+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Snowden movie

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member James Newell's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,912 times in 340 posts

Default Snowden movie

I'd highly recommend the Snowdon movie. It is probably one of Oliver Stones better ones.
    Fast moving, emotional with lots of revelations of how we are all being spied on.

Go see it.

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to James Newell For This Post:

3(C)+me (21st September 2016), dan33 (3rd November 2018), ElfeMya (22nd September 2016), Ellisa (24th September 2016), Ewan (22nd September 2016), Flash (21st September 2016), good point (24th September 2016), jimrich (21st September 2016), JRS (21st September 2016), KiwiElf (21st September 2016), Nasu (21st September 2016), Openmindedskeptic (22nd September 2016), Shannon (21st September 2016), uzn (21st September 2016), ZooLife (21st September 2016)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Default Re: Snowden movie

I was very impressed with the Snowden fiim even if a lot of it was over my head.
    His integrity, honor and Courage was well expressed in there and I was happy to see that his girlfriend went to be with him in Russia.
    Our government just gets scarier by the minute as greed and the EGOIC lust for money and power overwhelms what may have been a noble society at one time. It's disturbing to watch the "best country" slowly turning to trash.
    I'd like to see Oliver do a story about 9/11 but I imagine the Elite Rulers will never allow such a thing or will insist that more LIES be fed to the gullible public.
    We the people really are a herd of simple minded SHEEP!

4. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,170 times in 1,747 posts

Oliver Stone said some cool Things in the latest Press conference concerning his new Film. Firstly that the USA are not a free Country. And secondly that all involved with the illegal spying should be charged with something like the "Nüremburg Trial".

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to uzn For This Post:

ElfeMya (22nd September 2016), Sunny-side-up (21st September 2016), wondering (21st September 2016)

6. Link to Post #4
    Germany Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,190 times in 1,661 posts

@uzn

"Oliver Stone said some cool Things in the latest Press conference concerning his new Film. Firstly that the USA are not a free Country. And secondly that all involved with the illegal spying should be charged with something like the "Nüremburg Trial"-

well, no S**t!- NO country is a democracy; when will people wake up and realise we're ALL owned and at the end of the day we have no say about how our lives are being run; just start with countless taxations imposed upon us; none of us in a so-called democracy never, ever voted upon letting ourselves be taxed ...

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cardillac For This Post:

James Newell (21st September 2016), uzn (21st September 2016)

8. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

I think the deeper implications of the movie, including the pervasiveness of the network of spying, not including the complete betrayal of some of the US best allies, and the American people in general is something every American and people who love freedom should be shouting on the rooftops to see.

I think this thread should probably just be "Movies to see,books to read". So in a mouseclick the nsa can click on who is talking about Snowden movie and now check us all out. Well so be it. Feel free to add any other movies or books that relate to this meme.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to James Newell For This Post:

ElfeMya (22nd September 2016)

10. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,170 times in 1,747 posts

"Citizen Four" is worth watching, it´s with and about Edward Snowden. He tells his own Story in his own words.

@Cardillac : sure I know, I think all here know. Democracy nowadays is just a smokescreen to justify all their imperial crimes against us the People and the planet.

Back in Greece they needed politicians because not all People could fit in the Duma. So they had to send representatives there. Today with all the Computers and Smartphones we could all be voting and deciding on political issues. If one wanted to participate. So there is really no need anymore for Prepesentatives / Politicians. Nowadays voting is just a joke, you can choose from a bunch of preselected criminal psychopaths.
    Last edited by uzn; 21st September 2016 at 19:51.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to uzn For This Post:

ElfeMya (22nd September 2016), James Newell (21st September 2016)

12. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Another good movie is A Good American. Bill Binney was one of the first whistle blowers and very high up in the NSA. You can see the website here. He is in the country and still spills the beans on them regularly. http://agoodamerican.org
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 24th September 2016 at 01:04. Reason: fixed accidental typo in Bill Binney's name

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to James Newell For This Post:

Bill Ryan (24th September 2016), Sequoia (24th September 2016), uzn (24th September 2016)

14. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member Sequoia's Avatar
    Thanks

Snowden was straight from the farm, it was about Gazprom and melting Arctic Sea routes and gps coordinates..the rest was for show so that people 'demand' more more tax $$$$$ allocated to surveillance I mean security..I guess it kinda backfired and the masses around the world woke up to what a real hero like Mr Binney said 15 years ago when no one, including myself, listened…we were busy still wondering "where the f*ck did the tower go?" After the first one turned to dust in 10 secs...

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Sequoia For This Post:

James Newell (24th September 2016)

16. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Ya Binney is Da man. As a matter of fact he was one of the "technical advisors" for the Snowden movie. He possibly could of been the character that Nick Cage played.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to James Newell For This Post:

dan33 (3rd January 2019)

+ Reply to Thread