mods do. It's a paradox. We really do need to take care of our neighbors in a crisis, even if we may not like them very much. Ask anyone who's been a real-world war zone.

But (and this is a rhetorical question to illustrate the dilemma) -- do we remove the membership application process, and allow anyone at all out there to jump in and say anything they want?

It'd then be just like Godlike Productions (or the comments on Infowars.com ). The whole forum would be destroyed within a week... like allowing a bunch of rioters with Molotov cocktails in a quiet library.

AutumnW........... That actually made me laugh out load. Brilliant.

Quote My grandfather says it was built before 1954 and he should know as he helped build the great pyramid of Cheops when he was a boy.
    Regards.

4. Link to Post #43
    England Avalon Member Did You See Them's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,875 times in 1,034 posts

Some interesting photographs of the building of Stonehenge.

http://www.ancient-code.com/the-imag...dont-want-see/

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Did You See Them For This Post:

drneglector (31st May 2017), norman (31st May 2017)

6. Link to Post #44
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,741 times in 1,499 posts

Quote Posted by Did You See Them (here)

Does anyone REALLY think it was built in the 1950s? REALLY? That's maintenance only

See this thread https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...ht=stone+henge
    Last edited by Nick Matkin; 31st May 2017 at 11:17.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick Matkin For This Post:

Atlas (31st May 2017)

8. Link to Post #45
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,123 times in 1,385 posts

The word "Build" in the thread title should be changed to "Repair" or "Maintenance" or more ideally the whole thread should be merged with The one Nick just linked to. This is very old news. Again, members should take full advantage of the search engine before creating similar threads to those already in existence.
    the greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated --- Gandhi

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Akasha For This Post:

Bruno (31st May 2017)

10. Link to Post #46
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,640 times in 8,117 posts

Quote Posted by Akasha (here)
    The word "Build" in the thread title should be changed to "Repair" or "Maintenance" or more ideally the whole thread should be merged with The one Nick just linked to. This is very old news. Again, members should take full advantage of the search engine before creating similar threads to those already in existence.
    It DOES throw into question the more 'esoteric' claims people make about the "energies" they experience while at the site though. I hardly think those contractors with their crane were doing much 'tuning' of the energies.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

11. Link to Post #47
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,369 times in 3,306 posts

Quote Posted by norman (here)
    It DOES throw into question the more 'esoteric' claims people make about the "energies" they experience while at the site though. I hardly think those contractors with their crane were doing much 'tuning' of the energies.

Good point, Norman. Is it a placebo effect or is the location a sort of energy vortex, similar to those found in Sedona, Arizona?

12. Link to Post #48
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,741 times in 1,499 posts

Quote Posted by peterpam (here)
    Quote Posted by norman (here)

Good point, Norman. Is it a placebo effect or is the location a sort of energy vortex, similar to those found in Sedona, Arizona?
    Just because it has been patched up over the years, doesn't mean that's affected theses 'energies'.

It could be simply a marker for these energies, not the generator.

As an obvious sceptic I'd be more convinced about this and related ley line stuff if someone could come up with some proof that these energies exist in the first place. Repeatable measurements perhaps? Otherwise if no one can measure or detect them, it's rather like them not being there at all isn't it?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick Matkin For This Post:

Bill Ryan (31st May 2017)

14. Link to Post #49
    England Avalon Member Did You See Them's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,875 times in 1,034 posts

Quote Posted by Nick Matkin (here)
    Quote Posted by Did You See Them (here)

Does anyone REALLY think it was built in the 1950s? REALLY? That's maintenance only

See this thread https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...ht=stone+henge
    I was being a little sarcastic saying "building" in thread title (now a post since thread merged ) thats all - Never meant to suggest that that is WHEN they were "BUILT" - Can't imagine anyone actualy thought that that was what I meant !

Anyway - I thought people might have been interested in the old photos of the "restoration" and of the base of some of the stones (were any pictograms discovered below the ground level on any of the stones ?
    Would love to read more on the actual dig that those photos came from, who was involved and what is any conclusions they came to.
    Last edited by Did You See Them; 31st May 2017 at 13:08.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Did You See Them For This Post:

Bill Ryan (31st May 2017), Nick Matkin (31st May 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3