+ Reply to Thread

Thread: You are not watching a live feed from the ISS

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,908 times in 1,388 posts

Default You are not watching a live feed from the ISS

People have been getting very excited about videos from the International Space Station (ISS) apparently broadcast "live" on Facebook - but they are not what they appear to be.

The pictures are certainly stunning - astronauts in space suits apparently working outside the ISS against the background of the blue orb of the Earth.

Huge numbers have watched and commented on the feeds. Some 17m people viewed the "live" on Unilad's Facebook page and another 26m people watched four hours of footage on Viral USA's page.

They appear to be old material from between one and three years ago.

The eagle-eyed may have noticed that there was no mention of any such Facebook live on the social media accounts of Nasa or the ISS, which would seem unusual.

Nasa has confirmed to the BBC that this is not live video from the International Space Station and said it must be old spacewalk video footage

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-37778973

Modern technology and hidden realms.......

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to bogeyman For This Post:

Althena (28th October 2016), Ashy67 (29th October 2016), bennycog (28th October 2016), Biff (28th October 2016), Cartomancer (28th October 2016), fourty-two (28th October 2016), joeecho (28th October 2016), justntime2learn (28th October 2016), kirolak (29th October 2016), LivioRazlo (28th October 2016), Nasu (28th October 2016), sunwings (28th October 2016), tessie999 (28th October 2016), Woody (28th October 2016)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member LivioRazlo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,613 times in 320 posts

Default Re: You are not watching a live feed from the ISS

Of course it wasn't real. Mankind has NEVER went to space. NASA is nothing more than a religion for atheists and people with pipe dreams.

It sucks to have been lied to and so many tax dollars wasted, but these people are setting mankind up for the greatest deception ever:

A fake 'alien' invasion which will be nothing more than evil, demonic entities making themselves known to all.

Matthew 24: v.37 - As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. The nephilim, fallen angels and giants are coming back.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LivioRazlo For This Post:

conk (28th October 2016)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,304 times in 950 posts

Quote Posted by LivioRazlo (here)
    Of course it wasn't real. Mankind has NEVER went to space. NASA is nothing more than a religion for atheists and people with pipe dreams.

It sucks to have been lied to and so many tax dollars wasted, but these people are setting mankind up for the greatest deception ever:

A fake 'alien' invasion which will be nothing more than evil, demonic entities making themselves known to all.

Matthew 24: v.37 - As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. The nephilim, fallen angels and giants are coming back.
    Ah, yes of course, it's ALL one 'big hoax' eh ?

(But not the Bible naturally)

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Clear Light For This Post:

Ashy67 (29th October 2016), conk (28th October 2016), countertheanimator (28th October 2016), DeDukshyn (29th October 2016), Fellow Aspirant (29th October 2016), Rich (28th October 2016)

7. Link to Post #4
    Macedonia Avalon Member countertheanimator's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Clear Light (here)

Some people don't even believe in their own existence.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to countertheanimator For This Post:

Ashy67 (29th October 2016), Clear Light (28th October 2016), Fellow Aspirant (29th October 2016)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,742 times in 1,499 posts

Yeah, that' right. My mate's brothers' neighbour's uncle's boyfriend works at NASA and he says it's all an elaborate hoax! Satellites don't exist either. Apparently they pay the public to point their satellite TV dishes all in the same direction to keep up the deception. Really TV sigs come through the water supply. Amazing!

My wife's mum's aunt's neighbour is a vicar and he says the bible is literally true - no mistranslations or omitted texts or anything. Apparently Jesus is coming back to check (judge?) us all anytime now too. Amazing!

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nick Matkin For This Post:

Ashy67 (29th October 2016), Clear Light (28th October 2016), countertheanimator (28th October 2016), DeDukshyn (29th October 2016), Fellow Aspirant (29th October 2016)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Quote Posted by countertheanimator (here)

Ah, I suppose that depends upon your definition of "Existence" eh ?

But yes "we", that is "you" and "I" could get into a game of Semantics over what is "real" and what isn't ... if you like ?

Do I deny I appear to lead a "normal life" with bills to pay, work to go to, food to eat and water to drink ? No, not at all !

However, is this the "whole" story ? Not by any stretch of the imagination, and that again is open to "interpretation" I'd suggest

Absent of the "self", who "suffers" ? If "I am" NOT the body, not the "mind", nor "thoughts" (especially this last one), who / what is "replying" to your comment ?

Here's some pertinent Context for what I'm referring to, from Khenpo Tsultrim Gyatso's "Progressive Stages Of Meditation On Emptiness" (PDF freely available online if interested) :

"If you are not convinced that you behave emotionally as if you had a lasting, single and independent self, then it is important to address yourself to this issue before moving on to consider the doctrine of not-self. Think carefully about pain and suffering and ask yourself who or what it is that is suffering. Who is afraid of what will happen; who feels bad about what has happened; why does death seem such a threat when the present disappears every moment, scarcely having had a chance to arise? You will find that your thinking is full of contradictions, inconsistencies and irresolv­able paradoxes. This is normal. Everyone (except, perhaps, the insane) has a common sense notion of what or who they are which works (more or less) and enables them to function as normal human beings. However, when the meditator addresses himself to what or who this self is, he cannot find it. Then gradually, very gradually, it dawns on him that the reason he cannot find it is that it is not there and never was"

Apologies in advance if this is kind of but IMHO "belief" has nothing to do with it !!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Clear Light For This Post:

Ashy67 (29th October 2016)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

But yes "we", that is "you" and "I" could get into a game of Semantics over what is "real" and what isn't ... if you like ?

Do I deny I appear to lead a "normal life" with bills to pay, work to go to, food to eat and water to drink ? No, not at all !

However, is this the "whole" story ? Not by any stretch of the imagination, and that again is open to "interpretation" I'd suggest

Absent of the "self", who "suffers" ? If "I am" NOT the body, not the "mind", nor "thoughts" (especially this last one), who / what is "replying" to your comment ?

Here's some pertinent Context for what I'm referring to, from Khenpo Tsultrim Gyatso's "Progressive Stages Of Meditation On Emptiness" (PDF freely available online if interested) :

"If you are not convinced that you behave emotionally as if you had a lasting, single and independent self, then it is important to address yourself to this issue before moving on to consider the doctrine of not-self. Think carefully about pain and suffering and ask yourself who or what it is that is suffering. Who is afraid of what will happen; who feels bad about what has happened; why does death seem such a threat when the present disappears every moment, scarcely having had a chance to arise? You will find that your thinking is full of contradictions, inconsistencies and irresolv­able paradoxes. This is normal. Everyone (except, perhaps, the insane) has a common sense notion of what or who they are which works (more or less) and enables them to function as normal human beings. However, when the meditator addresses himself to what or who this self is, he cannot find it. Then gradually, very gradually, it dawns on him that the reason he cannot find it is that it is not there and never was"

Apologies in advance if this is kind of but IMHO "belief" has nothing to do with it !!!
    I try never to judge one point of view to another as its that individuals own reality. I try to accept and live in the moment and to be honest I don't worry about all the stuff online. Some of it maybe accurate but truth depends on your view point because it's all relative. It can all get very confusing so I trust my own intuition which depending on who you are may be wrong!!!! clear as mud. Ha ha

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ashy67 For This Post:

Clear Light (29th October 2016)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ashy67 (here)

I try never to judge one point of view to another as its that individuals own reality. I try to accept and live in the moment and to be honest I don't worry about all the stuff online. Some of it maybe accurate but truth depends on your view point because it's all relative. It can all get very confusing so I trust my own intuition which depending on who you are may be wrong!!!! clear as mud. Ha ha
    Oh, the limitations of language ... inasmuch as to say "in the moment" implies does it not that it is possible to somehow be "out of the moment" eh ?

But where else can you be right here and now except through thinking it so ?

I'd suggest the "I" which is dis-satisifed with its current situation is indeed the source of all one's "problems" LOL

Because in the absence of "I" everything is already the "Great Perfection" as-it-is (or as is) ... it's only "thoughts" that claim otherwise !!!

Oh, IMHO the much sought after "moment" isn't some ideal or special "state" that is mentally graspable, it is what remains as the "net of conceptual thinking" dissolves of its own accord ... so instead of "trying" one is probably better advised to "relax into it" eh ?

Name:  Stillness_of_the_Mind.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  22.5 KB
    Last edited by Clear Light; 29th October 2016 at 15:22. Reason: An Amendment

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Clear Light For This Post:

Ashy67 (29th October 2016), GaelVictor (29th October 2016)

17. Link to Post #9
    Macedonia Avalon Member countertheanimator's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, that escalated quickly.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to countertheanimator For This Post:

Ashy67 (29th October 2016)

+ Reply to Thread