+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Annette Larkins and the fountain of youth. She's 74 and still hot.

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,894 times in 371 posts

Default Annette Larkins and the fountain of youth. She's 74 and still hot.

I found out about Annette Larkins 4 years ago. Her secret? Raw food and water purified through distillation.

She is 66 in this video but in her latest videos she looks just as good.

Here is her youtube site if you want to see more of her videos.

https://www.youtube.com/user/alark13...w=0&shelf_id=1

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to neutronstar For This Post:

Akasha (18th September 2016), Daozen (18th September 2016), DeDukshyn (21st September 2016), ElfeMya (18th September 2016), kirolak (18th September 2016), Pam (19th September 2016), Rich (18th September 2016), Sir Eltor (18th September 2016), tcjim1 (18th September 2016), toppy (18th September 2016)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,202 times in 1,393 posts

Default Re: Annette Larkins and the fountain of youth. She's 74 and still hot.

To be clear, that's raw fruit and vegetables - no sushi or raw meat.
    the greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated --- Gandhi

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Akasha For This Post:

ElfeMya (18th September 2016), neutronstar (18th September 2016), Pam (19th September 2016), Rich (18th September 2016), Wide-Eyed (18th September 2016)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Akasha (here)
    To be clear, that's raw fruit and vegetables - no sushi or raw meat.
    Actually it's raw fruits, veggies, seeds, nuts, and sprouts. But ya, no meats or grains.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to neutronstar For This Post:

Akasha (19th September 2016), ElfeMya (18th September 2016), Pam (19th September 2016)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 times in 765 posts

raw is pretty healthy I been raw for several years and currently I eat mostly raw but also raw grains, grind them up and soak them for 5-10 hours to make them digestible

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rich For This Post:

Akasha (19th September 2016), lake (18th September 2016), neutronstar (18th September 2016), Pam (19th September 2016)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,886 times in 760 posts

According to this talk, no one can live on a truly raw UNPROCESSED food diet.
    http://www.ted.com/talks/suzana_herc...he_human_brain

The RAW FOOD FOLKS invariably need to process their food (make it easier to digest), whether by blending, juicing, grinding, sprouting, soaking, fermenting, etc.

10. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member Wide-Eyed's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 times in 274 posts

Quote Posted by ozmirage (here)

The RAW FOOD FOLKS invariably need to process their food (make it easier to digest), whether by blending, juicing, grinding, sprouting, soaking, fermenting, etc.

I had a Chap that worked for me, Harry Armstrong , 74 yrs. young. Ate only raw foods . "Like a Gorilla, eats...'" he would explain. He worked in operations and in our trucking division. He had the drive of a sixteen yr. old. Harry Also liked to work in River runners no shoes, until he broke foot on one of our truck ramps...

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wide-Eyed For This Post:

Akasha (19th September 2016), neutronstar (18th September 2016)

12. Link to Post #7
    New Caledonia/ Australia/ Munich, Germany
    Thanks

RAw VEgan Power...
    Love and Light

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ElfeMya For This Post:

Akasha (19th September 2016), Daozen (18th September 2016), neutronstar (18th September 2016)

14. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Wide-Eyed (here)

I had a Chap that worked for me, Harry Armstrong , 74 yrs. young. Ate only raw foods . "Like a Gorilla, eats...'" he would explain. He worked in operations and in our trucking division. He had the drive of a sixteen yr. old. Harry Also liked to work in River runners no shoes, until he broke foot on one of our truck ramps...
    Eating uncooked (raw) food is not the issue - eating UNPROCESSED hard to digest raw foods is the issue.
    . . .
    If you watched the video, the speaker explained how it would be impractical to eat all-raw unprocessed food.
    - - - -
    http://www.smithsonianmag.com/scienc...uman-72989884/
    It is literally possible to starve to death even while filling one’s stomach with raw food. In the wild, people typically survive only a few months without cooking, even if they can obtain meat.
    - - - -
    FWIW - the theory that cooked foods enabled humans to grow larger brains also fits in with the atrophy of jaw muscles, which also enable skull size to enlarge to fit the brain. The point being - that extolling the virtues of raw food as a 'natural' diet may be wholly wrong, and that eating cooked foods was instrumental in our evolution.

Which raises the next question: what changed so that cooked foods became less healthy?
    Modern refining? Food fads? Medical quackery? Changes in crops?

15. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Wide-Eyed (here)

Eating uncooked (raw) food is not the issue - eating UNPROCESSED hard to digest raw foods is the issue.
    . . .
    If you watched the video, the speaker explained how it would be impractical to eat all-raw unprocessed food.
    - - - -
    http://www.smithsonianmag.com/scienc...uman-72989884/
    It is literally possible to starve to death even while filling one’s stomach with raw food. In the wild, people typically survive only a few months without cooking, even if they can obtain meat.
    - - - -
    FWIW - the theory that cooked foods enabled humans to grow larger brains also fits in with the atrophy of jaw muscles, which also enable skull size to enlarge to fit the brain. The point being - that extolling the virtues of raw food as a 'natural' diet may be wholly wrong, and that eating cooked foods was instrumental in our evolution.

Which raises the next question: what changed so that cooked foods became less healthy?
    Modern refining? Food fads? Medical quackery? Changes in crops?
    Maybe that is telling us those foods are not meant for us to eat. Cows are grass eaters. We feed them corn and because of it they develope E Coli in their gut to be able to digest it. We feed them parts of other animals and they get mad cow disease.

Nature developed food for each animal on this planet including us. Cooking is not natural, it is a learned behavior, maybe not a good one.

The problem is we have become addicted to the types of food we eat and with all addictions it is really hard to break. We will make all kinds of excuses of why we can continue to get our fix.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to neutronstar For This Post:

Akasha (19th September 2016), Rich (19th September 2016)

17. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

And for the record. I am not a raw vegan. I am a vegetarian that still eats cooked and processed food because I am addicted to it. Improving my diet maybe a lifelong pursuit, but I don't lie to myself about why I eat what I eat.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to neutronstar For This Post:

fourty-two (21st September 2016), Pam (19th September 2016), Rich (19th September 2016)

19. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,707 times in 3,334 posts

Quote Posted by neutronstar (here)
    And for the record. I am not a raw vegan. I am a vegetarian that still eats cooked and processed food because I am addicted to it. Improving my diet maybe a lifelong pursuit, but I don't lie to myself about why I eat what I eat.

Right on! That is the first step in modifying behavior, self honesty.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

neutronstar (19th September 2016), Rich (19th September 2016)

21. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,146 times in 2,998 posts

A mix of cooked and raw is our best option. All cooked food taxes the organs that supply enzymes for digestion. Raw foods contain the enzymes and bio-critters that enable ease of digestion and do not rob the pancreas, for example, of it's needed enzymes. After many years of nothing but cooked foods the pancreas and other organs throw in the towel and have little left to give. They begin to fail.

However, some cooking is required. Heat enables us to utilize certain nutrients not readily available in raw form. Perhaps 75% raw and 25% cooked. And careful of nuts, as they contain enzyme inhibitors that keep the nuts from rotting or consuming themselves. Soaking nullifies the inhibitors and allows better digestion and absorption.
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

NancyV (20th September 2016), neutronstar (19th September 2016), Rich (19th September 2016)

23. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Maybe that is telling us those foods are not meant for us to eat. [Such as?]

Nature developed food for each animal on this planet including us. Cooking is not natural, it is a learned behavior, maybe not a good one. [Not if the hypothesis that cooking enabled our primate brains to grow and evolve is correct]

The problem is we have become addicted to the types of food [and combinations] we eat and with all addictions it is really hard to break. We will make all kinds of excuses of why we can continue to get our fix.
    I disagree.

Based on the data presented in the video, and other corroborating sources, cooking food was vital in the evolution of the human primate. Cooking may not be "natural," but without it, we would be barrel gutted small primates, with a proportionately small brain, and a small skull surrounded by huge jaw muscles needed for hours and hours of chewing.

Without cooking, we would NOT have small guts, atrophied jaw muscles, large skulls and brains. We would spend 7 to 9 hours a day feeding and chewing, and little else.

If you have data that refutes what was presented in the video, about the disproportionately large human primate brain, neuron count, and its huge calorie requirement, that would be impossible to support with a raw unprocessed diet, please present it.

There is a valid point in that certain combinations of foods are capable of confusing our brain and natural hunger. An example is sugar and fat. Eating either, alone, is somewhat nauseating, but if you combine powdered sugar and butterfat into icing, it no longer nauseating, but delectable. Similar combinations of salt and fat / grease are also known to bypass our inhibitions on excess. (Imagine air popped popcorn without a trace of butter or salt - - - blech).

The four basic (junk?) food groups involve salt, sugar, vinegar, and grease, in various combinations and proportions. But they do not necessarily require cooking to inflict their nefarious influences over our tastebuds and appetites.
    The basic oil and vinegar salad dressing enables us to relish raw salads and other vegetables. Marinades improve taste and texture.
    Just about all our condiments have two or more of the 'basic four' - mustard, ketchup, barbecue sauce, worchestershire sauce, soy sauce, etc, etc.

I submit that cooking is not so much the problem as is the combinations of certain additions that interfere with biological signals regarding hunger and satiety.

24. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

Maybe that is telling us those foods are not meant for us to eat. [Such as?]

Nature developed food for each animal on this planet including us. Cooking is not natural, it is a learned behavior, maybe not a good one. [Not if the hypothesis that cooking enabled our primate brains to grow and evolve is correct]

The problem is we have become addicted to the types of food [and combinations] we eat and with all addictions it is really hard to break. We will make all kinds of excuses of why we can continue to get our fix.
    I disagree.

Based on the data presented in the video, and other corroborating sources, cooking food was vital in the evolution of the human primate. Cooking may not be "natural," but without it, we would be barrel gutted small primates, with a proportionately small brain, and a small skull surrounded by huge jaw muscles needed for hours and hours of chewing.

Without cooking, we would NOT have small guts, atrophied jaw muscles, large skulls and brains. We would spend 7 to 9 hours a day feeding and chewing, and little else.

If you have data that refutes what was presented in the video, about the disproportionately large human primate brain, neuron count, and its huge calorie requirement, that would be impossible to support with a raw unprocessed diet, please present it.

There is a valid point in that certain combinations of foods are capable of confusing our brain and natural hunger. An example is sugar and fat. Eating either, alone, is somewhat nauseating, but if you combine powdered sugar and butterfat into icing, it no longer nauseating, but delectable. Similar combinations of salt and fat / grease are also known to bypass our inhibitions on excess. (Imagine air popped popcorn without a trace of butter or salt - - - blech).

The four basic (junk?) food groups involve salt, sugar, vinegar, and grease, in various combinations and proportions. But they do not necessarily require cooking to inflict their nefarious influences over our tastebuds and appetites.
    The basic oil and vinegar salad dressing enables us to relish raw salads and other vegetables. Marinades improve taste and texture.
    Just about all our condiments have two or more of the 'basic four' - mustard, ketchup, barbecue sauce, worchestershire sauce, soy sauce, etc, etc.

I submit that cooking is not so much the problem as is the combinations of certain additions that interfere with biological signals regarding hunger and satiety.
    First of all Annette and many other raw vegans seem to be doing just fine and they don't spend all day eating. She never gets sick, has not been to a doctor in decades. It is not genes because her family is riddled with health problems and they don't follow her diet.

About the brain size and intelligence. She is speculating when she says whales, orcas, and elephants aren't as smart as we are. We have two hands to manipulate the world around us. If we did not, how smart would we look. We would still be just as intelligent but in a different way. We have no idea how other species view the world. Our brain processes 200 billion bits of information every second, but our awareness, what we see, taste, touch, smell, and hear makes up only 2000 bits per second. We don't even perceive the tip of the tip of the tip of the iceberg of reality. When you see a dog barking at something in an empty room. There is probably something there that we can't perceive.

Basically she is saying pre humans (apes basically) started cooking and developed bigger brains. Not buying that one.

There is a big problem in the theory of human evolution. There is the hominoids and then humans just burst on the scene. The difference between the hominoid skull,(which looks like an ape skull) and the human skull is a very large jump. They talk about finding the missing link, (which they haven't found in 150 years of looking) they need to find 10 or 20 missing links to account for such a huge change. Take a look for yourself. A simple google search.

Here is a persentation by Lloyd Pye talking about the subject.

I don't have the answers. But there was nothing in that Ted talk that changed my mind about anything. If it convinced you that's fine. I am not here to try and change you mind, just offering my opinion.
    Last edited by neutronstar; 21st September 2016 at 00:55.

+ Reply to Thread