+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "People of Earth" a new TBS Series satirizing the abduction phenomenon

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member Maunagarjana's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,195 times in 681 posts

Default "People of Earth" a new TBS Series satirizing the abduction phenomenon

By the way, IMDb lists that one of the Executive Producers of the show is David Kissinger, son of Henry Kissinger.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4695530/...=tt_cl_sm#cast
    "The total number of minds in the universe is one." - Erwin Schrödinger

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Maunagarjana For This Post:

Alien Ramone (29th November 2016), Ecnal61 (30th October 2016), Flowerpunkchip (2nd November 2016), Iloveyou (26th November 2016), justntime2learn (1st November 2016), Kryztian (30th October 2016), Matt P (1st November 2016), sunflower (1st November 2016)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,948 times in 536 posts

Default Re: "People of Earth" a new TBS Series satirizing the abduction phenomenon

I am going to have a look, see how it goes or more importantly how it portrays...

4. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,950 times in 3,471 posts

Default Re: "People of Earth" a new TBS Series satirizing the abduction phenomenon

I remember Vito Russo's book "The Celluloid Closet" about how Hollywood portrayed gay, lesbian and transgender people throughout the history of cinema, and made comparisons to how black people were treated. For some time, their existence was pretty much ignored into film, and then, when they were finally introduced, they were exaggerations and stereotypes that could easily be ridiculed. To portray them as serious individuals would be to threatening to the mainstream of society. But at least, their existence was finally being acknowledged, and this opened a gate so that eventually, society could start down the path towards treating them as people worthy of dignity.

At least this show will make some people aware that there is an alien abduction phenomena and make them wonder about the place in the world where this phenomena is taken seriously.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

BMJ (1st November 2016), Matt P (1st November 2016), Maunagarjana (30th October 2016)

6. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member Maunagarjana's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,195 times in 681 posts

Here's the pilot episode.

"The total number of minds in the universe is one." - Erwin Schrödinger

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Maunagarjana For This Post:

BMJ (1st November 2016), Flowerpunkchip (2nd November 2016), Kryztian (2nd November 2016), Matt P (1st November 2016), Sir Eltor (30th October 2016), sunflower (1st November 2016)

8. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,948 times in 536 posts

It is very safe to say it is satirical in the extreme. I did enjoy it and look forward to more episodes. To anybody with a modicum of knowledge in the abduction phenomena will see it as poking fun at the whole idea but in such a way that it knows it is poking fun. I don't see it turning anybody away and perhaps may interest people who had no prior knowledge on the idea of alien abductions.

The true test will be if it comes too close to any 'issues' then it will be cancelled due to poor ratings etc.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Craig For This Post:

BMJ (1st November 2016), Lifebringer (30th October 2016), Maunagarjana (30th October 2016), sunflower (1st November 2016)

10. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member helencrump's Avatar
    Thanks

Thumbs up "PEOPLE OF EARTH" Premier - WOW!

This was no parody. This was DISCLOSURE! I've been looking forward to watching this show ever since I saw the preview, like two months ago.

I'm kind of speechless about what I saw. No laugh track. Amusing but the writers did their homework. Unfortunately, Im not sure that the general public will get it.

Full episode here:

WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU THINK.

11. The Following 30 Users Say Thank You to helencrump For This Post:

Atlas (1st November 2016), betoobig (1st November 2016), Bill Ryan (1st November 2016), binemaya (1st November 2016), BMJ (1st November 2016), Ernie Nemeth (1st November 2016), Ewan (1st November 2016), Fellow Aspirant (1st November 2016), Flash (1st November 2016), guyres (1st November 2016), Ivanhoe (1st November 2016), kirolak (1st November 2016), lastlegs (1st November 2016), Lifebringer (1st November 2016), lisalu (1st November 2016), Matt P (1st November 2016), Maunagarjana (2nd November 2016), mountain_jim (3rd December 2016), Oxygen (1st November 2016), phillipbbg (1st November 2016), Rex (1st November 2016), Sequoia (1st November 2016), sheme (1st November 2016), Sir Eltor (1st November 2016), StandingWave (1st November 2016), sunflower (1st November 2016), Sunny-side-up (1st November 2016), sunpaw (26th November 2016), toppy (1st November 2016), TraineeHuman (1st November 2016)

12. Link to Post #7
    England Avalon Member Did You See Them's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,877 times in 1,034 posts

Default Re: "PEOPLE OF EARTH" Premier - WOW!

Will watch this tonight - Thanks.
    Always interested in seeing what is being pumped out to the masses in this regard.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Did You See Them For This Post:

betoobig (1st November 2016), Matt P (1st November 2016)

14. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,784 times in 3,539 posts

It was good info on truth.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

betoobig (1st November 2016), Matt P (1st November 2016)

16. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,020 times in 927 posts

I suppose I'll give it a look. I had intended to avoid it because the previews gave me the impression it was going to be a mockery of the subject. Thanks.
    Matt
    Fear is simply a consequence of a lack of information.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Matt P For This Post:

betoobig (1st November 2016), BMJ (1st November 2016), Ewan (1st November 2016), Nasu (1st November 2016), Sunny-side-up (1st November 2016)

18. Link to Post #10
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,614 times in 5,382 posts

This subject bothers me because it is the epitome of the insult of living in a world of deceit and lies.

I would not have believed this even five years ago. Now, well, I'd not even be surprised.

We treat our livestock just the same, so why wouldn't an advanced species treat us as livestock?

This world seems to be a spawning ground for the humanoid species. It is where invaders from other worlds go to get human breeding stock. There are humans plucked out of this crazy reality and transplanted to other realities of horror and hopelessness - just like our livestock experience today.

It is an eye-opener. And they are eyes that first have to be opened in other areas. This topic is impossible to believe otherwise.

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

betoobig (1st November 2016), BMJ (1st November 2016), Foxie Loxie (1st November 2016), kirolak (1st November 2016), Matt P (1st November 2016), Sunny-side-up (1st November 2016)

20. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 56,405 times in 8,339 posts

Quote Posted by helencrump (here)

This was no parody. This was DISCLOSURE!
    I'll have to disagree with that.

I don't watch TV so I'm not up to speed on how bad it's actually got, but from my perspective, if this is disclosure, we are in bigger trouble that I thought.

Perhaps being the first episode, it's meant to be as daft as this to get the daft crowd started at watching the series, maybe. I won't hold my breath though.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

21. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

betoobig (1st November 2016), BMJ (1st November 2016), Ewan (1st November 2016), Foxie Loxie (1st November 2016), Pharos (1st November 2016), Sunny-side-up (1st November 2016), wondering (1st November 2016)

22. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member loc333's Avatar
    Thanks

can someone put up the second episode.....for the old fella...who has a hard time spelling his name..me.. This is how disclosure works a little comedy you have a laugh.. and walla you know as much as anyone here or your on your way.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to loc333 For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (1st November 2016), Sunny-side-up (1st November 2016)

24. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,052 times in 2,398 posts

I watched it through, which was amazing in itself as my instinct was to stop after about 4 minutes. Seems to be extracting the urine out of the whole thing. Even if it got more people watching and clued up on types of alien, shared experiences etc, it will be remembered for all the wrong reasons.

Genuine experiencers will just have even more people ignoring them as nuts. Sorry Helen, I saw it differently to you.

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

BMJ (1st November 2016), Foxie Loxie (1st November 2016), Matt P (1st November 2016), Sunny-side-up (1st November 2016), wondering (1st November 2016)

26. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,123 times in 3,951 posts

A mixture of Yes to every ones reactions to this sitcom as posted.

I can't say if it will do good or bad in the long term. If people just enjoying it as a comedy and get into the main characters role (as portrayed). A new 'Experiencer' trying to come to terms with his sudden turned up side down world, well maybe it might do some good (for some).

It is certainly a funny sitcom.
    The adduction scene where the 3 kinds of alien where bickering was funny, especially as they had simple Earth names and emotions? (Underplaying the seriousness of the subject)

If this is an attempt to change the views of people well we should study this program and learn, get more insight into those that are projecting this show?

Give it a chance, it's out there if we like it or not, so let us observe.
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (1st November 2016), Matt P (1st November 2016), wondering (1st November 2016)

28. Link to Post #15
    United States Avalon Member wondering's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,229 times in 912 posts

I almost couldn't get past the first few minutes...but I watched the entire thing. It is funny, but I can't imagine it being taken seriously enough to educate anyone. It will probably be taken as a spoof and dismissed, IMO.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wondering For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (1st November 2016), Matt P (1st November 2016), Sunny-side-up (1st November 2016)

30. Link to Post #16
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,370 times in 1,011 posts

Hi folks, I'm new to this forum, happy to have found you all.
    I'm working at my computer and decided to watch this.
    I have the same reaction as I have to many things going on in culture - anger and sadness.

How is this not a comedy? I'd love to hear Steven Greer or George Filer or some Mufon rep's opinion about this. The decades of hard work they have put in - cut off at the legs by the enormous ridicule ability of Hollywood...

They actually took care of two birds with one stone - not only ridiculing the UFO topic and those who take it seriously but they threw in an idea that has been voiced by some on alternative media - that those who rule us may not even be human. They name all the presidents that may have been 'reptilians'. Wow... people may not be paying attention to how scripted our culture is but the various Intel agencies sure pay attention to us!!
    So how do a people who supposedly want changes in a society effect this when they are addicted to what that society feeds them? People love Hollywood no matter what crap it spits out or what it is trying to sell us, we love vegging-out, we love our series, shows, movies... We love our Intel!! (I'm including myself for sure Lol.) People will be discussing the actors, the characters, who is cute or not, parts of the screenwriting that could have been improved, etc., they will forget whatever issue there was, if they were cognizant to begin with....

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Helene West For This Post:

BMJ (2nd November 2016), Foxie Loxie (1st November 2016), Matt P (1st November 2016), Sunny-side-up (1st November 2016)

32. Link to Post #17
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,900 times in 15,481 posts

Quote Posted by helencrump (here)
    This was no parody. This was DISCLOSURE!
    [...]
    Hello,

I merged your recently started thread with this pre-existing one

Cheers and welcome to Avalon!
    Last edited by Hervé; 1st November 2016 at 16:44.
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (1st November 2016)

34. Link to Post #18
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

Helene; Good to have you on board! I hope you learn as much as I have in the past year! It is so wonderful to have a group of caring, concerned people who will listen & respond with kindness!

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

BMJ (2nd November 2016), Sunny-side-up (1st November 2016)

36. Link to Post #19
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,123 times in 3,951 posts

Hi Helene West and a big welcome to you.
    The only thing in the vid I really was concerned about was the 'Never mind we will rule them all soon' If you add that subtle little line into the non-awake consciousness it could be a leader to 'False-Flag-Alien-Invasion'. We know the PTW and their occulted ways of doing things, they have to always sneaky say what they are up too 0.o

Was the vid also supporting a split in agender of the reptilians. the one in the craft seemed on a different mission to the reporters two-faced-reptilian-boss! no pun intended

I don't ever see any TV and or Film as harmless any-more, even comedies. All for those who have the right focusing eyes see so much in what I used to think as 'just plain entertainment'
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

37. Link to Post #20
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,370 times in 1,011 posts

Now that someone merged two similar threads and I'm reading the OP's comment that - "By the way, IMDb lists that one of the Executive Producers of the show is David Kissinger, son of Henry Kissinger." - conversation is done for me. Kissinger? whose father regards all outside the ruling class as dumb oxen (don't remember his specific words but they were similarly bad) - his son is producer, hah, hah... wow, if I had read that first I wouldn't have bothered looking at the vid...there is no way anything of value was meant for us....

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by Foxie Loxie (here)
    Helene; Good to have you on board! I hope you learn as much as I have in the past year! It is so wonderful to have a group of caring, concerned people who will listen & respond with kindness!
    Thanks Roxie

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Helene West For This Post:

onawah (20th November 2016), Sunny-side-up (2nd November 2016)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast