+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Genetics and Vegetarianism

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks

Default Genetics and Vegetarianism

I did a search for this topic and found nothing so if I am being repetitive, my apologies.

Why, when humans were genetically modified, were so many mistakes made to our biology? In other words, I have been given a body that is mostly designed to be vegetarian, but it has huge B12 issues if vegetarian for too long. Also, methionine becomes a problem and a few other elements if not supplied in the diet.

I was raised vegetarian by Theosophical / Unitarian parents. My father managed a large vegetable garden on top of his forty-hour-a-week job. My mother, who was trained at Eastbourne School of Domestic Science (Ranee's) and honed her skills cooking vegetarian meals at St. Christopher's School in Letchworth, turned the produce into delicious sides along with her homemade whole wheat bread, for her nut roasts, rissoles, cheesy Yorkshire Pudding, crumbed and fried tofu, and what I thought yucky, Loma Linda products and vegelona. I loved vegelinks.

In my early adult years, I was diagnosed with severe B12 deficiency and learned that the only way to correct it was with a supplement extracted from beef. I stalled on this until after back-to-back influenzas ending with a fairly serious bout of pneumonia that took me over a year to recover from, I decided that I was going to have to cease being vegetarian.

I am now trending back to the vegetarian lifestyle, but worry about B12 deficiency. If being vegetarian is so beneficial to the spiritual life, it is annoying / frustrating / puzzling that the races that prodded our evolution with genetic manipulation, didn't do a better job.

A friend who recently wrote a very readable book about his spiritual journey, told in its pages of a man who is able with mental focus to imbue water with everything his body needs. I am wondering if I can make myself believe that the spinach/kale shakes that I drink three times a day, sometimes with the addition of a beetroot, sometimes with a large pinch of broccoli sprouts that I grow in my kitchen, have all the nutrients in them that my body needs. Has anybody else had success with this method of feeding their body?
    Last edited by Gillian; 9th November 2016 at 21:18.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gillian For This Post:

Akasha (9th November 2016), BMJ (5th December 2016), onawah (9th November 2016)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,684 times in 8,938 posts

Default Re: Genetics and Vegetarianism

Primates in nature are omnivorous(chimps and all).
    All primates eat meat at times. I bet it is nature's way to tell us that primate's body (not only humans) needs proteins from animal sources (from sea food to fish to red meat). In America and Canada, we just eat too much of it.
    As for spiritual evolution, I have been told you can create anything you need when advanced enough, which is in fact very advanced. I am not there yet.
    so I stopped arguing with nature. My body is from this planet, and this planet has vegetarians mammals, omnivorous ones and carnivorous one. I fall in the omnivorous category.

In other words, supplement with vitamin B12 at all time if you get deficient. And check for intestinal parasites, lots of them consume huge amount of vitamin B12 and therefore make their host deficient.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

BMJ (5th December 2016), Cara (10th November 2016), Gillian (9th November 2016)

5. Link to Post #3
    Great Britain Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,391 times in 1,757 posts

Plus and minus you are still ahead of the flesh eaters- turn to the soil dairy and the sea is my gut feeling. However this chap is great with answers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uscfirFx894

6. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,123 times in 1,385 posts

Quote Posted by Gillian (here)
    I did a search for this topic and found nothing so if I am being repetitive, my apologies.

Why, when humans were genetically modified, were so many mistakes made to our biology? In other words, I have been given a body that is mostly designed to be vegetarian, but it has huge B12 issues if vegetarian for too long. Also, methionene becomes a problem and a few other elements if not supplied in the diet.

I was raised vegetarian by Theosophical / Unitarian parents. My father managed a large vegetable garden on top of his forty-hour-a-week job. My mother, who was trained at Eastbourne School of Domestic Science (Ranee's) and honed her skills cooking vegetarian meals at St. Christopher's School in Letchworth, turned the produce into delicious sides along with her homemade whole wheat bread, for her nut roasts, rissoles, cheesy Yorkshire Pudding, crumbed and fried tofu, and what I thought yucky, Loma Linda products and vegelona. I loved vegelinks.

In my early adult years, I was diagnosed with severe B12 deficiency and learned that the only way to correct it was with a supplement extracted from beef. I stalled on this until after back-to-back influenzas ending with a fairly serious bout of pneumonia that took me over a year to recover from, I decided that I was going to have to cease being vegetarian.

I am now trending back to the vegetarian lifestyle, but worry about B12 deficiency. If being vegetarian is so beneficial to the spiritual life, it is annoying / frustrating / puzzling that the races that prodded our evolution with genetic manipulation, didn't do a better job.

A friend who recently wrote a very readable book about his spiritual journey, told in its pages of a man who is able with mental focus to imbue water with everything his body needs. I am wondering if I can make myself believe that the spinach/kale shakes that I drink three times a day, sometimes with the addition of a beetroot, sometimes with a large pinch of broccoli sprouts that I grow in my kitchen, have all the nutrients in them that my body needs. Has anybody else had success with this method of feeding their body?
    Here’s a few videos on the subject of B12 from the author of the new best-selling book on nutrition “How Not To Die”, Dr. Michael Greger. MD:

He’s also put up a couple of videos on methionine:

Hope they are of some use.
    the greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated --- Gandhi

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Akasha For This Post:

BMJ (5th December 2016), Gillian (9th November 2016)

8. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

However this chap is great with answers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uscfirFx894[/QUOTE]

I have been doing Dr. Berg's adrenal programme for awhile and have covered all his requirements for improving stomach acidity. I do take two sublingual B12 tablets every day and hope that will be enough. Pernicious anemia was no fun. I still eat eggs and cheese and use a little organic cream and milk. I do not get along well with pasteurized milk as it causes phlegm. Raw milk is fine, but I cannot get it up here. It was available, for awhile, from nearby and I used to go and milk a cow in exchange for the milk. My sister lives close to the U.S. border and she pops over it every so often and brings back raw milk.

When I was first diagnosed with pernicious anemia, it was not possible to get B12 that was not an animal extract. It seemed philosophically wrong to be vegetarian and have to support that choice with a beef product so I became omnivorous. Chicken causes me four-day migraines so I don't eat it and have to be content with beef, the reasoning is that both meats are available raised hormone and everything free and free range or grass fed. Lamb isn't touted as either, but I get along better with lamb than beef so was having it occasionally. I am nervous about fish since Fukushima and cannot get a good handle on whether it is safe to eat or not. I know people who will not eat salmon from the Atlantic. My fish usually comes from the Pacific and I avoid anything canned as it is usually canned in Asia.

I take kelp supplements every day and use sea salt and who knows what they are contaminated with?

A lot of the good people who are involved in the sorts of agenda we talk about in this community are recommending vegetarian diets and I think I should try it again and want to know if they are getting away with it and remaining in good energetic health.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Gillian For This Post:

BMJ (5th December 2016)

10. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

I watched every video. Thank you. I will up the B12 and continue on the vegetarian path and if my body suddenly craves meat, I will cook a hormone free grass fed steak or lamb chop.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Gillian For This Post:

BMJ (5th December 2016)

12. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

I am still curious as to why humans were engineered like this. Every animal I deal with gets everything it needs from its natural diet. If humans have a basically vegetarian body, why is lack of B12 a problem? We should have been given bodies that don't need B12 or teeth and stomachs that are designed to eat meat. Cats have problems with taurine which they don't manufacture in their bodies, but if they eat a mouse, problem solved.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gillian For This Post:

BMJ (5th December 2016), Holly Lindin (12th November 2016)

14. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 115,973 times in 20,621 posts

I think part of the problem is how contaminated the environment is now.
    I doubt it is understood the far ranging consequences of that for all living things.
    See:
    http://drsircus.com/medicine/poison/...30ce4-10646942
    People are living with such high levels of stress, and B vitamins are burned up quickly by stress.
    I've been a live foods vegan (which was a great cleansing diet), a vegetarian, and I have been a lacto vegetarian for a couple of years now but I've been experiencing so much joint pain this year that I've just started buying pasture fed GMO free chicken again which I will eat and use to make bone broth.
    See: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...-benefits.aspx
    I take B12, astaxanthin and glucosamine chondroitin daily, but I don't think it's enough anymore. I'm hoping the broth will do the trick this winter.
    I choose to be vegetarian for humanitarian reasons as well as health reasons, and to keep my frequency high, but I think one chicken per month might be a good health choice for my aging bones, at least for now, or until I find another way.
    I guess I will know by Spring!
    Last edited by onawah; 9th November 2016 at 22:28.
    Each breath a gift...

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

BMJ (5th December 2016), Gillian (11th November 2016)

16. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,259 times in 1,414 posts

Here is the vegsoc.org definition of vegetarian:

"This is our definition of a vegetarian: Someone who lives on a diet of grains, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables and fruits with, or without, the use of dairy products and eggs. A vegetarian does not eat any meat, poultry, game, fish, shellfish* or by-products of slaughter."

This describes my diet, where i will consume the occasional milk, yogurt and free range eggs. Organic as much as possible. This, combined with weekly day fasts and periodic longer fasts, have brought my bloodpressure well undercontrol. Supplements, including b12, help as well. I feel well with this diet and believe the karmic load is reduced.

It is postulated by Blavatski, in the Secret Doctrine, that spiritual humans have been on earth for sixteen million years. A sasquatch elder has communicated, in The Sasquatch Message to Humanity, that we were created 6 million years ago as a primate hybrid combined with star people dna. The proof of this is that we have a spliced chromosome which reduces our chromosome count to 23 pairs, whereas a primates have 24 pairs. As the tale goes, we were orignally created to be more exposed to the environment, thus be more sensitive, and hopefully more empathetic. Our biological purpose was to help raise the consciousness on mother Earth. Later, rebellious aliens who defied the rule of the local spiritual council, worked against humanity's purpose. These 'fallen angels' further modified our genetics, by stealth, to dumb us down, make us more servile, etc. This is likely where many of the weaknesses in our genetics arise. For instance, a B12 deficiency would cause vegetarians health issues and force the ongoing consumption of animal flesh, with its negative karma.

An earlier spiritual hybrid created on Earth by the Star Elders Council was the Sasquatch, and it has excellent genetics as it is extremely well adapted to even the harshest environments. So it is unlikely that our original hybrid genetics were as flawed as they are now. The genetics flaw are part of the baggage we have to overcome to reach our spiritual destiny.
    Last edited by Justplain; 9th November 2016 at 23:53.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Justplain For This Post:

BMJ (5th December 2016), Gillian (11th November 2016), Holly Lindin (12th November 2016)

18. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,021 times in 294 posts

The below tea (decoction) is a good source of B complex; Sulfur; etc. I use it atleast once aday, I am a vegan and I feel great.

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to boutreality For This Post:

BMJ (5th December 2016), Gillian (11th November 2016), Holly Lindin (12th November 2016), Lettherebelight (10th November 2016), Violet3 (10th November 2016)

20. Link to Post #11
    Great Britain Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,391 times in 1,757 posts

Don't forget yeast extract such as Marmite, which is fortified with vitamin B12, I just drink beer

21. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Thank you and a reasonable reason for why humans are forced to use B12 supplementing to remain vegetarian or eat flesh.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Gillian For This Post:

BMJ (5th December 2016)

+ Reply to Thread