+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Roger Shawyer explains the basic science behind his EM drive thrust microwave engine theory

1. Link to Post #1
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,789 times in 1,357 posts

Default Roger Shawyer explains the basic science behind his EM drive thrust microwave engine theory

I found this video interesting, you get to learn the physics behind Mr. Shawyer's EM drive thrust microwave engine theory.

"EmDrive inventor Roger Shawyer explains the basic science behind his propulsion-less thrust microwave engine theory.

The aerospace engineer Roger Shawyer created EMDrive theory in 2001 and promotes the thruster through his company, Satellite Propulsion Research LTD (SPRLTD)."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteLove For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (27th December 2016)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,779 times in 1,348 posts

Default Re: Roger Shawyer explains the basic science behind his EM drive thrust microwave engine theory

Although I am not a physicist or scientist I did notice that the waves are 180 out of phase and therefore cancel themselves. This is reminiscent of the caduceus coil that I learned about over two decades ago while writing the EYE OF RA.

By pulsing microwaves through a wire wrapped around a metal core/staff, some were reporting "anti-gravity" effects as well as apparent time alterations.

Here is an excerpt from my book THE EYE OF RA (page 42 of PDF download below):

There appears to be a more positive and scientific symbolism to the caduceus. Twentieth-century inventors have been experimenting with an electronic device called a "caduceus coil. " It consists of an iron rod core that is wrapped with a wire in the same manner that the snakes are entwined on Hermes' staff. It would seem that the opposing electromagnetic fields of each coil would merely cancel each other out. However, the two opposing magnetic fields produce a most unusual effect when pulsed with very high frequencies-levitation! Also, Wilbert Smith, who calls it a "Tensor coil, " claims to have recorded "time differential effects between the coil field and the outer environment. "26 The mathematics used to "tune" the caduceus coil is reminiscent of the mathematics of music discovered by Pythagoras. (Pythagoras, by the way, taught that the purpose of life was to gain release from reincarnation.2'1) In 1919 a young inventor by the name of Alfred M. Hubbard demonstrated a "free energy" device using similar principles of coils. He propelled an 18 foot boat around Lake Union for several hours with his coils, which were not hooked up to any power source. The only problem was that the boat had a tendency to levitate!28 So here's a new twist on the Hegelian dialectic-two opposing magnetic fields (thesis/antithesis) produce a tertiary effect of space/time distortion (synthesis).

The two snakes wrapped around a staff is a symbol of the Annunaki, specifically, Thoth, Hermes, Mercury, Queztalcoatl, et al--all ETs that can time travel.
    Last edited by TrumanCash; 28th December 2016 at 07:24.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TrumanCash For This Post:

Hym (28th December 2016), meat suit (28th December 2016), WhiteLove (28th December 2016)

5. Link to Post #3
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,789 times in 1,357 posts

Default Re: Roger Shawyer explains the basic science behind his EM drive thrust microwave engine theory

Quote Posted by TrumanCash (here)
    Although I am not a physicist or scientist I did notice that the waves are 180 out of phase and therefore cancel themselves. This is reminiscent of the caduceus coil that I learned about over two decades ago while writing the EYE OF RA.

By pulsing microwaves through a wire wrapped around a metal core/staff, some were reporting "anti-gravity" effects as well as apparent time alterations.

Here is an excerpt from my book THE EYE OF RA (page 42 of PDF download below):

There appears to be a more positive and scientific symbolism to the caduceus. Twentieth-century inventors have been experimenting with an electronic device called a "caduceus coil. " It consists of an iron rod core that is wrapped with a wire in the same manner that the snakes are entwined on Hermes' staff. It would seem that the opposing electromagnetic fields of each coil would merely cancel each other out. However, the two opposing magnetic fields produce a most unusual effect when pulsed with very high frequencies-levitation! Also, Wilbert Smith, who calls it a "Tensor coil, " claims to have recorded "time differential effects between the coil field and the outer environment. "26 The mathematics used to "tune" the caduceus coil is reminiscent of the mathematics of music discovered by Pythagoras. (Pythagoras, by the way, taught that the purpose of life was to gain release from reincarnation.2'1) In 1919 a young inventor by the name of Alfred M. Hubbard demonstrated a "free energy" device using similar principles of coils. He propelled an 18 foot boat around Lake Union for several hours with his coils, which were not hooked up to any power source. The only problem was that the boat had a tendency to levitate!28 So here's a new twist on the Hegelian dialectic-two opposing magnetic fields (thesis/antithesis) produce a tertiary effect of space/time distortion (synthesis).

The two snakes wrapped around a staff is a symbol of the Annunaki, specifically, Thoth, Hermes, Mercury, Queztalcoatl, et al--all ETs that can time travel.
    Thanks TrumanCash, incredibly interesting excerpt from your book! Yes, frequency and gravitation I think are related, definitely related I think...

Dr. Joseph P. Farrell pointed out an interesting thing on his EM Drive article:

"(For the record, it should be noted that like many, Mr. Sawyer gives an incorrect version of Einstein's famous equation, E=mc^2, whereas in reality, Einstein expressed the mass component as a Mass Difference, M, and not simply mass, m, and therefore the correct version is E=Mc^2)".

https://gizadeathstar.com/2016/12/ch...test-em-drive/

Anyway, here is an interesting excerpt from Mr. Sawyer's presentation:

"F = m * a
    E = m * c^2
    F = (E * a) / c^2
    E = P * t
    a = V / t
    F = (P * V) / c^2
    where P = Power (W), V = velocity (m/s), c = speed of light (m/s)"

Notice what the SI unit becomes:

SI = (W * m * s * s) / (s * m * m)
    SI = (W * s) / m

In other words the force is some power divided by some speed. (where the speed is equal to c^2 / V)

Interesting also is that if I understand it correctly the thrust is produced from the difference in end plate force caused by the travelling waves inside the EM drive cavity that are at max when they are parallel with the side walls to produce 0 force on the side walls. At that point the forces on the side walls are cancelling each other out from the standing waves and are zero from the travelling waves, the net is the difference in end plate force, hence the thrust caused by- and in the direction of the strongest of the two/winning end plate force. So in other words the net force on the object is in a way the result of reduced force balance inside of the EM drive cavity - the force of the microwaves no longer cancel 100% in all directions.

But one thing that came to mind was that because there is a force on the two end plates, where the output force is focused more towards one of the end plates (it is as I understand it the differential force on the end plates), I am thinking that once this force becomes big enough the force on the opposing end plate could become so massive that the entire EM drive explodes (because only one of the end plates are "open"/removed on the EM drive design shown on the images)... Am I missing something? Or is that somehow not applicable in the case of a radiation force?

Last edited by WhiteLove; 28th December 2016 at 10:25.

+ Reply to Thread