+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can Evolution Serve a Higher Purpose? - Amazing NYT article - soft disclosure

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,098 times in 155 posts

Cool Can Evolution Serve a Higher Purpose? - Amazing NYT article - soft disclosure

Hi Guys,

Read this article today and felt it ties into a lot of what we here at avalon feel and believe. Now it seems top scientists are feeling free enough to express what they really think is going on with the ET presence.

The article is about William D Hamilton who is famous for his "kin selection" theory in which he explains patterns of altruism coming from a higher source. THEN he gets into the alien hypothesis they we are a testing pool. A lot like Doloras Cannon wrote. I will paste pertinent paragraphs of the article for you to see here. NYT

"About 25 years ago, a conversation between me and one of the greatest biologists of the 20th century took a weird turn.

I was talking to William D. Hamilton, who was famous for coming up with the theory of “kin selection,” which explains patterns of altruism among close relatives in various species, including ours. This and other seminal ideas had earned Hamilton a place in the pantheon of thinkers who ushered in the modern Darwinian understanding of social behavior. Richard Dawkins, in the preface to his landmark 1976 book,“The Selfish Gene,” paid tribute to Hamilton and the three other “dominant figures” in social biology whose ideas formed the book’s foundation.

I was interviewing Hamilton at the University of Michigan, where he was on sabbatical from Oxford. A video camera was rolling. I had been researching a book about evolutionary psychology, and I was hoping to create a documentary on the subject. The documentary never materialized, and Hamilton died in early 2000. My interview with him sat unwatched until earlier this year, when I tracked down the tape containing it.

During the interview, I was trying to steer Hamilton toward philosophical topics, and at one point he went further than I had expected. He said, “I’m also quite open to the view that there is some kind of ultimate good which is of a religious nature — that we just have to look beyond what the evolutionary theory tells us and accept promptings of what ultimate good is, coming from some other source.” That’s an unusual thing for a great evolutionary biologist to say, but the most unusual part was still to come.

Hamilton continued, in his British accent, “I could enlarge on that in terms of the possible existence of extraterrestrial manipulators who interfere, and so on, but I think this would be getting too far from the general topic of discussion.” Well, maybe, but this sounded at least as interesting as the general topic of discussion. I asked him if he meant that there was some kind of “transcendental purpose” that we humans are generally oblivious to.

He answered: “Yes, yes. There’s one theory of the universe that I rather like — I accept it in an almost joking spirit — and that is that Planet Earth in our solar system is a kind of zoo for extraterrestrial beings who dwell out there somewhere. And this is the best, the most interesting experiment they could set up: to set up the evolution on Planet Earth going in such a way that it would produce these really interesting characters — humans who go around doing things — and they watch their experiment, interfering hardly at all so that almost everything we do comes out according to the laws of nature. But every now and then they see something which doesn’t look quite right — this zoo is going to kill itself off if they let you do this or that.” So, he continued, these extraterrestrials “insert a finger and just change some little thing. And maybe those are the miracles which the religious people like to so emphasize.” He reiterated: “I put it forward in an almost joking spirit. But I think it’s a kind of hypothesis that’s very, very hard to dismiss.”

This hypotheses that we are a test pool of the ET has been wearing on my brain for a long time now. Much like Bill's analogy the other day of harming monkeys to cure a disease what is the intrinsic value on this sort of action? Are they here to help and coax us to a beautiful place, or are there more malevolent races here that are doing us much harm.

After 10 years of research I can only rely on my personal, positive ET experiences. This article however is putting a finger on pulsing vein of truth that we might be more exposed to at an accelerating rate here.

2. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to NeedleThreader For This Post:

Abhaya (19th December 2016), Baby Steps (20th December 2016), BMJ (19th December 2016), Clear Light (19th December 2016), eko (20th December 2016), Ewan (19th December 2016), Fellow Aspirant (19th December 2016), Foxie Loxie (19th December 2016), Jantje (19th December 2016), RedSun88 (20th December 2016), Richard S. (20th December 2016), sdv (19th December 2016), Sunny-side-up (19th December 2016), TargeT (19th December 2016), The Freedom Train (20th December 2016), toppy (19th December 2016), Wind (20th December 2016), wisky (19th December 2016)

3. Link to Post #2
    Netherlands Avalon Member Jantje's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,279 times in 181 posts

Default Re: Can Evolution Serve a Higher Purpose? - Amazing NYT article - soft disclosure

I think the idea might be true. The human being might just be a hybrid of a number of creatures found on earth as well as beings not off earth.

I find that more likely than the idea that there has been somekind of meeting between monkeys about the idea of evoluting into human beings to which some monkeys obviously did not agree.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jantje For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (19th December 2016), NeedleThreader (19th December 2016), sdv (19th December 2016), The Freedom Train (20th December 2016), toppy (19th December 2016)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,304 times in 950 posts

Default Re: Can Evolution Serve a Higher Purpose? - Amazing NYT article - soft disclosure

Ah, thanks, I very much enjoyed reading that, here's one of the comments to it (with added highlighting for emphasis) :

Quote Myth Number One: That "matter" is independent from consciousness.

If you think about it, you will realize that the only matter (energy) that you have ever experienced is the only matter that exists beyond any doubt. Matter and consciousness are not separate entities, but instead always exist as a unity which we may call conscious matter. We humans, like all other animals, are immediately given the universe as an empirical reality, evolving to this level in order to search for food and shelter and to multiply.

Aside from this empirical reality, we have the ability to think abstractly. We tend to forget what is stated above when we think of matter abstractly, so we fall into a false belief that matter exists by itself. The only "matter" that exists in and of itself is purely theoretical in nature. It is only by employing large logical structures, which are mostly unconscious as they are in most animals, that we propose to ourselves the idea that "matter" is disassociated from consciousness. This type of abstract thought is elegant and useful to us. But don't forget that you are dealing with an abstraction.

We give our universe purpose because we are purposeful beings. I find this article to be an amusing and futile effort to displace our purpose to exist and place it in concepts that are alien to us. Kierkegaard, in "Either/Or", recognized that there is no synthesis of thesis and antithesis, and that the aforementioned artificial division cannot be resolved.
    Now, at the end of the day, without so-called "Consciousness" there'd be no such thing as "Science" or "Physics" nor even "Matter" eh ?

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Clear Light For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (19th December 2016), NeedleThreader (19th December 2016), The Freedom Train (20th December 2016), Unicorn (19th December 2016)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,947 times in 1,689 posts

The more I hear of extraterrestrials intervening in human affairs and their ownership of the world, the more plausible the idea that we are a petri dish experiment for some vagabond ET's. OR has GOD put us all out here to sink or swim and when we die, he harvests what knowledge may be gained of the interactions. This knowledge is possibly re-injected into the soup or a new experiment, and so on; GOD thereby growing wiser and the universe, perhaps evolving to a better environment?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to amor For This Post:

NeedleThreader (20th December 2016)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,844 times in 572 posts

Quote Posted by NeedleThreader (here)
    He answered: “Yes, yes. There’s one theory of the universe that I rather like — I accept it in an almost joking spirit — and that is that Planet Earth in our solar system is a kind of zoo for extraterrestrial beings who dwell out there somewhere. And this is the best, the most interesting experiment they could set up: to set up the evolution on Planet Earth going in such a way that it would produce these really interesting characters — humans who go around doing things — and they watch their experiment, interfering hardly at all so that almost everything we do comes out according to the laws of nature. But every now and then they see something which doesn’t look quite right — this zoo is going to kill itself off if they let you do this or that.” So, he continued, these extraterrestrials “insert a finger and just change some little thing. And maybe those are the miracles which the religious people like to so emphasize." He reiterated: “I put it forward in an almost joking spirit. But I think it’s a kind of hypothesis that’s very, very hard to dismiss.”
    While I can appreciate that they are putting a more "logical" "scientifically minded" spin on the whole concept of aliens on earth, and humans as some kind of alien genetic experiment, I can see why this was put into print - Dr. Hamilton's joking suggestion that these aliens have "hardly interfered" - which also suggests that the wars, slavery, genocide, is all our own doing because we must be innately greedy evil beings?? On the contrary, I believe that people are inherently good, and that 'evildoing" villain types are under the influence of manipulations orchestrated by these ET's.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Freedom Train For This Post:

ElfeMya (20th December 2016), NeedleThreader (20th December 2016), wegge (20th December 2016)

+ Reply to Thread