Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

Default Re: If reincarnation is true...

Quote Posted by DeeMetrios (here)
    Quote Posted by Wind (here)
    Because they did happen in the past when viewed from the historical viewpoint. In this physical world there is time... Which is relative.
    so ...... "future life regression" should be possible ?

does reincarnation happen in chronological order ?
    Dee Metrios
    It would seem that past lives are in chronological order.
    In a dream anything is possible--so in theory it would be possible to come back from the future.
    I dont think any of it relevant to this lifetime--this moment.

It would seem possible that a person male now was female in previous life times--or a tree for that matter.
    There is nothing but consciousness, which is formless, therefore it can take on, incarnate, as any form.

Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th January 2023), DeeMetrios (10th January 2018), Foxie Loxie (10th January 2018), raregem (15th May 2018), Rich (10th January 2018), Valerie Villars (15th May 2018), Wind (10th January 2018)

3. Link to Post #82
    Australia Avalon Member DeeMetrios's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,324 times in 229 posts

thank you chris ...

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeeMetrios For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th January 2023), Foxie Loxie (11th January 2018), greybeard (10th January 2018)

5. Link to Post #83
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

I feel as if I have had "glimpses" of "future incarnations" of myself, so I think it's possible to see into your own future in that manner. I should say though, I don't believe it's possible to predict the future this way.

Additionally there was a time when I was concerned I might be "chanelling" some kind of entity against my will, and a friend of mine suggested perhaps I was chanelling my future self. At the time I dismissed it as foolish because really, I don't see "me in the future" being all that much smarter than "me right now". But a after a while I began to consider I could be in contact with a future incarnation of myself. Let's assume for a moment that is what's actually happening. If that is the case, I would assume my "future incarnation" and myself that I know as ME would have to be aware at the same time in order to communicate with each other.

I guess it boils down to whether or not it's possible to be incarnated in two places at the one time. Then there's the whole idea of "time" and perception of time too.

On my drive home yesterday I was thinking about what Emex said again, and something amusing happened in my thoughts too.

ME (pondering): If we are unhappy.... we have a thought that is not true.....
    Train of thought #1: But I'm always unhappy...
    Train of thought #2: That is not true!
    ME: Oh come ON (sarcastically)

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th January 2023), DeeMetrios (11th January 2018), Foxie Loxie (11th January 2018), greybeard (11th January 2018), Rich (11th January 2018)

7. Link to Post #84
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 times in 765 posts

Quote Posted by petra (here)
    I feel as if I have had "glimpses" of "future incarnations" of myself, so I think it's possible to see into your own future in that manner. I should say though, I don't believe it's possible to predict the future this way.
    According to Bashar all incarnations happen all at once, and every moment is here, we just look at whatever event we think is happening now.

Quote Posted by petra (here)
    On my drive home yesterday I was thinking about what Emex said again, and something amusing happened in my thoughts too.

ME (pondering): If we are unhappy.... we have a thought that is not true.....
    Train of thought #1: But I'm always unhappy...
    Train of thought #2: That is not true!
    ME: Oh come ON (sarcastically)
    ^^
    ACIM tells us there are no neutral thoughts.
    Love either exists or it does not, and if it does,
    suffering is not possible, unless we believe
    a thought that is not true.
    Quote When you are sad, know this need not be. Depression comes from a sense of being deprived of something you want and do not have. Remember that you are deprived of nothing except by your own decisions, and then decide otherwise.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Rich For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th January 2023), DeeMetrios (12th January 2018), Foxie Loxie (11th January 2018), greybeard (11th January 2018), Navigator (11th January 2018), petra (11th January 2018), XelNaga (13th May 2019)

9. Link to Post #85
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

Quote Posted by EmEx (here)
    According to Bashar all incarnations happen all at once, and every moment is here, we just look at whatever event we think is happening now.
    All incarnations happening at once sounds right to me, or better yet feels right, it's just hard to make sense of with our idea of time as a measurement. But I do remember a time when it did make sense!

For a while I felt as if every other person was just like "another me". That would be a bit extreme though wouldn't it. I panicked a bit then - I was calling it the "same person glitch" ha ha

ACIM tells us there are no neutral thoughts.
    Love either exists or it does not, and if it does,
    suffering is not possible, unless we believe
    a thought that is not true.
    I had to look up ACIM, and as soon as I looked it up I understand why I don't understand... Feels like going in a circle, like when people say God is Love, that makes no sense to me either. I believe in God and I believe in Love, but you can't say "God is Love"... because if you do, in my mind, you're breaking the language!

Quote When you are sad, know this need not be. Depression comes from a sense of being deprived of something you want and do not have. Remember that you are deprived of nothing except by your own decisions, and then decide otherwise.
    In regards to this quote, I'm getting nowhere with this either. Sadness just kind of comes upon me in waves sometimes. I consider some times when I am watching TV and I cry a lot (and not just at the sad parts). I could be watching a cartoon and crying. Crying feels good sometimes... I don't necessarily think it's a "negative emotion" (which would be different from a negative thought). and I have to practically fight with my thoughts so they will LET ME CRY.

I'm sure everyone has had times when they're so happy they could cry, but what about happy and sad at once. I think I've had that too, and that particular feeling is really puzzling to me. I don't even know what to call it, so I've been calling it "Happy-Sad Feeling"
    Last edited by petra; 11th January 2018 at 12:36.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th January 2023), DeeMetrios (12th January 2018), Ewan (11th January 2018), Foxie Loxie (11th January 2018), greybeard (11th January 2018), Patient (19th May 2019), Rich (11th January 2018)

11. Link to Post #86
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,929 times in 2,388 posts

As long as you are caught up in time much of this will elude you. To be caught up in time is to be caught up in mind.

If you can ask yourself "What's wrong with this moment?" and arrive at the answer "Absolutely nothing." regardless of circumstance you are on the right path to freedom.

I've recently been reading the findings of Pribram (The Holographic Brain) and related spin-offs and ultimately there IS nothing out there! Our brains are like radio receivers tuned to a limited frequency range for the materialisation of a 3d universe in front of our eyes. (Damn it, language is so confusing!)

Wave interference patterns are decoded by our brains and via the optic nerves we 'see' the 3D representation of that interference pattern. So we can reach out and take that apple from the tree, just as Eve demonstrated to Adam, and the universe doesn't collapse.

The power of belief, especially when it is reinforced by virtually everyone you meet, can literally create a world for you to live in.

It also explains how faith can move mountains, literally.

(Now don't get me wrong, I'm not some guru floating around in neon clouds looking down on you simpletons. When I reach out my hand and take a bottle of be, erm.. apple, I'm utterly convinced I'm holding something solid and if I hold enough solid things for long enough I'll get completely dru, erm... sated with apples. That's a powerful thing to overthrow, your entire foundations built on an axiomatic belief system.)

That may explain reincarnation in a nutshell, if you can make sense of it. As long as you believe in this world you will keep coming here, or somehwere similar.

Unfortunately the logical understanding of it is merely the first step in what will prove to be a very long path, unless you find a shortcut - and there be dragons!
    Last edited by Ewan; 11th January 2018 at 18:57.

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th January 2023), DeeMetrios (12th January 2018), Foxie Loxie (11th January 2018), greybeard (15th January 2018), O Donna (15th January 2018), Rich (11th January 2018), Valerie Villars (15th May 2018), Wind (12th January 2018)

13. Link to Post #87
    Australia Avalon Member DeeMetrios's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,324 times in 229 posts

hmmmmm , leaves me even more confused , hehe & sorry for going of topic but ...
    Bashar , never resonated with me , disconnected more dots than connected & thus I only spent 4 or 5 hrs listening to him .
    Im grateful I discovered Kryon who speaks thru Lee Carrol back then in 2012 , his wisdom & energy make Bashar seems like an ego maniac in comparison .
    cheers

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeeMetrios For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th January 2023), Miaspri (14th May 2018), Rich (12th January 2018)

15. Link to Post #88
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,158 times in 1,663 posts

One way I have viewed reincarnation is as an individual consciousness constantly reinventing itself.
    Knock Knock

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to O Donna For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th January 2023), DeeMetrios (17th January 2018), greybeard (16th January 2018)

17. Link to Post #89
    United States Avalon Member Miaspri's Avatar
    Thanks

I love the Lee Carroll/Kryon channellings. Very informative and loving.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Miaspri For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th January 2023)

19. Link to Post #90
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,145 times in 2,998 posts

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    I know I exist, thats not a belief, not at thought, this does not need thinking to confirm.
    Well said Chris, that's why ACIM says nothing needs to be done, it is our doing that seems to take us away from what we are,
    that doing is ego (like another bob said in tims thread; the ego is an activity).
    Yet what we are has been eternally established by God, and our thoughts are ineffectual to change this.
    "

Yes EmEx---current mystics say much the same.

You will probably remember the exact quote from ACIM which starts. "The moment you take up a position know that you are identifying with an illusion"

There is a lot in "A course in miracles" worth considering.
    Im not fond of the first part but the work book is excellent.

Ch
    Dr. Hawkins says we only need use the workbook, that all can be gleaned from it. There are also briefs and summaries that are quite good. It's interesting to simply open up the ACIM book to any page and marvel at the content that is germane in that instant.
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th January 2023), greybeard (15th May 2018), raregem (15th May 2018), Valerie Villars (15th May 2018)

21. Link to Post #91
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

Hi Conk
    Its nice to see the late Dr David Hawkins quoted.
    I devoured his books.
    He also said that the work book was possibly channeled from a different source.
    Whatever, for anyone serious about their spiritual evolution ---getting off the wheel of birth and death (reincarnation) --its a good course of daily lessons.

Ch
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th January 2023), conk (25th May 2018), raregem (15th May 2018), Valerie Villars (15th May 2018)

23. Link to Post #92
    United States Avalon Member Bo Atkinson's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,499 times in 828 posts

The original post asked three “who questions” and three “why questions”, (generally aimed at the sensibility of life’s official purposes). I finally found a very satisfying, new presentation to process all these related questions, after decades of searching through life purposes. More importantly, how to get “an internal broadband connection”, largely working through dream-visions. This new dream practice provides far clearer symbolic answers, which are occasionally fun loving.

My skeptical inquirer, always sittings on my shoulder, is humored and my earlier life difficulties are cleared up. I’ve always been inclined to something like self advancement, rather than praying for external help. I was reluctant at first, to accept this dream vision guidance. It also turns out that presenting this curious availability to others, is key to expanding one’s own internal broadband/infinite-band connection. So the mentioned presentation is much more than these mere paragraphs suggest.

I refer to a presenter who writes more with “street smarts”, rather than as a great intellect, (or as a mystic would write). This was in fact planned by the “Real Guides”, who set up his life, (over previous life times, as he explains it). This is a rare window of opportunity, for all, before the world inclines more intensively, into the heavier controlled-prison-planet-mode. After the guides attract those who are truly ready to leave our local universe: physical-astral-causal-mental-psychic body life . Only the “risk takers” will work diligently to see this aspect. As the most comfortable people will just ignore this intensive presentation, as they ignore ongoing evidence of ecocide and transhumanism, etc.. These factors are the outcome and choice of the world owners.

The deal is, that this world is actually owned by the current controllers and most humans choose to stay inside their lovely reincarnation merry-go-round. Most are inclining to remain with the controllers. Even many decisive people will go on living prone to recycle, onwards through continued, (memory wiped), reincarnations. It is entirely a matter of choice, their is no revolution planned here, at all. Reincarnation is not the focus of this NU Presentation, (which is about much more than the local, unlit universe) .

Following are some excerpted paragraphs and definitions, not intellectualized and somewhat emphasized through special, street-smart jargon), copy-pasted from NU Book 6:

“Modern science has no Real Explanation to a person's Dream Visions. They can only observe and see what comes from it, as each person tells their tale of the worlds beyond. Here again is where many humans have lost their TruSight for anything more than their Literal Senses, as most people feel more secure with an 'officialness' statement from some governing agency that will most likely deny anything of Real Value, unless it suits their purposes. Agencies like the FDA, the AMA, the UN, the FBI, the CIA, and so many other contrived government takeovers, have forced their way into people's lives to where most people are so afraid to make a professional decision on their own. Maybe at one time these agencies had their place, but today it is the almighty dollar that talks louder and is more convincing. So, it is really up to each person to decide if what they are experiencing is Real to them or not. None of what anyone does is a put down, but it only makes sense to wakeup to what is really going on with this world and those who have been hired to run it. I am providing the option to excel past reincarnation and karma, and each and every person who sincerely does The NU-U Sessions, will at some point Realize and PerSeeve what I am Presenting.”
    ~~~~~~
    “There comes a time when each of us wants to know where we have come from and the many experiences we have gone through. No matter what becomes of our life, it has all been from the choices we have made. Eventually, after the longest road of endeavor, we do long for Something Real, from chasing all that we have and always ending up with basically nothing, but a lot of memories. Then we forget everything and are once again somewhere we have no idea of.” (reincarnated once more)
    ~~~~~~~

“REALFREEDOM...This is the position all The Real UNUversal Guides have with The TruReality LifeIS, and they are making this opportunity available right Now to others. The RealGuides take over the karma of their NUStudents from the Lords of Karma and make sure it is worked off in this lifetime. The RealGuides provide The RealGift for ALL!

"THE NU~U SESSIONS...When Paul was here he had his techniques, and so it is with The NU-U Sessions. Doing The NU~U Sessions at least once a day before bedtime connects one in their DreamVisions to The RealGuidance. Sit in silence for 15 to 30 minutes and just relax without doing anything. Look for The RealLight and listen for The Sound of THE IS, then softly Sing... “NU~U~U~U and draw it out”
    NUSTUDENT...One who is studying the written works of THE NUMAN and practicing The RealConnection, The NU-U Sessions.

"THE NU / UTUN...The RealAwareniss, The RealU that Becomes NU when The RealConnection is made by The Real UNUversal Guides. A soul is unaware until they become 'NU.' Also 'Utun & YU'

"REALGUIDANCE...Unlike the systems of the earth and what is taught here, The RealGuides provide a directness and assurance not found amongst the REPSystems with their dictators and rulers. There are many levels of guidance, but only Rebazar Tarzs and The Real UNUversal Guides are direct with THE ALLIS.

"REAL EXPERIENCE...This is where we are shown What IS Real Now as apposed to just reading something and then 'believing' it to be so. With RealExperience we eventually have our own life without any restrictions from the three lower levels and the Authoritarians.

"DREAMVISIONS...These are the nightly experiences and episodes one has with The RealGuides where The NUStudent is taken to Unseen Worlds and shown The UNUversal Files and all that is Real and True. This is the first steps to The Real UNUverses of THE IS.

"THE THREE LOWER LEVELS...These positions entail the physical material RoundWorlds of human residence and unawareness as the lowest reality of phenomena in life. Above this is the Astral Heaven where most people go after their departure from the earth or other RoundWorlds, where the brother of the Kalaum God rules as Lord Jehovah and other identities bestowed upon him. Above The First Heaven of Man is the Causal and Mental Worlds ruled by Lord Kalaum, the god of all faiths and beliefs of the lower levels. The Two Heavens of man reside as the destined destinations of all unaware Souls who will 'meet their maker,' so to speak in their afterlife and be directed by the Lords of Karma as to where they must go and continue their lower process until they one day meet with The Real UNUversal Guides to take them into The TruReality LifeIS.

"THE GODS OF MAN...These entities are the governors, the lords and rulers within the Two Heavens of Man that most of the unaware keep thinking is The TruReality. These creatures oversee The Dualistic Powers of good and bad and they do not promote The Real Connection, The SoundLight Reality of THE ALLIS. These gods are also known as the Space Gods, as their job is to make sure all Souls stay unaware of The Real UNUverses of Real Freedom and PurLight.

"THE TWO HEAVENS OF MAN...The Astral and Mental Worlds above the physical realm. Wonderful places to visit, but without The Real Guides, one will be returning for more lifetimes of searching for The RealLight of THE IS. THE NUWAVIS HERE & NOW!

"THE ROUNDWORLDS...The lowest order of life on small and insignificant rocks in black space unaware humans think of as Life, but are actually a 'Place in Life' for educational experiences like prisons for captives. RealGuidance & RealEducation allows one to escape.

"THE REPSYSTEMS...Religious, Educational, Political and SciFi- Social Systems that have been established by the whims of the human mind. Because these systems use the best resources, they have the best fronts to present to the unaware public. It is for sure an honest mistake most people are making, but one of choice.

'THE KALUAM GOD...The Lord God of all the followers of the Belief Systems on earth and up to The Mental Worlds. His identity will differ from faith to faith, but they are all still him. He is The Three Headed God with the Deceptive Faces of Benevolence, Fear and Influence.

"JEHOVAH...Brother of The Kalaum God, ruler and god of The Astral Worlds. He is a little bit nicer than his brother, the Kalaum God.

"THE AUTHORITARIANS AND BRUTALITARIANS...These people (The REPSystems) and their contrived agencies are The TaskMasters for The Gods of Man on earth. They make all the rules and regulations to make sure all the unaware humans stay asleep to The TruReality and never escape the drudgery of reincarnation and karma and their 9 to 5 boring jobs. In our modern society these offenders burden people as slaves to paperwork as one way to keep them confused along with all the worthless political issues of the day. These stinkers especially love people who are couch potatoes.

"TAPLINING...These are the unseen connections made by the Dark Forces and their Korporate Krones to Kontrol unsuspecting souls who rely on their ignorant position of looking to the Invented REPSystems and their Gods of Men for their livelihood. TapLines are placed in mainly the Astral Body as people 'Agree' to deception, such as the HeadMasters of Korporations who lure people into MemberShrimps.

"DREAMARENA...This is usually a person's own Dream Worlds and their decided areas of experience besides their physical life.

"THE LORDS OF KARMA...Assigned to make sure each unaware Soul gets their due rewards and punishments in the three lower levels.

"SPIRITUAL...A term widely used for eons as the identifying label as something divine, and so it is with those who practice all the religious, political, occult and various psychic sciences, but has nothing to do with The TruReality LifeIS, THE ALLIS, nor The Real UNUversal Guides. The RealGuides do not recognize the shortcomings of what humans have invented and look to as Something Real. The RealGuides provide What IS Real, moreso than anything spiritual.

"SOUL...Those lost and unaware individuals who are originally from The TruReality LifeIS, THE ALLIS. Until one Becomes NU with The RealConnection, they will continue to recycle into brand new bodies unconsciously until they meets The Real

"UNUversal Guides. YU Now have a Real Opportunity like never before to Become MoreAware and Totally Free, but YU must take The Risk or stay the same!

"BELIEF, FAITH AND HOPE...These three are The Trinity of the REPSystems, those who have established these ideas firmly in the subconscious of their followers for lifetimes. They only apply to the first three levels of life and do not exist in The Real UNUverses where there is only REALTRUTH & REALFREEDOM, THE ALLIS.

"HUMAN HISTORY...The events of the past that all of us have been through and lived before. When our present Human History of this earth is looked at closely it is seen that many of the establishments of today were directly from Purposely Planned conflicts and takeovers that have become common place. The decisions that were made way back when are Now what most people are living and Waking Up to.

"TAPLINING ALIENS... This world is finally Waking Up to what has been taking place for eons, TapLining! As each one of us have our own journey, those who have become the most Deceptive and Corrupt are now living a life they never wanted, but they have become the Effect of what they have created for themselves, and because they have, they are trapped into a continual downward spiral. They are the Reptilian Alien TapLiners and they have been in Kontrol of the earth!

"FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT WAKING UP NOW...
    'THE ADVENTURIS SERIES' 'THE TRUCOMPLETENESS COURSE'
    EMAIL DUANE&EVA... DUANETHEGREATWRITER@INBOX.COM
    www.DuaneTheGreatWriter.Info
    www.TheNUPresentation.Info
    THE NUPRESENTATION FOUNDATION
    ALLHUMANITARIAN DEVELOPERS AND EDUCATORS

Updated PDF Version, NU Book 6
    Three choices of printed NU Book 6

Older reduced cost e-versions of NU Book 6 on Lulu

Addendum: As of June 2018, I am seeing a whole new side of the NU Presentation:
    http://harmoniouspalette.com/Blog2018.html#june2018
    Last edited by Bo Atkinson; 2nd June 2018 at 15:24. Reason: subsequent findings added

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bo Atkinson For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th January 2023), Valerie Villars (16th May 2018)

25. Link to Post #93
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,040 times in 20,631 posts

Amazing Things Kids Have Said About Past Lives That Even Skeptics Can't Explain
    UAMN TV
    Published on Jul 6, 2018

"Young children sometimes report details of a previous life, which upon checking turn out to be accurate and which they could not have known about in any other way than reincarnation. Reveals overwhelming evidence of past life memories in children. Not only are such experiences real, they are far more common than most people realize.

The interesting thing is that 100 percent of subjects who report past life remembrance are children. They can happen any time to any very young child, but parents often don't notice because they don't know it's possible or don't know what to look for..."

Last edited by onawah; 10th May 2019 at 19:49.
    Each breath a gift...

26. The Following User Says Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th January 2023)

27. Link to Post #94
    Japan Unsubscribed
    Thanks

It would seem that past lives are in chronological order.
    I heard Barbara Marciniak say that you can reincarnate into the past with the full knowledge that you have gained in the current life, thus creating a new timeline.

"Timeline" is a difficult concept, but the past doesn't appear to be constant as the phenomenon of "Mandela effects" shows. New timelines get created while some timelines collapse.

As for Mandela effects, I really don't care about popular culture, but such things as the mask of Tutankhamen (one cobra vs cobra and vulture) and the USSR flag hoisted on the Reichstag building in May 1945 (a star added to hammer and sickle) seem more significant.

28. Link to Post #95
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,472 times in 1,710 posts

When my wife was a child she told her father that she used to be a man.

When my son was very young he told me that he used to be the Daddy of me.

Dr Stephenson(sp) did a lot of research on reincarnation and wrote a book on it.

ES
    Question Everything, always speak truth... Make the best of today, for there may not be a tomorrow!!! But, that's OK because tomorrow never comes, so we have nothing to worry about!!!

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th January 2023), Hervé (11th May 2019), onawah (12th May 2019), Rich (11th May 2019)

30. Link to Post #96
    Japan Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Most of Dr Stephenson's work involves cultures where reincarnation is taken for granted.

This clip is relatively good. But there is more to the story. The boy remembered members of the aircraft carrier when he was taken to their reunion.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYE0WEFz_OA

My question is:
    Why do we (or many of us) believe that "science" can explain everything and that it is superior to the supernatural?

31. Link to Post #97
    Canada Avalon Member frankstien's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,677 times in 325 posts

I had an experience once when I was really down and upset about an event in my life. At the time I was doing the Chinese exercise Tai Chi. I had just started the form when a voice spoke to me from the top of my head. It said "Hey who is this Frank Stien guy, and what's he up to anyway?" At first I was completely freaked out, then I started to smile because I recognized this voice and knew I had heard it before, and not this life, but in a previous one. In that moment I knew reincarnation was real, and that our spirit never dies, that there is really nothing to be afraid of. This voice, like an old friend, helped me see it's just a show on stage and I am an actor
    on that stage. The voice was humoring me because I was taking things a little TOO seriously, and I needed to get my life in cosmic perspective.
    The late comedian Bill Hicks spoke of this stage or as he called it - a ride.

Bill Hicks - It's Just A Ride
    Last edited by frankstien; 11th May 2019 at 19:32.
    "If the media will show us airplanes disappearing into towers on 9/11--they'll show us ANYTHING and expect us to believe it."
    --frankstien

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to frankstien For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th January 2023), onawah (12th May 2019), Patient (19th May 2019), Rich (19th May 2019)

33. Link to Post #98
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 times in 765 posts

Valuable points frankstien, I also read about someone who had a near death experience mention the same thing about taking herself too serious.
    We are not the body, this body is like an avatar, in order to experience this dimension.
    Similar like we do when we play a character in a computer game, it's not really "us" but we have to use the character to act and experience the game.
    It is a joke to think that time can come to circumvent eternity. ~ACIM

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rich For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (20th May 2019), Bill Ryan (8th January 2023)

35. Link to Post #99
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,598 times in 5,379 posts

A video game is far more 'real' in that sense, I would say.

In 'real' life we come into the body and retain no memory of our 'true' lives. We are given no operating instructions or mode of use manual. There are no rules and the 'game' itself is rigged. Blind, deaf, and dumb, we stumble through life until we are dead. We accumulate knowledge and experience but none of it is ever irrefutable or correct because the rules continually change and the facts collected can transmute from right to wrong on a whim. And there is no reset - at least no memory of one...

So, no, 'real' life is nothing like a video game - a video game is played on a level playing field and its appeal is its immutable rules and laws that anyone can excel at if they take the time.

'Real' life is a cruel joke in comparison.

Which brings up the point of how our little programmed 'games' are far more fair, equitable, and enviable than the 'reality' we live in that was supposedly created by a god. I guess gods have a lot to learn from our programmers...
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (20th May 2019), Bill Ryan (8th January 2023), Kamikaze (25th May 2019), Rich (19th May 2019)

37. Link to Post #100
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,330 times in 2,365 posts

I like what Brad Steiger said about reincarnation. Paraphrased: If you are Joe, you will always be Joe... unless you reincarnate. If you then reincarnate as Betty, you will always be Betty... unless you reincarnate.

I like it because it's simple and doesn't require the whole Higher Self/Oversoul structure of Jane Roberts and many others.

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (20th May 2019), Bill Ryan (8th January 2023), Ernie Nemeth (23rd May 2019), Rich (19th May 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 5 6 LastLast