+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bottled water...is it really better than tap water??

1. Link to Post #21
    Canada Avalon Member Spellbound's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,257 times in 1,040 posts

Default Re: Bottled water...is it really better than tap water??

Quote Posted by Clear Light (here)
    Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    My thought is that you would be better buying and installing a quality water filter to the tap.
    It would eventually work out cheaper than buying bottled water which is relatively dead by the time you get it.

Chris
    Oh, yeah, I've been using Brita filters for years now
    I've been using a Brita for years as well, but it's a pain in the ass having to constantly refill.

Dave - Toronto

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spellbound For This Post:

Clear Light (24th September 2016), enigma3 (24th September 2016)

3. Link to Post #22
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,382 times in 700 posts

Hello Everyone:
    I have drank alot of different water in my life! It's interesting how everyone believes bottled water to be better than the water out of the tap! Over the years I have tried water filters, water distillers ( commercial units ) and water ionizers.
    From my use I have come to believe if you want really good water that is the best for you it would be hands down...WATER IONIZED

You can put the machine to what water PH you would like and use the excess water that is acidic on your plants. ( there is two hoses coming out of the unit. One is alkaline and the other is acidic ) It fits easily to your kitchen sink tap and the filter lasts for upto 6000 litres of tap water.

After drinking distilled water for 20 years I came to the conclusion that there had to be something better and there was...IONIZED WATER.

I have no interest in water ionizers but know from testing the water of filtered, bottled, distilled and ionized that ionized is simply spot on.

When you test distilled water you would think it's alkaline but it's acidic even just after making it. You can put it through a carbon filter to get it more alkaline but it's not perfect.

Water ionized water makes you wonder why you drank any other type of water.

Here is a link of the ionizer I use but I am definitely not trying to advertise for any company or anything but information to anyone that wants to research water ionizers.

link:
    http://www.diytrade.com/china/pd/100...r_Ionizer.html

Good luck and keep healthy.
    chancy

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chancy For This Post:

Mike (24th September 2016), RunningDeer (25th September 2016), Spellbound (24th September 2016)

5. Link to Post #23
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks

I am using a Berkey system for the last 2 years and I am very, very pleased so I bought another one for my kids (moved away from home). Since then I can´t drink tap water or any other kind of water - even if I¨m living in Denmark and the water is supposed to be very good.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toppy For This Post:

BMJ (27th November 2016), Spellbound (24th September 2016)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,264 times in 1,414 posts

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    Quote Posted by Justplain (here)
    Hi Spellbound, if your bottled water has fluoride it means its just tapwater (filtered or otherwise), cuz fluoridation doesnt happen to spring water.
    This isn't true. Fluoride is also a mineral that occurs naturally on earth and is quite often (but not always) found in artesian spring water in small amounts...
    Ok, Dedukshen, if you want to get technical about it, the fluoride levels in natural spring water, particularly that in bottled water should be negligible, as per:

“Thankfully, most fresh water supplies contain very low levels of fluoride. The average level of fluoride in unpolluted fresh water is less than 0.1 ppm, which is about 10 times less than the levels added to water in fluoridation programs (0.7 to 1.2 ppm). The frequent claim, therefore, that “nature thought of fluoridation first” does not withstand scrutiny.”

Source: http://fluoridealert.org/faq/

I knew a girl who once worked in a local water bottling facility, and she claimed that they often used tap water. I’m not sure that it was all the time, but frequently when the regular water supply didnt provide enough. That’s where i suspect Spellbound’s bottled water got its fluoride from.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Justplain For This Post:

Spellbound (24th September 2016)

9. Link to Post #25
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,947 times in 1,689 posts

I lived on an Island where the water was supplied with chlorine which was only evident in the dry season when water table levels were low. On two occasions I was forced through thirst to purchase water in a plastic bottle. It was BITTER and undrinkable, probably from the plastic of the bottle. Anyway, who would drink water supplied by the eugenic manufacturers plotting your early death. Very similar are the
    American manufacturing plants that deliberately pour their poisonous runoff into rivers from which the towns downstream get their water. Force Rockefeller to drink it.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to amor For This Post:

Justplain (25th September 2016), Mike (24th September 2016), Spellbound (24th September 2016)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,827 times in 404 posts

The only plastic bottled water that does not contain BPA's or BPB's is Fiji. I only drink that on trips. Glass bottles are fine. Perrier or Evian, Evian is the best as others have pointed out.
    At home I installed a whole house filter fed from the cold water line. That is filtered with a .5 micron filter good for 500 gallons. Your local hardware store will have them. Then the water goes to a separate faucet installed in the corner of the sink where the soap dispenser usually goes. Cooking water and drinking water come from that faucet. I change the filter twice a year. A .5 micron filter takes out almost all baddies. Lead, flouride, cryptosporidium (sp?) and lots more. And we get our water from one of the Finger Lakes in Upstate NY. They put flouride and bromide in it. No thanks.
    Flouride is a neurotoxin and a dumb downer. More than one study has shown that flouride depresses IQ by up to 5 points. The lithium sprayed into the air is designed to dumb us down too. I go inside when they are spraying.
    One hint here. If you buy an air conditioner, only buy one that has recirculation on it. That way if they are spraying you don't pull in outside air full of lithium and aluminum particles.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enigma3 For This Post:

Mike (24th September 2016), Spellbound (24th September 2016)

13. Link to Post #27
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,827 times in 404 posts

Forgot to add - Brita doesn't do a good job at all on water. Spellbound, use a better one. Lots to choose from now.
    A brita filter is good for making cheap alcohol taste better. That's about it. Does a good job at that!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enigma3 For This Post:

Mike (24th September 2016), Spellbound (24th September 2016)

15. Link to Post #28
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,800 times in 6,634 posts

I went to trade school in 1991 for HVACR , been doing it now for almost 25 years , bottled water has a 72 hr shelf life, after that its no diffeent than water out of the tap... to keep bacteria at bay, there are different tempatures for fruits , veggies, beverages, milk, cheese, there are charts that give the exact temps for every product... water whether refrigerated or on the shelf, only keeps bacteria free for 72hrs, about three days ...
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

EFO (26th September 2016), Mike (24th September 2016), RunningDeer (24th September 2016), Spellbound (24th September 2016)

17. Link to Post #29
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,310 times in 18,139 posts

Quote Posted by ghostrider (here)
    I went to trade school in 1991 for HVACR , been doing it now for almost 25 years , bottled water has a 72 hr shelf life, after that its no diffeent than water out of the tap... to keep bacteria at bay, there are different tempatures for fruits , veggies, beverages, milk, cheese, there are charts that give the exact temps for every product... water whether refrigerated or on the shelf, only keeps bacteria free for 72hrs, about three days ...
    That fits with my experience. Back in the 1980’s, my sister had a Polar Springs cooler in her home. She insisted it was pure water and there was a quick turn over in the stock sold. Yet, whenever I drank it, the roof of my mouth got itchy and I’d experience asthmatic breathing. It was the same symptoms I’d get from mold that I was allergic to with certain foods and places like old, damp cellars.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

EFO (26th September 2016), ghostrider (25th September 2016), Mike (24th September 2016), Spellbound (24th September 2016)

19. Link to Post #30
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,606 times in 5,714 posts

Slighlty ionized and properly ph balanced water is just as important as filtering out contaminants imo. Chancy spelled it all out pretty well.

And even the bottled water that claims alkaline ph levels isnt always telling the truth. Ive tested a few with ph strips and they were either neutral or acidic. So the best way to go is home filtered.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Justplain (25th September 2016), RunningDeer (25th September 2016), Spellbound (25th September 2016)

21. Link to Post #31
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    Hi Spellbound, if your bottled water has fluoride it means its just tapwater (filtered or otherwise), cuz fluoridation doesnt happen to spring water.
    This isn't true. Fluoride is also a mineral that occurs naturally on earth and is quite often (but not always) found in artesian spring water in small amounts...
    Ok, Dedukshen, if you want to get technical about it, the fluoride levels in natural spring water, particularly that in bottled water should be negligible, as per:

“Thankfully, most fresh water supplies contain very low levels of fluoride. The average level of fluoride in unpolluted fresh water is less than 0.1 ppm, which is about 10 times less than the levels added to water in fluoridation programs (0.7 to 1.2 ppm). The frequent claim, therefore, that “nature thought of fluoridation first” does not withstand scrutiny.”

Source: http://fluoridealert.org/faq/

I knew a girl who once worked in a local water bottling facility, and she claimed that they often used tap water. I’m not sure that it was all the time, but frequently when the regular water supply didnt provide enough. That’s where i suspect Spellbound’s bottled water got its fluoride from.
    Sure. My point was just about your statement "if it has fluoride it is tap water ..." - I was just clarifying that that statement was false. Almost all natural spring water will have some amounts of fluoride as well - so that is not an indicator of whether it is tap water or not. That was my clarification and indication - nothing more.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

fourty-two (30th September 2016), Justplain (25th September 2016), Mike (25th September 2016), RunningDeer (25th September 2016)

23. Link to Post #32
    Thanks

At room tempature after three days i would not drink bottled water ... i have not had bottled water in at least ten years ... i think there is tiny things in natural water that our bodies need , and manufactured water companies take those things out of water thinking they are helping, when the human body needs a little bit to force the immune system to always be on guard ... just like old days when doctors would tell mothers let your child go play in the dirt , nature does the rest ...

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

EFO (26th September 2016), Mike (25th September 2016), RunningDeer (25th September 2016), Spellbound (25th September 2016), sunpaw (27th November 2016)

25. Link to Post #33
    Argentina Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,523 times in 661 posts

There's no fluoride in the tap water down here, but I've noticed they've started adding bleach after the volcano erupted in 2011, damn shame because the pumice rock that fell in the lakes was deemed unharmful.

And for me there's nothing like glass to store water.

26. Link to Post #34
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,572 times in 1,716 posts

I have this kind of fountain on my yard.I bought the house together with it.It's an old on with walls of stone have a depth of 15 meters (45 feet) with 10 meters (30 feet) below the surface waters in the region and on her bottom I have three springs.It have the most tasteful water I ever tasted excepting the Romanians mountains water which is more sweet and colder than mine. I avoid as much as possible any kind of tap or bottled water.
    Last edited by EFO; 26th September 2016 at 16:16.

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to EFO For This Post:

DeDukshyn (25th September 2016), fourty-two (30th September 2016), RunningDeer (25th September 2016), Spellbound (25th September 2016)

28. Link to Post #35
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by ghostrider (here)
    At room tempature after three days i would not drink bottled water ...
    Consider that probably all bottled water, since it requires no temperature control, has sat in a hot warehouse, transport crate, or trailer and has been exposed to 30C + temperatures for extended times inside their plastic bottles before it even gets to the store shelves. This thought alone turns me right off bottled water.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

ghostrider (25th September 2016), RunningDeer (25th September 2016), Spellbound (25th September 2016)

30. Link to Post #36
    Thanks

Look at the money they make on something mother nature gives us in abundance for free, there is more water than land ...

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

EFO (27th September 2016), Spellbound (25th September 2016), uzn (27th September 2016)

32. Link to Post #37
    Great Britain Avalon Member
    Thanks

I purchased a water distiller from H2o labs and once I cleaned the kettle completely no calcium deposit has returned using the distilled water. None whatsoever (I used to use a britta filter but that does very little and still leaves a lot of calcium build up in your kettle.)
    Once I distill the water I put it in glass jars and stick them out in the sun to energize. Distillation as far as I'm aware is the only process that removes fluoride and any and all impurities. Taste is good as well.
    Last edited by raff; 28th September 2016 at 10:27.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to raff For This Post:

Althena (28th September 2016), Spellbound (29th September 2016)

34. Link to Post #38
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,806 times in 21,552 posts

Quote Posted by raff (here)
    Once I distill the water I put it in glass jars and stick them out in the sun to energize. Distillation as far as I'm aware is the only process that removes fluoride and any and all impurities. Taste is good as well.
    I would not expect distillation to remove certain dissolved volatile gases in the water, for they too will boil off with the water, and condense into the collection jar. For such gases, some sort of carbon filter (such as the Brita, or many other variants) works well.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

RunningDeer (29th September 2016), Spellbound (29th September 2016)

36. Link to Post #39
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 times in 277 posts

I highly encourage you all my avalon friends to locate your local source of free spring water. Here is a link to help you find one

http://www.findaspring.com/

My time dedicated into the water issue has lead me to the flowing conclusion; spring water is the best source of water. It makes very little difference if you bottle that spring water. Yes, given the opportunity to have it bottled in glass bottle is desirable, but if you have a body that is well mineralized and nourished, polluting metals will leave with time. You don't have to do anything. The body will do it on its own given proper nutrition.
    Give it a try.
    The ultimate ignorance is the rejection of something you know nothing about and refuse to investigate.
    – Dr. Wayne Dyer

37. Link to Post #40
    Ireland Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Spellbound (here)
    I've been buying a lot of bottled water lately, for myself and for my cats, when it struck me to look at the actual label to see fluoride listed (Nestle Pure Spring).

Dave - Toronto
    Dave, do you think paying Nestle for water is a good idea? Even if it was the most pure water on Earth?

Since I became aware of what kind of company Nestle is, and it's history of evil deeds, I have stopped buying their products - full stop. Not easy, when you LOVE Milkybar, Caramac, condensed milk, and so many other of their goodies, but we gotta stop feeding the monster.

Have a closer look at Nestle - and this is only just what they're doing now...

http://theantimedia.org/nestle-pays-...rinking-water/

http://www.bottledlifefilm.com/index.php/the-story.html

Change starts with each one of us individually.

Quote Posted by delfine (here)
    Bottled water (plastic bottles) contains BPA which is a known carcinogen. + it´s expensive. So I´ll recommend getting a water distiller. Water, as you probably know, has memory, and a way to delete this memory is by distillation.

As far as I can recall, even BPA-free plastics contain endocrine disrupters, so basically, drinking from ANY plastic bottle is bad for you. (Don't have links to back that up right now). I'm not perfect, and I still drink from plastic occasionally, but trying to change - requires some organisation and preparation.

I purchased a water distiller from H2o labs and once I cleaned the kettle completely no calcium deposit has returned using the distilled water. None whatsoever (I used to use a britta filter but that does very little and still leaves a lot of calcium build up in your kettle.)

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    I would not expect distillation to remove certain dissolved volatile gases in the water, for they too will boil off with the water, and condense into the collection jar. For such gases, some sort of carbon filter (such as the Brita, or many other variants) works well.

Thanks for the product review raff! Planning on getting one of those next month as part of my lifestyle upgrade (getting my **** together).

Paul, as far as I am aware, these particular distillers come with carbon filters.

Quote Posted by chancy (here)

After drinking distilled water for 20 years I came to the conclusion that there had to be something better and there was...IONIZED WATER.

When you test distilled water you would think it's alkaline but it's acidic even just after making it. You can put it through a carbon filter to get it more alkaline but it's not perfect.

Water ionized water makes you wonder why you drank any other type of water.

chancy

Well that is news to me. Thanks for the info chancy, always something new to learn. I'll have to look into what else can be done after removing impurities.
    I am aware of other things like structured water, ionisation etc, but don't know much about them.

I believe the Spooky2 can also have a role to play here, as the functionality of this system is expanding exponentially it seems.

That's the next lifestyle upgrade!

- LoneWolf
    Last edited by LoneWolf76; 26th November 2016 at 22:26. Reason: missing word

38. The Following User Says Thank You to LoneWolf76 For This Post:

Spellbound (13th March 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast