Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 5 8 LastLast

Thread: Not Quite Farewell

1. Link to Post #81
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,659 times in 8,694 posts

Default Re: Not Quite Farewell

Quote Posted by W.M.
    Look, people are frightened. Terrified. Children are afraid their parents will be taken from them. People are afraid that they will be beaten, rounded up, and imprisoned for practicing their religion. People are afraid they will lose their health care and social security. People are afraid of war. I have friends in the Ukraine who are seriously concerned for their lives and loved ones. It does not matter if you agree with their reasons. Our brothers and sisters are afraid.
    But why is this the case?

This is the best and most powerful year for perspective manipulation I've ever seen.

We have people who are genuinely terrified, who take to the streets to protest (and can get a bit carried away) over this fear.

But what IS this fear? we have zero contextual and historical examples to back this fear up, it's based on postulation and proselytization; yet is so powerful that it has people taking actual action in against what they fear may happen. (The fears may come true in the future, I happen to not think they will not).

The things I'm hearing today SHOULD have been said about Bush 2, but weren't (from a historical point of view I think they should have been said... hind sight is 20/20 etc..).

Now is the time for strong division, there has to be a reason for it; nothing like this is organic,,, not at THIS scale. THIS SHOULD BE THE FOCUS! <- (IMO)

Look at the energy taken up on the forum lately with these topics (I definitely contributed to it).

I think we are seeing the play out of a complex end game that is going exactly according to plan, I've been in this community a while and never seen sparks fly quite like this (there were a few times... haha). Even this forum is seemingly drawing lines along the current political divide.

I am deeply sorry that this has effected you as much as it has Whiskey, I'll put you up for a vacation in the tropics if you buy the plane ticket... blow some steam off, come somewhere that none of this SH*T matters... I've got a spare room

I'm partial to Jameson myself, but I'm sure we could find some common ground

I put myself on a P.A. Vacation not too long ago, maybe that's in order. Either way, Love your contributions and I hope you hang around.

Quote Posted by Whiskey_Mystic (here)
    We respond without engaging and getting caught up in the conflict. Because to oppose the other is to give it energy. To focus on it is to enhance it.
    we are seeing the opposite of this currently, all around.

If that's Taoism, then I must be an unintentional practitioner (or at least strive to be).
    Last edited by TargeT; 20th November 2016 at 22:54.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

DNA (22nd November 2016), Eram (21st November 2016), Ewan (21st November 2016), Flash (21st November 2016), genevieve (21st November 2016), greybeard (21st November 2016), lake (20th November 2016), Matthew (22nd November 2016), RunningDeer (21st November 2016), T Smith (27th November 2016), Whiskey_Mystic (28th November 2016)

3. Link to Post #82
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,551 times in 3,482 posts

Can't see how calling out a fellow member is enriching. Amazing how cruel humans can be once they decide someone has done wrong in some way. Humiliation...nope you'll get no good-byes from me.
    Never give up on your silly, silly dreams.

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little BIGGER, darling.

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

animovado (30th November 2016), Bill Ryan (20th November 2016), Chester (21st November 2016), Eram (21st November 2016), genevieve (21st November 2016), greybeard (21st November 2016), Omni (21st November 2016), RunningDeer (21st November 2016), Shannon (23rd November 2016), sheme (22nd November 2016), Sierra (21st November 2016), TargeT (20th November 2016)

5. Link to Post #83
    United States Avalon Member Whiskey_Mystic's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,200 times in 1,024 posts

Hey look, some smart people! *points*

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...ms-so-obvious-
    "We sit together, the mountain and me, until only the mountain remains." -Li Po

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Whiskey_Mystic For This Post:

animovado (30th November 2016), Bill Ryan (20th November 2016), Chester (21st November 2016), DeDukshyn (20th November 2016), Dennis Leahy (21st November 2016), Eram (21st November 2016), genevieve (21st November 2016), Shannon (23rd November 2016), Sierra (21st November 2016), TargeT (20th November 2016)

7. Link to Post #84
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,528 times in 32,788 posts

Quote Posted by Innocent Warrior (here)
    Can't see how calling out a fellow member is enriching. Amazing how cruel humans can be once they decide someone has done wrong in some way. Humiliation...nope you'll get no good-byes from me.
    A gentle clarification: Whiskey didn't call out the fellow member (Althena). He called out his set of opinions, based on what he said. That's not quite the same thing.

It was me who made the decision to unsubscribe him, and then publicly explain why.

We have to 'call someone out' when we unsubscribe them, or else it'd be like East Germany in the 60s (or Stalin's Russia) when people would just silently disappear in the middle of the night. The Moderator Actions thread was created to provide that transparency. But to be transparent, we have to name names, and provide explanations for our decisions.

It's a hard balance to get right, as you know from your own experience as a moderator (a time which we all valued and appreciated greatly! ). When we decide that someone no longer properly belongs in this community -- taking everything into account, which we always try to do if we can -- then it's no minor thing to stress that we really DO wish them well. And, we do.

8. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

animovado (30th November 2016), BMJ (22nd November 2016), ceetee9 (22nd November 2016), Chester (21st November 2016), Curt (21st November 2016), Dennis Leahy (21st November 2016), Eram (21st November 2016), genevieve (21st November 2016), greybeard (21st November 2016), Hervé (21st November 2016), Innocent Warrior (21st November 2016), lastlegs (21st November 2016), neutronstar (20th November 2016), RunningDeer (21st November 2016), Shannon (23rd November 2016), Sierra (21st November 2016), Sophocles (21st November 2016), sunpaw (21st November 2016), Whiskey_Mystic (28th November 2016)

9. Link to Post #85
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

From my perspective, if it's any worth, I personally began avoiding Althena's threads and even some posts; I personally just felt that the majority of the content would just be "liberal bashing" or "democrat bashing" because that always seemed to be a main point in nearly every thread and most posts. Many, many posts by respected members with gentle reminders about how the two party system is a farce and the sides are not relevant fell on completely deaf ears. Blatantly and consistently marketing one's political alignment is far beneath the expectations of proper use of Avalon's platform in my opinion. Althena, for a year, refused to consider that maybe his attitude was exactly the expectation in reaction that the rulers have, so they can keep doing their thing, despite many opportunities for careful consideration of this.

The somewhat sad part about the way Althena posted was that if he'd just left out his consistent and incredibly slanted "opinions" in his posts, often the topic and remainder of the content was appropriate. Then again, the flip side of that is he was using acceptable stories / topics, to interject slanted political "opinions" (often blatant generalized attacks against certain groups of people).

It has been exactly the same ever since I read the first of his posts. This clearly was not a decision of a single post, but a single post has to be the straw that breaks the camel's back. It was the right decision, in my opinion; without regard to consideration of Whiskey's complaint, or "the post" in general.

My 2 cents.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 21st November 2016 at 00:30. Reason: accuracy
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

10. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

animovado (30th November 2016), Bill Ryan (21st November 2016), ceetee9 (22nd November 2016), Chester (21st November 2016), Curt (21st November 2016), Dennis Leahy (21st November 2016), Eram (21st November 2016), Ewan (21st November 2016), genevieve (21st November 2016), greybeard (21st November 2016), Hervé (21st November 2016), lastlegs (21st November 2016), Octavusprime (21st November 2016), RunningDeer (21st November 2016), Shannon (23rd November 2016), Sierra (21st November 2016), Sophocles (21st November 2016), Sueanne47 (21st November 2016), sunpaw (21st November 2016), T Smith (27th November 2016), TargeT (20th November 2016), ThePythonicCow (21st November 2016)

11. Link to Post #86
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,551 times in 3,482 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by Innocent Warrior (here)
    A gentle clarification: Whiskey didn't call out the fellow member (Althena). He called out his set of opinions, based on what he said. That's not quite the same thing.

It was me who made the decision to unsubscribe him, and then publicly explain why.

We have to 'call someone out' when we unsubscribe them, or else it'd be like East Germany in the 60s (or Stalin's Russia) when people would just silently disappear in the middle of the night. The Moderator Actions thread was created to provide that transparency. But to be transparent, we have to name names, and provide explanations for our decisions.

It's a hard balance to get right, as you know from your own experience as a moderator (a time which we all valued and appreciated greatly! ). When we decide that someone no longer properly belongs in this community -- taking everything into account, which we always try to do if we can -- then it's no minor thing to stress that we really DO wish them well. And, we do.
    I didn't know he was unsubscribed and was referring to the quote in the OP of this thread. Perhaps I'm the only one who has a problem with that, probably, it's making an example of Althena AND his opinions, mentioning the opinions alone would have sufficed.

I know how much care you put into all the decisions you make, Bill, I have zero problem with yours and the mods' actions. Thank you for the clarification.
    Never give up on your silly, silly dreams.

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little BIGGER, darling.

12. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

animovado (30th November 2016), Bill Ryan (21st November 2016), BMJ (22nd November 2016), ceetee9 (22nd November 2016), Chester (21st November 2016), Dennis Leahy (21st November 2016), Eram (21st November 2016), genevieve (21st November 2016), greybeard (21st November 2016), RunningDeer (21st November 2016), Shannon (23rd November 2016), Sierra (21st November 2016), Sophocles (21st November 2016)

13. Link to Post #87
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,038 times in 1,437 posts

Quote Posted by Eram (here)

Yet, there is an almost intuitive recognition by also the less educated part of society, that we are nearing a culmination point and that in order to get to the right side of this, is not possible to reach with love and compassion.

Evil does not always allow us these tools to be the end of our repertoire.
    I respectfully disagree. Evil and Good are merely concepts. They do not exist outside of the consciousness that creates them. The Sun shines upon the Earth. This is neither good nor evil. A cheetah kills and eats a gazelle. This is neither good nor evil. An earthquake decimates a village. This is neither good nor evil.
    Well, then allow me to respectfully disagree right back at you.

Good and evil are human invented "subjective" words to describe the difference between all actions that promote evolution and devolution.

In your three examples to showcase the lack of good and evil, you forgot to implement the universally present force in all live to evolve toward a future with less friction toward all the laws that keep reality in place.

Every thought, emotion and action to promote this growth, could be named good and every thought, emotion and action to hinder this growth good be named evil.

In this context, a simple example to make this more visible is:
    To love a child, to make it comfortable with the world(s) around it, to give it grounded self esteem, opportunity to ask questions, to learn and educate, to understand and apply and grow up to be a responsible caretaker of life is good in comparison a situation where you hinder this child in every way imaginable to achieve these goals, which you could label as evil.

When one performs an exorcism or clearing of "negative" spirits, the least productive method is by labeling an entity as "evil" and confronting it as such. The effortless way is to approach it without judgement and understand it. Transform it as in a Tonglen type of practice. Those of you who have studied Aikido are probably familiar with this. Ice to water. Water to gas. The entire universe is enfolded within you. Dissolve it there.

I am no pacifist. I am a pragmatist. I also know that at the end of these lives it does not matter who shot you or why. It doesn't matter that your village was burned to the ground. It is extremely important and all-encompassing right up until that last moment of life. And then it is not. The only thing that matters then is who you have become as a result of the choices that you have made. In a thousand thousand lifetimes, the details are inconsequential.

My Teacher has said to me that we notice the alien invasion with the same amount of alarm that we notice that we are almost out of milk. We notice and we respond, but without getting caught up in the drama. We respond without engaging and getting caught up in the conflict. Because to oppose the other is to give it energy. To focus on it is to enhance it.

Remember how casually Neo combated the Smith at the end of The Matrix once he had awakened to his true nature? Intent of purpose, but without malice.

When the Buddha sat under the Bodhi Tree, an army of demons arose to oppose Him. They threw rocks at Him. The rocks transformed into flowers and fell at His feet.
    Yes, it's a very good thing to learn to train and balance the emotions to the point that whatever happens in and around us no longer effect us in ways that spin us out of control. This is what the beautiful story "where the wild things are" is all about, to learn and balance the emotional forces within us.

By the way, I love your analogy of the sour milk and an alien invasion.
    You used it before on this forum and it stuck with me ever since use it often when I try to explain this concept to others.

So to bring it back to the good and evil discussion.
    Yes, things are coming to a culmination point and many many people sense it in one way or the other.

And to bring a famous quote to the table:
    “Silence in the face of evil is itself evil.
    Not to speak is to speak.
    Not to act is to act.”

`Dietrich Bonhoeffer

It is time to rise up and make ourselves heard.
    To overcome our laziness, passiveness and feelings of powerlessness and make a difference for the better in this world, in every way to fits us best.
    Last edited by Eram; 21st November 2016 at 06:13.
    hylozoic tenet: “Consciousness sleeps in the stone, dreams in the plant, awakens in the animal, and becomes self-conscious in man.”

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Eram For This Post:

Daozen (21st November 2016), Flash (21st November 2016), greybeard (21st November 2016), lastlegs (21st November 2016), RunningDeer (21st November 2016), sheme (22nd November 2016), Sierra (21st November 2016), Whiskey_Mystic (28th November 2016), Wind (21st November 2016)

15. Link to Post #88
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

I haven't read most of the posts in this thread, as I have effectively retired myself from this forum but fully agree with the OP. There is a group of highly vociferous and opinionated, and pretty right-wing, members of this forum who assume everyone agrees with their highly biased rants. The one mentioned by the OP is one but there are a bunch of others - you know who you are - who think anyone who doesn't agree with them is naive or stupid or a paid shill. I occasionally check any UFO/ET related stuff but never log in - this will be the one and only exception - and ignore the politically motivated ones - as I say mostly the usual suspects involved and all of a similar slant. I did take a peek a few weeks ago and practicaly all the latest threads were of that nature. Maybe I'm wrong but it has to be a reasonable assumption that the mods here and even the site owner agrees with the bigots. Now I'm sure there are many members who don't but here's the deal. For me - I did read one or two early posts in this thread on the lines of "don't throw out the baby with the bathwater" but this is missing the point. I don't wish to be a member of the same forum as some PA members. I'm damn glad I don't live next door to some of these guys or I'd have to move. That's me done - I had practically retired myself anyway and never posted much either. Bye. Don't anyone bother responding as I won't be reading it.

16. Link to Post #89
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

I have thought about how I respond to posts that push my buttons.

First I try my best to be in the other shoes--very often I get their point of view and if I was them I would feel the same way.
    However this may not be the way I feel at my core.
    My response then is probably modified.

Fortunately I can separate the post from the poster--- I dont automatically thank or agree with all of a post just because a friend is the poster.
    There have been times I have totally disagree with a post by a friend, or some one I have high regard for. this does not change my fondness or respect for the person.
    Sometimes some one who normally pushes my buttons comes up with a brilliant post which I enjoy immensely, I may be drawn to comment or at least thank.

Life would be boring if we were all on the same page--in fact there would be little interaction on Avalon if we were of one mind.

Chris

Ps my core evaluation of a post is--does this raise or lower collective consciousness?
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

17. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Anchor (21st November 2016), Bob (21st November 2016), ceetee9 (22nd November 2016), Daozen (21st November 2016), Eram (21st November 2016), Ewan (21st November 2016), Heart-2-Heart (21st November 2016), Pam (29th November 2016), RunningDeer (21st November 2016), Shannon (23rd November 2016), Sierra (21st November 2016), TargeT (21st November 2016), Whiskey_Mystic (22nd November 2016)

18. Link to Post #90
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,814 times in 3,730 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Yes - we have come a long way as a forum. There was a phase when we were a bit like that and it was against the forum policy to challenge the mods

Look how far we have come. Anyone here still remember the early days (I'm thinking 08, 09...) when we banned people ? We tried all sorts of stuff - the worst was "infraction" points and sliding scales of penalties - almost cringe-making to recall to be honest.

Happy to say, in hindsight we were not very good at it and the whole process just set off more forest fires. I know because I caused a few myself and it was just one reactionary mess after another. On top of that Avalon was for a while quite the target for trolls, wielding that ban-hammer was frequent hard work and you got to be the focus of a lot of harsh words for your troubles.

Then on top of all that, you end up being taken to task over both banning to many people and at the same time not banning enough - impossible.

I would not change that experience for anything, but sure would not want to repeat it, nor see it repeated.

This forum has achieve an excellent balance I think - a lot more mature and the transparency is great.

And you know what?

People still have problems with it.

.... and I think that is OK too - the day we all agree on everything is the day we don't really need to be alive on this planet and it will be time to go and get our lessons elsewhere.
    -- Let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all --

19. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Anchor For This Post:

animovado (30th November 2016), Eram (21st November 2016), greybeard (21st November 2016), Heart-2-Heart (21st November 2016), Hervé (21st November 2016), Kate (25th November 2016), RunningDeer (21st November 2016), Shannon (23rd November 2016), Sierra (21st November 2016), Sophocles (21st November 2016), TargeT (21st November 2016), Wind (21st November 2016)

20. Link to Post #91
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

Yes Anchor those days are well remembered, however in hindsight it was part of the evolution of Avalon and I agree with everything you have posted here.
    In truth I doubt if any other forum could have done any better,
    If I drank I would toast Avalon--"Heres to the future. Wha's Like Us"

Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Eram (21st November 2016), RunningDeer (21st November 2016), Shannon (23rd November 2016), Sueanne47 (21st November 2016), TargeT (21st November 2016)

22. Link to Post #92
    England Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,327 times in 899 posts

I agree with Kemo, there are some people on the forum without love in their heart, who 'you can only get on with if you agree with them 100%'... if you disagree, you're likely to get a sarcastic backlash. I'm all for anyone to call me out if I'm wrong...I'm on a learning journey still. After the election I foolishly posted "we have trump, brexit, now we need Marine le pen" (I didnt know at the time that Marine le Pen was a national front fascist leader! and I'm not that fond of trump either now that I found out about him).

We just have to hold our breath for 10 seconds before pressing the 'send' button!.

23. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sueanne47 For This Post:

Eram (21st November 2016), greybeard (21st November 2016), Holly Lindin (21st November 2016), Pam (29th November 2016), RunningDeer (21st November 2016), Sierra (21st November 2016), Whiskey_Mystic (21st November 2016), wondering (21st November 2016)

24. Link to Post #93
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,300 times in 18,139 posts

Quote Posted by Sueanne47 (here)
    I agree with Kemo, there are some people on the forum without love in their heart, who 'you can only get on with if you agree with them 100%'... if you disagree, you're likely to get a sarcastic backlash. I'm all for anyone to call me out if I'm wrong...I'm on a learning journey still. After the election I foolishly posted "we have trump, brexit, now we need Marine le pen" (I didnt know at the time that Marine le Pen was a national front fascist leader! and I'm not that fond of trump either now that I found out about him).

We just have to hold our breath for 10 seconds before pressing the 'send' button!.
    Quote without love in their heart, who 'you can only get on with if you agree with them 100%’…
    Yes, Sueanne47, sarcasm* is caustic. (shiver) There are times when I start to respond then realize that my words come from heavy judgement. So I pass. Other times, I consider the source and move on.

To your point of without love in their heart, who 'you can only get on with if you agree with them 100%’, sometimes it’s not that they don’t have love in their heart, it’s their level of awareness. What clouds them is how they allow ego be the talker.

One of the cool things about Avalon is I’ve watched how some shake out of the engrained, acid responses. They’ve softened their approach. What was once a jagged blast is now easily understood and considered.

* intended, hurtful sarcasm
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 21st November 2016 at 14:47.

25. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Eram (21st November 2016), greybeard (21st November 2016), Mandala (21st November 2016), Shannon (23rd November 2016), Sierra (21st November 2016), sunpaw (26th November 2016), TargeT (21st November 2016), wondering (23rd November 2016)

26. Link to Post #94
    Thanks

I just got a jagged blast from Herve : https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1115482

With some people, you can just 'feel' their anger towards you. I try to avoid them as much as I can (I have about 6 here). I wouldnt stay here if it wasnt for the great friends I've found that make living worthwhile.

27. Link to Post #95
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 times in 765 posts

I was a bit sad for CO2 that he was banned, he was such a kind person, he probably didn't even know he was unfit for Avalon. I've seen people in my friends list banned after I came back from a 6 month break. No one knows who could be next, maybe me, maybe you.

Mods and Bill don't see this as a critic please, I agree with whatever your decisions may be on the forum.

28. Link to Post #96
    United States Avalon Member Mandala's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,270 times in 869 posts

For what it may be worth, probably not much, I have been around for quite a while also. One thing I will say is that Bill and the mods do a better job than most of the forums out there moderating what goes on in this forum. This one still has dignity and class, while many or the others are mean, critical, divisive and downright vulgar.

We are a microcosm of the larger aspect of our world. We need to understand the power of our words. Words are often the first weapon drawn in a war. They can maim, harm, ruin trust and alienate people. Sarcasm can be witty and clever, but can also be the catalyst for crushing compromise and actually listening to others points of view.

We have a responsibility for policing our words and ourselves. It is up to us to be civil or to act as reptilians.

This election has been the meanest I've ever seen, and has brought out the worst in so many people. I reframed from using social media of any kind, posting any comments about my political views or trying to get others to see my viewpoint.

I was not really happy with the candidates running for office; however, we are in a tough spot. I have to believe everything happens for a reason and everyone on this timeline is going to experience this.

Lets stop being so full of hate and deal with the situation we have in the best possible manner.

Think, Listen, Speak, Listen
    With Peace and Love, Mandala
    "Be the change you wish to see." Mahatma Gandhi

29. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mandala For This Post:

Basho (21st November 2016), Foxie Loxie (21st November 2016), Hazelfern (22nd November 2016), Holly Lindin (21st November 2016), RunningDeer (21st November 2016), Shannon (23rd November 2016), Sierra (21st November 2016), Sueanne47 (21st November 2016), wondering (23rd November 2016)

30. Link to Post #97
    Thanks

Quote Posted by EmEx (here)
    I was a bit sad for CO2 that he was banned, he was such a kind person, he probably didn't even know he was unfit for Avalon. I've seen people in my friends list banned after I came back from a 6 month break. No one knows who could be next, maybe me, maybe you.
    One of my friends was banned as well, this person had a great sense of humour which is what we need.

31. Link to Post #98
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,300 times in 18,139 posts

Quote Posted by Sueanne47 (here)
    I just got a jagged blast from Herve : https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1115482

With some people, you can just 'feel' their anger towards you. I try to avoid them as much as I can (I have about 6 here). I wouldnt stay here if it wasnt for the great friends I've found that make living worthwhile.
    Quote I just got a jagged blast from...
    Quote Would you mind quitting your spreading fear porn? Inform yourself better?
    This feels like an invitation to step in between endearing members. Having only one son, I never had the opportunity to perfect that art.

As for the comment, spreading fear porn, I agree. That's based on how you remind me of me a couple of years ago. In my mind, I believed that I helped get the word out, educate, wake people up. When in reality, though I was not aware of it at the time, it was a way to diffuse my personal fears. That realization was an important one.

Generally speaking, now I cherry pick what I post from sources such as: Cathrine Austin Fitts, Dark Journalist, Joseph P. Farrell and Greg Hunter. Sites/videos such as, X22Report, Christopher Green and Alex Jones, I’ll listen to every now and again because it's all the same with a new date and title. Too, I figured members that are interest will have bookmarked or can run a search.

What was once important to spend hours of study on “stuff” is now a waste of my precious time. My focus is on what feeds growth and balance of self. The rest is for curiosity, entertainment or when I need a coffee break from the real study and life. This is also one of the ways I contribute to the larger.

Last edited by RunningDeer; 21st November 2016 at 18:59.

32. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

animovado (30th November 2016), Basho (21st November 2016), Billy (21st November 2016), ceetee9 (22nd November 2016), Curt (21st November 2016), Foxie Loxie (21st November 2016), greybeard (21st November 2016), Hazelfern (22nd November 2016), Hervé (21st November 2016), Mandala (21st November 2016), Matthew (22nd November 2016), Pam (29th November 2016), peggy englebrake (21st November 2016), Shannon (23rd November 2016), Sierra (21st November 2016), ThePythonicCow (21st November 2016), Wind (21st November 2016), wondering (23rd November 2016)

33. Link to Post #99
    Thanks

But most up to date news ISNT good!!! okay I'll take the hint and wont post any news from now on..

34. Link to Post #100
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,316 times in 10,234 posts

It's the macrocosm of the microcosm of going clear. The mind grasps for solidity via the reflection of that roiling in/out mirror called the ego and external world.

The individual contributive motions and sounds becomes the subtle directions of the baseline noise witnessed by the individual in the point of flow and flux.

Each kernel of corn pops differently than the next. That individual time of change engenders a desire for solidity of grip, usually with little in the way of understanding of the necessity of emptying and flow with the given flux, before the change can unfold.

As the individual undergoes change in times of a less settled nature, and expresses into the world their given moments of change in self, they add their noise, and the micro goes macro.

Existentialism for the world, in any manner, relatively speaking...is going to be a messy affair at best.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

35. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

animovado (1st December 2016), Billy (21st November 2016), Foxie Loxie (21st November 2016), GaelVictor (21st November 2016), greybeard (21st November 2016), Matthew (22nd November 2016), RunningDeer (21st November 2016), Sierra (21st November 2016)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 5 8 LastLast