+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tax on sunlight

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks

Default Tax on sunlight

I read that somewhere in the world a government is going to tax sunlight. Is this true? I am nervous that Canada might try this. I was thinking about buying some solar panels which I learn are not as green as we are told. Anyway, I am stalling as batteries improve.

I also learned that B.C. Hydro insists one have a Dumb meter if one is going to use solar panels. I don't care whether I feed power back into the grid or not so why do I have to worry about my meter? I do not want a Dumb meter. Does one have to put the excess power into the grid?
    Thanks.

2. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,705 times in 8,941 posts

Default Re: Tax on sunlight

With the amount of sun we have in Canada, that would probably be the lighter tax we ever had (kidding)

I don't see how they could tax the sun truly, unless the rest of the year is plainly chemtrails completely. Or unless they tax those using alternative energy source, this could be in the vision of greedy power hungry sickos.

Quote Posted by Gillian (here)
    I read that somewhere in the world a government is going to tax sunlight. Is this true? I am nervous that Canada might try this. I was thinking about buying some solar panels which I learn are not as green as we are told. Anyway, I am stalling as batteries improve.

I also learned that B.C. Hydro insists one have a Dumb meter if one is going to use solar panels. I don't care whether I feed power back into the grid or not so why do I have to worry about my meter? I do not want a Dumb meter. Does one have to put the excess power into the grid?
    Thanks.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Art (8th November 2016), Gillian (11th November 2016)

4. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,035 times in 786 posts

Anything "can" be "taxed"

For solar power they could simply state that any power generated is counted as an unit of income...just as any crop raised, wage earned, item produced can be taxed. Would they do this? I tend to think it would be taxed as a provincial/municipal effort as that is who owns power generation and distribution systems...well before the Federal government would be very interested. They don't currently count vegetable gardens as income...unless one tries to sell the produce and the crux of the situation is that a meter may mean you would be "selling" power back to the utility company during off peak times...

In Ontario they just keep raising prices on Electricity even though our usage is down dramatically...so tax on sunlight may be a non issue for quite some time especially when cap and trade goes online

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CurEus For This Post:

Flash (8th November 2016), Gillian (11th November 2016)

6. Link to Post #4
    Canada Avalon Member Fellow Aspirant's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,595 times in 1,002 posts

Putting power back into the grid would be a voluntary action. Those who do so are selling their excess electricity to the province's system, thus reducing their own bills. If you have a way of storing your electricity for your own later use, you could probably go off grid. Otherwise, selling what you can't immediately use makes good sense.

Brian
    A human being is a part of the whole, called by us "Universe," a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separate from the rest—a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.

Albert E.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fellow Aspirant For This Post:

Gillian (11th November 2016), Lifebringer (8th November 2016)

8. Link to Post #5
    Ireland Avalon Member
    Thanks

I believe they did this in Spain. You'll have to dig up some links. I might try later...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to LoneWolf76 For This Post:

Gillian (11th November 2016)

10. Link to Post #6
    UK Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,532 times in 591 posts

Well it sounds ridiculous at first but if they stopped using fossil fuels completely, and found a way instead to use solar energy, then I think in that instance a sunlight tax would be acceptable. Only then.

11. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,784 times in 3,539 posts

Keshe energy looping will become the wave. That and magnetic turbine looping. Gonna be great. Also you tube search cylindrical wind power generation and TESLA wall looping units.(they install.) Green to our ears for those who have an ear for investment in our future. The "private energy" monopoly isn't part of that future.
    Every cave() w/it's own energy source to "ensure" power when their raggedy pollution products collapse from common man's sense.
    Last edited by Lifebringer; 8th November 2016 at 12:03.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

Gillian (11th November 2016)

13. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,697 times in 640 posts

The Sun tax in Spain did exist. But now it has been abolished. A bloody sad day for humanity when they passed that Bill. All the Big Parties in Spain have members who sit on the boards of the energy companies.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sunwings For This Post:

Cara (9th November 2016), Gillian (11th November 2016)

+ Reply to Thread