+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: My cat likes to kill

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Default My cat likes to kill

We adopted a cute grey cat from the SPCA a couple of months ago. We love her and she loves us. Or does she really?

It just dawned on me today; whenever I take this adorable cat outside it wants to kill, torture, and eat small animals like squirrels, mice, and other rodents. This cat has even ripped the limbs off a few lizards and then took the pleasure in watching them die a slow death. This cat is no pussy.

I own an animal that has the murder gene in it. After it kills it tries to cuddle up to me and my wife acting like it's a cute fur ball or something. Is she really that appreciative of our rescuing her from that shelter? Or does she just appreciate the fact that we gave her a new home where it's possible for her to perfect her act of killing, maiming, and destroying other weaker lifeforms than herself? (I don't see her tearing off after our neighbors pit bull for crying out loud. She's a coward too.)

Our world is filled with people and other animals that carry this same exact death gene. It hides under false smiles and makes good with you and then when you turn your back- wham! It strikes.

(You approach me with ill intent the moment you touch my skin I'll put my mind into your bones and seal your breath!)

But seriously; how is God going to cut this thought pattern off. I mean from an end time scenario prospective? Or will it be left to the awakened ones to figure it out while working alongside with God? Does God do this one alone or as a collective family unit? I mean this murder gene is found everywhere. Just look at the wars going on in our neighborhoods and overseas.

Will God finally cease His thought for a brief second to sever this one thought energy and then a second later recreate? Will this method save my cat and others like her?

2. Link to Post #2
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,659 times in 8,694 posts

Default Re: My cat likes to kill

Quote Posted by CO2 (here)
    Will God finally cease His thought for a brief second to sever this one thought energy and then a second later recreate? Will this method save my cat and others like her?
    What if you, the cat, and the lizard are all the same thing?

What if the idea of murder is a completely human one (it is).

What if death is perfectly natural and the ONLY guaranteed outcome of life?

Who are we to judge this cycle of life? How can we label it good or bad?

I think you should celebrate your cat, she's being exactly what a cat should be; why would we ever want to change that?
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

3. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Alekahn2 (17th November 2016), Art (17th November 2016), binemaya (17th November 2016), CO2 (17th November 2016), drneglector (18th November 2016), Happyjak (16th November 2016), Holly Lindin (17th November 2016), Ioneo (17th November 2016), kirolak (17th November 2016), KiwiElf (17th November 2016), Kryztian (17th November 2016), littleOne (17th November 2016), Magnus (16th November 2016), Matina (18th November 2016), Matt P (17th November 2016), Nan (17th November 2016), NancyV (17th November 2016), Omi (17th November 2016), Pam (16th November 2016), PurpleLama (16th November 2016), sunpaw (17th November 2016)

4. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member raregem's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,105 times in 563 posts

Fascinating.
    Once my cat brought me a live, somewhat injured bird and dropped it at my feet. I was told this was an act of gifting.
    The way you write has me thinking.......

I am not sure about the following quote...Is this from the bible? or..?

"(You approach me with ill intent the moment you touch my skin I'll put my mind into your bones and seal your breath!)"

It seems very murderous.
    Is there a gene specifically for "murder"? And moreover, is this gene responsible for the enjoyment of watching the cruel death happen?
    Where you speak of "God" I can't seem to follow along. I sure will contemplate it.
    I cannot presume to assume what "God" will and can do. I see it so limitless that my own brain hasn't the ability (yet) to grasp the scope.
    Best to you all.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to raregem For This Post:

CO2 (17th November 2016), Iloveyou (17th November 2016), kirolak (17th November 2016), Magnus (16th November 2016), TargeT (17th November 2016)

6. Link to Post #4
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Thank you Targe T. But what if THIS cat shouldn't act this way? What if this murder gene was passed on to her from a cat trait gene that should have not tasted blood in the first place? Why should this cat perform an action that it really doesn't want to perform but is compelled to do so anyway under a false compulsion? Worse yet; what if this cat is desiring to kill because an outside power is making it kill? Worse yet; what if the numerous energetic units of invisible frequencies are injecting her mind causing her to take on an action that is utterly repulsive to her natural instinct of wanting to be that cuddly little creature that is thanking me that we rescued her but at the same time peering outside the door in hopes that another mouse runs by? If this cat is a natural born killer then why does it not lunge for my throat every time it sees me? Why does it love me but hate smaller animals that it knows it can kill?

(By the way that arm looks formidable. I'm sure glad I didn't have to pull it on my way to winning my first arm wrestling tournament I ever entered.)

7. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,393 times in 3,308 posts

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    Quote Posted by CO2 (here)
    What if you, the cat, and the lizard are all the same thing?

What if the idea of murder is a completely human one (it is).

What if death is perfectly natural and the ONLY guaranteed outcome of life?

Who are we to judge this cycle of life? How can we label it good or bad?

I think you should celebrate your cat, she's being exactly what a cat should be; why would we ever want to change that?

Those are some really thought provoking questions, Target. I have a huge discomfort living on this planet with it's predator/ prey life cycles. I always suspected that the discomfort I feel comes from my projections of my fears and anxiety onto ways of this world that I simply don't understand. I doubt that animals waste a minute living in fear and angst unless they are directly attempting to save their own lives, then it is probably not fear or angst, maybe it's merely survival instinct. Mostly, they are in the moment, pure and simple. I would love to understand that.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

CO2 (17th November 2016), kirolak (17th November 2016), Magnus (16th November 2016), Nan (17th November 2016), raff (17th November 2016), TargeT (17th November 2016), Wind (17th November 2016)

9. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,506 times in 352 posts

A long time ago, I was offered a kitten and I accepted, this cat was all black, a most gentle, kind and pleasant spirited cat, it was totally devoted to me, we really enjoyed each others company, this cat was both lovely and peculiar, it really could pick up my every emotion, thoughts whishes which it acted upon. We had strong telepathic bond based on respect and mutual affection, otherwise not so common in my life. I miss that cat, one day it just vanished while i was mowing the lawn and the cat was outside playing. Presumably a hawk made its move. The bond was broken, i could no longer feel the cat. Poor, poor friend, a very rare and valuable friend, It hit me pretty hard emotionally, a great loss.

A few months later, another friend offered me a new kitten, again I accepted. Big mistake, how could I even pretend...

This new kitten was in every possible way the exact opposite of the cat i previously had lost. It was all white and all evil, those of you who have watched the movie "The Exorcist (1973)" should have a good idea of what my second kitten was like. Terrible spirit in that one. Also this cat disappeared while outside, sorry to say, but this time the parting was a relief.

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Magnus For This Post:

Alekahn2 (17th November 2016), Art (17th November 2016), CO2 (17th November 2016), DeDukshyn (17th November 2016), Nan (17th November 2016), Orph (17th November 2016), Rich (16th November 2016), Spirithorse (17th November 2016), TargeT (17th November 2016), Wind (17th November 2016)

11. Link to Post #7
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,082 times in 4,764 posts

Felines are carnivores. Why is there even a question?

12. Link to Post #8
    Argentina Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,523 times in 661 posts

Quote Posted by PurpleLama (here)
    I'm with you, I don't get it. Asking why a cat is a predator??

13. Link to Post #9
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

I also have a cat adopted from a shelter. She is very affectionate, loyal and loving to me. She loves being outdoors and hunts chipmunks and she is very good at it. My neighbours complained that they do not enjoy watching my cat killing chipmunks and I must say I totally understand their concern. So, I put a chain with a bell around my cat's neck. Now, when she goes hunting the chipmunks can hear my cat coming and run for cover. My cat is not evil or bad, she merely follows her nature' instinct. Peace in my neighbourhood has been reestablished and all is well again. Simple solution!

14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to applepie For This Post:

Art (17th November 2016), CO2 (17th November 2016), gord (17th November 2016), GrnEggsNHam (17th November 2016), KiwiElf (17th November 2016), littleOne (17th November 2016), Matt P (17th November 2016), Nan (17th November 2016), raff (17th November 2016), Savannah (19th November 2016), TargeT (17th November 2016)

15. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member mojo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,427 times in 5,645 posts

You might put a small collar and bell on the cat to help warn the prey.

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to mojo For This Post:

CO2 (17th November 2016), drneglector (18th November 2016), gord (17th November 2016), GrnEggsNHam (17th November 2016), kirolak (17th November 2016), lucidity (17th November 2016), Matina (18th November 2016), Matt P (17th November 2016), PurpleLama (17th November 2016), TargeT (17th November 2016)

17. Link to Post #11
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,082 times in 4,764 posts

Real hunters will tend to lose the collar with the bell, while the prissy ones may relish it.

18. Link to Post #12
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

Cats are incapable of murder ... my goodness. Killing small animals is just what they do - how nature intended.

Cat's "play" and "kill" instincts are closely tied - kittens learn to to hunt and kill through their instinct for "play" that is strong with them as kittens -- it's how "God" made them to be successful as a species. When a cat brings you a half eaten bird / rodent and tries to bring it in your house to your bed, or at least drops it off in front of the door, it is the highest form of appreciation your cat can gesture towards you - it is you cat attempting to "pull his weight" and should be treated as such - cat scolded for such actions will resent you for rejecting their gift. (Just say "good kitty!" and quickly dispose of any remains - this will make you cat love you even more)

Many cats are "mean" to dogs when given the opportunity -- but it goes both ways - almost all dogs will chase an evading cat; the variable is just which animal has less fear, and cats do well in this arena, hence them being able to thwart bears and alligators, sometimes.

90% of people who own cats don't understand them. At all. Cats are not like dogs. They are not domesticated in the sense that a dog is domesticated at all -- they are still mostly a wild animal, but a highly individually adaptable and social one, hence why they make good pets. An indicator to support my claim that "cats are not domesticated like dogs" comes from their morphology; cats are all the same shape and roughly the same size (with the exception of a couple old specialty breeds). Dogs come in all shapes and sizes, yet are the same species -- this is a direct result of domestication, as seen somewhat replicated in lines of domesticated foxes. Cats are adaptable and opportunistic - this is why they get along so well with humans. Ever notice a cat will get together far better with strange humans than with strange cats? Humans feed cats. Other cats don't feed other cats, unless they are close friends.

I get the sense that you don't understand cats that well - your cat is not murderous. It is just a regular cat, doing what they do. If you ever get the chance, watch a show called "My Cat from Hell" - after watching about about 4 episodes it becomes clear that 90% of peoples issues with their cats has to do with the owners not properly understanding cats. They are completely different from dogs, and they have to be accepted as they are -- still partially wild; this said, they are easy to get along with, but you have to know them to have a good relationship with them.

I had a cat once bring me home a freshly killed grouse early in the morning. Just killed it and dropped it off on the porch for me to eat. Best cat in the world! (of course I didn't eat it, but very well could have ... grouse are good eating )
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

19. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Alekahn2 (17th November 2016), Cara (17th November 2016), cascadian (17th November 2016), drneglector (18th November 2016), EFO (21st November 2016), Franny (17th November 2016), ginnyk (17th November 2016), gord (17th November 2016), Happyjak (17th November 2016), Holly Lindin (17th November 2016), kirolak (17th November 2016), KiwiElf (17th November 2016), littleOne (17th November 2016), Magnus (17th November 2016), Nan (17th November 2016), PurpleLama (17th November 2016), Savannah (19th November 2016), TargeT (17th November 2016), Wind (17th November 2016)

20. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Quote Posted by applepie (here)
    Peace in my neighbourhood has been reestablished and all is well again.
    What about the poor frustrated cat?

I own a lot of horses (hell, a lot of animals) My horses dietary needs are COMPLETELY met by me, zero grazing is needed... but psychologically its HIGHLY needed, it relaxes them and clearly effects their mood (and health, as their intestines are not designed to be fed "twice a day by humans" but to be constantly processing vegetable matter).

I think, in general, humans are very arrogant, we always want to dominate and change things to our liking (or worse, what we think "is best") when we SHOULD be observing how things function and fitting our self into that system in a complementary way. I strive to live that way as much as I can & for the most part it's "better" than before when I was less observant & analytical.

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction.... some would say a "consequence" and we humans are GREAT at "unintended consequences".
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

21. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

13th Warrior (17th November 2016), Alekahn2 (17th November 2016), Art (17th November 2016), Cara (17th November 2016), DeDukshyn (17th November 2016), drneglector (18th November 2016), ginnyk (17th November 2016), gord (17th November 2016), GrnEggsNHam (17th November 2016), Happyjak (17th November 2016), Holly Lindin (17th November 2016), kirolak (17th November 2016), littleOne (17th November 2016), Magnus (17th November 2016), Matt P (17th November 2016), Nan (17th November 2016), Omi (17th November 2016), Pam (17th November 2016), Savannah (19th November 2016), sunpaw (17th November 2016)

22. Link to Post #14
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by applepie (here)
    Peace in my neighbourhood has been reestablished and all is well again.
    What about the poor frustrated cat?

I own a lot of horses (hell, a lot of animals) My horses dietary needs are COMPLETELY met by me, zero grazing is needed... but psychologically its HIGHLY needed, it relaxes them and clearly effects their mood (and health, as their intestines are not designed to be fed "twice a day by humans" but to be constantly processing vegetable matter).

I think, in general, humans are very arrogant, we always want to dominate and change things to our liking (or worse, what we think "is best") when we SHOULD be observing how things function and fitting our self into that system in a complementary way. I strive to live that way as much as I can & for the most part it's "better" than before when I was less observant & analytical.

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction.... some would say a "consequence" and we humans are GREAT at "unintended consequences".

I recently had to make the unwanted decision to force my two cats to full indoor status. They've basically since gone retarded. Seriously, OCD already starting to set in. Cats need large territories to perform optimally.

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

kirolak (17th November 2016), Magnus (17th November 2016), Matt P (17th November 2016), TargeT (17th November 2016)

24. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    I recently had to make the unwanted decision to force my two cats to full indoor status. They've basically since gone retarded. Seriously, OCD already starting to set in. Cats need large territories to perform optimally.
    I have a mongoose in a live trap sitting next to me right now (way worse than just stuck inside unfortunately), at times she paces incessantly (this is called stereotypic behavior, it's a BAD sign for the psychology of the animal)

I'm attempting to tame the mongoose, but if I don't see any progress soon I'll let her free.... it's probably about the most obvious sign that the situation with the animal needs to change (super common in zoos).
    Where are you?

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Alekahn2 (17th November 2016), Art (17th November 2016), DeDukshyn (17th November 2016), gord (17th November 2016), Magnus (17th November 2016)

26. Link to Post #16
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I have a mongoose in a live trap sitting next to me right now (way worse than just stuck inside unfortunately), at times she paces incessantly (this is called stereotypic behavior, it's a BAD sign for the psychology of the animal)

I'm attempting to tame the mongoose, but if I don't see any progress soon I'll let her free.... it's probably about the most obvious sign that the situation with the animal needs to change (super common in zoos).
    I watched this great documentary once on cats, and if given the space and freedom, the average male tom house cat will mark out a territory of "trail" of about 1 mile in length (or was it a square mile?) that covers an area, usually in a loop that ends up back at their "home". They will walk this path every day, and defend their territory from other animals and other cats, and it serves as their personal hunting / playground. Given this, a cat is really adapting from its desired norm to be able to reasonably live happy with an "indoor" status - a testament to their incredible adaptability. I'm sure my cats will survive, but one of them has started to make "long routes" to get from certain points to others in the house. I guess to make the place "feel" bigger. A bit funny to watch him when he's in a hurry, still often take the "long" route.

27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Alekahn2 (17th November 2016), gord (17th November 2016), Holly Lindin (17th November 2016), Magnus (17th November 2016), TargeT (17th November 2016), Wind (17th November 2016)

28. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

I watched this great documentary once on cats, and if given the space and freedom, the average male tom house cat will mark out a territory of "trail" of about 1 mile in length (or was it a square mile?) that covers an area, usually in a loop that ends up back at their "home". They will walk this path every day, and defend their territory from other animals and other cats, and it serves as their personal hunting / playground.
    I'd say a domesticated cat that gets food from a house may have a territory of 1 square mile or larger, we work with feral cats & leverage this, fixing and releasing male strays helps to keep the population in control as they WILL defend their territory and the females with in it

Feral cats have been known to have a territory of up to 1,351 acres
    ... MASSIVE!
    Where are you?

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Alekahn2 (17th November 2016), DeDukshyn (17th November 2016), Magnus (17th November 2016), NancyV (17th November 2016), Wind (17th November 2016)

30. Link to Post #18
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,692 times in 8,940 posts

My daughter and I are having a brawl about these cat killers. We came up with this within a few seconds:

CO2 you may need some O2
    To think it through

Quick take a pill
    Before the kitty cat kills

And don't go bezerk
    While he purrs
    And peels off your furs

Don't be so blind
    To the warning signs
    Of the dead mouse on your floor
    And what waits behind your door

Anyhow, we had a good time.. When our cat was alive, she would not chase mice and birds because she had a small bell on her neck so animals would be warned, but she would chase cicadas, and bring them in the house still alive, and throw them at me. I knew it was a nice gifty from her, however I would jump and scream every single time. Despite this, she still kept pitching cicadas at me. And we loved her for her purring, her hugging, her eating grass and throwing it up, and her true hunter nature.
    Last edited by Flash; 17th November 2016 at 03:17.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

31. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

DeDukshyn (17th November 2016), KiwiElf (17th November 2016), littleOne (17th November 2016), Nan (17th November 2016), raff (17th November 2016), wondering (19th November 2016)

32. Link to Post #19
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,930 times in 428 posts

Quote Posted by Althena (here)
    Quote Posted by PurpleLama (here)
    I'm with you, I don't get it. Asking why a cat is a predator??
    I agree..

Cats are predators and they can seem very cruel from our point of view. I see no need for surprise, it's something that should be accepted as a reality.
    The gene for the killing is actually instinct because cats are predators and carnivores that do not kill because they are evil or mentally ill but because it is part of their nature.
    Through plaing with prey, younger cats often learn hunting.
    Last edited by Isserley; 17th November 2016 at 07:03.
    Is every mind connected to form a peer to peer network that creates the illusion of a shared reality, making the appearance of material reality a simulation created through shared beliefs?

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Isserley For This Post:

gord (18th November 2016), KiwiElf (17th November 2016), littleOne (17th November 2016), TargeT (17th November 2016)

34. Link to Post #20
    New Zealand Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,520 times in 5,690 posts

Your cat is perfectly "normal" - that's what cats "do" - swap it for a goldfish!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast