+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: World's oldest living person has eaten 3 eggs a day for over 90 years.

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,749 times in 956 posts

Default Re: World's oldest living person has eaten 3 eggs a day for over 90 years.

Hi PurpleLama / TargeT / Anyone who owns Chickens....

Regular birds, in the wild, lay somewhere between 2 and 12 eggs, per brood, depending on the
    species. Why are Chickens laying over 250 per year ?

Do you have to give chickens special 'hormone-enriched' food to get them to lay so many eggs ?

Do ducks and geese also lay so many eggs ?
    How many eggs will a duck lay per year ?

Thanks to anyone who answers these questions.
    Last edited by lucidity; 4th November 2016 at 23:56.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lucidity For This Post:

Kryztian (4th August 2019), TargeT (5th November 2016)

3. Link to Post #22
    England Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,309 times in 897 posts

Default Re: World's oldest living person has eaten 3 eggs a day for over 90 years.

Quote Posted by PurpleLama (here)
    Stop spreading misinformation about chickens, please
    That was Edwina Curry ~ a politician that said that about salmonella ..NOT ME.

also I was just passing on my niece's chicken farm experience's.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sueanne47 For This Post:

TargeT (5th November 2016)

5. Link to Post #23
    Morocco Avalon Member PurpleLama's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,511 times in 3,934 posts

Quote Posted by lucidity (here)

Regular birds, in the wild, lay somewhere between 2 and 12 eggs, per brood, depending on the

Do you have to give chickens special 'hormone-enriched' food to get them to lay so many eggs ?

Do ducks and geese also lay so many eggs ?
    How many eggs will a duck lay per year ?

Thanks to anyone who answers these questions.
    Chickens have been bred to be the best layers over the thousands of years they have been domesticated, no doubt. The species is thought to originate in Asia somewhere, but now live everywhere humans do. As someone was rightly observing, well fed birds will lay the most, and my four white leghorns are my best layers, one and occasionally two per day. Factory birds may be fed some special diet to lay more, I don't know, but they do feed meat birds hormones and such to get them to grow faster. As for ducks and geese, I don't know.
    God bless the Fae
    God bless Me

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PurpleLama For This Post:

Rich (5th November 2016), TargeT (5th November 2016)

7. Link to Post #24
    Germany Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,671 times in 1,614 posts

the world's oldest living "persons" live in the Ural mountains of Russia and live an average of 120 yrs.; I read about this folk yrs. ago (was also a TV documentary about this folk) and supposedly they eat a lot of raw honey, not eggs-

my former Russian co-worker, Yuri, confirmed the existence of this folk; he stated it's common knowledge amongst many Russians-

but according to TV documentary this folk is dieing off because their "youth" have discovered "civilization" and are moving out of their area-

Larry

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cardillac For This Post:

Magnus (17th November 2016)

9. Link to Post #25
    Virgin Islands Avalon Member TargeT's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,712 times in 7,043 posts

(I assume) it's because we take the eggs away from them, they never get to "complete the cycle"

when I let my birds hatch a few, they stop laying eggs because they already have eggs to take care of (I assume).

I don't know anything about other birds.

If you don't mind cracking a few more eggs get a few Silkies, they are bred to be pets.. they are super friendly and like affection (but lay small eggs)

They are also pretty easy to raise. plus... Look at 'em!!!

Definitely my favorite yard bird...
    Last edited by TargeT; 5th November 2016 at 15:17.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Althena (6th November 2016), Kryztian (4th August 2019), Magnus (17th November 2016), Rich (5th November 2016), sandy (6th November 2016), thunder24 (5th November 2016)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks
    Thanked 31,139 times in 3,846 posts

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Bill Ryan (3rd August 2019), Constance (3rd August 2019), Kryztian (4th August 2019)

13. Link to Post #27
    France Avalon Member Deux Corbeaux's Avatar
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,508 times in 404 posts

My parents used to eat at least 3 eggs a day. 2 boiled eggs for breakfast and 1 or 2 as a snack during the day or evening.

They always used real butter and nothing low fat, always full and every day 2 glasses of wine. But never more.
    They didnít use sugar in coffee or tea, or drank anything sweet. However, they did eat quite a lot of fruit.

My dad died 3 years ago when 96 and my mom last year at the age of 94. They have been in good health all their lives and never Iíll. Never took a flu shot. They just took a childrenís aspirine for their blood circulation in the morning for the last 30 years.

I must have good genes......

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Deux Corbeaux For This Post:

Baby Steps (3rd August 2019), Bill Ryan (3rd August 2019), Franny (3rd August 2019), leavesoftrees (5th August 2019), Mike (3rd August 2019), Rich (3rd August 2019), Valerie Villars (3rd August 2019)

15. Link to Post #28
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,631 times in 411 posts

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)

(I assume) it's because we take the eggs away from them, they never get to "complete the cycle"

when I let my birds hatch a few, they stop laying eggs because they already have eggs to take care of (I assume).

I don't know anything about other birds.

If you don't mind cracking a few more eggs get a few Silkies, they are bred to be pets.. they are super friendly and like affection (but lay small eggs)

They are also pretty easy to raise. plus... Look at 'em!!!

Definitely my favorite yard bird...
    Yes, for those who have never experienced it, chickens are very sweet and affectionate when they get to know you.

We used to have those same type of chickens, and a couple other types. They would come and sit on our lap and just loved the attention.

I want to have my own chickens again because as nice as they are to have around, I also enjoy eggs but have a hard time finding good quality eggs.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

East Sun (3rd August 2019), Franny (3rd August 2019), Mike (3rd August 2019), Rich (3rd August 2019), Valerie Villars (3rd August 2019)

17. Link to Post #29
    Thanks
    Thanked 267,398 times in 19,700 posts

Emma Morano died ó of natural causes ó 6 months after the opening post of the thread, aged 117 years and 137 days.

See these other fascinating threads:
    BUT!

For extreme longevity (and he didn't eat eggs), here's Li Ching-Yuen, who died in 1933 aged 256: that's two hundred and fifty-six.

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

avid (3rd August 2019), boja (4th August 2019), Constance (3rd August 2019), Deux Corbeaux (3rd August 2019), Franny (3rd August 2019), Kryztian (4th August 2019), Mike (3rd August 2019), Yoda (4th August 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2