Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Telluric Currents, Geomorphology, Ley Lines, "Workings" and related

1. Link to Post #1
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,481 times in 1,331 posts

Default Telluric Currents, Geomorphology, Ley Lines, "Workings" and related

I am busy reading Walter Bosley's Empire of the Wheel trilogy of books which links a strange series of seven deaths in San Bernadino in 1915 to
    • the Spiritualist church,
    • the ancient goddess Hecate/Hekate,
    • the Sonora Aero Club,
    • the diaries of Charles Dellschau and the mysterious NYMZA group,
    • Harriman, the railway baron
    • German / Prussian nationalism
    • early signs of "Breakaway Civilizations"
    • Crowley, as both spy and occultist,
    • Harry Houdini, as activist against fake spiritualists,
    • Etta Plaice of The Sundance Kid association,
    • AND TELLURIC CURRENTS

Bosley's research leads him to conclude that the deaths were part of a magical act by a group of spiritualists who in some way are linked to the German group who split from the Sonora Aero Club and are linked to / backed by / directed by NYMZA. He calls this magical act "The San Bernadino Working".

Much of the logic laid out for the connection between these various pieces is driven from the TELLURIC currents in the area and elsewhere in the world. Through these TELLURIC currents, he makes a possible link to the Zodiac killer attacks (I have not read far enough into the third book to outline more).

The books are here on Amazon.

There are some interviews with Walter Bosley linked here on Avalon, though he does not dwell on the TELLURIC currents, rather he focuses more the breakaway civilization and aero club:
    - https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...ey#post1102479
    - https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...ey#post1089669
    - https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...ey#post1077155
    And more if you search for "Walter Bosley"

More in the next post...
    *I have loved the stars too dearly to be fearful of the night*

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Cara For This Post:

3(C)+me (25th November 2016), Basho (29th November 2016), betoobig (25th November 2016), Cartomancer (25th November 2016), ElfeMya (25th November 2016), fourty-two (25th November 2016), Foxie Loxie (25th November 2016), kfm27917 (18th February 2023), mab777 (25th November 2016), Michelle Marie (25th November 2016), Shannon (27th November 2016), Star Tsar (27th September 2017), Sunny-side-up (26th November 2016), uzn (25th November 2016), WalterBosley (2nd January 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Default Re: Telluric Currents, Geomorphology, Ley Lines, "Workings" and related

Continuing from above.....

Several well drawn, detailed maps showing the TELLURIC currents of the area are included in the the Empire of the Wheel first book and some photographs of less detailed ones in the third book.

Bosley draws his TELLURIC current research chiefly from the work of Sesh Heri and in particular, his book "The Handprint of Atlas".

(He also cites the work and some writings done by Tesla and refers to the history of the railway and telegraph industries, where these very low frequency [VLF] properties of the ground were known and used).

The work of Sesh Heri was recommended and cited by Joseph Farrell in one of his books and he wrote blog entries about it:
    Recommending it:
    https://gizadeathstar.com/2007/01/se...ting-new-book/
    Addressing the theory itself:
    https://gizadeathstar.com/2009/09/th...-to-sesh-heri/

Heri seems to have replied at some point:
    http://handprintofatlas.blogspot.ae

This book, Handprint of Atlas, would seem to be interesting and well researched but I can't get it. It has been removed from Amazon and is not available on Abebooks, Book Depository or even on EBay that I can find.

Does anyone have a copy of Handprint of Atlas or can anyone point me to an electronic version somewhere? I see it is listed on various torrent sites but we cannot access torrent sites from the UAE.

I will keep looking and post more on the topic as I find it.

Please share and post any materials, articles, thoughts, etc., you have on the topic of TELLURIC currents and related. Thanks.

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Cara For This Post:

3(C)+me (25th November 2016), abyss (9th June 2022), Basho (29th November 2016), ElfeMya (25th November 2016), Foxie Loxie (25th November 2016), kfm27917 (18th February 2023), Shannon (27th November 2016), Star Tsar (27th September 2017), uzn (25th November 2016), WalterBosley (2nd January 2018)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

WOW! Thanks for all this information, Searcher! It is really appreciated!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Basho (29th November 2016), Cara (29th November 2016), Shannon (27th November 2016), uzn (25th November 2016)

7. Link to Post #4
    Australia Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,979 times in 1,165 posts

Sesh Heri mentions the Handprint of Atlas in this video:

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Callista For This Post:

Basho (29th November 2016), Cara (29th November 2016), fourty-two (25th November 2016), Foxie Loxie (25th November 2016), Shannon (27th November 2016), Star Tsar (27th September 2017), sunflower (26th November 2016)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Thanks Callista...what an interesting video! I don't recall ever hearing about Lake Victoria being a strike point! I DO like his premise of how Tesla became a "non person". Because he was a "foreigner" he was ill treated by Thomas Edison; at least that is what I have read. One can learn so much on Avalon!

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Basho (29th November 2016), Cara (29th November 2016), kfm27917 (18th February 2023), Shannon (27th November 2016), Star Tsar (27th September 2017)

11. Link to Post #6
    Australia Avalon Member Patrikas's Avatar
    Thanks

Eric Dollard has replicated many of Teslas devices and currently building a Telluric project in California using Telluric currents for an advanced early warning seismic system,
    http://ericpdollard.com/tag/telluric/

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Patrikas For This Post:

Cara (29th November 2016), Foxie Loxie (26th November 2016), kfm27917 (18th February 2023), Shannon (27th November 2016), Star Tsar (27th September 2017), Sunny-side-up (26th November 2016)

13. Link to Post #7
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Thanks @Callista, @Foxie Loxie and @Patrikas for your additions - it is indeed a very interesting topic.

@Callista - thanks for the video - I've had a look for Sesh Heri all over and it seems that after his initial time in the "spotlight" a few years ago, he has since withdrawn to a private life.

@Patrikas, I will have to check out Mr Dollard's work - thanks!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Cara For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (29th November 2016)

15. Link to Post #8
    Language
    English
    Thanks

So, here below are some excepts from Walter Bosley's Empire of the Wheel I book.... I will space them out over several posts.

From: Bosley, Walter; Spence, Richard (2011-07-19). Empire of the Wheel: Espionage, The Occult and Murder in Southern California. Corvos Books. Kindle Edition.

Quote It must be remembered that the mystical record of the San Bernardino Valley and all of California begins with the first documented residents and in their lore is found an awareness and respect for hidden properties of the land. Among these properties, it is said, was the Chumash belief in a “Humqaq” or gateway between the realms of the living and dead. In other respects, this “inter-dimensional portal” as it were, functioned as a nodal point for natural and supernatural energy. Cultures around the world, dating back to ancient times, have held similar beliefs. As the Chumash believed, so did the ancient Celts, the classical Greeks and the Egyptians. According to the work of the legendary John Peabody Harrington, and his Chumash sources that included a tribal historian named Maria Qiliqutayiwit, there is much relative to our mystery to be found in the concept of the Chumash ‘Humqaq’.

The notion of the Humqaq and similar pathways resonates with the idea that the Earth is crisscrossed with a virtual grid of natural lines of force and that these lines may radiate from or converge at specific points. Such lines of force can be described as telluric currents or, perhaps more commonly, as “leys” or “ley lines.” In purely electro-magnetic terms, telluric currents are a scientific fact and permeate both sea and land including the Earth’s interior. To emphasize their reality in the reader’s mind, we will examine historically documented use of telluric currents by the United States Navy in a coming chapter.

The magnetic nature of the planet has been in human awareness for a long time, as early possibly as Emperor Hoang Ti in 2400-2300 BCE, and then in the earliest annals of the development of the magnetic compass, Ara Frode wrote in the 11th Century that one Flocke Vilgerdersen used a ‘leidarstein’, or loadstone, to find Iceland in 868 AD. Between 868-1100 AD, magnetic compass technology became known in Europe. Perhaps most pertinent to our research is that of a Captain Creak who, in 1889, wrote of magnetic rocks in the subsea terrain that displayed an affect on the compass. It is this aspect of the earth’s whole terrain, above and below the sea, which plays a role in our story. Changes in Earth's magnetic field induce telluric currents.

From this point forward, the concept of telluric currents becomes prominent in our theory behind this mystery. Telluric currents are electric currents which move under ground and sea. Telluric currents result from both natural causes and human activity, and interact in a complex pattern. The currents are extremely low frequency (ELF) and travel over large areas at or near the surface of Earth. These currents have been used for telegraph systems as early as 1859, and thus were well-known to engineers in 1915. For those familiar with ‘ley lines’, it is easy to see how the two can be mistakenly interchanged.

In their most correct definition, ‘ley lines’ were more or less straight paths linking ancient sites of spiritual significance. In Europe, such lines supposedly connected various cathedrals which themselves had been built on sacred pagan sites. These leys appeared to weave patterns across valleys, through mountain ranges, and spread throughout several countries in alignments so sophisticated as to be unbelievable. But the nature and influence of ley lines remains a controversial topic.
    More in the next post.....

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cara For This Post:

Basho (29th November 2016), fourty-two (30th November 2016), Foxie Loxie (29th November 2016), kfm27917 (18th February 2023), Star Tsar (27th September 2017)

17. Link to Post #9
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Continuing on with the excerpt from Walter Bosley's Empire of the Wheel I - excerpt 2.

From: Bosley, Walter; Spence, Richard (2011-07-19). Empire of the Wheel: Espionage, The Occult and Murder in Southern California. Corvos Books. Kindle Edition.

Quote The first modern investigator of ley lines, as such, was Alfred Watkins of England, whose 1922 book Early British Trackways and the 1925 The Old Straight Track were the first to popularize the concept. Watkins’ critics slammed his idea as ridiculous because he linked together sites and ruins constructed in different eras by different cultures. But his defenders correctly countered that cultures routinely re-use sacred sites developed by earlier or foreign peoples. But did they do so out of habit and practicality or in unconscious response to the same subtle natural energies?

New Age doctrines have since elevated Watkins’ modest discovery to astounding heights. One popular source, Occultopedia defines ley lines as “Alignments and patterns of powerful, invisible earth energy said to connect various sacred sites, such as churches, temples, stone circles, megaliths, holy wells, burial sites, and other locations of spiritual or magical importance…” Ley lines today are widely considered invisible pathways along which travel everything from spirits of the dead to flying saucers. Others argue that ley energy can be tapped, amplified and directed by human actions. In the realm of fiction, Umberto Eco in his Foucault’s Pendulum recounts the theory that the Eiffel Tower and similar monumental structures are deliberately sited at key ley points to concentrate the invisible force. For our purposes it really does not matter whether such ideas are valid or even whether ley lines exist at all. What matters is some people believe that they do and act upon that belief.

Author Sesh Heri, after devoting years of study to geomorphology, believes that he has ascertained the secrets of how telluric currents are formed and how they work. In his book The Handprint of Atlas Heri argues that most of what is commonly referred to as ‘ley lines’ (and what we identify as telluric currents) are actually linear and curvilinear “mass concentrations” or mascons extending across the surface of the earth. The mascons are compression folds created by the motions of continental drift. Heri claims these mascons act as wave guides for ground conducting energies: telluric currents, hertzian radio waves and longitudinal electricity. Heri further believes that mascons are attractors of life energies. Heri gives mundane examples of the clustering of life energies around mascons in such things as the positioning of natural animal breeding habitats and the artificial positioning of fish hatcheries determined by natural spawning areas. Heri also provides beyond mundane, or paranormal, examples of the clustering of life energies around mascons, such as increased psychic perceptions, a preponderance of sites of ancient sacrificial stones and of sites of numerous UFO reports. Intersections of these lines are important, in this theory. The Global Scaling Theory of Dr. Harmut Muller states: “Longitudinal pressure waves in the medium itself are responsible for the local warping of space-time and the clustering of objects near certain nodal points where such waves overlap.”

More than a few researchers have associated the phenomena of the planetary grid lines with anomalous phenomena and placements of ancient sacred sites. Heri adds, “I hypothesize that a high statistical correlation (90% or above) of the regression lines of the scattered sites of UFO sightings, megaliths, and incidents of psychic phenomena with the previously identified straight-line gravity anomalies would establish a relationship other than chance between these various phenomena.”
    and more excepts in the next post....
    Last edited by Cara; 29th November 2016 at 12:33.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cara For This Post:

fourty-two (30th November 2016), Foxie Loxie (29th November 2016), kfm27917 (18th February 2023), Star Tsar (27th September 2017)

19. Link to Post #10
    Language
    English
    Thanks

And continuing on with the excerpt from Walter Bosley's Empire of the Wheel I - excerpt 3:

Quote Heri believes that “ley lines” ultimately conduct the very power generated by the Earth’s rotation. According to him, “Earth mounds, standing stones, and pyramids sited on nodal points of mechanical stress all served the purpose of tapping into a flow of energy drawn from the underlying and interpenetrating etheric substratum of space. The megalithic constructions were designed as both well-springs of this energy and capacitors for its storage-- they were “storehouses,” leys. The storage, use, or controlled release of this energy was governed by many factors, including the changing positions of the gravitational fields of astronomical bodies.”

Joseph Farrell weighs in here. In his book, Babylon’s Banksters (Feral House, 2010), he writes: “The whole point of such longitudinal waves of stress in the medium itself is that they are best established by manipulating their natural resonators: whole planets and stars…The best place for the deployment of such systems is precisely the surface of planets.” We argue that this can also support what Heri says about the ‘storehouse’ concept of leys for, even as Farrell is applying his statement to applications of scalar weaponry, the same concept applies to esoteric or occult magick ‘weaponry’.

While he may not have been familiar with the term “ley lines” at the time, one man who certainly appreciated the power and potential of telluric currents was Nikola Tesla. Perhaps his most famous, if unfulfilled, endeavor, the Wardenclyffe Tower complex on the north shore of Long Island was a deliberate attempt to harness the Earth’s electromagnetic currents with the aim of producing and broadcasting virtually unlimited amounts of electric power around the globe. This is, in fact, startlingly similar to some of the New Age concepts noted above.
    More to come in next post....

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cara For This Post:

fourty-two (1st December 2016), Foxie Loxie (29th November 2016), kfm27917 (18th February 2023), Star Tsar (27th September 2017)

21. Link to Post #11
    Language
    English
    Thanks

And continuing on with the excerpt from Walter Bosley's Empire of the Wheel I - excerpt 4:

Quote Ley, or we identify herein as ‘telluric’, energy, especially following Heri’s logic, would be closely connected to landforms and thus the study of geomorphology. That brings us right back to our prominent spiritualist in 1915 San Bernardino, Orlis Kennedy.
    Orlis Kennedy is one of the people who was "involved" in the seven deaths that are investigated in Empire of the Wheel (see the first post in this thread).

Quote Kennedy, you recall, claimed a special knack in ferreting out oil and predicting earthquakes, talents that may have involved not only his understanding of the lay of the land, but also of the energies running through it. If anyone understood the network of telluric currents running through and around the San Bernardino area, it would have been Kennedy.

Here is why: Telluric current measurements are used for exploring the structure beneath the Earth's surface, especially in mining, geothermal and petroleum exploration. Kennedy was a reputable oil man as we know. Telluric currents are also used for mapping fault zones and investigating plate tectonic boundaries – two elements involved in the cause of earthquakes. Kennedy wrote a book on predicting earthquakes (now missing). Telluric currents can be harnessed to produce a useful low voltage current by means of earth batteries, as used in those 19th Century telegraph systems in the United States. Kennedy likely knew how to identify natural storehouses of telluric current, such as nodal points where these currents intersect and they probably played a significant role in his talent for finding oil. To this day, telluric currents are used in finding oil sources.

Townsend Brown, mostly known for electro-magnetic engineering feats for the US Department of the Navy, also wrote of ‘petrovoltaics’ which involves a method using telluric electric currents which encircle the crust of the Earth at a depth believed to be approximately the same as oil deposits. Due to its lower electrical conductivity, oil distorts the electric field of the belt and causes resonant inductive effects in the surrounding rocks extending to the surface. Rocks sense the oil via inductive resonance regardless of whether they are insulated from the underlying telluric current belt.

Ed Johnson, President of the Orange County based company eField Exploration, reports that his company conducted an aerial survey over 3,100 miles of oil and gas fields in Texas using a developing technology which reveals the location of water and oil down to 20,000 feet or more below the surface. Such "Electro-Magnetotelluric" technology is mounted on an aircraft and uses the latest in computer analysis and systems technology.

According to Johnson: “The eField system detects the presence of hydrocarbons by reading patterns associated with natural electric currents known scientifically as telluric currents which are induced by solar flares and lightning and penetrate deep to the earth's core. Charges effects occur at the interface of water and dissolved hydrocarbons - an effect now called NFIP (Natural Field Induced Polarization) in the literature. The accumulation of these charges and their migration to the surface (seep columns) is mapped by the eField Airborne EMT System.”
    More to come in the next post....

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cara For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (29th November 2016), kfm27917 (18th February 2023), Star Tsar (27th September 2017)

23. Link to Post #12
    Language
    English
    Thanks

And continuing on with the excerpt from Walter Bosley's Empire of the Wheel I - excerpt 5:

Quote Pretty complicated stuff on some levels, yet not really so beyond knowledge in 1915 that an expert like Orlis Kennedy could not have grasped the basic concepts and applied a suitable method of his own to essentially reach the same results. Recall that Kennedy was considered ahead of any peers in his field, so his understanding was advanced. Knowing what we know about Kennedy’s association with the First Spiritualist Temple of San Bernardino, what else might we ask that Kennedy have learned and noted about the energy currents running through the terrain?

Would he have ignored the esoteric interest in these currents?

From an occult standpoint, telluric currents represented both a source of energy and an invisible nexus through which energy could be channeled from one place to another. Ritual magic “workings” conducted on the right spot might theoretically draw on such energy for increased affect. Again, it does not matter is this is true, but that some believed it to be so. Thus, a discernable concentration of telluric ‘ley’ energy would likely be of keen interest to occultists, or at least those of a certain stripe.

Toyne Newton, author of The Dark Worship, writes that “Ley power is probably best described as being akin to a psychic power grid, encompassing a mesh of subterranean forces and linear overground energy paths that link with cosmic and atmospheric influences… Most occultists will acknowledge that there is only one force, which in essence is neutral. The nature of the force, however, is governed by the objectives of the magical operators who are attempting to utilize its considerable power.”

We propose that Newton is using ‘ley’ but actually unwittingly meaning ‘telluric’. As we have demonstrated, it appears very easy to confuse the concepts in spite of the strict definition one might impose. Either way, we are talking about a measurable force running through the terrain of the Earth just ready to be utilized.

If the occultist using the energy does so with detrimental intentions, the energy will be negative, theoretically. Electricity simply is, it is the electrical appliance using that energy that determines the nature of that use, i.e. an electric knife can be deadly, an electric toothbrush is relatively harmless.

In The Handprint of Atlas, Sesh Heri also describes how telluric energy tends to radiate out in sinuous lines from a central point forming a circular, spiral pattern. Looked at another way, the radiating lines can resemble a wheel.
    All these excepts come from Chapter 13 of the book Empire of the Wheel.

Through the rest of the book and the next two in series, Bosley refers to the telluric system for much of his reasoning in how he explores the seven deaths. He occasionally adds additional details here and there about telluric currents but this part excerpted above seems to be the main core of his discussion of telluric currents.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cara For This Post:

fourty-two (1st December 2016), Foxie Loxie (29th November 2016), kfm27917 (18th February 2023), Star Tsar (27th September 2017)

25. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Thanks so much, Searcher, for all these postings....most kind of you!!

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Cara (30th November 2016), fourty-two (1st December 2016)

27. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

Speaking of Tesla and Houdini, I recently watched a Christopher Nolan film - The Prestige http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0482571/

Tesla is played by David Bowie. Your description of leylines and invisible pathways reminded of this compelling film.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lilac For This Post:

Cara (30th November 2016), ElfeMya (30th November 2016), Star Tsar (27th September 2017)

29. Link to Post #15
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Foxie Loxie (here)
    Thanks so much, Searcher, for all these postings....most kind of you!!
    No problem. Or as the locals in Dubai say "you're welcome"

I have found it difficult to find good, clear articulation of the ideas and theories of leylines and TELLURIC currents, which is why I found Bosley's summary and focus on this area in his books so helpful.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cara For This Post:

ElfeMya (30th November 2016), Foxie Loxie (25th December 2016)

31. Link to Post #16
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by lilac (here)
    Speaking of Tesla and Houdini, I recently watched a Christopher Nolan film - The Prestige http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0482571/

Tesla is played by David Bowie. Your description of leylines and invisible pathways reminded of this compelling film.
    Thank you @lilac. Looks like an interesting film, I'll have to look for it on iTunes and Netflix.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cara For This Post:

ElfeMya (30th November 2016), fourty-two (1st December 2016)

33. Link to Post #17
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Here is some comment and speculation on Ley Lines and Telluric Currents from That Old Blood Track posted on VISUP:

//
    In theory as human beings appeared and evolved they noticed certain numerical formulas appearing over and over again in nature and that certain places (usually marked by a specific kind of name) generated a kind of unique energy, or magnetism. It was at these spots that they built the first temples, measured to the exact specifics of the sacred geometry they had observed in nature. From there it was determined the optimum time to perform magick rituals would be on numerically significant dates and magnetically significant locations. This magnetic energy occurred along paths or tracks that ran across the Earth and overlapping at various crossroads, which were the preferred locations of holy centers. In modern times this phenomenon was first recognized by an Englishman named Alfred Watkins in the early 20th century.

Quote Watkins marked out the churches and ancient sites on a 1-inch Ordnance Survey map... Often he found eight and nine and even more sites aligned across quite short stretches of country. Extended onto neighboring maps, the lines could sometimes be traced for many miles, often ending on a mountain peak or high hill.

His suggestion was, that in the days when great forests and wilderness lay between scattered communities, travelers navigated by natural landmarks, sighting from mountain to mountain and taking the straightest routes across the country. Where one peak was invisible from another, stone pillars or mounds of earth were placed clearly marked against the skyline along the path. Cairns were raised on mountain slopes, and notches were cut into the ridge to guide the traveler below...

A peculiar feature of the old alignments is that certain names appear with remarkable frequency along their routes. Names with Red, White and Black are common; so are Cold or Cole, Dod, Merry and Ley. The last gave Watkins the name of the lines, which he called leys.
    (The New View Over Atlantis, John Michell, pgs. 23-4)

Watkins would go on to write a book on these 'ley lines' which he called The Old Straight Track. Watkins, a practical man to the end, chalked up these massive stretches of ancient road ways he discovered across Great Britain as simple trade routes. However numerous traditions of the straight paths exist in cultures all over the world and attaching far more mystical significance to them:

Quote The earliest memories of the Aboriginal race are expressed in terms of their native country. Its natural features, hills, streams and rocks, were shaped by elemental beings of the Dream Time, an endless age which preceded our own, and which still continues to flow in a dimension normally beyond our perception. The creative gods once traversed the country along paths whose lines are still remembered; for a certain seasons of the year these become animated by a vital force which fertilizes the earth and gives new life to plants and animals. To ensure the seasonal return of this force the Aborigines perform certain rites. They carve tjuringas, arrangements of interlinked dots and circles exactly like those found on cup and ring stones in Europe. These lines and circles represent the sacred paths and centres of the Australian landscape, and those who travel the paths find their way by consulting the tjuringa's pattern. ..

In several other parts of the world, lines linking holy centres are not only mythological paths down which the gods representing the various heavenly bodies pass at regular seasons, but have some further quality known only to native magicians. American Indians, particularly the Hopi of the Southwest, appear to use them as cables of mental communications. In China they are known as lung-mei, the paths of the dragon, and run between astronomical mounds and high mountains...

...In several parts of Ireland he [J.D. Evans Wentz, in the early 20th century] heard about the fairy paths. These paths, sometimes visible as old roads, sometimes preserved only in local memory, were said to be the routes of seasonal processions. On certain days the fairies passed through the land, and anyone who stood in their way might be struck dead or taken off, never to return... Evans Wentz tells how he asked an Irish seer for an explanation of the fairy paths, and he was told that they were lines of some kind of magnetic current...

The Chinese believed that lung-mei extended all over the world, and this belief is everywhere supported by the evidence of local tradition. In Australia and North America the dragon lines are creation paths, haunted by the gods and by the great primeval serpent, the ancestral guardian of all living things. In Ireland they are the roads of the fairies.
    (The New View Over Atlantis, John Michell, pgs. 36-38)

Fortean researcher and journalist John Keel, most famously known for his cult classic The Mothman Prophecies, made similar conclusions concerning the 'magical' properties of certain locations from his own investigations:

Quote The activities of these parahumans are largely confined to specific areas of this planet, where they appear and reappear century after century. 'The angels keep their ancient places,' poet Francis Thompson wrote. Thus there are many 'haunted' places all over the world, shunned by ancient man or made sacred by him. These are precise geographical locations, and anyone digging into the history and lore of such locations will find thousands of accounts of ghosts, demons, monsters, and flying saucers pinpointed within a few square miles and covering a thousand years or more of time. To UFO cultists such places are Windows: entry points for spaceships from some distant planet. Occultists teach that these are Gateways, weak spots in the earth's etheric envelope through which beings from other space-time continuums seep through into our reality.

Sussex County in England is one Gateway, as are the Mississippi Valley, the Ohio Valley, and parts of our Western states, such as the area around Prescott, Arizona. There are litterally thousands of these weak spots all over our planet. Paranormal and supernatural activities in these areas seem to be controlled by complicated cyclic factors. Periodically, all hell breaks loose in all these places simultaneously, and then we have a flap, or wave, of UFO sightings, apparitions, poltergeists, sudden inexplicable disappearances of animals and human beings, mysterious fires, and even a form of mass madness.
    (Our Haunted Planet, pg. 81)

Interestingly, Keel was also favorably disposed toward Alfred Watkins work on leys, in no small part due to the name of the legendary cryptid, nationally known as the Mothman, that he would encounter in West Virginia in the late 60s. This entity told Keel its name was Indrid Cold. Watkins found that the last name 'Cold', or some variation such as Cole, was commonly found amongst families living along ley lines.

Keel and John Michell also agree that what makes these places attractive to the Macrobes is their unique magnetic qualities. As to this magnetic current, Michell states:

Quote The practice of locating sacred centres in accordance with the flow of terrestrial magnetic current was not confined to prehistoric times, for it appears that every Christian church was similarly sited. The orientation of a church, even its dimensions and architectural plan, was determined by the lines of current, of which the strongest spring is frequently located directly beneath the tower. At this spot the celestial influences, attracted by the spire, combine with the terrestrial force to produce the fusion.

It becomes apparent that the prehistoric leys and dragon paths of Britain are indeed lines of the earth current. And the most remarkable feature of the whole system is that the paths of underground streams or magnetic flow are not naturally straight; they spiral and undulate like surface rivers or currents of air; yet the currents that follow prehistoric alignments are as direct and regular below ground as are the leys on the surface. The magnetic centres lie in straight rows across the country with a precision that characterizes human construction rather than the work of nature.
    (The New View Over Atlantis, pg. 93)

Keel echoes these sentiments, writing:
    Quote One significant factor, which is hardly a secret to the occultists, is that the Window areas tend to be places where peculiar magnetic faults exist. Our haunted planet is covered with magnetic faults, and increasingly enough, many of them are grouped around the ancient mounds, temple sites, and spots where flying saucers are seen most frequently. Psychically oriented people living in these regions tend to have extraordinary experiences with elementals, angels, MIB, and spacemen...

Back in the Middle Ages the Vatican pointedly ordered that new churches should be constructed on the sites of old temples whenever possible. The tradition of sacred places runs deep and seems to be largely based upon the continuous observations of paranormal manifestations. The entities who allegedly approached human beings in miraculous events frequently ordered a church or temple built on the spot...

A magnetic survey of the United States was carried out by the government in the 1950s. Maps detailing magnetic variations in nearly every state can be obtained from the Office of Geological Survey in Washington. Comparisons of the concentrations of paranormal manifestations with these maps show unique clusters around the magnetic aberrations. Could it be that periodic sweeps of those rays from outer space set up some kind of physical or psychic reactions in these fault areas?
    (Our Haunted Planet, pg. 84)

Michell even goes so far as to suggest that some ancient megalithic sites were used to store the magnetic energy generated along these ley lines:

Quote The caverns within artificial mounds could certainly have been used for the accumulation of energy and for this purpose they may have been designed. They would have been used in conjunction with standing stones, for the geological selection is similar in each case. Welsh circles often include a single foreign stone quartz, which is also a feature of Boscawen-un circle in Cornwall. It is hard to think why this should be, other than that they were chosen, like the foreign bluestones of Stonehenge, to attract a particular form of current.
    (The New View Over Atlantis, pg. 209)

As far out as this might sound the megaliths-as-power-plants idea has gained some currency. Master craftsman and engineer Christopher Dunn published an excellent explanation of the Great Pyramid at Giza in his book The Giza Power Plant adding some hard evidence to this theory. A professor of theology, Joseph P Farrell, also published a trilogy of books, commonly referred to as the 'Giza Death Star' trilogy, elaborating upon Dunn's work. Some even believe that the secret of Nikolas Tesla's mysterious magnetic batteries lied in their ability to draw upon the earth's natural magnetic currents.

However, it's likely that these techniques for harnessing earth energy were handed down by the Macrobes, nonhuman entities commonly thought of as demons, 'evil aliens' and the like and which will be explored in much greater depth in a later essay. John Keel was noted for his skepticism regarding messages and rituals handed down by the Macrobes. He was also weary of their attraction to all different kinds of energy:

Quote Electromagnetic energy plays a key role in these manifestations. We are still learning about it. Our planet may be constantly interchanging energy with some outside force. This exchange of energy is an important part of occult belief. It occurs, we are told, on every level. Chinese philosophers of long ago contended that man was moon food (i.e., the energy of individual souls was drained off and absorbed by some extraterrestrial force that needed such energy to replenish itself). Later, theologians extended this to form the classic explanation that we were the subjects of a war between God and the devil... a war to win the souls of man and thereby control the planet. Thus, the demons and MIB who appeared in earlier times were supposed to have been after souls. They made lavish promises, according to the records, and offered fanciful philosophies and cosmologies, but as Swedenborg figured out, they always proved to be nothing but splendid liars.
    (Our Haunted Planet, pg. 85)

Despite his new age slant John Michell at lest addresses the dark side of these rituals to be performed along and at intersects of the ley lines:

Quote The appearance of an organized spiritual technology, controlled by the priests, was attended in every country by a massive increase in human sacrifice. The Aztec massacres are notorious; the Druids in Ireland are said to have decimated the population. The innumerable sacrificial stones, carved with basins and channels for the flow of blood, and the traditional violent and bloody associations of so many ancient sites confirms what is recorded of the slaughter carried out by priests in the interests of necromancy.

The practice of human sacrifice flourished in the ruins of the universal civilization. The secrets of spiritual invocation, once common property, had become exclusive to those appointed by the community to produce the seasonal renewal of fertility and interpret the will of God through the heavenly potents. The priests, thus established in a position of power, began, as do the members of all professions similarly placed, to extend their influence and activities and to make demands on the population for sacrificial offerings. It was recognized throughout the ancient world that the spirit at physical death re-enters the life essence from which it came and, unless released onto a higher plane of existence, merges with the terrestrial current, seeking the occasion of rebirth.
    (The New View Over Atlantis, pgs. 95-96)

//

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cara For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (19th December 2016), Star Tsar (27th September 2017)

35. Link to Post #18
    Language
    English
    Thanks

More from the article posted above on on Ley Lines and Telluric Currents (from That Old Blood Track posted on VISUP). This content focussed mostly on the United States:

//

Our own nation, these United States, have seen more than their fare share of ritual killings along the old straight track to be certain. For the rest of the present essay we will focus on a particularly nasty ley that runs along the 33rd degree North Latitude in the USA. I chose this one for both the character of the events that have occurred along it, and for the number's [33 - Searcher] significance in occultic practices. In Robert Temple's book The Sirius Mystery he notes that many holy sites in the ancient Mideast and Mediterranean were located between nine bands of latitude, stretching from north 31 degrees to 39 degrees. Further, 33 is the highest number rank in the Scottish Rite of Freemasonry, the final degree being a purely honorary one to boot.

Of course the best sources specifically for the 33rd degree north latitude and it's occult significance are the late James Shelby Downard and Michael Hoffman. Their King Kill 33 essay as well as Hoffman's book Secret Societies and Psychological Warfare are both highly recommended for a more in-depth look at the alchemical rites performed along this track. Here I will briefly recount some of the significant events and other oddities that have occurred along this northern latitude and offer some closing thoughts.

-In 1670 Charleston, South Carolina was founded 15 miles from the 33d degree north latitude; it was the first port where African slaves were sold in the US and the founding site of Scottish Rite Freemasonry; In 1861 the first battle of the Civil War occurred at Fort Sumter in Charleston harbor and led to the bloodiest war in US history

-In 1945 the first atomic bomb was exploded at Trinity Test Site in White Sands, NM, just below the 33rd north latitude at the 32 degree, possibly so that bomb would be exploded at a crossroads that also included the ancient Jornada del Muerto trial; crossroads were a preferred location for occultic rites as the legend of bluesman Robert Johnson implies

-In 1947 a UFO allegedly crashed at Roswell, NM, which is located exactly on the 33rd; from here the modern era of ufology was ushered in

-In 1963 JFK was assassinated within the triangle shaped Dealey Plaza along Elm Street in Dallas, Texas, which is slightly south of the 33rd

-In 1968 RFK was assassinated at the Ambassador Hotel in Los Angeles, California, slightly north of the 33rd

-Towns with death row prisons located along the 33rd: Florence, AZ; Parchman, Mississippi; Jackson, GA; Atlanta, GA (for women); Ridgeville, SC

-At least five key nuclear facilities are located along the 33rd across the USA; The states they appear in are: GA, CA, SC, TX, AZ; Two located on opposite sides of the country, one at Goose Creek, SC, the other at San Clemente, CA, are key spots for nuclear subs; bizarrely Los Alamos National Laboratory, responsible for much of the original nuclear research, is located in New Mexico a little north of the 33rd degree.

Nuclear energy and the occultic significance behind it will be examined in much greater depth in a later piece. For now I will state only that some schools of thought believe that the splitting of the atom was an alchemical work and that areas with any kind of nuclear related facilities tend to be lightening rods for Fortean events. That the 33rd degree North Latitude would be chosen for so many major nuclear works is very significant in my opinion. Besides nuclear energy, the American slavery movement, the Scottish Rite of Freemasonry, and the modern UFO movement were largely born along the 33rd. All of these things had a profound effect on the course of American history, to say nothing of the national consciousness.

Death, the obligatory bloodletting, is of course also a major factor along the 33rd. Aside from the Kennedy assassinations and the death row facilities the specter of war also hangs heavily through this ley line. Slavery was of course a prime factor in eventually leading America into Civil War, which spurred a remarkable degree of bloodletting all across the nation in addition to major changes in the legal and political structure of the nation that are still barely understood by the population at large today.

The atomic bomb was used to both end the Second World War, but also to ensure a half century long Cold War that dragged countless other countries into actual hot wars along the way. Of course the assassinations of both Kennedy brothers were key to prolonging the US involvement in the Viet Nam War. And then there's the specter of nuclear holocaust that has forever hung over the world since a false sun exploded over Trinity.

We may tentatively conclude that, if in fact rituals were preformed along the 33rd degree North Latitude for advanced technology or worldly power, the payment that was asked in return for these services was extraordinarily high.

//

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Cara For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (25th December 2016)

37. Link to Post #19
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,204 times in 958 posts

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telluric_current

The nature of electricity may dictate that this energy does not manifest itself in straight lines or specific points. Watch the movie "Midnight in Paris" for a point of view concerning this phenomena through the eyes of nineteenth century artists guilds. This is a subject that is ripe for misinterpretation and exploitation. It is a huge leap of faith to infer that these currents cause time warps or any other paranormal activity. It is possible though but hard to prove empirically.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Cartomancer For This Post:

Cara (20th December 2016)

39. Link to Post #20
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Cartomancer (here)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telluric_current

The nature of electricity may dictate that this energy does not manifest itself in straight lines or specific points. Watch the movie "Midnight in Paris" for a point of view concerning this phenomena through the eyes of nineteenth century artists guilds. This is a subject that is ripe for misinterpretation and exploitation. It is a huge leap of faith to infer that these currents cause time warps or any other paranormal activity. It is possible though but hard to prove empirically.
    Thank you @Cartomancer. I have watched Midnight in Paris but not with this perspective... I enjoyed it as a movie. I will have to watch it again with a new lens!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast