+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 12

Thread: Timeline shifts

1. Link to Post #221
    United States Avalon Member RedX's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Timeline shifts

July 4th, 2012.

I suffered a stroke that left the right side of my body completely numb and devoid of any hot/cold sensation. This issue still persists to this day, albeit not as bad in some parts of my arm and legs. I also suffered from a vocal cord paralysis that enabled me to only barely utter a whisper at that time. Subsequent surgery has brought me to 90% pre-stroke vocalization. I still can't shout very well, I guess to some that is a bonus.

Anyhow, this all brings me to my point. All this happened before I was awake and of course after reading this entire thread, it made me ask this question. Am I supposed to be here? Was I being shut out or shut-up because of something I'm supposed to be doing/saying now or in the future? I don't think I'm any more important than the next guy, but it made me stop and think. It's all very strange.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RedX For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th August 2019), Sadieblue (27th August 2019), Soda (28th August 2019), Star Mariner (27th August 2019), Valerie Villars (27th August 2019), Wind (29th August 2019)

3. Link to Post #222
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,870 times in 3,325 posts

I think the best way to understand this phenomena is to realize that all possibilities exist somewhere. Every moment choices are made and every choice leads to the possibility of an alternate reality. Some choices are trivial and so even though an alternate reality may spin out of it, it soon reattaches to the same timeline because its ramifications were not significant enough to spin out a whole new world. Other choices immediately require a whole new reality.

But all realities with 'you' in it eventually will return to the ground state reality - the reality of the story of 'you'. 'You' are the story of the universe. With all its twists and turns, sagas and perils, choices and allegiances, the story is comprehensive and takes many tangential meanderings, only to return to the main and salient point of it all - 'You'.
    Forget about it

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

rogparan (1st September 2019), Soda (28th August 2019), T Smith (28th August 2019), Valerie Villars (28th August 2019)

5. Link to Post #223
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,518 times in 614 posts

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    I think the best way to understand this phenomena is to realize that all possibilities exist somewhere. Every moment choices are made and every choice leads to the possibility of an alternate reality. Some choices are trivial and so even though an alternate reality may spin out of it, it soon reattaches to the same timeline because its ramifications were not significant enough to spin out a whole new world. Other choices immediately require a whole new reality.
    I wonder if the "20-and-back" so-called supersoldiers are just dipping into alternate timelines, alternate selves...

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Soda (28th August 2019), Valerie Villars (28th August 2019)

7. Link to Post #224
    Thanks

I like to think there are alternate selves that had better luck than I. And that maybe my life removes the what if everything were to go wrong scenario so that my alternates could enjoy a bit of success. There were many areas I could have excelled, having chose none of them makes me wonder if each of my alternates may have selected one of those areas and left me with none. These are actual thoughts I have had. I don't say I believe them but they have occurred to me.

As for developing a scenario how the blue chicken pundit could have pulled off the 'twenty and back' maneuver, it is not welcomed by most. I tried in the blue chicken thread but was quickly poo-pooed. Some things can not be seriously discussed even as a thought experiment because it might lend credence to an unwelcome personage. That is what I have learnt here.

Some topics are actively subjected to censorship regardless of intent. The blue chicken and supporters are one of those areas. Nothing good can be said of them because they are actively vilified. And the vilified are evil.
    Forget about it

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Bill Ryan (31st August 2019), Catsquotl (30th August 2019), meeradas (30th August 2019)

9. Link to Post #225
    Netherlands Avalon Member Catsquotl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,986 times in 366 posts

I like to think there are alternate selves that had better luck than I.

An experiment I did a few times was invite myself from another timeline in which I had made "the other choice" if you will.
    Having an imaginary chat is very enlightening, especially If I start telling me that even though I am successful in one area there's other area's that aren't up to snuff. After a few of those I learned to appreciate who I am here now, as to be honest I cannot stand who I became in a few of my more "successful" timelines..

With Love
    Eelco
    ---
    Please leave some of your light everywhere you go.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Post:

Bill Ryan (31st August 2019), Ernie Nemeth (5th September 2019), Rosemarie (5th September 2019)

11. Link to Post #226
    Hong Kong Avalon Member syrwong's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,110 times in 443 posts

Quote Posted by Catsquotl (here)
    I like to think there are alternate selves that had better luck than I.

An experiment I did a few times was invite myself from another timeline in which I had made "the other choice" if you will.
    Having an imaginary chat is very enlightening, especially If I start telling me that even though I am successful in one area there's other area's that aren't up to snuff. After a few of those I learned to appreciate who I am here now, as to be honest I cannot stand who I became in a few of my more "successful" timelines..

With Love
    Eelco
    It is as important to experience failure as to experience success. In my opinion, failure in one area often leads to success in another more important area, or to greater success in that area because you value it more.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to syrwong For This Post:

Bill Ryan (31st August 2019), Ernie Nemeth (5th September 2019), Rosemarie (5th September 2019)

13. Link to Post #227
    Thanks

I am very successful in my own terms only. This world does not value my success...
    Forget about it

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Keyholder (1st September 2019), Rosemarie (5th September 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 12