Thread: 'Flat Earth' Psychological Operations

1. Link to Post #161
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,392 times in 3,448 posts

Default Re: 'Flat Earth' Psychological Operations

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by Omnisense (here)

In the video posted by ExomatrixTV, above, Tyson's there to debunk the Flat Earth, and (in so doing) he adds clever fuel to the idea that 'all conspiracy theorists' believe this nonsense.
    And this is what the flat earth PSYOP was designed to do. If he is doing that he is some sort of shill IMO.
    Yes. The test would be to see if that was just a one-off, or whether he's rolled out to make the point more and more.
    I would bet he throws in some mind controlled comment in future videos like "Like the conspiracy believers did with flat earth" or "like the conspiracy crowd does by believing flat earth" etcetc. Something to further exploit the objective of tarring all conspiracy belief as nonsensical beliefs by lunatics.

Thing is with some shills they don't shill one subject always. They have a precise formula behind their mind control that is similar to what you see in the Bible, Quran, and New Age PSYOPS. That is, truth and/or quality things mixed with strategic behavior or belief modification. Or another scenario with this guy is that he isn't a shill, but was mind controlled something to sabotage his work. It is very complicated. All the dirty tactics I witness on a daily basis due to being a targeted individual I see elsewhere in the world.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Omni For This Post:

avid (14th May 2017), Bill Ryan (11th May 2017), BMJ (15th May 2017), Eram (22nd May 2017), Hervé (14th May 2017), Nasu (19th May 2017), Sophocles (18th May 2017), ThePythonicCow (12th May 2017)

3. Link to Post #162
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,891 times in 15,481 posts

The premise for the "Flat Earth" and similar Psy-op experiments:

Quote Posted by Hervé (here)
    [...]

EDUCATION

(
    Bertrand Russell, product of an old Illuminati family)

Lord Bertrand Russell joined with the Frankfurt School in their effort at mass social engineering and spilled the beans in his 1951 book, The Impact of Science on Society.

He wrote:
    'Physiology and psychology afford fields for scientific technique which still await development.' The importance of mass psychology "has been enormously increased by the growth of modern methods of propaganda. Of these the most influential is what is called 'education.' The social psychologists of the future will try different methods of producing an unshakable conviction that snow is black."
    Russell said education will affirm:
    "First, that the influence of home is obstructive.

Second, that not much can be done unless indoctrination begins before the age of ten.

Third, that verses set to music and repeatedly intoned are very effective.

Fourth, that the opinion that snow is white must be held to show a morbid taste for eccentricity. But I anticipate. It is for future scientists to make these maxims precise and discover exactly how much it costs per head to make children believe that snow is black, and how much less it would cost to make them believe it is dark grey . When the technique has been perfected, every government that has been in charge of education for a generation will be able to control its subjects securely without the need of armies or policemen."
    Writing in 1992 in Fidelio Magazine, [The Frankfurt School and Political Correctness] Michael Minnicino observed how the heirs of Marcuse and Adorno now completely dominate the universities, 'teaching their own students to replace reason with 'Politically Correct' ritual exercises.

There are very few theoretical books on arts, letters, or language which do not openly acknowledge their debt to the Frankfurt School. The witchhunt on today's campuses is merely the implementation of Marcuse's concept of 'repressive toleration'- 'tolerance for movements from the left, but intolerance for movements from the right'-enforced by the students of the Frankfurt School'.

[...]
    ... so... you are still operating under the mistaken belief that snow defines the color "white"? Well, let me 'splain how US Aid works... and, guess who/what is holding the purse cordons/strings with respect to universities' State and Federal fundings...

Indeed, echoing Plato’s Plan on how to create a new nation/World Order over a couple of generations like he did with the Bible.
    Last edited by Hervé; 18th May 2017 at 13:33.
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

avid (14th May 2017), Bill Ryan (14th May 2017), BMJ (15th May 2017), Eram (22nd May 2017), Foxie Loxie (15th May 2017), Jayke (24th August 2018), LEGOWehrmacht (19th May 2017), Sophocles (18th May 2017)

5. Link to Post #163
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,891 times in 15,481 posts

Now... there may be another facet to that "Flat Earth" thingy... and that's of a test to weed out/hired "incompetent" people... you know... like police officers hired due to below average IQ... while Trump needs to close the door to such for his government:

Dunning-Kruger effect - The illusion of competence

Kate Fehlhaber/Edited by Pam Weintraub
    Aeon
    Wed, 17 May 2017 20:56 UTC

Look out! Head-on car crash in rural South Dakota in 1932. Eighty per cent of drivers rate themselves as above average. © Photo courtesy Wikipedia

One day in 1995, a large, heavy middle-aged man robbed two Pittsburgh banks in broad daylight. He didn't wear a mask or any sort of disguise. And he smiled at surveillance cameras before walking out of each bank. Later that night, police arrested a surprised McArthur Wheeler. When they showed him the surveillance tapes, Wheeler stared in disbelief. 'But I wore the juice,' he mumbled. Apparently, Wheeler thought that rubbing lemon juice on his skin would render him invisible to videotape cameras. After all, lemon juice is used as invisible ink so, as long as he didn't come near a heat source, he should have been completely invisible.

Police concluded that Wheeler was not crazy or on drugs - just incredibly mistaken.

The saga caught the eye of the psychologist David Dunning at Cornell University, who enlisted his graduate student, Justin Kruger, to see what was going on. They reasoned that, while almost everyone holds favourable views of their abilities in various social and intellectual domains, some people mistakenly assess their abilities as being much higher than they actually are. This 'illusion of confidence' is now called the 'Dunning-Kruger effect', and describes the cognitive bias to inflate self-assessment.

To investigate this phenomenon in the lab, Dunning and Kruger designed some clever experiments. In one study, they asked undergraduate students a series of questions about grammar, logic and jokes, and then asked each student to estimate his or her score overall, as well as their relative rank compared to the other students. Interestingly, students who scored the lowest in these cognitive tasks always overestimated how well they did - by a lot. Students who scored in the bottom quartile estimated that they had performed better than two-thirds of the other students!

This 'illusion of confidence' extends beyond the classroom and permeates everyday life. In a follow-up study, Dunning and Kruger left the lab and went to a gun range, where they quizzed gun hobbyists about gun safety. Similar to their previous findings, those who answered the fewest questions correctly wildly overestimated their knowledge about firearms.

Outside of factual knowledge, though, the Dunning-Kruger effect can also be observed in people's self-assessment of a myriad of other personal abilities. If you watch any talent show on television today, you will see the shock on the faces of contestants who don't make it past auditions and are rejected by the judges. While it is almost comical to us, these people are genuinely unaware of how much they have been misled by their illusory superiority.

Sure, it's typical for people to overestimate their abilities. One study found that 80 per cent of drivers rate themselves as above average - a statistical impossibility. And similar trends have been found when people rate their relative popularity and cognitive abilities.

The problem is that when people are incompetent, not only do they reach wrong conclusions and make unfortunate choices but, also, they are robbed of the ability to realise their mistakes.

In a semester-long study of college students, good students could better predict their performance on future exams given feedback about their scores and relative percentile. However, the poorest performers showed no recognition, despite clear and repeated feedback that they were doing badly. Instead of being confused, perplexed or thoughtful about their erroneous ways, incompetent people insist that their ways are correct. As Charles Darwin wrote in The Descent of Man (1871): 'Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.'

Interestingly, really smart people also fail to accurately self-assess their abilities. As much as D- and F-grade students overestimate their abilities, A-grade students underestimate theirs.

In their classic study, Dunning and Kruger found that high-performing students, whose cognitive scores were in the top quartile, underestimated their relative competence. These students presumed that if these cognitive tasks were easy for them, then they must be just as easy or even easier for everyone else.

This so-called 'imposter syndrome' can be likened to the inverse of the Dunning-Kruger effect, whereby high achievers fail to recognise their talents and think that others are equally competent. The difference is that competent people can and do adjust their self-assessment given appropriate feedback, while incompetent individuals cannot.

And therein lies the key to not ending up like the witless bank robber. Sometimes we try things that lead to favourable outcomes, but other times - like the lemon juice idea - our approaches are imperfect, irrational, inept or just plain stupid. The trick is to not be fooled by illusions of superiority and to learn to accurately reevaluate our competence. After all, as Confucius reportedly said, real knowledge is knowing the extent of one's ignorance.

=========================================

... guess who is still blaming it on the Russians...
    Last edited by Hervé; 18th May 2017 at 13:35.
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

6. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Atlas (18th May 2017), Bill Ryan (17th May 2017), Billy (19th May 2017), Eram (22nd May 2017), Ewan (18th May 2017), Foxie Loxie (18th May 2017), Inaiá (14th March 2019), Jayke (24th August 2018), Kate (2nd September 2018), Krist (23rd May 2017), Mark (Star Mariner) (19th May 2017), Michelle Marie (24th August 2018), Omni (17th May 2017), onawah (29th May 2017), seko (2nd September 2018), Sophocles (18th May 2017)

7. Link to Post #164
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,541 times in 32,788 posts

One study found that 80 per cent of drivers rate themselves as above average - a statistical impossibility.
    Yes. The problem with the world is that there are too many people of below average intelligence.

(That was a really great article.)

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Atlas (18th May 2017), Eram (22nd May 2017), Foxie Loxie (18th May 2017), Hervé (18th May 2017), Ivanhoe (2nd September 2018), Michelle Marie (24th August 2018), Nick Matkin (29th May 2017), Omni (17th May 2017), Sophocles (18th May 2017), Wind (18th May 2017)

9. Link to Post #165
    Thanks

I think I could have figured out one of the prime motives behind flat earth. Added to my updated article: Here...

Quote Posted by psyop.info, by Omnisense
    • Misrepresentation of NASA opposition through flat earth PSYOPS: NASA is so full of **** it needed a massive co-opted opposition to better conceal it’s secrets (which are hidden in plain sight on the internet, often on flat earth sites now)
    • Flat Earth discredits NASA Opposition, especially to the scientific community
    Another comment of mine; I could see NASA intentionally doing things to flare up the flat earthers...
    Last edited by Omni; 19th May 2017 at 19:13.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Omni For This Post:

Eram (22nd May 2017), LEGOWehrmacht (19th May 2017), Michelle Marie (24th August 2018), mojo (19th May 2017)

11. Link to Post #166
    United States Avalon Member mojo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,437 times in 5,646 posts

Not to justify a hypothesis but perhaps to explain, maybe the people that accept the so-called flat earth hypothesis are recognizing reality in a way that is different? Another hypothesis that is gaining in popularity, is that we are living within a larger matrix more like a computer simulation. The recognition that something is not quite right about this current 3-D model and so seeing this they put a name on it to try and explain it?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mojo For This Post:

Eram (22nd May 2017), Michelle Marie (24th August 2018)

13. Link to Post #167
    Thanks

Quote Posted by mojo (here)
    Not to justify a hypothesis but perhaps to explain, maybe the people that accept the so-called flat earth hypothesis are recognizing reality in a way that is different?
    No: they're just irrational. Not an insult, but truly, in the precise definition of the word.
    • ir·ra·tion·al
      i(r)ˈraSH(ə)nəl/
      adjective

not consistent with or using reason

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Eram (22nd May 2017), Foxie Loxie (19th May 2017), Michelle Marie (24th August 2018), Omni (19th May 2017), silvanelf (10th August 2019), Wind (19th May 2017)

15. Link to Post #168
    Thanks

I got into it with a flat earth twitter account @flatearthcity, it produced some gems:

He actually retweeted my flat earth article to his flat earther followers twice:

Last edited by Omni; 20th May 2017 at 06:39.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Omni For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd May 2017), Eram (22nd May 2017), Foxie Loxie (22nd May 2017), Jayke (24th August 2018)

17. Link to Post #169
    Thanks

Quote Posted by psyop.info by Omnisense
    • It appears one of the objectives with the flat earth PSYOP is to make people believe that satellites do not exist, and thus further cover up one of the biggest actual conspiracies in the world, murderous satellite based directed energy weapon terrorism

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Omni For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd May 2017), bluestflame (22nd May 2017), Eram (22nd May 2017), Foxie Loxie (22nd May 2017)

19. Link to Post #170
    Australia Avalon Member Ankle Biter's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,662 times in 368 posts

Quote Posted by Eram (here)

Good point Morning Fox, however... If you can remember when this particular theory made it's way into the truther community.. It was all over the place out of nowhere. It went almost viral over night. And it kept being pushed for a long time. several years.
    To me that's the signature of a psy op.
    The thing for me is that there is a disproportionate representation in real life FE's compared to what I've encountered online. A poll on another website showed about 35% supporting FE hypothesis. Which statistically is a significant presence. However I'm yet to engage in conversation with someone in real life who supports this idea. Now I meet a lot of different people everyday and aren't afraid to talk about things that are not part of ordinary mainstream thought. Also if someone else is going to talk to me about things less ordinary I'm always careful to not belittle or impose "overstander" type behaviour and get all egotistical. I enjoy people who speak their mind and encourage conversation no matter how bizarre. But not a single person I've met has proven to be a FE'er. Maybe the time will come by the law of averages. Even if that 35% were 50% trolls that still leaves a good chance of meeting one. Better odds than meeting a South Paw and I am a South Paw. lol.

A psy-op it may be then. And so much media dedicated to it that perhaps many people are subscribing to the idea. Has anyone here met with and engaged in conversation in real life someone that believes the world to be flat?
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders. -Lao Tzu

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ankle Biter For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd May 2017), Eram (22nd May 2017), Foxie Loxie (22nd May 2017), silvanelf (10th August 2019)

21. Link to Post #171
    Thanks

Here's an instant debunk of flat earth theory...the pole stars. Basically in the N hemisphere the night sky rotatesanti-clockwise around Polaris. In the S hemisphere the night sky revolves in a clockwise direction around Sigma octantis identified by The Southern Cross. This is because of the opposing perspective caused by standing upside down in relation to the opposing hemisphere... impossible on a flat earth plane
    Flat Earth “Theory” And The Pole Stars Conundum-
    https://chizzlewit.wordpress.com/201...tars-conundum/
    Last edited by thedood73; 22nd May 2017 at 01:10.

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to thedood73 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd May 2017), Eram (22nd May 2017), Foxie Loxie (22nd May 2017), Hervé (22nd May 2017), Jayke (24th August 2018), Omni (22nd May 2017), silvanelf (10th August 2019)

23. Link to Post #172
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ankle Biter (here)
    Has anyone here met with and engaged in conversation in real life someone that believes the world to be flat?
    Great question. Not one, ever. They only ever appear online.

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Ankle Biter (23rd May 2017), Eram (22nd May 2017), Foxie Loxie (22nd May 2017), Hervé (22nd May 2017), Nick Matkin (29th May 2017), Omni (22nd May 2017), seko (2nd September 2018), sheme (29th May 2017)

25. Link to Post #173
    Norway Avalon Member justanotheralien's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Maia Gabrial (here)
    I know that if one of those off-worlders took me on a craft and showed me the truth, THEN and only THEN would I accept that it's round....
    Unfortunately, Maia, all sources of light will curve due to perception mechanics. The eye works as a lens and will curve even a "flat earth" if the distance between the eye and observed object becomes great enough. Both the sun and moon could be square for that matter and still manifest as round if these two bodies are away that far as we're been told. Same principle counts for all stars we're able to count.

For the record; square holograms will curve into a ball as well. It's all about perception and distance, in addition to what we believe we see and are taught to see. Which would proof only one thing and that is that we don't necessarily see what we see.

One more correction; and correct me if I'm wrong but I can't remember any scriptures saying "the earth is flat". Which makes me believe the "flat earth" concept was launched by people in the know and with the purpose of have it stand in the way for all of us.
    We all remember school and that "in the old days people believed the earth was flat", don't we? Could it be the choice of words and definition itself that has truthers all together caught up in counting trees while not seeing the forest?

Today's "flat earth" concept comes without a cosmology other than "when you get to the edge you fall down", while in the old days there actually existed a cosmology in many cultures all around the world. It may not have been a true model but It wasn't called "flat earth".

If we pick our words, definitions and belief systems a bit more carefully there could be very little to argue in this flat earth/globe earth issue. The answer may be found somewhere in the middle. There IS a psy-op of course, but a bit too simple to go after those that question our current cosmology. There's hundreds of good reasons to question our perception of the physical reality that surrounds us. Look at NASA for Christ sake.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 23rd May 2017 at 11:06. Reason: fixed quote formatting

26. The Following User Says Thank You to justanotheralien For This Post:

sheme (29th May 2017)

27. Link to Post #174
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,741 times in 1,499 posts

One study found that 80 per cent of drivers rate themselves as above average - a statistical impossibility.
    Yes. The problem with the world is that there are too many people of below average intelligence.

(That was a really great article.)

I hope I'm not repeating something already posted on this thread, but anyway...

Realise how stupid the average person is, then realise that half the population is stupider than that!

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nick Matkin For This Post:

Ivanhoe (2nd September 2018), Jayke (24th August 2018), sheme (29th May 2017), Wind (30th May 2017)

29. Link to Post #175
    Thanks

Come to Glastonbury, its crawling with flat earthers, some of whom will rant and rave about it. My local pub had to put up a sign saying 'No Flat Earthers...'

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedood73 For This Post:

sheme (29th May 2017), silvanelf (10th August 2019)

31. Link to Post #176
    Great Britain Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,391 times in 1,757 posts

I know of someone who walked around the Earth even across the Bering straits he travelled clockwise around the planet and never fell off how did that happen if the world is flat?

32. Link to Post #177
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,140 times in 1,005 posts

I personally know of two people that have gone flat. One I know really well. He was in the military for many years. When he left he began waking up. As he began to explore down the rabbit hole he realized the extent that he had been deceived by the TPTB. Anyway as he read about false flags, occult influence etc he started noticing a funnel effect that that seemed to be pushing him towards 1. flat earth theory and 2. Christianity.

He was aware that this was occurring however, as he continued to 'investigate' flat earth claims he became more and more convinced that it was real. The last time we spoke he was a pretty firm believer.

The other person I know because she was briefly dating a good friend. She is someone who when I first met was bright, open and super interesting. She was highly aware of the conspiracy side of things and was not afraid to share her views. However, over the last year or so (I only have internet interaction) she has come to embrace FET. Interestingly I have also noticed that she seems to have also embraced more right wing Christian ideals. Her posts seem increasingly angry and attack anything perceived as left leaning (example: acceptance of homosexuality) as part of the controllers agenda to corrupt our souls.

To me it seems this psy-op has been highly successful as it has ensnared two of the most open-minded questioning people I know.

33. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to enfoldedblue For This Post:

Ankle Biter (5th January 2021), Bill Ryan (29th May 2017), Hervé (30th May 2017), norman (25th August 2018), Omni (30th May 2017), RunningDeer (2nd September 2018), seko (2nd September 2018), silvanelf (10th August 2019)

34. Link to Post #178
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,293 times in 353 posts

35. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Zampano For This Post:

Bill Ryan (24th August 2018), DeDukshyn (25th August 2018), Ivanhoe (2nd September 2018), Jayke (24th August 2018), RunningDeer (2nd September 2018), seko (2nd September 2018), Wind (24th August 2018)

36. Link to Post #179
    Thanks

I have revamped the OP with my psyop.wiki flat earth article.

37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Omni For This Post:

Alx (2nd September 2018), Bill Ryan (2nd September 2018), gaiagirl (2nd September 2018), RunningDeer (2nd September 2018)

38. Link to Post #180
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Omni (here)
    I have revamped the OP with my psyop.wiki flat earth article.

Yes. It's a major rewrite, worth reading carefully from the beginning.

39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

gord (3rd September 2018), Omni (2nd September 2018), RunningDeer (2nd September 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 9