+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: What is truth?

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Default What is truth?

I have searched for truth through every faith based belief system. Surprisingly enough I found a piece of it in every one of them. But the greatest truth of all consists of my God consciousness that I awakened to over twenty years ago. NOW and the perpetual impending life unfolds for me a God who lives within and outside of myself.

As I have learned to discipline my mind and breathing (Buteyko Method [the rebuilding of CO2 in the body and blood]); I have noticed my consciousness drawing ever nearer to the edge of creation itself. But the scriptures are very clear in that "the kingdom of God outstripts [moves ahead] in time to us" (Matthew 12:28). This means that God's perpetual creative force will always be just in front of the time period we all know as NOW. We may however, at times, catch a glimpse of those funny shapes, numbers, and colors that ride on the brink of the edge. I AM, that I AM; and so are you (John 10:34).

2. Link to Post #2
    Ecuador Honored, Retired Member. Warren passed on 2 July, 2020.
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,540 times in 864 posts

Default Re: What is truth?

I suspect that "truth" is what you make of it. If you believe it, then it is truth for you. When you consider other people's truth, you are looking at their beliefs. Not really. I have spent great effort removing those "beliefs" that do not work for me. Peeling away the layers of the onion, so to speak. I still find myself saying "I believe that ..." way too often. I keep four levels in my BS (belief system) namely:

Accepted (but frequently reviewed)
    Likely (are "feel-good" concepts)
    Suggested (by others)
    Dropped

There is likely another belief layer I could call "Unknown" that controls me without my conscious knowledge. I keep looking out for those. My "Dropped" beliefs layer is huge. There are so many of those beliefs that were instilled into me in my childhood. I will still review the dropped beliefs when I get kicked in the teeth for ignoring them. Actually, all of my layers are flexible.

3. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,495 times in 731 posts

In my opinion there is absolute truth, crystal clear truth. It's those in power who don't want you think so, that say its all malleable and what you want it to be. If that's the case they (ie Enki) can make it what ever he wants and has. They destroyed and manipulated history so we would not know who we are. They created religions and the bodies our souls are trapped in. The alien manipulators know some of the truths that are hidden from us. If it was in any religion it would have been kept from us.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Savannah For This Post:

The Freedom Train (12th November 2016)

5. Link to Post #4
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,614 times in 5,382 posts

As "the truth" becomes ever clearer, ever nearer, an entirely different viewpoint is emerging. A new history of mankind heralds a new paradigm as well. It will unveil the occulted knowledge of our forebears and our responsibility to our mother and fierce protector, Gaia. She is a mother and she has given birth to many races of intelligence. Their collected knowledge is our heritage.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Deega (12th November 2016), The Freedom Train (12th November 2016), Wind (13th November 2016)

7. Link to Post #5
    Ecuador Honored, Retired Member. Warren passed on 2 July, 2020.
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,540 times in 864 posts

But Savanna, how do you KNOW the truth when you see it? Perhaps you are telling us that there "is absolute truth, crystal clear truth" but we will not recognize it when we are staring at it. Perhaps you will know it when you touch it. Then you and I agree.

8. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,800 times in 6,634 posts

The truth is just like Immanuel and Muhammad said, the thing (spirit ) inside me does the work... Choosing to listen and follow that gentle inner voice that speaks to all human beings, that tiny piece of Creation that is still one with everything... The evil men in each epoch tried to make the man the focus instead of the message... That person in the mirror has everything needed to build a more perfect world...
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

9. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

The truth is simply that which cannot be negated: the sense of 'I am'.
    "There is nothing in a caterpillar that tells you it's going to be a butterfly." R. Buckminster Fuller

10. Link to Post #8
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,863 times in 11,839 posts

Ultimate Truth is Only "God" is--and I am that--(I am that I am)

Its possible to go round and round and round in circles--thats the me (ego) protecting the concept of a separate identity.

Ancient enlightened teaching all the way up to present day Mystics all say the same thing.
    One without a second--its that clear--you are that, there is no other, except in illusion--Maya - the play of consciousness--the dreamer within the dream.

Ch
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Cidersomerset (13th November 2016)

12. Link to Post #9
    Language
    English
    Thanks

ALL is the SELF; There is Only the Self (Complete Satsang Dialogue) ~ Mooji

Uploaded on Mar 17, 2011

"Jiva is Shiva; follow the footsteps of 'I AM'." (Mooji) http://www.mooji.org
    Ed note: This auspicious dialogue took place at a time when laryngitis was a possibility for Mooji at any moment. Even so, That which speaks through Mooji points us to the Truth of our many questions about reality, and addresses many issues, not the least of which is: the only remedy for suffering on the planet.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

binemaya (13th November 2016)

14. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,304 times in 950 posts

Quote Posted by StandingWave (here)
    Oh, no disrespect intended whatsoever StandingWave, but IMHO if one were to investigate that exact sense of "I am" (via some spiritual / meditative technique) it could open up a whole new world ... but I suppose it depends upon what you are pointing at with those words eh ?

Because if that sense "I am" is related to some "entity" or to some "who" of identity then AFAIC that's still within the realm of "Concepts" (like a separate self) and there is potentially further "to go" to reveal its "emptiness" or its lack of inherent substance ...

But to be clear, the "emptiness" I speak of is most certainly not a mere Nothingness !

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Clear Light For This Post:

greybeard (13th November 2016)

16. Link to Post #11
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Trouble is people get stuck in an idea of what spirituality is and dont investigate further.
    God only knows how many times my thoughts on this have shifted.

I have followed various teachers been to ashrams--sat at the feet of enlightened sages--yes they all say the same thing with different expression.
    I did not get what hey were saying I had to hear it over and over and from different sources.

Most of what I "needed" is in that Mooji video.

This one by Stephen Wolinsky goes a step further.

Last edited by greybeard; 13th November 2016 at 15:54.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

lake (13th November 2016)

18. Link to Post #12
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,308 times in 437 posts

EVERYTHING IS TRUE!

Why? Because everything exist'. If something exist then it is a truth that cannot be denied. Good, bad or indifferent doesn't matter.

The more applicable question is what POWER can we achieve.

In our current political environment I should add that when a paradigm is put forth that allows more power to people it tends to be appealing. Yet the most powerful truths are inherently real-eyes and actual-eyes NOT given.

Last edited by OMG; 13th November 2016 at 19:11.

19. Link to Post #13
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Everything is made up of atom which are 99.9% empty space.
    What we see as solid is an illusion.

The emptiness within the atom is the same as the emptiness without.
    That emptiness is supreme intelligence.
    We are That.
    The body dies--we are not the body--we are permanent eternal.
    In order for some thing to be true it must be permanent not temporary.
    Yes there is relative truth and absolute truth.
    The chair the body the event is relative truth --you are absolute truth.

Chris

20. The Following User Says Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

lake (13th November 2016)

21. Link to Post #14
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,552 times in 814 posts

Quote Posted by OMG (here)
    EVERYTHING IS TRUE!
    Good, bad or indifferent doesn't matter.
    See I cannot comprehend this type of post?
    Maybe I am just stupid? Might be....I wouldn't know would I as I am stupid!

What concerns me more is that in 6 years OMG (although one must consider the change of forum software) You have not thanked anyone for their input into your life on this forum?

Do you consider that you learn nothing from others? In which case why participate on a forum?
    If you feel that you have expanded by others considerations then why have you never thanked anothers post?

My interaction would like to know?
    Normal..!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to lake For This Post:

23. Link to Post #15
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,552 times in 814 posts

This is a thread about TRUTH....so I feel justified in asking the above question of OMG.......who I assume can answer it in truth?

With this in mind I am happy to answer any question, in truth as I have perception of a truth!
    So I am not being 'harsh' to OMG
    Normal..!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to lake For This Post:

25. Link to Post #16
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by lake (here)
    This is a thread about TRUTH....so I feel justified in asking the above question of OMG.......who I assume can answer it in truth?

With this in mind I am happy to answer any question, in truth as I have perception of a truth!
    So I am not being 'harsh' to OMG
    I welcome post like this and would be horrified if you couldn't express your point of view.

Thankfulness takes many forms. I do the best I can and I love everyone, although I may not love what they do. I think if people read my post they can see my well meaning intention and the basic purpose that drives me. Of course I'm far from perfect, yet I feel I have learned countless things from others and appreciate everyone's comments or feedback, even if I don't always express it in an obvious way.

Re: Truth

ALL is permissible but not ALL is beneficial...

And I written much about Power. Most SEE this as a dirty word because they denote it with force and negative imposition. Obviously my meaning of power is not negative (although negative can be a relative term bass on perspective) so what is it?

Peace

Last edited by OMG; 13th November 2016 at 21:06.

26. Link to Post #17
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 times in 765 posts

God already gave us all the power.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Rich For This Post:

28. Link to Post #18
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote God already gave us all the power.
    I would agree that ALL comes from GOD. And I think humans have soul which is a unique attribute from GOD. And not everything or everyone has soul.

However, I don't know of anyone who has absolute power in all of its fullness NOW. So I see power as an evolving state. This of course doesn't mean that ALL power isn't within us. It could be that we are only accessing parts of this Absolute power and if we could figure out how to access it all maybe it would be possible to do so in an instant, so to speak.

Of course I'm not partial to the notion of surrendering to some deity, force or whatever... Why? Well, we are partial beings and to give away our selves to anything/one while coming from our partial or imperfect state is a recipe for disaster.

Who or what is this "source/truth/etc" that we freely surrender ALL of ourselves to? How do we know?

Regardless, ones power is either static, devolving or evolving. But when you have power you can tell...and when you don't you can tell...

29. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Clear Light (here)
    Quote Posted by StandingWave (here)
    Oh, no disrespect intended whatsoever StandingWave, but IMHO if one were to investigate that exact sense of "I am" (via some spiritual / meditative technique) it could open up a whole new world ... but I suppose it depends upon what you are pointing at with those words eh ?

Because if that sense "I am" is related to some "entity" or to some "who" of identity then AFAIC that's still within the realm of "Concepts" (like a separate self) and there is potentially further "to go" to reveal its "emptiness" or its lack of inherent substance ...

But to be clear, the "emptiness" I speak of is most certainly not a mere Nothingness !
    Is it possible to claim "I am not"?

The sense of being expressed as 'I am' is the one thing in universe thtat cannot be negated. In negating it, you confirm it.
    This was pointed out to me initially by Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj.
    I cannot fault his observation.
    Can you?
    "There is nothing in a caterpillar that tells you it's going to be a butterfly." R. Buckminster Fuller

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StandingWave For This Post:

Clear Light (14th November 2016), greybeard (14th November 2016)

31. Link to Post #20
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote God already gave us all the power.
    I would agree that ALL comes from GOD. And I think humans have soul which is a unique attribute from GOD. And not everything or everyone has soul.

However, I don't know of anyone who has absolute power in all of its fullness NOW. So I see power as an evolving state. This of course doesn't mean that ALL power isn't within us. It could be that we are only accessing parts of this Absolute power and if we could figure out how to access it all maybe it would be possible to do so in an instant, so to speak.

Of course I'm not partial to the notion of surrendering to some deity, force or whatever... Why? Well, we are partial beings and to give away our selves to anything/one while coming from our partial or imperfect state is a recipe for disaster.

Who or what is this "source/truth/etc" that we freely surrender ALL of ourselves to? How do we know?

Regardless, ones power is either static, devolving or evolving. But when you have power you can tell...and when you don't you can tell...
    Everything is of the one solution.
    Gold can be formed into many objects.
    The ocean becomes the wave.

Depends how you define soul but mystics will say there is only one soul and I am that.
    I can not say that a stone is alive but it is made up of atoms in movement to the best of my recollection

Chris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast