+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anti-immigrant sentiment in Hungary

1. Link to Post #1
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,592 times in 5,379 posts

Default Anti-immigrant sentiment in Hungary

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/hungary...rban-1.3887398

Well written piece about the anti-immigrant sentiment in Hungary.

Although I support this stance, IN HUNGARY, being a rather pure race of peoples where immigrants could dilute the blood of the nation, I don't support it world-wide. Europe, with its group of distinct languages and national uniqueness, is not a place for masses of migrants with completely different ideologies and expectations.

In Canada, the influx of immigrants is almost a tradition. Yet even here we have had our problems because of the decades-long increase in immigration numbers. Housing shortages has caused a massive increase in the cost of owning a home. Car insurance has gone through the roof. Licensing has gotten out of hand, to the point where every method of making money now requires a permit or a license - everything from street side busker, to stripper, to a pre-teen entrepreneur's lemonade stand. Also, because of the increase in citizens, most of our government services have been reduced or turned into a user-pay services or has been sold to private interests.

In Hungary, already chock full of right-wing nutcases, the immigration question has been taken as a threat and as a possible attack on her culture. She did not go to the middle east and bomb the crap out of its people, she should not have to endure the fallout either.

I am glad of their stance and proud to be of that lineage. Once the immigration doors are open, even a crack, it would not be long before the door is flung wide open and then chaos would result.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Carmody (13th December 2016), Chester (23rd July 2017), Foxie Loxie (11th December 2016), KiwiElf (11th October 2017), Molly4US (10th October 2017), sdv (11th December 2016), seko (11th December 2016), Sophocles (23rd July 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Retired Member JChombre's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Anti-immigrant sentiment in Hungary

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)

Although I support this stance, IN HUNGARY, being a rather pure race of peoples where immigrants could dilute the blood of the nation, I don't support it world-wide. Europe, with its group of distinct languages and national uniqueness, is not a place for masses of migrants with completely different ideologies and expectations.

In Canada, the influx of immigrants is almost a tradition. Yet even here we have had our problems because of the decades-long increase in immigration numbers. Housing shortages has caused a massive increase in the cost of owning a home. Car insurance has gone through the roof. Licensing has gotten out of hand, to the point where every method of making money now requires a permit or a license - everything from street side busker, to stripper, to a pre-teen entrepreneur's lemonade stand. Also, because of the increase in citizens, most of our government services have been reduced or turned into a user-pay services or has been sold to private interests.

In Hungary, already chock full of right-wing nutcases, the immigration question has been taken as a threat and as a possible attack on her culture. She did not go to the middle east and bomb the crap out of its people, she should not have to endure the fallout either.

I am glad of their stance and proud to be of that lineage. Once the immigration doors are open, even a crack, it would not be long before the door is flung wide open and then chaos would result.

History has an uncanny way to repeat itself until humanity gets the point. Some of the argumentation presented in the op are reminiscence of the Third Reich.

I suppose, it is ok to maintain the "pure race" in Europe while basterdizing and eradicating indigenous populations all over the world. That's pretty sad.

It is also interesting to see how ferociously anti-immigrant yesterday's immigrants are today. I wonder how our Native American/First Nations brothers feel about that.

JC

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JChombre For This Post:

Carmody (13th December 2016), Cipher (12th December 2016), Ernie Nemeth (12th December 2016), kirolak (12th December 2016), KiwiElf (11th October 2017), Matthew (13th December 2016)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,291 times in 744 posts

What is so "pure" about any race that it needs preserving? Animals that do not cross-breed become weaker & weaker. I don't know the answer, but turning away people or animals in need is not it. What happened to "we are all one"?

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kirolak For This Post:

JChombre (12th December 2016), Matthew (13th December 2016), TargeT (13th December 2016)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

I got electrocuted the other day because my co-worker does not speak proper English. That's what happens

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Carmody (13th December 2016), Chester (23rd July 2017), Foxie Loxie (12th December 2016), JChombre (12th December 2016), Molly4US (10th October 2017), PurpleLama (13th December 2016), seko (23rd July 2017), Sophocles (23rd July 2017), TargeT (13th December 2016)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Retired Member JChombre's Avatar
    Thanks

I got electrocuted the other day because my co-worker does not speak proper English. That's what happens
    I am very sorry to hear about your situation. I hope it was not a life frightening situation, and that you have fully recovered.

Out of respect for your condition, I am not going to elaborate extensively on your post. I just have a few questions.

Do you think that you bear some responsibility in the unfortunate event that happened to you? If your colleague did not speak English could you communicate with him in French? I am asking because Canada is a French/English bilingual country.

The point that I am making here is that we are responsible for whatever happens in our lives. Pointing the finger and blaming the outside world is not helping us create the best reality that we want. The problem is not outside, it is inside each one of us. It is "the virus of corruption inside us" as Din, a PA member so eloquently states in post #2, in "Trump is NOT the answer" thread. Please consider reading this post when the time is right for you.

Many blessings.

JC

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JChombre For This Post:

kirolak (13th December 2016)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,684 times in 8,938 posts

Ernie, you come from immigration and centuries later than my family. If we had forced you out, or refusedyou, you would still be in hungary. I wonder too why your family moved in Canada. So, about immigration, give me a break.

If you were telling of the immigrants integration nightmare when they come by millions at a time, or when it is skewed towards young males only wanting to do the jihad on one hand and thinking it is a given right, by God, to have everything western civilisation can provide on the other hand, we could have a conversation about brainwashing, or cultures, or schooling and more. But talking of the purity of the hungarian race!!! Give me a break ...

You may have to read about Hungary history - the race is far from pure to start with - and the concept of purity is way pass his time.

Oh yeah, i forgot: it is in the nature of an electrician work to have mishappenings with electricity. Sorry it happened but NO, and bzzzzz with a shake is an international language when working with outlets. My boyfriend got a electrical shock this week end because of me and it is not due to language at all and he is not making a fuss aboutit. We are on 110 here, not on 220 or 240 like in Europe.

Last edited by Flash; 12th December 2016 at 21:18.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Carmody (13th December 2016), Ernie Nemeth (13th December 2016), greybeard (12th December 2016), kirolak (13th December 2016), seko (23rd July 2017), Sophocles (23rd July 2017)

13. Link to Post #7
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,858 times in 11,838 posts

I think if everybody got their ancestry checked back a few hundred years they might get a surprise.
    Obviously thats simplifying a difficult situation --the arrival of a large mass of people of a different culture this is not easy to integrate into the current society that has taken time to evolve to its present state.

Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Carmody (13th December 2016), Flash (12th December 2016), kirolak (13th December 2016), Matthew (13th December 2016), Molly4US (10th October 2017), seko (23rd July 2017), Sophocles (23rd July 2017)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

I got a trouncing, and well deserved.

Reading my words makes me cringe.

Of course immigrants need to be shown compassion, they have been uprooted against their will.

But what is happening in France, Germany and England is horrendous. The other nations of the EU are terrified of a similar fate.

I would like to say we caused this problem so we must deal with it but we didn't. And yet ultimately we did do it by our usual method of coerced consent. Yes we caused this mess by our acquiescence to a system that has no respect for human life. I'm sorry for my part in it. Yet I have long ago rejected the paltry payoff this society has to offer as reward for a life of drudgery and pointlessness. So my stance is as honest as can be in this world.

But Hungary was asked to take in a measly 1000 people, I find it rather cruel that they didn't. 1000 immigrants are no threat to 9,000,000. Of course the fence was built to deter the hundreds of thousands crossing Hungary by foot with other destinations in mind. They weren't allowed on transit and many walked the length and breadth of the country. Along the way there were the usual atrocities on both sides. Many will never be reported because of PC, political correctness.

Of my blood. It was an obsession with my grandmother, who told me often that my blood was verified Hungarian, with not a bit of ..... blood back five hundred years. Her generation was persecuted by the Jewish purge of the Nazi regime. It stuck with me. Since I have no other identity, I am proud of it. I the last immigrant in my family, so you are right about that, Flash. I was 3months old when we came to Canada. Both my sisters are naturalized, having been born here.

As for my parents and their parents being turned away at the border, we would have gone somewhere else, that's all. And that is not being very historically accurate since Canada is a country of refugees - and conquerors.

What I am mostly proud of is Hungary's defiance of EU dictates. Hungary will not buckle under to the unelected officials running the EU parliament. That is refreshing. I am sure Britains are just as proud of the Brexit vote. It is a matter of principal, Most counties in the bloc will not stand up against the tyrannical rule of the centralists.

You wonder why our family moved? Rent a few Nazi movies, or just read the news out of America to see why. We were persecuted. We were forced to bow to occupiers. We were rounded up and disappeared. We had no food. There was no future as free men. That's why they left.

Would I have left? No! I would have stayed and fought an underground war to this very day! No way would I have left my homeland to the Nazis and then the Russians! But I was just a bump in my mother's belly and had no say.

I admit an embarrassing lack of knowledge of Hungary's past. I do know they went on raids around Europe and east from time to time bringing back women and children from other lands. Their language has a root that along with only two others is traced back to Sumerian origins, being maybe the most similar of all languages to Sumerian. We are an ancient race.

As for electrical. I got shocked by commercial lighting - 347volts! That's serious! The reason was simple: he said something in broken, heavily accented English that I did not understand but he thought I did. I reached into an open light he directed me to that was live (he called it alive and I heard "all white", so I was looking for an unmarked hot wire). All power is supposed to be off in this sort of work but sometimes we do the night lights with power on so there is some lights to see by.

As for sounding like a Nazi, well it sure sounds like it when I read it over. Yet I stand by everything I've said.

The lop-sided narrative is because of the context. At this level it may sound like Nazi-talk. But it is because of the nasty, greedy, unscrupulous system that we live under that these atrocities occur. It is built into the system itself. The system causes these disparities and depends upon them. Without them the system collapses because the system uses disparity as a motivator, to try again, work harder, earn more money, live "the good life". All the while the system spits out its victims one by one: the poor, the disenfranchised, the disillusioned, the unlucky, the black sheep.

As far as making a fuss. I thought that is what this forum is for. I seen you fuss up many topics. I'm sure I'll fuss up more. It may be more my style that you object to, and that is understandable. Until the mods say otherwise, I will remain a fussy writer.

Thanks for the input.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Carmody (13th December 2016), kirolak (13th December 2016), KiwiElf (11th October 2017), seko (23rd July 2017), Sophocles (23rd July 2017)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,315 times in 10,234 posts

yo, just so people know, '347 volts', is actually a RMS sine wave calculation, where the voltage is 'averaged'. the real number is a 981 volt sine wave, 490volts positive then 490 volts negative (opposite polarity of flow), at a 60hz repeat cycle. That's enough to kill. When I was 'hit' by fluorescent fixtures, it's blackout time, kinda thing. Once I was hit by a leaky pair of them, wired out of phase. Pretty darned close to electric chair treatment.

Regarding the discussion, a society and culture can handle only so much dilution. then it collapses. Nevermind the other complex myriad of pushes and pulls from the new ingredients other than basic inclusion/absorption.

What Europe seems to have been set up for, is collapse by overt dilution and interference.

Then to use the mounting anger and response to unite and kill off Islam and the middle east. (seems WWI and WWII and all the mid-east wars haven't done the job) Just one branch of directed opportunity and potential, in creation and act/flow.

It appears to be a forced march by oligarchs hiding in the backdrop. Left open enough so that it can be fine tuned along the way. Besides the game being played on much deeper levels like technology control via erasing historical finds or controlling them, erasing history, contaminating lands so they are unrecoverable (Fallujah - depleted uranium, etc)

This may seem obvious to some but it must be said until people understand that it is purposeful manipulation for unspoken purpose. Unspoken .....so that it is not easy to discern and correct for.
    Last edited by Carmody; 13th December 2016 at 17:30.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

Cara (14th December 2016), Chester (23rd July 2017), Ernie Nemeth (13th December 2016), Foxie Loxie (11th October 2017), seko (23rd July 2017), Sophocles (23rd July 2017)

19. Link to Post #10
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,656 times in 8,694 posts

Of course immigrants need to be shown compassion, they have been uprooted against their will.
    Refugees have been uprooted, immigrants chose to come.

I think immigrants need to integrate, if you choose to come to a place, you are obliged to fit in; NOT be a accommodated.

But what is happening in France, Germany and England is horrendous. The other nations of the EU are terrified of a similar fate.
    They are really loving that cultural enrichment!

I rarely get angry, this video is infuriating... more so that there were by standers...

Color me anti-uncontrolled-immigration.....
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (15th December 2016), Foxie Loxie (11th October 2017), Molly4US (11th October 2017)

21. Link to Post #11
    Norway Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,441 times in 780 posts

The Unspeakable Crime of V. Orbán

journal-neo.org
    05.07.2017 Author: F. William Engdahl

Some people seem like they never learn how to play the game. At the top of the list in the European Union these days is Hungary and her stubborn Prime Minister, Viktor Orbán. He just doesn’t seem to get it. He doesn’t understand that it’s not “European” to defend the sovereign rights of your citizens and your nation. No matter how the EU faceless technocrats hovering around the dubious Luxembourg EU President Jean-Claude Juncker try to educate Orbán and his government, he doesn’t seem to get it.

The past year has been a tough one for the Brussels’ EU political correctness Supremos. First Mr Orbán insisted on going through with a national referendum. How anti-European! Letting citizens vote on issues affecting their lives in their own countries! What a dangerous idea if that ever spreads. Next thing you know women might demand genuine equality and to be taken seriously as human beings. Horror!

Last October 2016 Viktor Orbán’s government organized a referendum vote on whether to let the faceless, unelected EU Commission of President Jean-Claude Juncker (or his successors) dictate the number of refugees from North Africa and the Middle East Hungary would be forced to welcome, including to pay for and more. The Hungarian voters voted with over a whopping 98% in agreement with their Prime Minister that Brussels should have no such right.

In matter of fact it was Germany and France in September 2015 who convinced EU Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker to turn to using a “qualified majority” vote, a sly way under the EU Lisbon Treaty to ram through decisions of the more powerful states against the smaller EU member wishes. Instead of the EU practice of using unanimity to decide such sensitive matters as forced taking of refugees, Germany and France forced through a relocation plan for 120,000 refugees using a qualified majority vote in an area where it has no legal competence to act according to EU legal scholars.

Fortunately, Brussels could ignore the Hungarian referendum vote on a technicality that just under 50% of eligible voters voted. Soros-allied NGO’s and their allies in Hungary waged a massive boycott campaign before the vote. “Whew! That was a close call. Democracy almost caught us in the act.”

And just to be sure no one in the rest of the EU would get suspicious that some basic democratic rights were being trampled on in Hungary, the anti-nationalist mainstream EU media threw a relentless barrage of calumny against Orbán for even daring to ask a popular vote.

University Transparency?

Next, that irascible troublemaker Orbán and his Education Ministry introduced a law that passed Hungary’s Parliament requiring Hungarian universities granting degrees in more than one country actually establish campuses in each and every country. The glaring offender was the Budapest Central European University (CEU). That curious institution was founded in 1991 just after the fall of communism by financial speculator and NGO fake democracy funder supreme, George Soros, in the post-communist chaos of Europe.

The new Hungarian law also required among other things that employees of the Budapest Soros university obtain work permits, a practice normal in every western democracy. The Central European University claimed that for some reason that would “limit its ability to hire staff.” The CEU spokespeople did not say that that ability limiting aspect of the new law was because undercover CIA agents were reluctant to file for legal work permits in foreign countries of operation. Or is there some other reason that law would limit the ability of Soros Budapest university to hire staff? The Orbán government has also demanded that the university open a campus in America as it grants degrees in New York State but has no campus there, and that it teach courses accredited by Hungarian education authorities and no longer teach US-accredited courses. Soros managed apparently to finnagle accreditation of their degrees in both Hungary and in the USA, despite the fact there is no US campus.

Money from Soros’ Open Society NGO went to finance among other things courses and training at the Soros Budapest university in a “civil learning and innovation (sic) platform to help strengthen the fabric of civil society in Hungary.”

The Central European University also takes money, lots of it, from the CIA-connected US Government NGO called National Endowment for Democracy (NED) as well as from Soros’ foundations. One recent NED grant to the Soros Budapest university went for a project at the university for honing the “skills of young Romani activists and scholars and promote their engagement in public service…focusing on public policy and human rights.” Some say Soros’ Central Europen University course offering reads more like a hybrid from a Saul Alinsky Rules for Radicals handbook and a Gene Sharp Color Revolution manual on “non-violence as a weapon of warfare.”

Rules of the club?

That new Hungarian university law really caused Brussels bureaucrats like Super-Commissar Frans Timmermans, the commission’s First Vice President, real heartburn before he was able to force Orbán to set aside the law after many threats to Orbán and his government. Timmermans, a former Dutch foreign minister who can never be faulted for erring on the side of democracy, remarked at the time, “The European Union is a project driven and designed by its member states.” He scolded Orbán, declaring that Hungary should remember she had signed on to “the rules of the club.”(sic)

EU Commission As Politburo

Yeah, Orbán, you thought joining the EU was joining a union of sovereign nation states engaged in principled dialogue? How naive can you be? It’s a club, and Brussels’ unelected Supremos like Juncker, and his seven Über-Commissars like Timmermans, will decide what’s good for you. “Them’s the rules of our club. Get it? I beg your pardon, Viktor Orbán, but we never promised you a rose garden, did we?”

Just to make clear that Brussels dictates ain’t about democracy and such silly old-fashioned notions, Juncker, on getting Angela Merkel’s definitely undemocratic nod to become EU President in 2014, created a new structure of seven Super-Commissioners or more appropriately, Super-Commissars. It resembles the old Soviet Politburo in most respects except that Brussels today is possibly a bit less democratic than Brezhnev’s Politburo.

Timmermans, technically First Vice-President under President Juncker, is Super-Commissar responsible for many portfolios including refugee or “migrant” policy as the EU euphemistically terms it.

The Juncker Super-Commissioners move the EU Commission even further away from any semblance of democracy. These Super Commissioners have the authority to control and frame other Commissioners’ activities including the right to veto any legislative proposal issued by their colleagues according to a fact book leaked from Soros’ Open Society Institutes.

Today the EU Commission is a power pyramid of unelected authority with President Juncker at the top and First Vice President Timmermans just beneath him. All other commissioners fall under their powers. This is something rarely discussed in public discussion in European mainstream media.

Now You Target NGOs?

The most recent Hungarian government slap in the face to Juncker and those God-fearing Commissars in Brussels and their pal George Soros is a new law the Orbán government proposed and the Hungarian Parliament approved on foreign-financed NGOs. Under the new law, any Hungarian NGO receiving more than €24,000 from foreign sources must make an annual declaration to the Hungarian government of precisely who the sources of their funds were. If an NGO refuses to divulge they risk being closed.

How vulgar! Now you can be sure that the myriad of Hungarian NGOs and assorted groups financed by the billions of dollars from Soros and his Washington NGO friends such as National Endowment for Democracy are not happy with even this mild new law. Perhaps they have something to hide from the Hungarian government? Who knows? Immediately the German Foreign Ministry, certainly no foe of Mr. Soros, issued a statement condemning the Hungarian NGO law. Foreign Minister spokesman Martin Schaefer said the new Hungarian law on NGOs puts it in the company of such countries as Russia and China which consider “financing NGOs from abroad as a hostile act.”

No one bothers to mention the fact that the United States has something called the Foreign Agents Registration Act requiring that agents representing the interests of foreign powers in a “political or quasi-political capacity” disclose their relationship with the foreign government and information about related activities and finances.

EU Makes Stupid Blunder

Taking what the Brussels EU Commissars clearly regard as the insufferable insolence of Orbán and the Hungarians against the Brussels attempt at absolute power over member country internal affairs, the EU decided to take the extraordinary act of launching “infringement procedures” against Hungary’s government. If the EU court finds Hungary guilty it could demand fines and other sanctions. Until now the EU Commission has never sanctioned an EU member state. A try of sanctions in 2000 against Austria for allowing members of Jörg Haider’s Austrian Freedom Party, FPÖ, into a coalition government were quickly dropped owing to huge anti-EU opposition.

For good measure, the EU court filing also included Poland and the Czech Republic who also steadfastly refuse to take the Brussels mandated refugees from Italy and Greece.

The EU Commission legal attack followed a May 17 vote of the EU Parliament–another bizarre not-democratic body if ever there was one. The EU Parliament, citing Hungary’s refusal on refugees as well as her new law on NGOs and the law on the Soros University, demanded that the EU trigger Article 7.1 of the EU Treaty that allows Brussels to determine if a member state has breached the EU “values” and whether it should be punished, including suspension of voting rights within the EU.

The Brussels legal attack on Hungary, Poland and the Czech Republic will likely blow up in their face and accelerate the further dissolution of the obviously ill-conceived European Union. At the very least it forges unity of those under attack and stiffens resistance to a clearly autocratic EU bureaucracy and power patriarchy.

It‘s becoming crystal clear to more and more European citizens that the monster that is Brussels today does not represent the true interests of EU citizens. The unspeakable crime of V. Orbán is his insistence on acting in the interests of his citizens not to the self-declared arrogant unelected Commissars in Brussels.

Full source

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sophocles For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (11th October 2017), Foxie Loxie (23rd July 2017), seko (23rd July 2017)

23. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

I have personally noticed that a lot of times the not speaking proper English is deliberate and opportunistic. Perhaps you work with electricity or high voltage lines? But where I live there is a covert war against citizens in which some inter-linked, very organized groups use stun gun, sonic gun, tesla gun, microwave gun, and electro-magnetic gun, and frequency scalar-wave guns to take us out of our jobs, scare people from their living locale, and even use the weapons to slowly take out churches. It is a huge flux using a push to gain ground such as in the game, "capture the flag." Very similar. Truth vs. bend over.
    Last edited by Molly4US; 11th October 2017 at 00:05.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Molly4US For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (11th October 2017)

25. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

I am currently reading a book called, "10 Amazing Muslims Touched by God". I was reading it as encouragement, and to learn how to witness about the Lord to Muslims, in case they seemed open to wanting to hear the gospel. Well, from the ex-Muslims themselves who had been very devout before their conversion to Christianity, they disclosed that in Muslim households it is taught that "war is the way to spread Islam." Lying and falseflags is also taught as very desirable: They are even termed as "good deeds" for Islam, and in their belief they can only go to heaven to be with Allah if they perform "good deeds" or "jihad-martyrdom" (jihad being highly praised by the family as Allah will invite the whole family to be with him in heaven if a jihad is performed. There is a lot of homework to do regarding understanding different cultures and religions. Sometimes we may use the same words, but they have entirely different meanings.

Speaking of compassion, here is a moving and factual testimony in the book mentioned above was of a Palastinian woman who had been raised from 1-7 years of age as Jewish, but when her orphanage household was destroyed she was sold to a Muslim family for 5 shekels, after being given in arranged marriage twice and beaten repeatedly in both, she and her 3 little children fled and became homeless in the United States (they were living in the U.S. already with the 2nd husband). She met a lady who owned a store, who then employed her. The employer let them stay in her home and they became friends. They shared discussions of each others faith. After some time (2 years), the young woman received the Lord and became a Christian, fully realizing the love and compassion of God vs the submission to male sadism preached by Muhammed.

For some more interesting cultural differences, please see my posting in General Discussions/Music and Culture/Enlightenment Imperative

Also regarding the EU, please google and learn about the introduction and spread of New Variant Chlamydia into the EU. Victims of rape (mostly 13 to 15 years of age) went undiagnosed for years due to the introduction of a new strain which there previously was no test for, nor awareness of its existence. Left undetected and treated can lead to organ infections and sterility.

Sorry to harp on one religion as I know there are immigrants of all kinds, but it is very important to realize, that Islamics in Western countries who convert to Christianity are then often hunted down to be killed. I feel it is wrong to continue to allow in-migration of cultures and religions who have a prior covert thirst to kill us in our own lands.
    Last edited by Molly4US; 11th October 2017 at 00:24.

26. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

I find religion tedious and irrelevant. The fundamental consistencies from one religion to the next are common sense and require no dogma of belief: Be good to others and respect all life.

The rest is just there to 'divide and conquer', as per usual.

This world is dominated by Judeo-Christian values. The most prominent underlying aspect of this world is: Go out and conquer. Conquer the natural world and conquer all pagan nations and peoples. It is a system operating upon a flawed fundamental discrepancy: there are no closed systems. What you do to one human you do to all, or yo get the fallout to deal with. Immigration in this thread would be that fallout.

Have to close this post, word processor gone awahl...
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (11th October 2017), TargeT (11th October 2017), Valerie Villars (7th July 2018)

28. Link to Post #15
    Norway Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,441 times in 780 posts

EU Summit – Orbán: Hungary not to become immigrant country

Posted by Daily News | Jun 29, 2018 | Politics

The Visegrad Group succeeded in getting its proposal accepted at the current European Union summit and Hungary will not become an immigrant country, Prime Minister Viktor Orbán said in a video message posted on his Facebook page early on Friday.

There was a threat that migrants from refugee camps would be distributed among European countries, Orbán said.

We have managed to thwart this proposal and have our proposal accepted,” he added.

The Visegrad proposal clearly stated that nobody can be transferred from refugee camps to another country without the latter’s consent, he added.

As a result, Hungary will not become an immigrant country. It will remain a country of Hungarians, Orbán said.

A two-day EU summit started in Brussels on Thursday where European Union heads of state and government are focussing on the common migrant and refugee policies, the EU’s next financial framework as well as economic and trade issues.

Donald Tusk

European Council President Donald Tusk has said in a tweet that EU leaders reached an agreement on a joint statement closing their talks on Thursday that included the issue of handling migration. According to the statement, centres for the relocation and resettlement of migrants would be set up on a voluntary basis within the EU.

Socialists

Gábor Harangozó, a board member of the opposition Socialists, said on Friday that the agreement reached on Thursday indicated the European countries’ will to make joint efforts for handling the migrant issue rather than acting individually, on the national level. This approach, he said, goes against Viktor Orbán’s policy.

This is a major success for Europe,… which, I strongly believe, is at the same time a defeat for Viktor Orbán,” Harangozó told reporters.

LMP

Green LMP’s deputy group leader Márta Demeter told a press conference that the summit took important decisions “but relatively small steps, compared to the weight of the problem”. She welcomed that participants had reached agreements in certain areas, Demeter said, and added that the closing agreement of the summit is another proof that quotas are not on the agenda.

Photo: MTI/EPA/Nicolas Lambert

Source: MTI

Source

-----------------------------------
    -----------------------------------

Relevant articles:

What consent? Hungary, Poland & Czech Republic deny sealing migrant deal with Merkel

Hungary debates anti-migrant 'Stop Soros' bill

Hungary's Orban tells Germany: 'You wanted the migrants, we didn't'

‘You are unbalanced & one-sided’: Hungary’s FM spars with BBC reporter in heated migration debate
    Last edited by Sophocles; 6th July 2018 at 12:22. Reason: Links added

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sophocles For This Post:

Bill Ryan (5th July 2018), Foxie Loxie (5th July 2018), Hervé (5th July 2018)

30. Link to Post #16
    Austria Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Well, it is rather ironic, because Vienna is chock-full of Hungarian and other Eastern immigrants. It seems to me that Hungary and its neighbours are quite happy to let their people go abroad to work and send home the money, plus to receive very generous subsidies from the EU. So they send millions of their own people abroad, but when immigrants from even poorer countries want to move there, suddenly it is the end of the world and they must build a wall to keep them out. To me, that is a very hypocritical approach. I also have many Hungarian and other Eastern friends, but some of them have a blind spot about how they enjoy the benefits of open borders, but only when it suits them.

31. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

Not only "when it suits them" but when those that come do not suit anyone...
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (6th August 2018)

+ Reply to Thread