+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Musings From a Mother

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks

Default Musings From a Mother

She could have been anyone however she was my mother. I have been in possesion of these for a decade now.
    I read them on this morning, one day after her passing.
    May God bless her soul.
    Peggy passed 0n 12-11-2016 at 8:41 pm. She was 80 years young.

God speaks with the voice of being, and that reverberates through time and space. We hear thru the filter of our own time and space, but the essential message is the same:I AM. Because of that, we are. He who would seek the will of God need only pursue that which purpetuates existance, that is,that which promotes harmony within ourselves and with our surroundings. Any act that does this exists forever,simply because it happened.

2. The Following 32 Users Say Thank You to pine boy For This Post:

annacherie (8th January 2017), Bill Ryan (14th December 2016), Cara (14th December 2016), ceetee9 (14th December 2016), conk (13th December 2016), Daughter of Time (14th December 2016), DNA (13th December 2016), drneglector (18th December 2016), Ewan (14th December 2016), Foxie Loxie (15th December 2016), genevieve (13th December 2016), Ioneo (13th December 2016), Ivanhoe (13th December 2016), JChombre (15th December 2016), jjjones (14th December 2016), joeecho (14th December 2016), littleOne (14th December 2016), Mercedes (14th December 2016), Nasu (13th December 2016), Pam (14th December 2016), raregem (13th December 2016), shijo (13th December 2016), Sojourner (14th December 2016), StandingWave (14th December 2016), Star Tsar (14th December 2016), Stephanie (13th December 2016), sunpaw (18th December 2016), sunwings (13th December 2016), The Freedom Train (14th December 2016), Vward (17th December 2016), Wind (14th December 2016), Zampano (14th December 2016)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: Musings From a Mother

Parable Of The Nuts

Once there was a purveyor of nuts-all kinds of nuts. In order to determine the quality of his nuts, and so set a value on them, it was necessary for him to open and taste some of each species. The soft shelled pistacios he could open with his fingernail. The almond and the hazlenut he could open by simply squeezing them togetherin his hand. But the Brazil nut required a nutcracker. And the black walnut because of its extreme hardness, it was necessary for him to fetch a sledgehammer.

The lesson to be learned from all this inanity is that, if God chooses you, you might as well relinquish your shell, because you don't have a chance of keeping it anyway! Or maybe the point is that the thicker the shell you construct, the more force will be necessary to free you from it. Or maybe just that black walnuts must have their own special value, or God would stick to pistacios !

4. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to pine boy For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th December 2016), Cara (14th December 2016), drneglector (18th December 2016), Ewan (14th December 2016), Foxie Loxie (13th December 2016), Ivanhoe (13th December 2016), jjjones (14th December 2016), joeecho (14th December 2016), littleOne (14th December 2016), Matthew (15th December 2016), Mercedes (14th December 2016), Nasu (13th December 2016), Pam (14th December 2016), raregem (13th December 2016), Sojourner (14th December 2016), StandingWave (14th December 2016), Star Tsar (14th December 2016), Stephanie (13th December 2016), sunpaw (18th December 2016), The Freedom Train (14th December 2016), Vward (17th December 2016)

5. Link to Post #3
    Moderator/Guide

Thanks
    Thanked 7,472 times in 783 posts

Quote Posted by pine boy (here)
    She could have been anyone however she was my mother. I have been in possesion of these for a decade now.
    I read them on this morning, one day after her passing.
    May God bless her soul.
    Peggy passed 0n 12-11-2016 at 8:41 pm. She was 80 years young..
    All my heartfelt, loving blessings for you and your dearest mother.

6. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Stephanie For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th December 2016), ceetee9 (14th December 2016), Ewan (14th December 2016), Foxie Loxie (15th December 2016), jjjones (14th December 2016), joeecho (14th December 2016), Mercedes (14th December 2016), Pam (14th December 2016), pine boy (14th December 2016), Sojourner (14th December 2016), Star Tsar (14th December 2016), The Freedom Train (14th December 2016)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Parable Of The Nuts

Once there was a purveyor of nuts-all kinds of nuts. In order to determine the quality of his nuts, and so set a value on them, it was necessary for him to open and taste some of each species. The soft shelled pistacios he could open with his fingernail. The almond and the hazlenut he could open by simply squeezing them togetherin his hand. But the Brazil nut required a nutcracker. And the black walnut because of its extreme hardness, it was necessary for him to fetch a sledgehammer.

The lesson to be learned from all this inanity is that, if God chooses you, you might as well relinquish your shell, because you don't have a chance of keeping it anyway! Or maybe the point is that the thicker the shell you construct, the more force will be necessary to free you from it. Or maybe just that black walnuts must have their own special value, or God would stick to pistacios !
    Waow that's such a beautiful parable, I love it!

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sojourner For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (15th December 2016), joeecho (14th December 2016), Mercedes (14th December 2016), Pam (14th December 2016), pine boy (14th December 2016), Stephanie (14th December 2016), The Freedom Train (14th December 2016)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,293 times in 2,822 posts

Parable Of The Nuts

The greater it is to crack the greater the temporal reward.

The greatest? The impenetrable.

10. Link to Post #6
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,844 times in 572 posts

Thank you for your open, loving, trusting ways, to share such lovely stories of your mother. I send you my love and well wishes as you continue to mourn and process your loss.

Here is a picture for you of a fire I built for my daughter's school camping trip last year. A prayer of transformation for the highest good of all.

11. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to The Freedom Train For This Post:

annacherie (8th January 2017), Foxie Loxie (15th December 2016), joeecho (14th December 2016), Mercedes (14th December 2016), pine boy (14th December 2016), Star Tsar (14th December 2016), Stephanie (14th December 2016), Vward (17th December 2016)

12. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Thanks to you all for reading my moms writings. I'll post the entire binder here very shortly. It would be such a shame not to share. Mom made the world a better place.

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pine boy For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (15th December 2016), joeecho (15th December 2016), Mercedes (14th December 2016), Stephanie (14th December 2016), sunpaw (18th December 2016), Vward (17th December 2016)

14. Link to Post #8
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,293 times in 2,822 posts

I sense she did, pine boy, I sense she did (and still does). It's people like your Mom that make a often times difficult world tolerable if not wonderful in places.

15. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

God The Mother

Did it ever occur to you that the metaphors we use for God and earth have become reversed? It seems to me that in today's world we should talk about God the Mother and Father Earth.

This was not always the case, of course. In the patriarchal background against which the Old Testament was written, God was viewed as a violently and vengeful being, as witness: Lot's wife being turned to a pillar of salt for what appears to be a very human action, simply looking back at her homeland. Obediance was paramount. God was loving as long as we obeyed, but punishment was swift and severe if we did not. God the father was the epitome of the Jewish patriarch.

Mother Earth on the other hand was the source of nourisment and wealth. From Mother came the wheat for the bread, Olive branches and lambs to be sacrificed to appease God the Father.

Today, the earth seems to be the avenger. Dust bowls follow our irresponsabble cultivation, landslides follow the destruction of the rain forests, mutations and malformations follow toxins in the air we breath and the water we drink. We have an El Nino, followed by La Nina, with floods, record snowfalls, droughts, and tornados, Why? because we have disobeyed the laws of Father Nature.

The nurturing and care-giving role that we have historically assigned to women closely parallels the actions of God as he is envisioned today. God the Mother gives us life. She is the help of the helpless and the hope of the the hopeless. She offers us unconditional love, and loves us still when we refuse to acknowledge that love. She gentles and civilizes the world, and heals the evils that we do to ourselves and others. God the Mother.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pine boy For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (15th December 2016), joeecho (16th December 2016), Stephanie (17th December 2016)

17. Link to Post #10
    Germany Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,189 times in 1,661 posts

to all:

research the incredible work/expoundings of former/deceased Finnish Health Minister Rauni Kilde (her incredible legacy has been preserved on YouTube) about countless things but above all, her expoundings about "there is no death";

Rauni Kilde is in my humble estimation one of the greatest souls who ever incarnated in our lifetime-

stay well all-

Larry

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cardillac For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (15th December 2016), pine boy (16th December 2016), Stephanie (17th December 2016)

19. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

pine boy....Your Mother is still blessing all our lives for having lived & nurturing a caring son like you! I'm sure you can still feel her "presence"; I have heard of others who have experienced such things. Thanks for the "hug" photo, joeecho, that was touching & SO true!

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

joeecho (16th December 2016), pine boy (16th December 2016), Stephanie (17th December 2016)

21. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

The Legacy

Not the first to bloom, the redbuds, but the wisest.
    They taunt the fading winter winds with sprays of pink and rose.
    Baiting the last somber chill to spend itself harmlessly before risking more.
    Leaves appear later, replacing the merely beautiful with the life sustaining.

For eighteen years we greeted this ritual together; later, apart for thirteen years more.
    The first to see alerted the other:The redbuds are blooming! And we shared the joy of approaching spring, of warming earth and dancing butterflies and fragrant flowers. And sunlight.

Delight Melted into horror that year.
    The redbuds are blooming! But no joy cme back.
    She had forgotten the magic
    So the spring could not come. She no longer felt the warmth
    Or smelled the flowers or danced in the sunlight with the butterflies.

I still wait for the redbuds each year; she gave me that.
    But now the excitement is tainted by sadness and dread.
    Already the hues are much paler, and the earth less warm.

Which spring will I forget the redbuds and be locked in winter forever.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pine boy For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (18th December 2016), Stephanie (21st December 2016)

23. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

One never forgets rosebuds!

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

pine boy (24th December 2016), Stephanie (21st December 2016)

25. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

Smile Re: Musings From a Mother

Thy Will Be Done

One day God instructed one of his followers to travel from point A to point B. The person concidered this commandvery carefully, for there was a large mountain between point A and point B. After many weeks of puzzling and postponing and excuse making, he fell to his knees and prayed, "God, I can see you really intend for me to go from point A to point B, and I am willing to do that. However, before i can go, I must have a pair of bootsto climb that damn mountain, or my feet will be cut to pieces." And then the man went to sleep, feeling self-satisfied in his submission to God's will.

For a week, more or less the man waited for God to supply the boots, but none were forthcoming. The man prayed, "Surely , God, you can see that I will never make it over that miserable mountain unless I have heavy leather boots, with thick rubber soles so I won't slip, and high tops to protect my ankles." But there was not even a half price sale in any of the local booteries. Eventually, in desperation, the man purchased the boots and full mountain-climbing regalia, at no inconsiderable cost to himself, when truly it was not he who wanted to go in the first place.

In the morning he awoke, and prepared for his journey, packing food and equipment. Finally he slipped his feet into his boots and set out. When he opened the door he saw, in the very place the mountain had been,a grassy meadow, sprinkled with dew and studded with bright yellow flowers.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pine boy For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (30th December 2016), Stephanie (31st December 2016)

27. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

I AM

I AM -the predecessor of all creation throughout eternity - the Essence of all things bright and beautiful.
    Before a tree is a tree, it is a living thing;before it has life, it is an object; even before that, it is.
    Here it is with I AM

A tree cannot be other than what it is. It cannot refuse shelter to the birds in its branches, nor can it refuse to give its shade. To me, however, and to others of my kind, it has been given that we must choose to be what we were when we came into existence, or we become something less. And because our humanity is interwoven with that of others, each decision influences those whose lives touch our own. How much I have become what I am not. I have thus received into myself the brokeness of my parents, and of the world around me,and have added to that burden my own willfulness and self-centeredness untill the person I am within I AM scarcly seems to exist

How amazing it is that He who is perfect love should enter into our un - loveliness so that we might be purified, and come once again to the source of our being, I AM

28. The Following User Says Thank You to pine boy For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (30th December 2016)

29. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

The Shadow

Television didn't invade Goose Creek until I was about eight: before that we sat in the living room together in the evening and listened to the radio. "Classic Radio." I can remember several, but the most vivid is The Shadow. "Who knows what evil lurks in the mind of man?" I liked the Shadow. I liked his omnipotence. I liked his mocking laugh. I think I must have especially liked the fact that he wallowed in evil (the evil of others of course).

It becomes ever more clear to me that we internalize our heros, and I now discover that I had,in essence done exactly that with this paragon of scornfulness and derision. The moral message was lost on me. The fact that the bad guys got theirs made no impression at all. I remember onlythat he collected the dirt in every one else's mind, tresured it, thrived on it; I loved that and learned to do the same. Give a penny,take a penny: if I ignored the moral lesson, I certainly added something of my own. I got a kick out of the bad stuff. I am sure that the guys who created my old buddy, The Shadow, never intended to create an adrenaline rush in everyones psyche over murder and mayhem, and in all likelihood did not, in anyone but me. But it sure did with me. And whats more, the enjoyment of that rush has outlived my appriciation of the hokey plots and stage emotions by many years.

It changed, of course. In the real world one cannot openly revel in evil doings, even if they are the evil doings of others. And with age came empathy; a time came when brutality was no longer accetable, evenin the darker niches of my soul. But I have never lost the admiration I felt for that bank robber who took his ill gotten gains and bailed out of the airplane, never to be heard from again.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to pine boy For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (9th January 2017)

31. Link to Post #17
    United States Avalon Member annacherie's Avatar
    Thanks

Many would say its our pineal gland....but I think its the heart that has the code....to unlock untold mysteries-memories lost to past and present..possessing its' own volition it whispers revealing aspects of the unfolding of the future, somehow transcending space for the compass it provides. It was my heart that gave a clue to one who listened.... really ~ listened ~ (with a deep respect and reverence) to my personal interdimensional portal..to the forked paths of fate and destiny.
    I was 29 years old and pregnant , not only with my now eldest daughter, but with a new sort of courage and determination that comes with becoming mom.....a major rite of passage. A crestfallen look on the face of my midwife was a bit disconcerting as she slowly tells me "you have an irregular heart beat". But as is her way, nonetheless, she was undaunted and agreed to assist me in the journey of becoming a mom. It would be 7 years later that we both would learn of what my heart was revealing ...a body electric out of synch - a bit of a CNS glitch shaking my whole body now. Devoted to her craft (birthing is an ongoing process) she introduced me to teachers and healers that to this day register in the beat of my heart.
    I think I have only to remember the art - the skilll of not only to listen but how to Listen. Carefully......its' cadence.......rhythm.....vitality, its' pulse. A language unto itself........ pa poom pa poom pa poom.....pa poom pa poom pa poom pa poom pa poom my deepest gratitude to you .....for listening along with well wishes for all in these interesting times of 2017.
    No automatic alt text available.
    Last edited by annacherie; 8th January 2017 at 17:34.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to annacherie For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (9th January 2017), pine boy (1st March 2020), Stephanie (12th January 2017)

+ Reply to Thread