+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Global Eruption Rocks the Sun

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,422 times in 3,394 posts

Default Global Eruption Rocks the Sun

http://science.nasa.gov/science-news...lobaleruption/

Quote Dec. 13, 2010: On August 1, 2010, an entire hemisphere of the sun erupted. Filaments of magnetism snapped and exploded, shock waves raced across the stellar surface, billion-ton clouds of hot gas billowed into space. Astronomers knew they had witnessed something big.

It was so big, it may have shattered old ideas about solar activity.

"The August 1st event really opened our eyes," says Karel Schrijver of Lockheed Martin's Solar and Astrophysics Lab in Palo Alto, CA. "We see that solar storms can be global events, playing out on scales we scarcely imagined before."
    vid here... http://science.nasa.gov/media/medial...disruption.mov
    The greatest privilege of a human life is to become a
    midwife to the awakening of the Soul in another person.”
    ~ Plato

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to astrid For This Post:

lisa (14th December 2010), morguana (14th December 2010), Operator (14th December 2010), PHARAOH (14th December 2010)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,308 times in 7,756 posts

Default Re: Global Eruption Rocks the Sun

¤=[Post Update]=¤

strange images...

4. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,850 times in 339 posts

This is either quite disturbing, or a joyous occasion....depending on your perspective.

From either persepective it is a spectacular demonstration of power.

In the LAW OF ONE series, the general timeframe for some sort of "shift" is given repeatedly as being around the year 2011--and this was written 30 or so years ago. I don't think it is possible to predict the future to any high degree, but as many of us on this board are aware...something is definitely up!
    “Someday after mastering winds, waves, tides and gravity, we shall harness the energies of love. And then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will discover fire.”
    ~Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hiram For This Post:

lisa (14th December 2010)

6. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Hiram (here)
    In the LAW OF ONE series, the general timeframe for some sort of "shift" is given repeatedly as being around the year 2011--and this was written 30 or so years ago. I don't think it is possible to predict the future to any high degree, but as many of us on this board are aware...something is definitely up!
    LOL, even though I have read the Law of One series only once, I have re-read the parts about the Dimensional shift many times.
    Here is a link in case others are interested: http://www.lawofone.info/results.php...7&sc=1&ss=1#29
    I always take heart on how much easier the "Service to Others" path is compared to the "Service to Self" path.
    Last edited by lisa; 14th December 2010 at 18:55.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lisa For This Post:

Hiram (14th December 2010)

8. Link to Post #5
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,835 times in 232 posts

Dec. 13, 2010: On August 1, 2010, an entire hemisphere of the sun erupted. Filaments of magnetism snapped and exploded, shock waves raced across the stellar surface, billion-ton clouds of hot gas billowed into space. Astronomers knew they had witnessed something big.

"The August 1st event really opened our eyes," says Karel Schrijver of Lockheed Martin's Solar and Astrophysics Lab in Palo Alto, CA. "We see that solar storms can be global events, playing out on scales we scarcely imagined before."

More...

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Richard For This Post:

astrid (15th December 2010), NoTingles (16th January 2011)

10. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

just had another burst...

my D2 images stopped a little over an hour ago...

11. Link to Post #7
    Australia Avalon Member str8thinker's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 times in 530 posts

12. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,488 times in 2,183 posts

I'm a little confused... after being out all evening and finally getting back to the fourm, I saw the title of this thread and my heart skipped a beat... "what? and I missed it?" I rushed to read this thread and , I must say, I am a bit upset because... it got me "going", as they say.

The event in the OP took place on August 1 this year. It is not something that has happened today.

The event was posted in this thread: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...0692#post40692

And discussed and posted here, too: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...tific%29+proof

What's the new about this news, then???
    "Vision without action is merely a dream.
    Action without vision just passes the time.
    Vision with action can change the world." Joel Arthur Barker

13. Link to Post #9
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,456 times in 404 posts

Quote Posted by MorningSong (here)
    I'm a little confused... after being out all evening and finally getting back to the fourm, I saw the title of this thread and my heart skipped a beat... "what? and I missed it?" I rushed to read this thread and , I must say, I am a bit upset because... it got me "going", as they say.

The event in the OP took place on August 1 this year. It is not something that has happened today.

The event was posted in this thread: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...0692#post40692

And discussed and posted here, too: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...tific%29+proof

What's the new about this news, then???
    The news is that the sun is sooo dead, that we had to dip into the archive to give you a kick

14. The Following User Says Thank You to bashi For This Post:

MorningSong (14th December 2010)

15. Link to Post #10
    Ireland Avalon Member irishspirit's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,720 times in 462 posts

Dec. 13, 2010: On August 1, 2010, an entire hemisphere of the sun erupted. Filaments of magnetism snapped and exploded, shock waves raced across the stellar surface, billion-ton clouds of hot gas billowed into space. Astronomers knew they had witnessed something big.

http://science.nasa.gov/science-news...lobaleruption/
    Open your eyes and you will see, open your heart and your will feel.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to irishspirit For This Post:

Shane_Original (15th December 2010)

17. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,403 times in 414 posts

Threads merged

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Ross For This Post:

astrid (15th December 2010)

19. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

after days of pointing out what I was seeing on the D2 images... suddenly they stopped, no updates in close to 24 hours...

now I'm really wondering if these images are showing something not meant for the public...

20. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Post Global Eruption Rocks the Sun

STEREO and SDO observe an eruption stretching around the Sun. It was so big, it may have shattered old ideas about solar activity.

More...

21. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

old news, are they mentioning it because of the filament currently pointed our way?

22. Link to Post #15
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,628 times in 390 posts

Default Vast Solar Eruption Shocks NASA and Raises Doubts on Sun Theory

NASA reports an entire hemisphere of the sun has erupted. The U.S. space agency now admits the cataclysm puts existing solar theories in doubt.

We are forever being told that the sun is a vast gas ball of hydrogen and helium at the center of our solar system. But new evidence may help prove this isn’t the case after all, according to solar experts who say the sun has an iron core.

A stunned NASA admits, “Astronomers knew they had witnessed something big. It was so big, it may have shattered old ideas about solar activity.”

The vast global solar eruption covers ~10^9 km of the solar photosphere. The US space agency reports, “The whole solar hemisphere erupted simultaneously in an avalanche effect that had been triggered in the tiny solar core and propagated outwards” (NASA: Dec 13, 2010).

Scientist have confirmed that the explosion that occurred on August 1, 2010 is unprecedented in recorded history and caused filaments of magnetism to snap and explode creating enormous shock waves that raced across the stellar surface. This caused billion-ton clouds of hot gas to billow out into space.

This unprecedented event is claimed to give support to an alternative theory long held by Professor Oliver K. Manuel, a Postdoctoral Fellow of the University of California, Berkeley.

Event believed to be a Self Organized Criticality
    In a never seen before occurrence, an entire hemisphere of the sun erupted simultaneously in an avalanche effect triggered from inside the compact solar core and propagated outwards; scientists are describing the astonishing happening as like the sand pile effect in Self Organised Criticality.

Self Organized Criticality (SOC) occurs in physics when a critical point is reached in a dynamic system in flux whereby the system radically alters its behavior or structure, for example, from being a solid to acting like a liquid.

SOC is one of a number of important discoveries made in statistical physics and related fields over the latter half of the 20th century, discoveries which relate particularly to the study of complexity in nature. Such new evidence, say Manuel, must now force solar scientists to think again.

Read more at Suite101: Vast Solar Eruption Shocks NASA and Raises Doubts on Sun Theory http://www.suite101.com/content/vast...#ixzz1A0SpITqj

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fredkc For This Post:

Anna (4th January 2011), Ross (3rd January 2011)

+ Reply to Thread