+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 11 LastLast

Thread: Done & Sworn in: 45th US president Donald Trump: The Sequels...

1. Link to Post #21
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,851 times in 21,553 posts

Default Re: Done & Sworn in: 45th US president Donald Trump: The Sequels...

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    Quote Posted by Carmody (here)
    The group that just lost the public face of power in the USA, has a history of killing when they don't get their way, so this means the threat level is not lower today.

Seething in the backdrop... is a thing..... that makes the threat level higher than yesterday.
    Are you saying that there might be huge terrorist attack for example, or a start of a war somewhere effecting USA land itself, which would have Obama declare state of emergency and eventually a war state (military control of the country) therefore having him remain on the throne for much longer? And Trump would pass as a president? Is that ever possible in the USA to do this once someone is elected (genuine question from a foreigner which is me)?
    Personally, I think that the risk of such killings or attacks is lowered, except as part of the Sturm und Drang (turmoil; ferment), like a kettle drum sound effect in a movie, increasing the dramatic tension, building up to the next major dramatic climax, a major economic and monetary collapse.

Major, 9/11 sized, terrorist or false flag events can only happen if the elite at the pinnacle of power on the planet want them to happen. The public facing gangsters, such as the Bush's and the Clinton's, are powerless to effect what their controllers do not want them to effect.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

avid (9th November 2016), Bill Ryan (9th November 2016), Carmody (9th November 2016), Flash (9th November 2016), Foxie Loxie (9th November 2016), Hervé (9th November 2016), seko (9th November 2016), Sophocles (9th November 2016), TargeT (9th November 2016)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

Quote Posted by Rhah (here)
    I admit that you certainly have a good point there, TargeT. Thank you. Perhaps I should've used 'incompetent politician' instead.
    Though it's unmistakably true (the way I see it, anyway) that for the past several years the media certainly hasn't portrayed him as a bright, brilliant and intelligent man. Rather the opposite in most cases. And since the vast majority of people don't do research, they have only the information the media feeds them to go by.
    So, as a result, I get the impression that many (unfortunately) don't see the man as you just described him. And, admittedly, neither did I, so thank you for showing me that side of the coin You have relieved me of my despair, albeit just a bit.
    Unfortunately the main source of the majority of peoples knowledge on topics like this comes from "a tainted well".

Our media is controlled by 5 or 6 companies (less now maybe?) And they have over the years developed clear and obvious biases; this election cycle was exceptional in the display of bias by these few companies.

This is the main voice heard out side of the US (I am assuming your out side) and even the most popular counter voices (I'd say ZeroHedge & Drudgerport.com are at the top for that currently) are still relatively unknown. It's hard to even desire to seek other information when you are presented it in the manor that modern media deploys.

We in the US are just starting to question the media (or maybe, HEAVILY questioning as we can see from this Trump voting turn out) I don't know if the rest of the world takes what our media says as truth or questions it... but I assume they take it as truth.

This election cycle has shown it's it's best to question what our media says, or just quit listening (that's what I did).

That, at least, is a positive out come from this whole fiasco.

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    The American "people" have not won ... they are being guided by this ongoing drama to accept, even welcome, America's new role, as a resource rich third world colony and former great empire, participating on a relatively level playing field with other major nations in a new world order. It will be a multi-polar world, overseen by "NGO's" (non-governmental organizations) such as the United Nations, the Bank of International Settlements (BIS), and the International Monetary Fund (IMF). It will be a multi-polar "new world order" with German, or Russian, or Chinese, or American, or French, or Indian, or ... "flavorings".
    I see less doom and gloom, we have too much kinetic economic energy, I think we will go the way of England, we won't be third world, we'll still be "up there" just not the top dog anymore... maybe not even close to the top dog.

But LA isn't going to turn into Rowanda.

Silicone valley won't disappear over night.

Yes, we will have to struggle a bit more for what used to come easily to us, but it we won't be eating dirt pies or anything.
    Last edited by TargeT; 9th November 2016 at 18:26.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Bob (9th November 2016), Chester (24th February 2017), Ernie Nemeth (9th November 2016), Flash (9th November 2016), Foxie Loxie (9th November 2016), gord (11th November 2016), Hervé (9th November 2016), Matthew (9th November 2016), seko (9th November 2016), Sophocles (9th November 2016), ThePythonicCow (9th November 2016), Wind (10th November 2016)

5. Link to Post #23
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,902 times in 15,481 posts

Congratulations not celebrations: Countries who slammed Trump send best wishes

Published time: 9 Nov, 2016 15:13
    Edited time: 9 Nov, 2016 15:17
    Get short URL

Several world leaders who previously criticized Trump are now congratulating him. © Andrew Kelly / Reuters

Leaders around the world who previously spoke out against Donald Trump now face the unenviable task of swallowing their pride and issuing grudging congratulations to the president-elect to ensure continuing good relations with the US.

"I consider Donald Trump a man who invests a lot in a policy of fear," Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi said back in April. Today Renzi, who openly supported Hillary Clinton, congratulated Trump on his victory. Speaking in Rome he said "I wish him well. The Italo-American friendship is solid," according to Reuters.

Argentina’s Foreign Minister Susana Malcorra commented only days ago that Trump represented a "more closed, isolationist and xenophobic" model in his agenda.

These tough remarks were all but forgotten today when she congratulated Trump in a tweet reading, "Congratulations Donald Trump on being elected as the new president of the United States. The north American people have spoken at the polls. Congratulations to democracy and its institutions.”

In a possible last jab at Trump, Malcorra added another tweet congratulating Clinton, describing her as a “capable woman not being chosen to fulfill such an important responsibility.”

Ireland’s premier, Enda Kenny, may have some explaining to do when he makes his annual St Patrick’s Day visit to the White House next year. In June, when Trump was due to visit Ireland, Kenny claimed he would be “very happy” to meet the presidential candidates to outline why his views are considered racist.

Following Trump’s victory Kenny sent his congratulations to Trump. "I look forward to working with the new administration in the time ahead in the cause of international peace and security.” he said.

Ireland is a haven for major US companies including Google and Apple who avail of its low corporate tax rate. Kenny is sure to push to maintain this relationship, even managing to mention Vice-President-elect Mike Pence’s Irish heritage in his statement to Trump, describing him as “a proud Irish-American who spent many summers in Ireland as a child".

German leader Angela Merkel may not have publically expressed her thoughts on Trump, but given that he accused her of “ruining Germany” we can only imagine how hard it was for her to pen today’s congratulatory words.

“I offer the future president of the United States, Donald Trump, close cooperation.” she said in a statement.

French President François Hollande has shown disgust for Trump before. Earlier this year he said his “excesses end up making you feel like you want to retch,” in the wake of Trump’s comments about the family of Hamayun Khan, a decorated Muslim-American soldier who died in the line of duty. Today Hollande warned that his victory “now opens a period of uncertainty.”

The French ambassador to the US, Gerard Araud, reacted more strongly to news of Trump's electoral victory by tweeting that "a world is collapsing before our eyes". The post was later deleted.

Mexican president Enrique Peña Nieto tweeted congratulations to the US on it’s decision, adding “Hope that Mexico and United States continue to tighten its ties of cooperation and mutual respect.”

Related:‘Congratulations’ vs ‘shock’: World leaders & politicians react to US election result

============================================

Note: Hollande is at a short arm-length of being impeached and indicted for careless leaks of classified materials to the press... birds of a feather with Hillary, I guess...
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

6. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

avid (9th November 2016), Baby Steps (9th November 2016), Carmody (9th November 2016), Chester (24th February 2017), Flash (9th November 2016), Foxie Loxie (9th November 2016), Innocent Warrior (10th November 2016), seko (9th November 2016), Sir Eltor (10th November 2016), Sophocles (9th November 2016), TargeT (9th November 2016), ThePythonicCow (9th November 2016), TrumanCash (10th November 2016), vmk22 (9th November 2016)

7. Link to Post #24
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    I see less doom and gloom, we have too much kinetic economic energy, I think we will go the way of England, we won't be third world, we'll still be "up there" just not the top dog anymore... maybe not even close to the top dog.

Yes, we will have to struggle a bit more for what used to come easily to us, but it we won't be eating dirt pies or anything.
    True - after a while. My "third world" phrase was over stating the case, though for what remains of the American middle class, it might not feel like much of an over statement.

Presently the US has a half-trillion dollar a year trade deficit, importing real goods, but paying for them with money the US "prints" (lends into existence, even though the US is no longer credit-worthy.)

Presently the US has made outstanding promises to pay on the order of a hundred trillion dollars of pensions, benefits, and debt service, even though the US lacks the legitimate income stream to make those payments.

In recent years, the US's major income streams have been
    • stolen gold from military invasions,
    • stolen oil profits from Saudi earnings "invested" in Treasury debt they will never see again,
    • the exceptional privilege of being the primary issuers of the currency needed to repay the lion's share of world debt,
    • arms and military sales, and
    • profits from being the world's top Drug Lord.
    The US no longer has any legitimate business that earn's honest money in the world's markets, that is in any way proportional to what the US spends in the world's markets.

First the US will be "privatized" (their land, resources, businesses, infrastructure, ...) sold off to corporate agents of the top dogs of the next new world order. This is the usual way in which nations are "repossessed" when they fail financially, as happens in debt-money systems.

The US will have build up, or rebuild, American manufacturing and agriculture and mining. The US will have to reduce their dependency on imports, so that they can once again export in value equal to what they import. It will be a long and difficult road to travel.

8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

avid (9th November 2016), Flash (9th November 2016), Foxie Loxie (9th November 2016), Hervé (9th November 2016), Innocent Warrior (10th November 2016), meat suit (9th November 2016), Sierra (9th November 2016), Sophocles (9th November 2016), sunpaw (9th November 2016), TargeT (9th November 2016), TouchTone (3rd January 2017), vmk22 (9th November 2016)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks

First the US will be "privatized" (their land, resources, businesses, infrastructure, ...) sold off to corporate agents of the top dogs of the next new world order. This is the usual way in which nations are "repossessed" when they fail financially, as happens in debt-money systems.

The US will have build up, or rebuild, American manufacturing and agriculture and mining. The US will have to reduce their dependency on imports, so that they can once again export in value equal to what they import. It will be a long and difficult road to travel.
    In my wild dreams Trump nationalities the fed, forgives the debt owed to ourselves & continues to collect the debt owed to it by other countries. This one action basically makes the US solvent again.

I never thought he'd get elected, so who knows?

Baring that:

The us is resource rich beyond the average citizens common understanding... if we start to exploit that first, then manufacturing can be coaxed back... if the right person is at at the steering wheel we can turn this sideways and avoid a head on collision.

Is Trump the right guy? I don't think so, but again, I didn't think he'd get elected either.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

avid (9th November 2016), Chester (24th February 2017), Flash (9th November 2016), Foxie Loxie (9th November 2016), Hervé (9th November 2016), Innocent Warrior (10th November 2016), meat suit (9th November 2016), Smell the Roses (9th November 2016), sunpaw (9th November 2016), ThePythonicCow (9th November 2016), TouchTone (3rd January 2017), TrumanCash (9th November 2016)

11. Link to Post #26
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Americans will also learn, the hard way, what "austerity" feels like.

When financially failed nations are "repossessed", their national social and infrastructure budgets are cut way back, and whatever they can still manufacture, mine or grow is largely exported.

Medical benefits will be trimmed back (as part of repealing Obamacare). Social security, Medicare, and Medicaid benefits will be trimmed back. Food stamps (used by almost half the nation now to pay for food) will be trimmed back.

The nation's resources will be focused on repaying debt ... the holder's of a nation's senior debt have standing over the citizens of that nation in the "court of interntional banking law."

"Austerity" is a bitch, and more than a few people elsewhere in the world will be unable to hide their glee at seeing Americans finally get their comeuppance.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

The us is resource rich beyond the average citizens common understanding
    Indeed ... though the average US citizen does not, and will not, have claim to most of that wealth.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

avid (9th November 2016), Ernie Nemeth (9th November 2016), Foxie Loxie (9th November 2016), Hervé (9th November 2016), Sierra (9th November 2016), sunpaw (9th November 2016), vmk22 (9th November 2016)

13. Link to Post #27
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,089 times in 2,402 posts

Trump is an intelligent man. At least 25, probably 35 IQ points beyond "The Chimp of 2000".
    I think you have to first define what intelligence means. I personally found that IQ was no measure of intelligence as some of the members of Mensa I encountered were so far up themselves they were closer to stupid.

14. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

avid (9th November 2016), Bob (9th November 2016), Carmody (9th November 2016), Flash (9th November 2016), Foxie Loxie (9th November 2016), Hervé (9th November 2016), Holly Lindin (10th November 2016), Innocent Warrior (10th November 2016), norman (9th November 2016), Sierra (9th November 2016), TouchTone (3rd January 2017), TrumanCash (10th November 2016), Wind (10th November 2016)

15. Link to Post #28
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,321 times in 10,234 posts

To express it in the vernacular, the USA has a literal sh!t-ton of blocked and unreleased technologies that can be brought to the fore, to re-establish a solid presence at any table setting of power and it's projection.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

16. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

angelfire (9th November 2016), avid (9th November 2016), Bob (9th November 2016), Ewan (9th November 2016), Flash (9th November 2016), Foxie Loxie (9th November 2016), Hervé (9th November 2016), JRS (12th November 2016), Sierra (9th November 2016), TargeT (9th November 2016), ThePythonicCow (9th November 2016), witchy1 (9th November 2016)

17. Link to Post #29
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,308 times in 437 posts

18. Link to Post #30
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,321 times in 10,234 posts

Quote Posted by Ewan (here)
    Trump is an intelligent man. At least 25, probably 35 IQ points beyond "The Chimp of 2000".
    I think you have to first define what intelligence means. I personally found that IQ was no measure of intelligence as some of the members of Mensa I encountered were so far up themselves they were closer to stupid.
    He's cagey and layers and games his commentary. He's well aware of the projection and interpretation of every word that comes out of his mouth. That much is obvious. His fortune is built out of this sort of knowledge and capacity. When I look at him speak, I see a layered game which he has purposely held fluid and Janus faced for the purpose of controlling those to seek to manipulate his position - from their possessing a state of certainty about his.

This is business at the bargaining table ....where a single misplaced look can change everything.

June 14th. He's a Gemini, the twins. There will always be two faces. He's not holding one hand, he's always holding two.
    Last edited by Carmody; 9th November 2016 at 19:44.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

19. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

angelfire (9th November 2016), avid (9th November 2016), Bob (9th November 2016), Ernie Nemeth (9th November 2016), Ewan (9th November 2016), Flash (9th November 2016), Foxie Loxie (9th November 2016), Hervé (9th November 2016), JRS (14th November 2016), Matthew (10th November 2016), Sierra (9th November 2016), ThePythonicCow (9th November 2016)

20. Link to Post #31
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,293 times in 6,140 posts

Quote Bob: I HIGHLY recommend watching Trump's expression, style of communications, how he holds himself, and take pictures.. record the before and 'after' when he gets the 'rest' of the data, the 'rules'. One should be able to then successfully document and track what is going on by 'knowing' the man's spirit.
    from: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1112318

21. Link to Post #32
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,264 times in 1,414 posts

An economics graduate student whom I shared a taxi with once, said that the American economy can produce more wealth from one investment dollar than anywhere else in the world, by a considerable margin. If given half a chance the US will rebound quickly and strongly to its current dilemma. The middle and lower classes have not been allowed to properly retool from the impact of these unfair trade deals, as per K. Austin-Fitts. The Americans faced a similar crisis in the 80's witht he 87 crash, in the 90's with trade deficits and the 2000's with 911 and the 08 financial crisis.

I dont know whether trump will be a good president, but if he keeps his word on re-drawing the trade scene to give american small business a more competitive footing, and closes most of the foreign military bases, the US economy could recover enough to avoid insolvency. If he really wants to solve the financial crisis he'll have to disband the fed. Also, they would have to stop any major terrorist attacks (which only thrive with inside help) and not foment any overseas conflicts. Then, if he's a really perceptive president he'll begin repealing most of the blackops classified protocols to reveal hi tech that would really jump start the economy.

i wouldnt expect the most optimistic scenarios to emerge, but then i didnt expect trump to win either. Just dont underestimate the americans' ability to recover if given the opportunity. They have successfully done it before.

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Justplain For This Post:

avid (9th November 2016), Ewan (9th November 2016), Foxie Loxie (9th November 2016), Hervé (9th November 2016), Innocent Warrior (10th November 2016), LivioRazlo (10th November 2016), Sierra (9th November 2016), ThePythonicCow (9th November 2016)

23. Link to Post #33
    United States Avalon Member Smell the Roses's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,663 times in 285 posts

Target, I am like you and didn't really think Trump would get elected. At first I thought he must have cut a deal with the Clintons to go up as a patsy and secure her win. Then after it became clear he was serious and after I saw the YouTube video by "Patrick Henry" with a compilation of Trump's serious ideas since the early eighties, I came to believe that in some ways he really does see the need for radical change. I didn't vote for many reasons. I have withdrawn from civic discourse for so long and haven't even been to this forum for three years. I am surprisingly encouraged by the results in that the Clintons lost and some people are being forced to reexamine reality. It remains to be seen how it will pan out. I am sure the shadow government didn't want this result.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Smell the Roses For This Post:

avid (9th November 2016), Ewan (9th November 2016), Foxie Loxie (9th November 2016), Hervé (9th November 2016), Innocent Warrior (10th November 2016), ThePythonicCow (9th November 2016)

25. Link to Post #34
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,308 times in 437 posts

Quote Posted by Matina (here)
    The rest of the planet is socked by the fact that a person like Trump is the president of one of the most powerful countries.Scary!I think presidents are decorative but my only hope is he is stupid enough to reveal some of the things that are going on behind the scenes.I'm glad that Clinton didn't make it and sad to see Trump in the white house.They both suck in their own unique ways.I don't see him last long
    Most of the outside world's media predicted a Killary win. This shows how vast and deep the PTB propaganda machine works. One thing that you can be sure of is that ANY news agency that you get your information from which predicted a Killary win is NOT to be trusted since their source of information is fed to them by PTB. (How much of our views and conclusions are dictated by the media without us realizing it)

Regardless if Trump is just a pawn, or is a white hat now, etc...

DRAIN THE SWAMP!

Last edited by OMG; 9th November 2016 at 20:03.

26. Link to Post #35
    Language
    English
    Thanks

To express it in the vernacular, the USA has a literal sh!t-ton of blocked and unreleased technologies that can be brought to the fore, to re-establish a solid presence at any table setting of power and it's projection.
    Whether or not and to what extent such presence acrues to the average American ... remains to be seen and remains in doubt .

27. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

avid (9th November 2016), Carmody (9th November 2016), Ewan (9th November 2016), Foxie Loxie (9th November 2016), Hervé (9th November 2016), Innocent Warrior (10th November 2016), Sierra (9th November 2016), Smell the Roses (9th November 2016)

28. Link to Post #36
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,853 times in 448 posts

The enemy of your enemy is not automatically your friend.

Especially when jumping to the polar opposite extreme of whatever's the trouble.

You oppose extrajudicial assassinations via drone strikes, you oppose torture under Bush and Obama, you oppose the pointless wars, you say you want to preserve the world for future generations, you proclaim a love of truth.

Then you turn around and cheer for the guy who wants to instate the most painful torture methods possible, who wants to increase the size of already the largest military in the world, who uses self-created factions like ISIL to sow fear and provide justification for more bloodshed, who gives two ****s about cultivating the environment that sustains us, who will have in his cabinet some of the same people you claimed to despise, who makes up on the spot anything that will please the fantasies of his followers, who encourages bullying and violence.

You salivate over any Clinton dirt, but look the other way when similar connections are made to Trump. After all, they've been in many of the same circles together. But if it's the one you agree with, it must just be the baddies trying to tarnish your shining star. Not worth any investigation. You don't care about any lies and inconsistencies that make you feel good.

So much talk about narcissists and sociopaths, yet you don't recognize them when they pander to you.

I didn't want Clinton either, but at least there were sane voices within the party, activists and leaders who were more than willing to oppose and hamstring any dangerous actions from her every step of the way. As far as I can see, Trump's supporters just want an unquestionable mob boss for president.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe Clinton would have had worse consequences. It's still dismaying to see the hypocrisy in the zeal for either one of them.

There is much more I'd like to say, but too exhausted.

29. Link to Post #37
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

It amazes me how people voted for Trump were "anti-establishment" and "anti-politician" yet WHEN Trump is removed from office (however that may be) what will the Trump supporters be left with? Pence - a Politician who is an extreme elitist. Great job. Nothings been accomplished.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to VirgoSun79 For This Post:

AutumnW (9th November 2016)

31. Link to Post #38
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Gekko (here)
    . As far as I can see, Trump's supporters just want an unquestionable mob boss for president.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe Clinton would have had worse consequences. It's still dismaying to see the hypocrisy in the zeal for either one of them.

There is much more I'd like to say, but too exhausted.
    The only violence we saw at all this election cycle was from hillary supporters.

Even the media thought they had this in the bag while hte bulk of america's more rational people quietly supported trump.

You have a very polarized view here... Trump said he supported water boarding, but if you think that is the most painful torture method possible.. uh, there's actually zero pain involved in that; it's a panic leverage. so.. ?

I think we need to wait and see what actually happens, campaign rhetoric has never really reflected reality.

I doubt anyone knows whats really coming at this point, and that is why I am satisfied with this election, I'd rather have the unknown than the known at this point.
    Where are you?

32. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

avid (9th November 2016), Foxie Loxie (9th November 2016), Hervé (9th November 2016), Innocent Warrior (10th November 2016), Nan (9th November 2016), PurpleLama (10th November 2016), Ron Mauer Sr (9th November 2016), Wind (10th November 2016)

33. Link to Post #39
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Ron passed in October 2022.
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,265 times in 2,136 posts

My feeling was relief, for whatever that is worth.
    The financial problems will not change but we may have avoided some of the tyranny.
    And we probably have avoided WWIII.

Name:  Almost had it.png
Views: 56
Size:  247.0 KB
    Last edited by Ron Mauer Sr; 9th November 2016 at 20:46.

34. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

AutumnW (9th November 2016), Foxie Loxie (9th November 2016), Hervé (9th November 2016), Holly Lindin (10th November 2016), Innocent Warrior (10th November 2016), Justplain (9th November 2016), Sir Eltor (10th November 2016), TargeT (9th November 2016), TouchTone (3rd January 2017), Wind (10th November 2016)

35. Link to Post #40
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Sierra passed in April 2021.
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,462 times in 5,424 posts

Quote Posted by Justplain (here)
    An economics graduate student whom I shared a taxi with once, said that the American economy can produce more wealth from one investment dollar than anywhere else in the world, by a considerable margin. If given half a chance the US will rebound quickly and strongly to its current dilemma. The middle and lower classes have not been allowed to properly retool from the impact of these unfair trade deals, as per K. Austin-Fitts. The Americans faced a similar crisis in the 80's witht he 87 crash, in the 90's with trade deficits and the 2000's with 911 and the 08 financial crisis.

I dont know whether trump will be a good president, but if he keeps his word on re-drawing the trade scene to give american small business a more competitive footing, and closes most of the foreign military bases, the US economy could recover enough to avoid insolvency. If he really wants to solve the financial crisis he'll have to disband the fed. Also, they would have to stop any major terrorist attacks (which only thrive with inside help) and not foment any overseas conflicts. Then, if he's a really perceptive president he'll begin repealing most of the blackops classified protocols to reveal hi tech that would really jump start the economy.

i wouldnt expect the most optimistic scenarios to emerge, but then i didnt expect trump to win either. Just dont underestimate the americans' ability to recover if given the opportunity. They have successfully done it before.
    I will be utterly shocked if US military bases on foreign soil are closed...

36. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sierra For This Post:

AutumnW (9th November 2016), Ewan (9th November 2016), Foxie Loxie (9th November 2016), Hervé (9th November 2016), Innocent Warrior (10th November 2016), Justplain (9th November 2016), Ron Mauer Sr (9th November 2016)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 11 LastLast