+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 5 LastLast

Thread: The Fat Thread

1. Link to Post #21
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,794 times in 6,634 posts

Default Re: The Fat Thread

Feel lucky if your a little heavy, the docs cant figure out what is making me lose weight, i went from 155 to 128 , and they dont know why im shrinking ... i tell them six shots every six weeks while for three years whle i was in the military ... they experimented on 120 of us, now that our group is older , many strange side effects plague my brothers and me ... we no longer serve the masters, funny we were super humans working for them, we get out and all sorts of problems arise...
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

Flash (27th September 2016), Hazelfern (27th September 2016), raregem (27th September 2016), sheme (27th September 2016)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,291 times in 744 posts

I've never been overweight, although I do tend to have more of a belly than I like. . . it definitely has to do with sugar. One week off the liquorice & the belly is gone, always. . . but organic vegan liquorice is my addiction. My best friend is, to put it bluntly, fat; however, since she has been on a low carb diet & given up ALL forms of sugar, plus long walks three times a week, the weight is simply falling off her. She has more energy & is thriving.

And I have personal experience with cider vinegar containing the "mother". . . you do lose belly fat.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kirolak For This Post:

Ewan (1st December 2016)

5. Link to Post #23
    Great Britain Avalon Member Baby Steps's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,663 times in 1,521 posts

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    Quote Posted by Baby Steps (here)
    too much insulin
    Good point, but no...... not that simple. The insulin problem is a result of overweight, unless you have some research to base this on or good explanations. And in type 2 diabetis, linked to obesity, it is not too much insulin BUT the inability of the body to integrate the sugar in its tissues (muscles and all) that is the problem, therefore the body not stopping to secrete insulin while trying to resolve this problem. Until the pancreas is exhausted.

By the way, my endocrinologist told me something very interesting: most diabetics type 2 are always hungry because the nutrients are not going into the muscle mass either with the sugar, as it should. So diabetics type 2 get hungry, their body and brain needing their nutrients, they eat, which make them fatter, which creates more type 2 diabetis. A vicious circle very difficult to break (stop) she said.

Please Target, explain to us you assertions about weight so that we could start with these to go further, since they are the most believed assertions in the general population. Thanks
    OK this is my theory...

1. The person eats 'fast carbs' like HFCS, Sugars, white Bread etc to excess that cause a rapid blood sugar spike-very unnatural over processed foods we would very rarely encounter in nature.
    2. Pancreas floods the body with insulin
    3. Rapid uptake of glucose, cells start storing fat.
    4. Pancreas becomes habituated to the over production, the resulting sugar lows produce cravings soon after the carb based meal.

Other effects that exacerbate the issue:

- Mineral and vitamin deficiencies trigger more cravings. Often there are absorbtion problems, for example you need some vitamin C to absorb Iron. The cravings are not for the foods that will help.
    -Poor diet leads to bad bacteria & fungus that interfere with absorbtion.
    - there are many enzymes in raw veg that assist absorbtion, we do not eat enough raw veg.
    - This may sound a bit woo woo, but I swear Candida messes with your head, it triggers cravings for foods that feed IT, rather than what one really needs (bread, sugary fruit etc)
    - The root of carbohydrate addiction is these nasty lows that you get, that trigger eating more carbs.It's a habit.
    - Hunger feelings can present that are in reality dehydration
    - Diet foods are often high carb and make things worse.

Newer research is suggesting that skipping meals, fasting, etc are good for you. Research suggests that the ability to burn ones fat reserves decreases with age. People need to get into a new habit-accustom to periods of ketosis. Learn not to feel bad doing this. I notice that when I do it I get grumpy and negative. We also all suffer from deposits of toxins in our fat, that affect us when the fat is mobilised. There are minerals that assist, I think Carmody mentioned copper.

still maybe the best advice is - ask a thin person. I am not very thin.
    we have subcontracted the business of healing people to Companies who profit from sickness.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Baby Steps For This Post:

The Freedom Train (13th October 2016)

7. Link to Post #24
    India Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,533 times in 475 posts

Is doing HCG diet really has no side effects?

Or else it has some side effects but are so minor and can be managed? and therefore one can consider giving it a try...

I read doctor Simeons book on HCG diet, called 'Pounds and Inches', published somewhere around 1950. And from that time people and celebrities are using this method to get 8 pack abs et cetera.

And dissolving Visceral Fat is very difficult as compared to dissolving Subcutaneous Fat, and this Visceral Fat has many toxic substances stored in it that body didn't excrete because of its insufficiency.

That's why HCG diet people recommend Kidney Cleanse and Liver cleanse before doing this diet.

So is someone here, have researched on this HCG diet, and have some thoughts?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kanishk For This Post:

kirolak (28th September 2016), sheme (27th September 2016)

9. Link to Post #25
    Denmark Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,455 times in 314 posts

The functioning of the thyroid has also a lot to say whether you are over- og underweight. An overactive thyroid makes you skinny, while an underactive thyroid gives you a slow metabolism ,and thus makes you fat.
    Last edited by delfine; 27th September 2016 at 13:23.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to delfine For This Post:

DeDukshyn (27th September 2016)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,261 times in 1,414 posts

I had a serious stroke 2 years ago (still cant walk or write normally) , i was overweight and had hi blood pressure, as well as relatively hi collesterol. After the stroke, my wife then put me on a zen diet that dictated the order in which you eat food, such as liquids first, then fruit and then the main meal. Also the foods you can combine are restricted, like potatoes dont mix with proteins. Vegetables can go with anything else in the main meal, so we always have salads, except maybe with soup. I became a vegetarian in the process (not vegan, tho). Also, this regimen was complimented by a one day a week fast, with periodic longer fasts.

As a result of the diet + fasting, i permanently lost 15% of my body weight, my blood pressure returned to that of a young person (usually less than 120's/70's, i got off the drugs (tho i take lots of supplements) and my cholesterol returned to acceptable levels. We save money on food and no drugs.

So having extra body fat was nearly deadly for me, and changing my diet and losing weight had a game changing positive affect on my life.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justplain For This Post:

TargeT (27th September 2016), The Freedom Train (13th October 2016)

13. Link to Post #27
    Great Britain Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,391 times in 1,757 posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tF7pmUmyzTk I have discovered this man and following his diet , after a slow down due to AF I took a year to put on 3 stone then I found my Liver function was compromised-Andreaz Moritz X 2 no real results yet so will keep going- now having lots of green and beetroot smoothies.I have stopped taking the Beta blockers I felt they were going to kill me, don't eat fruit or processed carbs and the weight/Fat is leaving slowly but surely, and my heart rate is becoming normal- I did my first days full runaround 3 days ago just like the old days- muscles ache but I can see the light, wan't to walk the Camino next year so must get fit, I have decided to take my life back.

14. Link to Post #28
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,659 times in 8,694 posts

Quote Posted by kanishk (here)
    I've done HCG 4 times (IM injection, not sub-Q) for stretches of 30 days each time. I went from a very very active life style to a sedative one via work assignments and have struggled with weight ever since (I'm around 210 @ 5'11" right now, really "should" lose another 20-30lbs). I now manage my weight through light exercise, farm work & periodic fasting (I eat once a day).

HCG is a GREAT way to kick start a lifestyle change, terrible way to "loose weight" and then not change your habits (the fat comes right back)

for men (higher testosterone) it can be very rapid, I was able to loose 30lbs in 30 days, for women it's a bit less fast, my GF at the time lost 12-17lbs on her 30 day runs.

As no one gains weight when they don't eat, one constant we can count on is that not eating = weight loss; thus weight can always be managed by caloric intake.

A L W A Y S

Now the real question is: Do you have the will power.

This is not an even playing field, some will have to struggle for what others obtain easily (see the above example of HCG usage) ... however it's always worth it in the end.

Quote Posted by Justplain (here)
    As a result of the diet + fasting, i permanently lost 15% of my body weight, my blood pressure returned to that of a young person (usually less than 120's/70's, i got off the drugs (tho i take lots of supplements) and my cholesterol returned to acceptable levels. We save money on food and no drugs.

So having extra body fat was nearly deadly for me, and changing my diet and losing weight had a game changing positive affect on my life.
    I think fasting is so important... this "constant eating" we do now is ridiculous.. never in history were "3 meals a day" a thing.... EVER!
    Last edited by TargeT; 27th September 2016 at 19:09.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Baby Steps (27th September 2016), kanishk (28th September 2016), kirolak (28th September 2016)

16. Link to Post #29
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,692 times in 8,940 posts

I an happy you do manage your weight.

However, there are people who have losr and gaun back many times and are eating onle 500 cal per day and cannot lose. At 800 cal a day you end up lacking many nutrients and damage your health yet, many women ard on a lifeling 800 calories per day, many are chubby and fat and still won't lose weight at 800 csl per day

Your assertion of less calories equal weight loss are false. Any nutritionist would tell you that for some, even barely eating does not work. Add to it menopause or any endocrinal unbalance such as thyroid and the situation is worst for Many

Di you have any single idea how difficult it is to maintain a 500 to 800 caloric intake per day lifelong? Any idea of the extraordinary will power these people have and yet without success often?

Oh! And fasting does worsen this situation fir those caught with the problems I just sited.

The problem Target is that tou think one size or one method fits all when in fact it rarely does.

Have you at least read my co members posts explaining the health priblems rha can be provoking obesity?

Have at least listened to rhe videos one of which explains the strategies of the sugar industry tomake sure we keep eating sugar and gettin sick.

You comnents seem oblivious to these facts

Also any woman who webt on yoyo diets 10 tines in her life to lise sonething like 500 poubda altigether ha outstanding willpower You question on willpower shows how far you are from reality and hiw innerly judgmental you must be, equatibg obesity with lack of willpower. Sincerely, i have no other wirds than telling this attitude if yours seems obtuse to me after what we presented in this thread up to now

If tou absolutely want to remain ignorant of the facts, just let us know but in this case stop judging those whose body do no respond to your parameters of health
    Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    Quote Posted by kanishk (here)
    I've done HCG 4 times (IM injection, not sub-Q) for stretches of 30 days each time. I went from a very very active life style to a sedative one via work assignments and have struggled with weight ever since (I'm around 210 @ 5'11" right now, really "should" lose another 20-30lbs). I now manage my weight through light exercise, farm work & periodic fasting (I eat once a day).

HCG is a GREAT way to kick start a lifestyle change, terrible way to "loose weight" and then not change your habits (the fat comes right back)

for men (higher testosterone) it can be very rapid, I was able to loose 30lbs in 30 days, for women it's a bit less fast, my GF at the time lost 12-17lbs on her 30 day runs.

As no one gains weight when they don't eat, one constant we can count on is that not eating = weight loss; thus weight can always be managed by caloric intake.

A L W A Y S

Now the real question is: Do you have the will power.

This is not an even playing field, some will have to struggle for what others obtain easily (see the above example of HCG usage) ... however it's always worth it in the end.

Quote Posted by Justplain (here)

I think fasting is so important... this "constant eating" we do now is ridiculous.. never in history were "3 meals a day" a thing.... EVER!
    Last edited by Flash; 27th September 2016 at 20:06.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Post:

kanishk (28th September 2016)

18. Link to Post #30
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,297 times in 575 posts

Please tell me if I'm wrong,

but I always thought that if you burn more calories than you consume, then the net result is weight loss,............ And like TargeT said:
    Quote never in history were "3 meals a day" a thing.... EVER!
    I understand that it may be a simplistic point of view, and that for some people it is a complicated issue, but fundamentally, is what myself and TargeT think not correct?

Regards.
    Last edited by Citizen No2; 28th September 2016 at 12:13.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Citizen No2 For This Post:

Akasha (27th September 2016), TargeT (27th September 2016)

20. Link to Post #31
    Thanks

For some people you are wrong. This caloric intake is basically a myth because more you diet, easier it is for your body to regain the weight and a bit more tha time around and you diet again, your body gets use to low caloric intake and loses less weight than befire and regain a bit more than you had before dieting. Then you diet again, your body gets used to still less caloric intake and you no more lose weight.

The vicious circle has started, you gain weight at 900 calories while depleting your body of essential nutrients. (A minimum of 1200 cal is necessary to have enough nutrients for a 5foot4 women and 2000 for an average man)

Quote Posted by Citizen No2 (here)
    Please tell me if Iim wrong,

but I always thought that if you burn more calories than you consume, then the net result is wait loss,............ And like TargeT said:
    I understand that it may be a simplistic point of view, and that for some people it is a complicated issue, but fundamentally, is what myself and TargeT think not correct?

Regards.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Citizen No2 (27th September 2016), kanishk (28th September 2016)

22. Link to Post #32
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,297 times in 575 posts

But surely exercise, as well as diet, play's an important part in weight control?

Regards.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Citizen No2 For This Post:

Akasha (27th September 2016), greybeard (27th September 2016)

24. Link to Post #33
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

When I stopped smoking my weight went up to 14st--not that I was eating more but when I smoked I went for a smoking walk twenty times a day--I waked miles.

There was very slight blood pressure problem the Dr prescribed all sorts of tablets I said no I will fix myself Lol
    By coincidence I noticed an advert--there was a long video about why people loose weight and put it back on.
    To make a long story short I joined the Trim down club for a modest £28 life membership.

The only down side is that associated companies e mail me with promotions for sliming aids--I just ignore that.
    I have six meals a day now --thats themain and three snacks--the snacks almost as big as the main meals.

Ive lost over a stone in three month Im within 4lb of the correct weight for my size-- I was going tot he gym months before I started, so not that.
    The main culprit of fat on the body is wheat---I cut out bread completely as advised.

I dont normally promote companies and people have to make up their own minds.

The review is worth looking at, thats what decided me.

Here is a link

http://www.trimdownclub.com/

http://www.skinnybetty.com/trim-down-club-reviews/
    Last edited by greybeard; 27th September 2016 at 20:55.
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Baby Steps (27th September 2016), Sueanne47 (27th September 2016)

26. Link to Post #34
    Thanks

However, there are people who have losr and gaun back many times and are eating onle 500 cal per day and cannot lose. At 800 cal a day you end up lacking many nutrients and damage your health yet, many women ard on a lifeling 800 calories per day, many are chubby and fat and still won't lose weight at 800 csl per day

Your assertion of less calories equal weight loss are false. Any nutritionist would tell you that for some, even barely eating does not work. Add to it menopause or any endocrinal unbalance such as thyroid and the situation is worst for Many
    what does this mean to you?

Sure seems like you didn't even read my post eh? I'll just leave that as is, as my original post answers your reply to it on its own.

Di you have any single idea how difficult it is to maintain a 500 to 800 caloric intake per day lifelong? Any idea of the extraordinary will power these people have and yet without success often?
    Well, since I've been doing it for almost 3 years now... Yeah, I do

You only thing its hard because you've never done it... if you can get past the first week or two, it becomes very easy.. so easy that I sometimes have to remind myself to eat.

Food just isnt an obsession anymore, it's fuel. If you are having medical issues, you should know it. use vitamens, don't be stupid about it.. I'm assuming a certain level of cognitive capability here (I don't feel like I need to spell out every detail, if I do let me know).

The problem Target is that tou think one size or one method fits all when in fact it rarely does.
    So what does this statement mean to you then?

Quote Posted by TargeT
    Sorta seems like you just saw a post, then replied, next time read the post

Have you at least read my co members posts explaining the health priblems rha can be provoking obesity?

Have at least listened to rhe videos one of which explains the strategies of the sugar industry tomake sure we keep eating sugar and gettin sick.

yes, because they don't figure into it.. caloric intake... ALWAYS is the key, there may be some special considerations involved (we ARE all different after all) but this is the answer...

Oh, and don't sit so much, stand more often

Also any woman who webt on yoyo diets 10 tines in her life to lise sonething like 500 poubda altigether ha outstanding willpower You question on willpower shows how far you are from reality and hiw innerly judgmental you must be, equatibg obesity with lack of willpower. Sincerely, i have no other wirds than telling this attitude if yours seems obtuse to me after what we presented in this thread up to now
    Your typo's show how emotionally charged you are currently. women "yoyo diets because they are "diets" you need to change your life style.. I also yoyo'd weight using "diets" none of it worked long term until i changed my lifestyle.

I stand by my assertion and so do all nutritionists.

Quote Posted by flash
    If tou absolutely want to remain ignorant of the facts, just let us know but in this case stop judging those whose body do no respond to your parameters of health
    YOU read judgement..I made no judgements.

but I always thought that if you burn more calories than you consume, then the net result is wait loss,............ And like TargeT said:

Regards.
    it is simplistic, but the core of it is absolutely true.. there is no way to refute that.

For some people you are wrong. This caloric intake is basically a myth because more you diet, easier it is for your body to regain the weight and a bit more tha time around and you diet again, your body gets use to low caloric intake and loses less weight than befire and regain a bit more than you had before dieting. Then you diet again, your body gets used to still less caloric intake and you no more lose weight.

The vicious circle has started, you gain weight at 900 calories while depleting your body of essential nutrients. (A minimum of 1200 cal is necessary to have enough nutrients for a 5foot4 women and 2000 for an average man)
    I'm 5'11" @ 210lbs (I think that's close to average).. I eat 500-1000 calories a day (sometimes I drink twice that much.... ahh beer, my evil temptation) no supplements, been doing it for 3 years (almost 4 i think). so I disagree with your blanket statement... find out what works for YOU.. ignore the rest

But surely exercise, as well as diet, play's an important part in weight control?

Regards.
    Exercise is more important than diet... we fall back on diet because we don't exercise enough. But yes, you have it absolutely right.

I work in the military, we are weighed and taped every month for body fat percentage, I've helped many people get to the right weight level and maintain it (to keep their jobs), MOST do it through exercise, some through diet due to injuries; but I never had one get kicked out on me..because they WANTED it (will power).

Cut out all sugars, cut out all carbs... that's one way to help lose weight (if your insulin systems work correctly) the "Atkins" diet works for a lot of people, but not everyone. Gotta get out there and find the solution that works for you, but caloric intake will always be a consideration.
    Last edited by TargeT; 27th September 2016 at 21:18.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

27. The Following User Says Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

kirolak (28th September 2016)

28. Link to Post #35
    Thanks

Yes they do, exercise and lower caloric intake help, but one shoe does not fit all, that is my point. Also, lower caloric intake is less and less possible due to all kinds of ailments people have, this due to all kind of body agressions to one's health, as described in previous posts.

Greybeard mentions that he took 14 stones (?? pounds) when he stopped smoking and relates his gain to having stopped walking while smoking.

The fact is that cigarette smoking speeds up the basal metabolism (the energy expenditure you do at rest) quite a lot. Every good smokers gains weight when they stop because the basal metabolism slows down wihtout the smoke, therefore there is less energy expenditure and as many calories absorption and weight gain.

The basal metabolism of yoyo dieters becomes extremely low, and they spend almost no energy to survive, at rest. Therefore, to lose weight, they should not consume almost anything - and they get sick for lack of nutrients, plus the really huge efforts that are constant, just to maintain the chubby weight and not gain more.

Basal metabolism is also quite slow with people with hypo thyroidism, for menopausal women, diabetics and for a whole lot of different ailments. Therefore, these people cannot lose weight easily.

I stopped smoking 30 years ago. I was a heavy smoker. I knew that my basal metabolism would slow down and that I would gain weight. Therefore, I started walking and running everytime the urge came to smoke. Lots of people find it very difficult to stop smoking. Well, it was. But believe me, this is absolutely nothing compared with losing fifty pounds again and again (because of the vicious cycles). This asks for sooooo much will power that it is just incredibly difficult.

I have been studying dieting and food nutrients for the last 30 years, but the last 20 was much more intense because I did put my daughter on a diet and an uptake in nutrients as well as cleansing to bring her to pretty much normalcy in behavior and capacities (although she still has remnants of gross and fine motor skills impairments, of partial aphasia, but none of autism).

For this, I had to study the gut microbiota, the impact of vaccines on the brain and the gut and the vaccines content, the impact of antibiotics on the gut flora, what the animals we eat are fed with and what are the process that makes wheat so toxic (for example, I think that gluten allergies may be due more to heavy pesticides allergies than gluten - wheat is put on a very high level of pesticide 3-4 days before harvest because the pesticides dry the wheat and allow for minimal loss due to humidity - those pesticides kill the gut flora). Plus studying the supplement and having blood analysis for my daughter on a regular basis.

Plus, I have worked with dietetists, nutritionists and profesionnal chef for 5 years, 3 while doing my bachelor degrree (license) and 2 full time. I knew so much in nutrition that the dieticians thought that I was a dietecian myself. I am not, I studied psychology and worked in corporate consulting/coaching and training for many years. But I did study nutrition by myself. I also always had a light weight problem which got quite aggravated when:

1. I was under so intense and heavy stress during so many years (15 years) that the cortisol secreted due to stress ended up ruining my glands, and I started gaining weight.
    2. I almost died of dysenteria which affected my guts flora in my late twenties, yet, I was able to control my weight. But not later.
    3. I was almost killed through poisoning, after which i became diabetic and this had an impact on my weight as well.

I have an iron will, I can plan strategies dozens of years in advance and follow through, I can work day and night literally with little sleep if required by life, I was a marathon runner, I am able to stop about any drugs as long as I put my will to it, yet, dieting over and over again has been the most difficult to do, and not because of lack of willpower. Because it gave very little or no results even if I was always hungry.

Regards.
    Last edited by Flash; 27th September 2016 at 21:35.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Post:

30. Link to Post #36
    Thanks

Yes, i had missed one of your post.

However, read my last one, i am not sitting on my ass. This is what YOU think.

And no, nutritionists will tell you that caloric intake counts and endocrinologist will tell you it is almost impossible to lose weight, whatever you do, if you are advance diabetic, have some uncontrolled thyroid problems, etc.

And yes, i know about vitamins etc.

I would be prudent if I were you not to deplete my body because of low caloric intake, I would take supplements (which you have to change every 4 months so that the body does not get dependent). You may pay later when older, even if it is going well right now. However, it is proven that slightly lower caloric intake than habitual requirements will make you live substantially longer.

what does this mean to you?

Sure seems like you didn't even read my post eh? I'll just leave that as is, as my original post answers your reply to it on its own.

Well, since I've been doing it for almost 3 years now... Yeah, I do

You only thing its hard because you've never done it... if you can get past the first week or two, it becomes very easy.. so easy that I sometimes have to remind myself to eat.

Food just isnt an obsession anymore, it's fuel. If you are having medical issues, you should know it. use vitamens, don't be stupid about it.. I'm assuming a certain level of cognitive capability here (I don't feel like I need to spell out every detail, if I do let me know).

So what does this statement mean to you then?

Quote Posted by TargeT
    Sorta seems like you just saw a post, then replied, next time read the post

yes, because they don't figure into it.. caloric intake... ALWAYS is the key, there may be some special considerations involved (we ARE all different after all) but this is the answer...

Oh, and don't sit so much, stand more often

Your typo's show how emotionally charged you are currently. women "yoyo diets because they are "diets" you need to change your life style.. I also yoyo'd weight using "diets" none of it worked long term until i changed my lifestyle.

I stand by my assertion and so do all nutritionists.

Quote Posted by flash
    YOU read judgement..I made no judgements.

Regards.
    it is simplistic, but the core of it is absolutely true.. there is no way to refute that.

I'm 5'11" @ 210lbs (I think that's close to average).. I eat 500-1000 calories a day (sometimes I drink twice that much.... ahh beer, my evil temptation) no supplements, been doing it for 3 years (almost 4 i think). so I disagree with your blanket statement... find out what works for YOU.. ignore the rest

Regards.
    Exercise is more important than diet... we fall back on diet because we don't exercise enough. But yes, you have it absolutely right.

I work in the military, we are weighed and taped every month for body fat percentage, I've helped many people get to the right weight level and maintain it (to keep their jobs), MOST do it through exercise, some through diet due to injuries; but I never had one get kicked out on me..because they WANTED it (will power).

Cut out all sugars, cut out all carbs... that's one way to help lose weight (if your insulin systems work correctly) the "Atkins" diet works for a lot of people, but not everyone. Gotta get out there and find the solution that works for you, but caloric intake will always be a consideration.

31. Link to Post #37
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,524 times in 32,788 posts

A quick input from me:

• Calorie counting on its own means very little when it comes to weight control.

Weight gain (unless it's triggered by endocrine/hormone imbalance) is often caused by spiking blood sugar levels (in turn, often caused by too many 'fast' carbs) -- which are siphoned off by the liver, that then dumps the excess sugar as added body fat as fast as it can.
    • So, high 'fast' carb intake can often result in weight gain.
    • High fat intake does not necessarily make one fat (at all).
    • Exercise always helps, of course (it helps anything!) -- but not because you're burning calories on the treadmill, or while out jogging. It helps because the whole metabolism is trigger-boosted to a slightly faster-running resting state, 24/7.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 27th September 2016 at 22:00.

32. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Baby Steps (28th September 2016), Davy (28th September 2016), Flash (28th September 2016), kanishk (28th September 2016), kirolak (28th September 2016), scott12133 (29th September 2016), sheme (27th September 2016), TargeT (27th September 2016)

33. Link to Post #38
    Thanks

I have an iron will, I can plan strategies dozens of years in advance and follow through, I can work day and night literally with little sleep if required by life, I was a marathon runner, I am able to stop about any drugs as long as I put my will to it, yet, dieting over and over again has been the most difficult to do, and not because of lack of willpower. Because it gave very little or no results even if I was always hungry.
    Awesome, then fast for 20 days... tell me your results, nothing but water mind you (supplements and medications are ok, if thats needed!) or for 40 days if you can make it, longest I've gone is 10; but I did that out of curiosity, stubbornness and an extreme distaste for M.R.E.'s

Yes, i had missed one of your post.

However, read my last one, i am not sitting on my ass. This is what YOU think.
    Wow, you are so easily triggered.. when did I EVER SAY you were sitting on your ass?

seriously, the whole world does not revolve around you & my posts especially do not...

And no, nutritionists will tell you that caloric intake counts and endocrinologist will tell you it is almost impossible to lose weight, whatever you do, if you are advance diabetic, have some uncontrolled thyroid problems, etc.
    Doesn't really matter, we run on (for the sake of ease) "Calories" if you fast and put your body into a state of Ketosis you will lose weight; your body has NO CHOICE but to turn to itself and it's own mechanisms for energy... you said "almost impossible" So what? are you afraid of a challenge?!

However, it is proven that slightly lower caloric intake than habitual requirements will make you live substantially longer.
    30% less calories basically = 30% longer life span in many many mammalian species. Yet another reason for my periodic fasting (plus, it's WAY cheaper! haha)
    [/QUOTE]

Sugars and carbs(though I"ve read some interesting things about all carb diets too...) are the enemy... STOP the insulin cycle how ever you can!
    Where are you?

34. Link to Post #39
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,524 times in 32,788 posts

Mod note @ TargeT:

Not meant unkindly -->

Buddy, listen: are you trying to help other members here, or prove you're right?

Please think about that question... it's mighty important. I do think you fairly often (but maybe not always! ) know what you're talking about. But if you alienate (or upset) others in the process.... what's the point of saying anything at all??

Last edited by Bill Ryan; 27th September 2016 at 22:22.

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

ErtheVessel (28th September 2016), greybeard (27th September 2016), TargeT (28th September 2016)

36. Link to Post #40
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

Im only interested in what works and I posted what works for me.
    In the review link is the latest scientific evidence of what causes weight gain and fats are n longer the enemy--ie cheese --yogurt--olive oil coconut oil--some butter milk.

I have as said 6 meals a day Im not the slightest bit hungry--its years since I ate so much and the fat has come off my body --people atthe gym are noticing--Ive been going to the gym for a year and the weight tdid not come off then--I did not look any slimmer--I do now.
    Ive had to put two new holes my belt--to make it smaller in circumference.

Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

37. The Following User Says Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 5 LastLast