+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: At what point did you realize that nothing will change?

1. Link to Post #21
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,015 times in 2,416 posts

Default Re: At what point did you realize that nothing will change?

On September 11, 2001. But to put a finer point on it, not long after that date, I realized that things were changing for the worse for Mr. and Mrs. Citizen of Spaceship Earth.

Things change. That is an immutable law of nature. The question is, in what direction is the change perceived as headed. Shall change be perceived as for the better or for the worse? That may be regarded by some as a relative question. It may depend on where one perceives himself or herself fitting into the equation. I personally believe many things are known to persons of average intelligence as clearly right and good, or clearly wrong and bad. Far too often people allow their personal agendas to cloud their judgement and convince themselves that what they know to be bad is good. Good (to them) only because it advances their agenda.
    Last edited by Satori; 12th November 2016 at 22:26.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Satori For This Post:

3(C)+me (13th November 2016), Cara (13th November 2016), Dennis Leahy (13th November 2016), quiltinggrandma (13th November 2016), Shannon (13th November 2016), transiten (13th November 2016)

3. Link to Post #22
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,127 times in 560 posts

Bears repeating.
    Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    Every four years we get our hopes up, don't we? Reminds me of the second coming ... always "just around the corner", just wait for it ...

No, we have to change the world, by being what we want the world to be in every thought, every conversation, every action, every word spoken. We must change our views, before the view can change. We all want to believe the problem is "out there" to the point that we don't do anything to change, because we don't realize that the only thing we can really affect is to change ourselves. Once we learn to shake off the old coats of automated emotional response, and triggered judgements, we become individually more effective more "awake", more "enlightened"; with this increased effectivity, we will begin to change the "view" automatically, with the little things in our lives. From there this change will begin to quietly spread; love becomes our driver for choice, and fearful decisions that keep us chained to their wishes dissolves and others' control over us dissolves with that.

The change we seek won't come from any politician, no single person can make this change, however, every single person can; and when politicians see that we have changed, their "styles" will also be forced to change.

The reason why Trump won is because he was seen as "anti-establishment" - a perspective that those who have opened their eyes just a little , can relate to. This subtle change that is required is already occurring, it just needs to continue; Trump capitalized on that, but he won't be the change, he recognized that it is occurring in us and used that knowledge to win an election. The good news is that this all points to the fact that this subtle internal change that needs to occur in the masses before real change can actually occur, is happening.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 3(C)+me For This Post:

DeDukshyn (13th November 2016), quiltinggrandma (13th November 2016), Sierra (14th November 2016), transiten (13th November 2016), wondering (13th November 2016)

5. Link to Post #23
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,592 times in 5,379 posts

The night before the election, I dared say, "It'd be funny if Trump won." My friend went ballistic. And he's Canadian.

Then Trump won. I was shocked. I thought there was no stopping the Neo-cons and their quickening agenda. Yet here we are.

It is important to remember who voted for him? It certainly wasn't only white males. There must have been a lot of people who secretly agreed with his crudely articulated ideals.

And there must have been a lot of people who loathed the idea of Clinton as president more than a wild-card Trump presidency.

Over-all I don't think this was an anti-establishment vote so much as an anti-policy one.

Dennis, I think you might be more impatient than me. While the populace still believes in this farce of a system, a majority-rule concoction paying lip service to justice and fairness, I am glad they have risen out of their stupor long enough to send an emphatic message to DC: change direction now!

It remains to be seen what the new kid will do with his mandate - or what he'll be allowed to do, or what has been planned all along to do or....

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

animovado (13th November 2016), Dennis Leahy (13th November 2016), Nan (13th November 2016), quiltinggrandma (13th November 2016), Shannon (13th November 2016), transiten (13th November 2016), Wind (13th November 2016), wondering (13th November 2016)

7. Link to Post #24
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,838 times in 5,080 posts

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    The night before the election, I dared say, "It'd be funny if Trump won." My friend went ballistic. And he's Canadian.

Then Trump won. I was shocked. I thought there was no stopping the Neo-cons and their quickening agenda. Yet here we are.
    Ernie Nemeth

If you were paying attention, Trump is no Neo-con. Most, if not all Neo-cons, voted for Hillary.

Trump hesitated in giving support to 'insane' John McCain, Lindsay Graham is another Neo-con loser that hates Donald Trump, and probably voted for Hillary. Neo-con Daddy George H W Bush voted for Hillary Clinton

Hillary is a Neo-con herself. She proudly claims that Henry Kissinger is her friend & mentor. Neo-con Henry Kissisnger is the guy who came up with all this Regime Change foreign policy BS... And Hillary is following that playbook... that's why Libya, that's why Syria, that's why sending ISIS military equipment.

Quote It remains to be seen what the new kid will do with his mandate - or what he'll be allowed to do, or what has been planned all along to do or....
    The battle for the presidency has been fought & won by Trump... Now the real war begins.

From Politico article:
    Many former GOP officials from both Bush administrations have also announced their support for Clinton over Trump, including national security adviser Brent Scowcroft and former Commerce Secretary Carlos Gutierrez.

One Bush official who has taken Trump's side is former Vice President Dan Quayle, who told POLITICO in an interview this summer he was still holding out hope both Bushes would back Trump. "Clearly in their heart of hearts I should hope they would want a Republican president, but they can speak for themselves," Quayle said in an interview in July.
    Last edited by turiya; 13th November 2016 at 00:53.

8. Link to Post #25
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,221 times in 2,093 posts

One question that seems to always be around and debated is "How much power does the president actually have?" As Trump came to be president from the position of a business man as opposed to a career politician, I think we will quickly see how much freedom he has to act versus to being controlled.

Watching him throughout his campaign it seems pretty clear that he is not there to be a puppet. Even though many Americans have mixed feelings about what this means for their country, speaking from a person looking in from the outside (and I believe that being outside the USA one sees more than most people on the inside) I think that this may be the 'shake up' that the country needs. It might be a rough ride, but any shake-up is going to be bumpy. I have many friends in the USA and I am really hoping for the best for everyone.

So, even if nothing changes, I think that would be a big statement and maybe that would help to wake up the rest of the sleeping public.

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

3(C)+me (13th November 2016), Dennis Leahy (13th November 2016), quiltinggrandma (13th November 2016), Shannon (13th November 2016), transiten (13th November 2016), Wind (13th November 2016), wondering (13th November 2016)

10. Link to Post #26
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,592 times in 5,379 posts

Hi Turiya.

Please read again. When Trump won, the agenda of the Neo-cons was foiled.

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

3(C)+me (13th November 2016), ceetee9 (13th November 2016), Dennis Leahy (13th November 2016), quiltinggrandma (13th November 2016), Shannon (13th November 2016), transiten (13th November 2016)

12. Link to Post #27
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,838 times in 5,080 posts

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    Hi Turiya.

Please read again. When Trump won, the agenda of the Neo-cons was foiled.
    Oh yes, sorry, the double negative 'no stopping' threw me off. Thank you.
    Last edited by turiya; 13th November 2016 at 01:01.

13. Link to Post #28
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,580 times in 5,817 posts

Quote Posted by Satori (here)
    On September 11, 2001. But to put a finer point on it, not long after that date, I realized that things were changing for the worse for Mr. and Mrs. Citizen of Spaceship Earth.

Things change. That is an immutable law of nature. The question is, in what direction is the change perceived as headed. Shall change be perceived as for the better or for the worse? That may be regarded by some as a relative question. It may depend on where one perceives himself or herself fitting into the equation. I personally believe many things are known to persons of average intelligence as clearly right and good, or clearly wrong and bad. Far too often people allow their personal agendas to cloud their judgement and convince themselves that what they know to be bad is good. Good (to them) only because it advances their agenda.
    Right, but that's semantics. Of course there is always change. Maybe I should have said "change from the status quo", but I figured Avalon readers would know that was the topic.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

3(C)+me (13th November 2016), quiltinggrandma (13th November 2016), Shannon (13th November 2016), Snoweagle (13th November 2016), transiten (13th November 2016)

15. Link to Post #29
    United States Avalon Member Bluegreen's Avatar
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks
    Thanked 52,058 times in 10,080 posts

Have not reached that point yet

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

3(C)+me (13th November 2016), Dennis Leahy (13th November 2016), neutronstar (13th November 2016), quiltinggrandma (13th November 2016), transiten (13th November 2016), wondering (13th November 2016)

17. Link to Post #30
    United States Avalon Member quiltinggrandma's Avatar
    Thanks

yes dennis,,i agree with you.Sorry folks,,i did not vote because i believe my vote does not count.Half the people in america thinks their vote counted.I agree with several here,that there is a plan in progress.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to quiltinggrandma For This Post:

3(C)+me (13th November 2016), Basho (13th November 2016), Dennis Leahy (13th November 2016), Shannon (13th November 2016), transiten (13th November 2016), wondering (13th November 2016)

19. Link to Post #31
    United States Avalon Member Alien Ramone's Avatar
    Thanks

I started to wonder if anything would change over the last few days as I read articles about John Bolton being a likely pick for Secretary of State and about members of the establishment being considered for other positions, but The media might just be promoting NWO choices as likely Trump appointees. If Trump actually does appoint Neocon, John Bolton, as Secretary of State and people from Goldman Sachs and other big banks to other positions, then I will expect business as usual.

20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Alien Ramone For This Post:

3(C)+me (13th November 2016), Cara (13th November 2016), Dennis Leahy (13th November 2016), neutronstar (13th November 2016), Pam (13th November 2016), quiltinggrandma (16th November 2016), Shannon (13th November 2016), Sierra (14th November 2016), transiten (13th November 2016), wondering (13th November 2016)

21. Link to Post #32
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,312 times in 2,098 posts

I'm not so sure presidents pick their people. According to Tufts professor Michael Glennon the US govt is a machine that just keeps rolling no matter who is in the WH, tho he puts it much more eloquently.

https://www.sott.net/article/287681-...nt-wont-change

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Franny For This Post:

3(C)+me (13th November 2016), Cara (13th November 2016), Dennis Leahy (13th November 2016), quiltinggrandma (16th November 2016), transiten (13th November 2016), wondering (13th November 2016)

23. Link to Post #33
    United States Avalon Member nancy's Avatar
    Thanks

For me, it was when he started giving Hillary all those accolades. I think that's when my stomach hit the floor.

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nancy For This Post:

3(C)+me (13th November 2016), Dennis Leahy (13th November 2016), neutronstar (13th November 2016), Pam (13th November 2016), PurpleLama (13th November 2016), quiltinggrandma (16th November 2016), wondering (13th November 2016)

25. Link to Post #34
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,944 times in 2,204 posts

when i read the OP of this thread the words that sprang to mind were ...

'Abandon all hope ye who enter here'

Has it come to this that we should abandon hope thereby becoming hopeless..?

I'n not suggesting suddenly everything will instantly change for the better because that's not how it works but to succumb to blanket cynicism is to admit defeat and I don't think that is healthy - or productive -

People all over the world including me were rooting for Trump because we wanted the West to have a better and more respectful relationship with Russia - Clinton was leading the political march to a serious conflict with Russia which was just madness and a huge concern for the planet -

Trump has his work cut out obviously but actively lowering the energy and discouraging hope is aiding and abetting the warmongers, IMO --

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jaybee For This Post:

3(C)+me (13th November 2016), Dennis Leahy (13th November 2016), quiltinggrandma (16th November 2016), Shannon (13th November 2016), wondering (13th November 2016)

27. Link to Post #35
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,944 times in 2,204 posts

Quote Posted by Cidersomerset (here)
    'There was movement towards WWIII with Russia': World awaits Trump's future
    policy on Middle East

Published on 10 Nov 2016

thanks for that Cidersomerset -

it's not going to be easy reeling in the Western Globalist Warmongers who appear to be working with Saudi Arabia to redraw the map of the Middle East in preparation for the next step of their agenda - but at least with Trump as president there is a glimmer of light - with Clinton there was non -

The globalists have shown no mercy towards the citizens of Iraq, Libya and Syria and neither would they towards Western countries who try and step in their way -

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jaybee For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (13th November 2016), quiltinggrandma (16th November 2016), wondering (13th November 2016)

29. Link to Post #36
    United States Avalon Member Alien Ramone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by latte (here)
    I'm not so sure presidents pick their people. According to Tufts professor Michael Glennon the US govt is a machine that just keeps rolling no matter who is in the WH, tho he puts it much more eloquently.

https://www.sott.net/article/287681-...nt-wont-change
    I view it as working differently, because the President can go directly to the people saying who the cabinet picks will be and whether the U.S. is going to engage in a military conflict or not. I have always thought of the NWO as working based on influence, not complete control. Presidents can follow what the NWO wants them to do to their own benefit or reap the consequences, particularly if the NWO has something on them that could bring them down, since the NWO owns the mainstream media. I think that the Clintons and Barack Obama were NWO backed and their VPs and cabinet were probably for the most part chosen for them. I don't think Trump is NWO backed or that Pence was chosen by the NWO. I think the NWO started co-opting Reagan at the point where Reagan was choosing a VP. I will initially base my opinion of whether Trump is co-opted on his cabinet picks.

In relation to the secret government, I view that as being the NWO with their influence on government and with the overseeing of certain projects such as contact with aliens and the secret space program that are funded by the government with money that goes through the Navy budget, but overseen by NWO military contractors and thus inaccessible to the President.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Alien Ramone For This Post:

3(C)+me (13th November 2016), Dennis Leahy (13th November 2016), jaybee (13th November 2016), quiltinggrandma (16th November 2016)

31. Link to Post #37
    United States Avalon Member mgray's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,508 times in 1,196 posts

I cannot remember the comedian -- it may have been Bill Hicks who said this -- but either way I believe Donald Trump has viewed the JFK assassination tape from the vantage point of the shooter, not the Zapruder version.

That said, although he is viewed as an outsider, Trump will only be able to effect change on the periphery. But that could be enough to make life more tolerable for us.

The "system" has its own life cycle, and there is not much any one Administration can do towards changing that agenda.
    When in doubt, do the next right thing.
    My blog: http://grayseconomy.com

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mgray For This Post:

3(C)+me (13th November 2016), Dennis Leahy (13th November 2016), Pam (13th November 2016), quiltinggrandma (16th November 2016), seko (13th November 2016), Shannon (13th November 2016)

33. Link to Post #38
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,369 times in 3,306 posts

If somehow, we could get Jesus Christ or Buddha in office as president, nothing much would happen or should I say could happen. The system we call our government is so permeated with corruption at so many levels, so riddled with little pockets of self interest that benefiting the citizens is the last thing on the list.

If you voted democrat, you might get a tad more entitlements but really, is it realistic in any way to hope that a system that" loses" the equivalent of 30,000.00 dollars for every man, woman and child in a year is going to get fixed by any one person? I find myself looking at the candidates as which one I could tolerate the most. Which ones face on the National Enquirer in the grocery store will be least offensive. What a crappy way to see things..

There seems to be something inherent in the human race that makes us self destructive. We have so much abundance on this planet. We could all live in wonderful communities, but we ruin it all, or we let someone else ruin it. We stand by while some have way more than they could ever use and others have nothing. I don't get it but it is what we do, whether by commission or omission.

The citizens are angry. I would like to see that anger turned into something constructive and it will not be found on any ballet anywhere on the planet. I would love to know what it is about us humans?

34. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

3(C)+me (13th November 2016), Basho (13th November 2016), Dennis Leahy (13th November 2016), mgray (13th November 2016), quiltinggrandma (16th November 2016), Shannon (13th November 2016), Wind (13th November 2016)

35. Link to Post #39
    Thanks

At the moment it became clear that I'm looking in the wrong direction and seeking in places which are just reflecting change, that's actually happening somewhere else, if it's happening at all.
    It's not the button, it's the one who's pushing. More and more people are leaving the old paradigm behind and start their own way of living, testing basic democratic ideas in companies,
    schools, communities and urban quarters.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to animovado For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (13th November 2016), jaybee (13th November 2016), Pam (14th November 2016), quiltinggrandma (16th November 2016)

37. Link to Post #40
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,127 times in 560 posts

Quote Posted by jaybee (here)

when i read the OP of this thread the words that sprang to mind were ...

'Abandon all hope ye who enter here'

Has it come to this that we should abandon hope thereby becoming hopeless..?

I'n not suggesting suddenly everything will instantly change for the better because that's not how it works but to succumb to blanket cynicism is to admit defeat and I don't think that is healthy - or productive -

People all over the world including me were rooting for Trump because we wanted the West to have a better and more respectful relationship with Russia - Clinton was leading the political march to a serious conflict with Russia which was just madness and a huge concern for the planet -

Trump has his work cut out obviously but actively lowering the energy and discouraging hope is aiding and abetting the warmongers, IMO --

Ya know it is not easy growing up. We look to our parents to show us the way, we let them guide us. Then we have teachers, employers, authority figures and we continue to believe they know what is best for us. We even want to believe when we know they are clueless, liars, ego manics, and have handlers who tell them what has to be done, but still want to believe.

I think the human race has to collectively get to the point where they actually become adults. What shape is my world in and what do I want and do not want. Who am I lying to, how do I not take care of myself, what am I still afraid of.

Do I want to live in fear or peace? Do I want to believe in liars or do I want to get down to dealing with my out personal stuff and fix that, cuz that is the way you are going to change the world. That is the way it has always been.

It's not about "out their" anymore.

38. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 3(C)+me For This Post:

animovado (13th November 2016), Dennis Leahy (13th November 2016), jaybee (13th November 2016), Pam (14th November 2016), quiltinggrandma (16th November 2016), Wind (13th November 2016)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast