+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Saw this podcast about Sumerian commonalities with the biblical narrative, what do you all think?

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Question Saw this podcast about Sumerian commonalities with the biblical narrative, what do you all think?

Just saw this interview (http://mythicist.me/charity-croff-god-universe/) at the Mythicist.me Podcast with Charity Croff the viral sensation who made a video on, "Is there a God." I know he focuses on politics, spirituality, and things of esoteric nature, but he went into religion in this interview with the host and started talking about the root of the biblical narrative as having origins in Sumerian culture; moreover, explaining that the Sumerian tablets contain our entire biblical narrative.

What do you all honestly think about this? Does it have validity and can there be commonalities without it being the complete narrative or is it a straight copy of the narrative?

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hunkin For This Post:

Ashy67 (9th December 2016), Foxie Loxie (9th December 2016), Hervé (11th December 2016), shaberon (10th December 2016)

3. Link to Post #2
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,659 times in 3,622 posts

Default Re: Saw this podcast about Sumerian commonalities with the biblical narrative, what do you all think?

Yes, it is true. The Sumerian tablets do recount a more comprehensive biblical narrative. It is the bible that is the knock-off, with its truncated versions of Sumerian originals.

Get your hands on the "Enuma Elish" and the "Epic of Gilgamesh" for more mind-blowing information on this very interesting topic.

Another good read is the works of Zacharia Sitchin, starting with "The Twelfth Planet".

Our history is not the official version as espoused by mainstream media and the so-called "authorities".

But be warned: this is a rabbit hole you might not ever come out of. So be sure you want the information. It has changed my entire outlook on life, this reality, and the people I have to live with and abide by.

I would even say you are better off not knowing, unless you are already a misfit that barely manages to survive amidst the lies all around you.

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Cara (10th December 2016), earthadvocate (9th December 2016), Foxie Loxie (9th December 2016), Hervé (11th December 2016), Hunkin (11th December 2016), Lefty Dave (9th December 2016), Mandala (9th December 2016), Nasu (12th December 2016), Shannon (10th December 2016), tequilawolfpack (6th January 2017), uzn (9th December 2016)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,381 times in 2,953 posts

Default Re: Saw this podcast about Sumerian commonalities with the biblical narrative, what do you all think?

Good advice, Ernie, once you get into it it should change the entire outlook you have had! Over the past few months I read Enoch & the Atra-Hasis. I was flabbergasted to find out that parts of our Old Testament were simply lifted out of the book of Enoch! My conclusion is that the Creation story in the Bible is like a generic version of what really happened. I was forced down the Rabbit Hole in trying to figure out why the religious system I had been raised in simply "didn't work"!
    The O.T. stories make far more sense now when I realized it was the story of how, once again, our creators stepped in to guide things in a certain direction. I believe the operative word is CONTROL. I do not wish to damage anyone else's faith....each of us must come to our own conclusions upon the evidence presented. Let us know how your journey continues!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (9th December 2016), Hunkin (11th December 2016), Nasu (12th December 2016), Shannon (10th December 2016)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,054 times in 1,584 posts

It's a copy, and the original was better. A great deal of effort has been expended to erase Syrian history, which is Assyria and Akkadia. Of course, it does not only concern the middle east, you will find the same thing in India or the Mayan Popol Vuh.

Someone wanted to do a hack job on universal knowledge to make it their exclusive private property.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

Cara (10th December 2016), Foxie Loxie (11th December 2016), Hunkin (11th December 2016)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Thank you all for your insight into this highly charged topic! I'm still trying to wrap my head around it all. Where do you all think I should start?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hunkin For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (11th December 2016)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,381 times in 2,953 posts

Well, Dear Hunkin, the works of Zacariah Sitchen might be a good place to start! There are tales from most ancient cultures of "gods" having come down & mingled with humans. As shaberon says, someone has been concerned with the human race NOT knowing about its true origins, so one has to ask, "To what end"? How much do you want to know & do you have some "purpose" in wanting to find out? You ARE in the right Forum to be able to dig out all you really want to know about
    most subjects.

+ Reply to Thread