+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Conspiracies- Cover-ups- Lack of main stream news.

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member Curiosity's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Conspiracies- Cover-ups- Lack of main stream news.

"When was the last time the mainstream news ran an expose of the Athabasca Oil Sands project, or of the widespread destruction of the Amazon rainforest? These issues are vastly critical to our survival, yet never explored by corporate media. Even something as crucial as Fukushima, which is still dumping radiation into the Pacific Ocean five years after the earthquake and tsunami of 2011, gets nary a mention. This disaster is put off as a local Japanese issue and all attempts to bring closure to this are left the hands of TEPCO, the Japanese energy corporation, even in the face of mounting evidence that Fukushima is already affecting life in North America".

http://www.thedailysheeple.com/6-maj...ur-eyes_102016

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Curiosity For This Post:

Axman (8th October 2016), Baby Steps (9th October 2016), Fellow Aspirant (8th October 2016), gaiagirl (7th October 2016), sandy (8th October 2016), ZooLife (9th October 2016)

3. Link to Post #2
    Ecuador Honored, Retired Member. Warren passed on 2 July, 2020.
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,540 times in 864 posts

Default Re: Conspiracies- Cover-ups- Lack of main stream news.

That is considered old news. The MSM will not touch it. And besides, there is no sex in those stories.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wnlight For This Post:

Axman (8th October 2016), Curiosity (8th October 2016), sandy (8th October 2016), ZooLife (9th October 2016)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

It's all old news. But the points brought up are relevant today.

"The Conspiracy to Prevent Revolution"

"We are quickly entering a time when the only way for the elite to prevent revolution is to enact the strict social controls only possible in a world war type scenario, which is presently unfolding before our sleepwalking eyes. The mainstream media participates in the conspiracy to prevent revolution by constantly reinforcing false state narratives about security, privacy and the need for more control, and by continually manufacturing consent for the oligarchy".

"The main objective is to prevent disbelief in official government stories and narratives, regularly engaging on the trigger term ‘conspiracy theory‘ to deflate curiosity of the unknown and misunderstood workings of our government. The media are moulding us into self-monitoring, self-policing gatekeepers who are trained to reject revolutionary ideas before they are duly investigated".

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Curiosity For This Post:

Axman (8th October 2016), Shannon (8th October 2016), wnlight (8th October 2016), ZooLife (9th October 2016)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member ZooLife's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,079 times in 1,967 posts

I could be wrong but what I got from what wnlight said on it being old news is that running the story again 'as is' won't sell enough and that is what MSM is all about. MSM is only altruistic if it just happens to sale. The owners of the MSM are not in it to save the world, all they want to do is manipulate it.
    I still have eyes to see what the world would have me see but that doesn't mean I believe. - Sara

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZooLife For This Post:

Curiosity (9th October 2016), TargeT (9th October 2016)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member ZooLife's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,079 times in 1,967 posts

Speaking of stories I used to hear on the news about famine all the time years ago. How often do you hear that one brought up in the MSM anymore?
    I still have eyes to see what the world would have me see but that doesn't mean I believe. - Sara

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ZooLife For This Post:

TargeT (9th October 2016)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ZooLife (here)
    Speaking of stories I used to hear on the news about famine all the time years ago. How often do you hear that one brought up in the MSM anymore?
    Hmm pretty much never.
    Just like most critical, life and death circumstances, pretty much everything that is extremely important is at the very least muffled by garbage news saturation.

12. Link to Post #7
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,410 times in 1,804 posts

The alt media is just as culpable as the MSM. The Robin Hood Army have actually been solving hunger by taking fresh food from restaurants and giving it to the poor in India and Pakistan. Their model could work anywhere (apart from maybe the US, with its strict laws). I think they fed something like 500,000 souls in one day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MB5YaETLJNk

Likewise, a trained tree planter can plant upwards of 4,000 trees a day, and there was an inititiative this summer to plant 50 million trees in India, with 800,000 volunteers. The response on Avalon? Near total disinterest on solutions for both reforestation and food distribution. I have to ask myself, what makes the alt media think it's any better than the MSM?
    Last edited by Daozen; 9th October 2016 at 02:28.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daozen For This Post:

Curiosity (9th October 2016), sandy (9th October 2016)

14. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,965 times in 4,050 posts

Quote Posted by Daozen (here)
    I have to ask myself, what makes the alt media think it's any better than the MSM?
    I suppose that generally everyone thinks they're better than anyone who's not like them. There's exceptions, but isn't it pretty standard?

Being a Western oriented site here, accomplishments of India and the like, probably don't hook an audience. When China reveals the world's fastest train with adjustable wheels, that might be momentarily interesting, but I don't expect a lot of fanfare for the New Silk Road--even though I personally fully believe in it and admire it.

In terms of ills, is there a website that combines a real-time debt clock, and a catalog of all running conflicts and disasters, in an easy to read format? The brain reaches a point of saturation fairly quickly. What would the average person do about Fukushima at this point? Or ever?

Most of the problems we keep encountering, could have been prevented by acting on information that has been available for generations. But I think the only significant force doing so is on other continents.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

Daozen (9th October 2016)

16. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,894 times in 371 posts

Quote Posted by ZooLife (here)
    I could be wrong but what I got from what wnlight said on it being old news is that running the story again 'as is' won't sell enough and that is what MSM is all about. MSM is only altruistic if it just happens to sale. The owners of the MSM are not in it to save the world, all they want to do is manipulate it.
    I would say the only reason they covered it in the first place was because the couldn't ignore it, which they probably would have if they could have.

The money that is made is by the people that own and control the MSM which also makes money in oil, big Agra, and the lumber industry that benefits by cutting down the amazon. They also profit from mining uranium used in nuclear power plants.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to neutronstar For This Post:

ZooLife (10th October 2016)

+ Reply to Thread