+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 93 FirstFirst 1 36 46 56 93 LastLast

Thread: Trump is NOT the answer

1. Link to Post #901
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,124 times in 2,678 posts

Default Re: Trump is NOT the answer

Even worse than business-as-usual, the Trump administration also snuck new language for Big Pharma into its NAFTA proposal that would block competition from generic medicine makers in order to lock in outrageously high prescription drug prices.

Onawah, just wanted to highlight this from your post as it will effect so many of Trump's base. Oh, and all of those jobs that will be leaving China because of tariffs, some of his base think they will be 'coming home' No, they will be going to Viet Nam or Indonesia or some other very low wage country. This will also have a direct effect on his base, as they are expecting some high paying jobs to return. Aint going to happen. But by the time the reality hits, he will be firmly back in office for another 4 years.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Fellow Aspirant (14th June 2019), Forest Denizen (14th June 2019), Inaiá (6th June 2019), onawah (4th June 2019)

3. Link to Post #902
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,546 times in 20,693 posts

What Catherine Austin Fitts says starting at 36:40 in here:

...says it all.
    "It makes it look like everyone is fighting. The reality is that the Trump Administration and Republican and Democratic members of both houses of Congress got together and took the books secret. That is the single greatest increase in the Deep State's power in the history of our country, and they ALL did it together."

She's referring to the government's budget, which has now become secret and elsewhere she says that that means that the US is no longer a Republic.

It was not a faction of the Deep State that did this, it was a concerted effort of the WHOLE Deep State including the Trump Admin., which proves that the elite controllers are still in agreement and working together when it comes to core issues, even though the factions may squabble about lesser issues.

Much more of great significance in that talk, which everyone should listen to if they really want to know what's going on, and from a source that few even try to discredit.
    Each breath a gift...

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

AutumnW (24th June 2019), Forest Denizen (14th June 2019), Franny (19th June 2019), Inaiá (6th June 2019), Jayke (5th June 2019), jcking (18th June 2019), Pam (14th June 2019), PurpleLama (20th June 2019), Ron Mauer Sr (19th June 2019), silvanelf (5th June 2019), ThePythonicCow (5th June 2019)

5. Link to Post #903
    Canada Avalon Member frankstien's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,677 times in 325 posts

SHOCK (?) as Trump signs executive order that will end most regulations and oversight on genetically engineered food
    https://www.naturalnews.com/2019-06-...ered-food.html

"If the media will show us airplanes disappearing into towers on 9/11--they'll show us ANYTHING and expect us to believe it."
    --frankstien

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to frankstien For This Post:

AutumnW (24th June 2019), Fellow Aspirant (14th June 2019), Forest Denizen (14th June 2019), Kryztian (14th June 2019)

7. Link to Post #904
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,968 times in 7,673 posts

If by now you haven't figured out that Trump doesn't care about the common people then you need to awake from your delusion.
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

AutumnW (24th June 2019), Fellow Aspirant (14th June 2019), Forest Denizen (14th June 2019), frankstien (14th June 2019), Franny (19th June 2019), jcking (18th June 2019), muxfolder (20th June 2019), silvanelf (15th June 2019)

9. Link to Post #905
    Madagascar Avalon Member silvanelf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,587 times in 299 posts

I found it quite interesting to read about Trump's "The Art of [Breaking] the Deal." Trump is a real estate mogul, who tries to use the same methods in the field of international policy. But in most cases the strategy of "breaking the deal to get a better deal" didn't work in foreign affairs.

A quote from a discussion about Trump’s Plan to Impose Steel & Aluminum Tariffs, published March 2018:

Quote And I think there’s another factor here, the fact that Trump is breaking the trade agreements, just as he was—America was trying to push forth the Trans-Pacific Partnership and other trade agreements, that Lori has been very good at criticizing. And, in fact, she should be overjoyed—I’m sure she is—at Trump’s action, because he wrote this wonderful book, The Art of Breaking the Deal. I think the publisher called it The Art of the Deal. But he made all of his money by breaking deals, which is why nobody will deal with him. The suppliers won’t deal with him in New York, because he’ll make a deal: “I’m going to pay you this much for what you supply for the hotel.” Then it comes time to pay: “Oh, I didn’t like it. I’m going to pay you 50 cents on the dollar.” He screwed his suppliers, his manufacturers. The banks won’t deal with him.

This kind of businessman’s behavior—that is how businessmen make money, by breaking deals—it doesn’t work that way internationally.
    http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/48910.htm

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to silvanelf For This Post:

AutumnW (20th June 2019), Ba-ba-Ra (17th June 2019), Forest Denizen (22nd June 2019), Franny (19th June 2019)

11. Link to Post #906
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Also, and this is kind of a minor point for his larger issues of course, but for this site I think it's worth thinking about:
    Quote June 16, 2019 Washington, D. C. – President Donald Trump was asked by ABC News commentator George Stephanopoulos in his weekend news program This Week with George Stephanopoulos: “As President, you have access to all the information in the world — all the mysteries out there. I was struck the past couple of weeks of reading more and more reports about U. S. Navy pilots seeing lots and lots of UFOs. What do you make of that?”

Trump: “I think it’s probably — I want them to think what ever they think. They do say — I’ve seen and I’ve read and I’ve heard and I did have one very brief meeting on it. They say they are seeing UFOs. Do I believe it? Not particularly.

Stephanopoulos: “Do you think you would know if there is evidence of extraterrestrials?”

Trump: “Well, I think our great pilots would know. And some of them really see things that are a little bit different than in the past. So we’re going to see. We’re watching and you’ll be the first to know.”
    I grabbed that from Linda Moulton Howe's Earthfiles page
    https://www.earthfiles.com
    because I was just there, but I saw it reported on ABC and elsewhere as well.

Of course he's talking out both sides of his mouth (like usual, as I see it), but he also voices his own opinion (that he doesn't particularly "believe it") while allowing for the possibility that the pilots know something he doesn't.
    Just remember "not particularly" the next time a Trump believer or Q Anon fan starts talking at you about how Trump is going to be Mr Disclosure president, when it seems pretty clear that he was quickly briefed (read: told) that this "controlled disclosure" narrative was going to get rolled out, even if he didn't believe the pilots were seeing UFOs in the first place. Yeah, super powerful president, isn't he?
    Last edited by jcking; 18th June 2019 at 20:29.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jcking For This Post:

AutumnW (20th June 2019), Forest Denizen (22nd June 2019), Franny (19th June 2019), Philippe (19th June 2019), silvanelf (18th June 2019)

13. Link to Post #907
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,581 times in 1,719 posts

bol**c*s is the answer!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't you know by now that no human being is the answer...…………..
    Trump is trying!!!!!!!!!!!

Look at what he's up against...Look back and look forward again....Got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    Question Everything, always speak truth... Make the best of today, for there may not be a tomorrow!!! But, that's OK because tomorrow never comes, so we have nothing to worry about!!!

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

AutumnW (20th June 2019), Ba-ba-Ra (22nd June 2019), Deux Corbeaux (20th June 2019), NancyV (20th June 2019)

15. Link to Post #908
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,575 times in 5,713 posts

Quote Posted by East Sun (here)

Look at what he's up against...Look back and look forward again....Got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I don't think the software would edit out "bollocks". So this self-censorship gave me a little chuckle

I think most of the people in this thread are clear that no one person is the answer. I do understand your frustration my friend, but this mostly thoughtful thread is in response to those folks who really do think one person is the answer.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

AutumnW (20th June 2019), Ba-ba-Ra (22nd June 2019), DeDukshyn (21st June 2019), East Sun (20th June 2019), Forest Denizen (22nd June 2019), Franny (21st June 2019), Kryztian (20th June 2019)

17. Link to Post #909
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Thanks Mike. I second that thought. It's for people who are looking across the political spectrum and acknowledging that at the pinnacle there are no good guys. Part of it is systemic and part of it is individual pathology. But...lower down the chain, there are likely some good people.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by jcking (here)
    Also, and this is kind of a minor point for his larger issues of course, but for this site I think it's worth thinking about:
    Quote June 16, 2019 Washington, D. C. – President Donald Trump was asked by ABC News commentator George Stephanopoulos in his weekend news program This Week with George Stephanopoulos: “As President, you have access to all the information in the world — all the mysteries out there. I was struck the past couple of weeks of reading more and more reports about U. S. Navy pilots seeing lots and lots of UFOs. What do you make of that?”

Trump: “I think it’s probably — I want them to think what ever they think. They do say — I’ve seen and I’ve read and I’ve heard and I did have one very brief meeting on it. They say they are seeing UFOs. Do I believe it? Not particularly.

Stephanopoulos: “Do you think you would know if there is evidence of extraterrestrials?”

Trump: “Well, I think our great pilots would know. And some of them really see things that are a little bit different than in the past. So we’re going to see. We’re watching and you’ll be the first to know.”
    I grabbed that from Linda Moulton Howe's Earthfiles page
    https://www.earthfiles.com
    because I was just there, but I saw it reported on ABC and elsewhere as well.

Of course he's talking out both sides of his mouth (like usual, as I see it), but he also voices his own opinion (that he doesn't particularly "believe it") while allowing for the possibility that the pilots know something he doesn't.
    Just remember "not particularly" the next time a Trump believer or Q Anon fan starts talking at you about how Trump is going to be Mr Disclosure president, when it seems pretty clear that he was quickly briefed (read: told) that this "controlled disclosure" narrative was going to get rolled out, even if he didn't believe the pilots were seeing UFOs in the first place. Yeah, super powerful president, isn't he?
    I think inarticulate boob sums it up pretty well. I don't think he's doing intellectual jujitsu moves here!

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (22nd June 2019), Forest Denizen (22nd June 2019), Kryztian (20th June 2019), Mike (20th June 2019)

19. Link to Post #910
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

East Sun, rather than scanning left to right and back and forth, you should take a long hard look up and down. As far as looking forward, I like to understand and analyze what I am looking at in the rear view mirror first. I understand your frustration and also the anger that Trump supporters feel though. But the potential for things to get really ugly is there and he is not the leader to becalm people but rather one who is leveraging power off of this anger.

Oh and !@##!!

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

42 (21st June 2019), Dennis Leahy (20th June 2019), Forest Denizen (22nd June 2019), Franny (21st June 2019), Kryztian (20th June 2019), Mike (20th June 2019)

21. Link to Post #911
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,498 times in 720 posts

Quote Posted by AutumnW (here)

East Sun, rather than scanning left to right and back and forth, you should take a long hard look up and down. As far as looking forward, I like to understand and analyze what I am looking at in the rear view mirror first. I understand your frustration and also the anger that Trump supporters feel though. But the potential for things to get really ugly is there and he is not the leader to becalm people but rather one who is leveraging power off of this anger.

Oh and !@##!!
    I totally agree how the title of this thread can easily be misinterpreted. I really hated this finger wagging choice of wording when it arrived right after Trump won. To capitalize NOT right after Hillary lost when everyone's partisan heat was flaming, it clearly came off as "you all made the wrong choice of the two" or "Trump isn't the answer - but there is an answer and any Trump supporter didn't make the right choice".

It does NOT read "Trump isn't the answer EITHER". Huge difference.

East Sun, I agree no human is the answer, but only because there are too many psychopaths behind the scenes in collusion at all times with much more money and weapons over and over and over and over throughout history. Nothing up front is the real story and Trump 'trying' is the front story. He's taking orders like all the rest and putting out a front of give and take to control the credibility factor, but really all is as usual. All the privacy eroding, freedom eroding, vaccine escalation, little guy protection and war mongering agendas Trump promised to stand up to are moving forward just fine with his support and signatures.

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to waves For This Post:

AutumnW (24th June 2019), Ba-ba-Ra (22nd June 2019), Dennis Leahy (20th June 2019), Deux Corbeaux (24th June 2019), East Sun (20th June 2019), frankstien (20th June 2019), Franny (21st June 2019), Kryztian (20th June 2019), Philippe (22nd June 2019)

23. Link to Post #912
    Canada Avalon Member frankstien's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,677 times in 325 posts

"If the media will show us airplanes disappearing into towers on 9/11--they'll show us ANYTHING and expect us to believe it."
    --frankstien

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to frankstien For This Post:

42 (21st June 2019), AutumnW (24th June 2019), Dennis Leahy (21st June 2019), Forest Denizen (22nd June 2019), Gracy (21st June 2019), Kryztian (21st June 2019)

25. Link to Post #913
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,581 times in 1,719 posts

He may be part of an agenda which is fine, all politicians are to a degree, but please look at the other side.
    I am not Rep, or Dem, but try to look at the big picture.

E S

Oh and !@##!!
    Well, B'etc. may not be much of an answer on it's own but the ramifications involved in it are IMO.
    Don't you think I have taken a long look up and down and sideways.

I ask you to take a good look at the alternative and tell me what you think.
    We can agree to disagree if need be.

I am not Rep. or Dem. but look at the big picture.

ES
    Last edited by East Sun; 20th June 2019 at 23:48.
    Question Everything, always speak truth... Make the best of today, for there may not be a tomorrow!!! But, that's OK because tomorrow never comes, so we have nothing to worry about!!!

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

AutumnW (24th June 2019), Ba-ba-Ra (22nd June 2019), Dennis Leahy (21st June 2019), Deux Corbeaux (24th June 2019), Franny (21st June 2019)

27. Link to Post #914
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

I'm a progressive Socialist Canadian, East Sun, so the choice is out of my hands. But if I was an American I'd probably go with Elizabeth Warren. I'm beyond libtard right into near Communist territory by the hard right's definition. I like 'safe spaces,' you know, like hospital beds for terminally ill patients and homes for the homeless. Call me crazy!

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (22nd June 2019), Dennis Leahy (21st June 2019), Deux Corbeaux (24th June 2019), East Sun (21st June 2019), Forest Denizen (22nd June 2019), Franny (21st June 2019), ichingcarpenter (21st June 2019), Kryztian (21st June 2019)

29. Link to Post #915
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,418 times in 1,676 posts

My main criticism with Trump is I believe he will eventually be duped or outright lied to or deceived into war, or buckle to the pressure of the Deep State and the far right of his base. Not so sure how long he can hold off, but as of today, I'm more impressed than I was yesterday.

If we are to believe this 150 people are alive today who wouldn't be given every other POTUS I can think of going back to JFK.
    Last edited by T Smith; 22nd June 2019 at 05:52.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to T Smith For This Post:

AutumnW (24th June 2019), Ba-ba-Ra (22nd June 2019), Deux Corbeaux (24th June 2019)

31. Link to Post #916
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,420 times in 685 posts

China should nominate Trump for the Nobel Peace Price
    http://thesaker.is/trumps-trade-thre...-cold-war-2-0/

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kfm27917 For This Post:

AutumnW (24th June 2019), Franny (22nd June 2019)

33. Link to Post #917
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by T Smith (here)
    My main criticism with Trump is I believe he will eventually be duped or outright lied to or deceived into war, or buckle to the pressure of the Deep State and the far right of his base. Not so sure how long he can hold of, but as of today, I'm more impressed than I was yesterday.

If we are to believe this 150 people are alive today who wouldn't be given every other POTUS I can think of going back to JFK.
    Hmmm...yeah. And that would have nothing to do with the fact he becomes unelectable in 2020 if he starts a war? Plus Saudi Arabia and Israel face potentially grave consequences if the U.S. goes berserko on Iran The drone was shot down over Iranian territory btw. It's framed by the media as a total affront to the U.S. though.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Forest Denizen (22nd June 2019)

35. Link to Post #918
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

My main criticism with Trump is I believe he will eventually be duped or outright lied to or deceived into war, or buckle to the pressure of the Deep State and the far right of his base. Not so sure how long he can hold of, but as of today, I'm more impressed than I was yesterday.

Poor Trump. His once noble visage showing the strains of higher office. His head bowed with the humility and humanity that is part of his essence, his core being. He will never bend to the pressure, rest assured, because the man has a steely resolve to always do the right thing. He is selfless.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

East Sun (22nd June 2019)

37. Link to Post #919
    Thanks

Poor Trump. His once noble visage showing the strains of higher office. His head bowed with the humility and humanity that is part of his essence, his core being. He will never bend to the pressure, rest assured, because the man has a steely resolve to always do the right thing. He is selfless.
    I understand this is sarcasm. However, your observations still merit comment. I think you misunderstand. If he does not bend to the pressure (this remains uncertain as far as I'm concerned), it has nothing to do with his steady resolve to do the right thing (or anyone's delusions regarding his motives). Who bestows the polished veneer of the professional politician, let alone sainthood on Trump?

Refusing the gambit is all about him. And "winning" the move. Perhaps what he thinks is right, if anything.

If Trump refuses to bend to pressure it is because he's defending his own ego.
    Last edited by T Smith; 22nd June 2019 at 13:19.

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to T Smith For This Post:

AutumnW (24th June 2019), Ba-ba-Ra (22nd June 2019), ClearWater (24th June 2019), Deux Corbeaux (24th June 2019), kfm27917 (24th June 2019)

39. Link to Post #920
    Thanks

Hmmm...yeah. And that would have nothing to do with the fact he becomes unelectable in 2020 if he starts a war? Plus Saudi Arabia and Israel face potentially grave consequences if the U.S. goes berserko on Iran The drone was shot down over Iranian territory btw. It's framed by the media as a total affront to the U.S. though.
    Of course the drone was shot down over Iranian territory. This is the second orchestrated "provocation". Another will follow. And another. There will likely be casualties to come, until the POTUS takes the bait. This is my point. I'm not sure Trump is strong enough to resist.

Simply, the Powers That Be are baiting Trump to war. Isn't that obvious? If that is not obvious per your understanding of events, what do you think is going on?

On that front:

Hard to say how taking the bait affects the 2020 election. Typically the sheeple support a war president, especially if the POTUS is responding to a direct attack, e.g. Pearl Harbor, Gulf of Tonkin, 9/11, etc. A false flag provocation to lure US to war with Iran will likely galvanize support behind Trump. Not sure why you think war would hurt the POTUS reelection bid. You are giving the war-hungry and revengeful electorate way too much credit.
    Last edited by T Smith; 22nd June 2019 at 13:12.

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to T Smith For This Post:

AutumnW (24th June 2019), Ba-ba-Ra (22nd June 2019), Deux Corbeaux (24th June 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 93 FirstFirst 1 36 46 56 93 LastLast