+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How To Wake Up When You Don't Even Know You're Asleep?

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks

Default How To Wake Up When You Don't Even Know You're Asleep?

I so appreciate being on this forum, and I'm pretty new here, so if I have misplaced this thread, please moderators, place it in a better category. In reading some of the threads and becoming familiar with Project Avalon, it's so refreshing to see so many awake people in so many arenas.

I didn't want to hijack Karma Ninja's thread on Different directions - changing/evolving beliefs and the 180 degree turn. There are some similarities, but significant differences in the focus, and I've been editing my thoughts on this for a while, so I figured it's time to jump in and start my first thread ever.

I know that I'm awake in some areas and don't even know I'm asleep in other areas. How do you wake up when you don't even know you're asleep?

The knowing/not knowing falls into a few categories:

1. We know what we know (about 5%)
    2. We know what we don't know (about 5%)
    3. We do not know what we don't know (about 90%)

I saw these percentages way back when and include them here, but question how can we possibly identify how much we don't know. Still, I'm sure it's a lot.

What I'm curious about, and would like to get your feedback on, is how to become awake in an area where you don't even realize you're asleep. Or where you think you already "know" but then it turns out it's not accurate. Or where it's totally off your radar.

Do you have a "method" or process you've used, with success?

For example, with politics, there were many spiritually enlightened people who back in 2007 thought Obama was a possible answer, a person not part of the "cabal", etc. To me, I saw the grooming of Obama when he delivered the 2004 DNC keynote speech, and then saw the intense and orchestrated manipulations that had him, a relative newcomer, miraculously become President in 2008. If you didn't vote for him, or applaud him, you were "racist", etc. (And I know some of you may disagree, even now, and my intention is not to inflame.) I know it was because I was privvy to some inside-DC politics from back when Clinton was in office, and it just struck me as very odd with the timing. Many of these people have since realized a different story re: Obama has played out, even if it was just the fallacy that the "right party" politics was the answer. If you were one of them, how did you wake up?

Usually when I wake up to something, it's hard to believe that I missed waking up even sooner. (i.e. big pharma, GMOs, chem trails, organic food, mind control, Illuminati, UFOs / aliens - hey anything covered by Project Camelot / Avalon and David Icke.) How could I have been so asleep, or only woke up partially and didn't take action?

I read somewhere in past Avalon posts - I think it was from Hervé in Timeline Shifts and MATRIX REVEALED -- Analysis & Solutions about someone being hypnotized and how they just couldn't "see" outside the hypnotic suggestion. One was about not being able to see a "third man in the room" and one was about someone triggered to "flush the toilet when someone's collar was tugged". Both show the power of hypnotic suggestion and the subject's unconscious acceptance of untruths when hypnotized. They simply couldn't see the "truth."

On various issues, how did we/they get so misled to begin with? How can we prevent that in the future? How do we escape the hypnotic trance or mind control?

Are there any specific methods or deliberate steps you've taken that have helped you awaken around various topics/subjects? Or has it been mostly serendipity and questioning what you're hearing, with a hit and miss approach? And then, how do you communicate your insights with others who may be painfully resistant?

I'd love to hear your insights.

2. The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to DebJoy For This Post:

Art (7th January 2017), Bill Ryan (6th January 2017), Bluegreen (7th January 2017), BMJ (7th January 2017), bojancan (7th January 2017), ceetee9 (7th January 2017), Debra (8th January 2017), Ewan (8th January 2017), Hervé (6th January 2017), Holly Lindin (9th January 2017), Iloveyou (7th January 2017), Innocent Warrior (7th January 2017), Magnus (8th January 2017), Merry Mom (9th January 2017), Miaspri (6th January 2017), Raven (6th January 2017), Star Mariner (7th January 2017), Sunny-side-up (7th January 2017), tequilawolfpack (6th January 2017), The Freedom Train (7th January 2017), toppy (7th January 2017), Violet3 (6th January 2017), Watching from Cyprus (7th January 2017), WhiteLove (6th January 2017), wnlight (6th January 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    Ecuador Avalon Member boolacalaca's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: How To Wake Up When You Don't Even Know You're Asleep?

How to Wake Up When You Don't Even Know You're Asleep?
    My wife DebJoy asks some interesting questions on and off the forum.
    Since she asked, here's my take on some possible answers that I'm thinking about:

1) By the help of others (thank you fellow Avalonians)
    2) By shocks to the system that shake us awake (e.g., in 1963 at the age of 7, the so-called "age of reason", I witnessed Lee Harvey Oswald get shot by Jack Ruby on live TV -- ever since then my spidey sense for there being more behind the curtain than advertised has been activated)
    3) By intuitive leaps (we all have powers beyond our five senses)
    4) By noticing and then questioning unintentional slip-ups (glitches in the matrix) that shouldn't have gotten through but luckily, those who would like to keep us asleep are not infallible.
    5) And, there is a case to be made that says no matter how well we do in deciphering the game afoot in this life, we simply will not wake up until we leave here - for the dreamer dreams the dream only dreamt when dreaming. All true understanding lies beyond.

4. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to boolacalaca For This Post:

Art (7th January 2017), Bill Ryan (6th January 2017), Bluegreen (7th January 2017), BMJ (7th January 2017), bojancan (7th January 2017), ceetee9 (7th January 2017), DebJoy (6th January 2017), Debra (8th January 2017), Ewan (8th January 2017), Hervé (6th January 2017), Holly Lindin (9th January 2017), Iloveyou (7th January 2017), Innocent Warrior (7th January 2017), Miaspri (6th January 2017), Nan (7th January 2017), Noelle (6th January 2017), Star Mariner (7th January 2017), Sunny-side-up (7th January 2017), The Freedom Train (7th January 2017), toppy (7th January 2017), Violet3 (6th January 2017), Watching from Cyprus (7th January 2017), wnlight (6th January 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 278,213 times in 20,620 posts

Well, my own two cents here.

(By the way, this is a very good question indeed.)

I'd offer an organic perspective, as it were, in the context of the journey we are all on. And that's to do with
    • The gradual unpeeling of layers (or, in some cases, their gradual addition )
    • That marvelous unseen aspect of our lives by which the right things happen at the right time, including meeting the right people, every now and then, who can be critical triggers to our awareness in certain fields.
    What does this mean? Well, for one, it means it's right out of our conscious control. But, at some higher level, it might all be working perfectly.

And it also means, I'd suggest, that all we can do is invoke The Law of Allowance.

But 'all we can do' might be a real understatement. Maybe that's astonishingly powerful.

The Law of Allowance, applied in this context, is simply to intend the highest and the best for all... whatever it is.

That means an intention to know and learn whatever one needs to. We puny humans can't figure that out by ourselves.

It's not an intellectual process. It's a spiritual one. We have to let go of our egos, our goals, our personal ideas, our agendas, our need for status and knowledge and approval... and just intend sincerely, and with as much humility as possible if we can somehow also swing that, that we learn and grow in every which way we can and should.

We can't actually go wrong. It's really simple to do... and at the same time, really really hard.

6. The Following 31 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

anandacate (7th January 2017), Art (7th January 2017), Bluegreen (7th January 2017), BMJ (7th January 2017), bojancan (7th January 2017), boolacalaca (6th January 2017), ceetee9 (7th January 2017), DebJoy (6th January 2017), Debra (8th January 2017), earthadvocate (6th January 2017), Ewan (8th January 2017), guyres (7th January 2017), Hervé (6th January 2017), Iloveyou (7th January 2017), Innocent Warrior (7th January 2017), Kryztian (7th January 2017), Magnus (8th January 2017), Merry Mom (9th January 2017), Miaspri (6th January 2017), Noelle (6th January 2017), onevoice (7th January 2017), Selene (7th January 2017), SR19 (10th January 2017), Star Mariner (7th January 2017), Sunny-side-up (7th January 2017), The Freedom Train (7th January 2017), toppy (7th January 2017), Violet3 (6th January 2017), Watching from Cyprus (7th January 2017), Whiskey_Mystic (7th January 2017), wnlight (6th January 2017)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,229 times in 1,631 posts

I like David Icke's advice: Be of this world but not in it. I took that to mean, in part, giving up the addictive mainstream media programs, whether it's TV, print or online news outlets as well as movies and radio programs, all of which spew information from the manipulators. I've given them up and feel more awake now than ever before, though I still have more awakening to do.

8. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

anandacate (7th January 2017), Art (7th January 2017), Bill Ryan (6th January 2017), Bluegreen (7th January 2017), BMJ (7th January 2017), bojancan (7th January 2017), boolacalaca (6th January 2017), ceetee9 (7th January 2017), DebJoy (6th January 2017), Debra (8th January 2017), Ewan (8th January 2017), Hervé (6th January 2017), Iloveyou (7th January 2017), Innocent Warrior (7th January 2017), Star Mariner (7th January 2017), Sunny-side-up (7th January 2017), The Freedom Train (7th January 2017), toppy (7th January 2017), Violet3 (6th January 2017), Watching from Cyprus (7th January 2017)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,343 times in 857 posts

Here are some steps toward the truth that have helped me.

1) Expose yourself to varied opinions. I mean varied - not all the same. Check in to ProjectAvalon frequently.
    2) Ask questions and then question the answers. Do they really make any sense?
    3) If you completely disagree with a statement, you could be right or you could be wrong. Go back to step (1).

The search for truth is a never-ending quest.
    - Warren Light

10. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to wnlight For This Post:

anandacate (7th January 2017), Bill Ryan (6th January 2017), Bluegreen (7th January 2017), BMJ (7th January 2017), boolacalaca (7th January 2017), ceetee9 (7th January 2017), DebJoy (6th January 2017), Debra (8th January 2017), Ewan (8th January 2017), Hervé (6th January 2017), Holly Lindin (9th January 2017), Iloveyou (7th January 2017), Innocent Warrior (7th January 2017), Miaspri (6th January 2017), Nan (7th January 2017), Noelle (6th January 2017), Selene (7th January 2017), Sunny-side-up (7th January 2017), The Freedom Train (7th January 2017), toppy (7th January 2017), Watching from Cyprus (7th January 2017)

11. Link to Post #6
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,742 times in 1,354 posts

Quote Posted by DebJoy (here)
    I so appreciate being on this forum, and I'm pretty new here, so if I have misplaced this thread, please moderators, place it in a better category. In reading some of the threads and becoming familiar with Project Avalon, it's so refreshing to see so many awake people in so many arenas.

I didn't want to hijack Karma Ninja's thread on Different directions - changing/evolving beliefs and the 180 degree turn. There are some similarities, but significant differences in the focus, and I've been editing my thoughts on this for a while, so I figured it's time to jump in and start my first thread ever.

I know that I'm awake in some areas and don't even know I'm asleep in other areas. How do you wake up when you don't even know you're asleep?

The knowing/not knowing falls into a few categories:

1. We know what we know (about 5%)
    2. We know what we don't know (about 5%)
    3. We do not know what we don't know (about 90%)

I saw these percentages way back when and include them here, but question how can we possibly identify how much we don't know. Still, I'm sure it's a lot.

What I'm curious about, and would like to get your feedback on, is how to become awake in an area where you don't even realize you're asleep. Or where you think you already "know" but then it turns out it's not accurate. Or where it's totally off your radar.

For example, with politics, there were many spiritually enlightened people who back in 2007 thought Obama was a possible answer, a person not part of the "cabal", etc. To me, I saw the grooming of Obama when he delivered the 2004 DNC keynote speech, and then saw the intense and orchestrated manipulations that had him, a relative newcomer, miraculously become President in 2008. If you didn't vote for him, or applaud him, you were "racist", etc. (And I know some of you may disagree, even now, and my intention is not to inflame.) I know it was because I was privvy to some inside-DC politics from back when Clinton was in office, and it just struck me as very odd with the timing. Many of these people have since realized a different story re: Obama has played out, even if it was just the fallacy that the "right party" politics was the answer. If you were one of them, how did you wake up?

Usually when I wake up to something, it's hard to believe that I missed waking up even sooner. (i.e. big pharma, GMOs, chem trails, organic food, mind control, Illuminati, UFOs / aliens - hey anything covered by Project Camelot / Avalon and David Icke.) How could I have been so asleep, or only woke up partially and didn't take action?

I read somewhere in past Avalon posts - I think it was from Hervé in Timeline Shifts and MATRIX REVEALED -- Analysis & Solutions about someone being hypnotized and how they just couldn't "see" outside the hypnotic suggestion. One was about not being able to see a "third man in the room" and one was about someone triggered to "flush the toilet when someone's collar was tugged". Both show the power of hypnotic suggestion and the subject's unconscious acceptance of untruths when hypnotized. They simply couldn't see the "truth."

On various issues, how did we/they get so misled to begin with? How can we prevent that in the future? How do we escape the hypnotic trance or mind control?

Are there any specific methods or deliberate steps you've taken that have helped you awaken around various topics/subjects? Or has it been mostly serendipity and questioning what you're hearing, with a hit and miss approach? And then, how do you communicate your insights with others who may be painfully resistant?

My wake up to the degree I am at currently, mainly took place within a relatively short period of time, through two extremely eye opening events that took place through conscious direct experience, one in real life and one in an altered state in dream, some higher force of intelligence - God - saw through it all and intervened in this way by showing me great portions of what I call "absolute truth". This could be stuff not even TPTB are aware of...

I learned many things, a key part to awakening is to reach a knowing that unconditional love, peace and truth are incredibly central in creation and are tightly coupled. The level of knowing about unconditional love, peace and truth is then under a spectrum of limitation that goes through a series of key limit levels all the way to infinity, meaning towards no limit at all. For instance, at the upper frequency boundary of the peace dimension there is your maximum subjective least limiting idea of unconditional love. That is like a drop of water in an infinite ocean of God's love and the experience of God's love. When we observe our life and our reality, we do so from a subjective point of view, we do so from a limited perspective. The inner emotion of love that we feel when we subjectively love someone deeply, that hits a subjective limit. It is awesome to be in that state of being and we think there is nothing better, because we cannot imagine what something more and less limiting would be and because we don't find it is possible that it can be something more. How can something that already fulfills all of our greatest dreams be more fantastic than that? But you see, this is a subjective thing, the subjective consciousness is under our own subjective limitation, it has its own greatest ideas about what unconditional love is, but although to us it is really awesome, really sweet and really what we want to experience more than anything, that unconditional love is under great limitation, there is an enormous difference between subjective unconditional love and absolute unconditional love of God. I was not aware of that until I experienced it and could really then understand the difference.

Unconditional love, peace and truth are one, they are all expressions of the same thing. We on earth collectively have subjective ideas about what it is and these ideas are to some degree true and we are according to our own understanding truly at peace when we have reached peace. It is great, it is all that we want, it is a world that breathes peace and it is a conscious alive and awake state of being in which everything is known, everything is true and we love creation, others, ourselves, life, being very very deeply, the inner emotional state of being is incredibly deep and it is a wonderful state of being in which we are truly free. This is what we on earth need to achieve in the first step, true peace and it comes in this way: "Just love unconditionally". People here on earth have no idea of the power of true peace, even only at the subjective level it is something so far beyond what we think it is, because experiencing in its true form is something totally different than imagining it. This is what truth seekers at this time here on earth need to collectively focus on! We can do it, we can create this peace, it does not cost anything, but we are fulfilled and we are stepping up to a level of a reality that we did not think could exist. Would you want to experience a reality in which everything synchronized towards your greatest dreams? Would you want to experience being free and knowing that you are forever free from now on? Would you want to be in a very deep state of love that makes you laugh due to joy knowing it is forever yours? Would you want to go even beyond this? All of this becomes possible when we humans focus on truth, peace and unconditional love, that is the key, I cannot stress enough how important that is! It is a state of peace we need to achieve, that is awakening the way we understand it. Therefore that is now pretty much all we need to focus on, because that then opens up access to an enormous amount of knowing, because in the state of peace we also are able to access great levels of truth.

To my understanding, it appears that subjective consciousness taps into certain levels on the absolute truth scale. This represents a reality that is very much in tune with our current preferences, perceptions, beliefs, thoughts, emotions etc. We humans for instance feel the need to express ourselves kind of like this: I love this, f*ck that, this is great, I hate that... You know. From a total unconditional love perspective it is valid, there is a place where this is unconditionally accepted, it's called earth and we get to be part of it. But you see, there is so much more ALSO, beyond the various limitations the various expressions are rooted in, that we miss out on. Much of it is on auto pilot. For instance today people think that unconditional love is when two persons meet each other and stay together, loving each other unconditionally. And yes this is true. It really is. We need to experience that and it is important to meet ourselves that way. But it is still a truth in limitation, however great it is and might seem, because it is under subjective limitation, because God is total infinite unconditional love. In peace, in unconditional love and in truth, we are meant to love beyond a two person relationship and having no awareness of anything negative in relation to that. Because in unconditional love we are safe, we are in truth and we are in trust, we care of others and ourselves without judgment and without limitation and without doubts. We are in true knowing about everything. We are basically knowing that one or several other beings love us, so we do not have to "worry" about any possible future scenario due to whatever circumstances, we are all free in a reality that wants to give us joy, pleasure, excitement and happiness and we are aware of that, fully aware of it. We are still under great limitation, but it is much less limitation.

All of this is possible for us NOW. All we need to do is really to collectively on a global scale come together and unite around peace, through our own subjective understanding of unconditional love. Truth takes us there.

>>
    Are there any specific methods or deliberate steps you've taken that have helped you awaken around various topics/subjects?
    >>

Yes many things, but it is hard to know in precise terms exactly which method works better than some other. In my current understanding, and I remind it is under great limitation, I find there is some really important truth piece of information in being aware of the vibrational nature of being. One method, and this I just came to think of, would be to make a huge list of areas that define being and life as we know it subjectively, sort of like happiness categories, quality of life conditions etc. that define our perception of our life and our being. Then once all of these categories have been listed, we include ourselves in relation to them and basically honestly describe how we "are" in relation to these, what we think, feel and believe about them. Once we are aware of our current state in regards to all of these items, we are able to start working on them, actively working on them in order to create change. So it is all about changing ourselves. The process is to define in what ways we apply limitation onto these items, that also color how we act and how we think, feel etc. and what we do based on these beliefs. So let me give you an example:

Music
    -------
    I listen to music that is available on Tidal, because I believe uncompressed music provides the most true vibration of the music being expressed and hence has the greatest amount of impact on me and the richest form of experience on me.

Once I then make an awakening based assumption on this, by knowing that there is great amount of limitation attached to the above idea and I can update this idea so that it becomes much less limiting. Then a new way of being would be like this:

Music density item [->UPDATED]
    -------
    I listen to the music I need to listen to, at the best possible quality, within my resource capacity and when that is not possible I act in ways that remove those limitations because I now know I can gradually release more and more density by actively working towards less limiting ideas, approaches and actions in relationship to the music -density item. This is now something I know is changing my life for the better and I know it because I know my actions are aligned to absolute truth and I know I am now constantly working on removing more limitation from this density item and hence in combination with other density items I am releasing density from too, is dramatically changing my life and the life of those around me.

Love
    -----
    Previously I thought love was subjective, but now I know that it is about reaching subjective unconditional love and then from there expand further. I trust that subjective unconditional love is the gate I need to enter by "just loving unconditionally". Now I know I am on a density releasing path in regards to the love -density item too.

Identity
    -----
    Previously I thought it does not make any difference whether you strive towards just being or striving towards being your most true you. That might not be true, it appears limiting. A less limiting idea is that by becoming my true authentic self and being myself as much as possible in every moment, I evolve towards my true being and this is a step towards a higher level of truth. Now I know I am on a density releasing path in regards to the identity -density item too.

Fear
    -----
    Previously I thought that fear controls me and that it is something I cannot do so much about. It appears limiting. A less limiting idea is that I now know that since absolute truth is unconditional love and that creation supports me out of unconditional love, I now know why it is false that the fears can hijack energy and try to impose control on me. I control fear, it's that way. So therefore I now conclude fear is a thing of the past, something old false within me that I now know I have a chance to release, I don't have to be in fear because I am not enslaved by it anymore since I am now who controls it, not anyone else. So now I know I am on a density releasing path in regards to the fear -density item too.

Religion
    -----
    Previously I thought I cannot know what religion, who did what etc, maybe they were all demons that tried to fool me, maybe they are all false. A less limiting idea is that I now know that Christ lived and I know Christ loves me and while on earth showed people an incredibly high form of absolute unconditional love. By learning the being of Christ, by dying for my friends in my amount of love for them, I can become like Christ and in this way I can enter the narrow gate that leads to life. Now that I am aware of and act according to a less limiting idea about religion, I now know I am on a density releasing path also in regards to the religion -density item too.

And so on...

Hopefully this gives you an idea of how you can methodically and technically approach becoming more true and discovering more truth and gradually unlock being into less degree of limitation. It is about seeking truth in a wide range of areas, and releasing the false that is attached to those areas, so that the consciousness attaches to higher levels of absolute truth where you are experiencing and knowing more about unconditional love in the absolute sense because your consciousness can now see...

What the forces that try to impose control on us try to do, is to pump us with low vibrational stuff, they use media etc. to feed the masses great amounts of fear etc. Can't you see it? It is a frequency control going on and it is to some degree fed by a low dimensional chakra being, meaning that the intellect/mind chakra takes total control of being, but that's not the only valid density center in being. Being is being, it is not thinking only, it is much more... While we can validate certain things by mind, we can also validate things with our other density centers. This is a process of stepping out of the low dimensional state of being.

In my post I am describing how you can untangle from that by being aware of all of the densities that are causing drag, deal with all of that drag and hence to unchain yourself and how we as a collective can do so, to release the bonds that the forces of darkness try to entangle upon us. We are now breaking free, more so than ever before... There is great love out there and it has a grand plan in store for us. Now let's all live from that perspective and let's do so collectively by uniting in unconditional love, peace, truth and joy...
    Last edited by WhiteLove; 6th January 2017 at 23:26.

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to WhiteLove For This Post:

Bluegreen (7th January 2017), BMJ (7th January 2017), boolacalaca (7th January 2017), DebJoy (6th January 2017), Debra (8th January 2017), Iloveyou (7th January 2017), Innocent Warrior (7th January 2017), onevoice (7th January 2017), Selene (7th January 2017), The Freedom Train (7th January 2017), Watching from Cyprus (7th January 2017)

13. Link to Post #7
    Australia Avalon Member Innocent Warrior's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,685 times in 3,091 posts

What Bill wrote.

In addition...

Quote What I'm curious about, and would like to get your feedback on, is how to become awake in an area where you don't even realize you're asleep. Or where you think you already "know" but then it turns out it's not accurate. Or where it's totally off your radar.
    Think energy and frequency, the higher the frequency the more you can see as an effect.

It’s like climbing a mountain, with the highest peak of the mountain representing the state of being fully lucid. As you climb higher and higher up the mountain you can see more and more, same as when raising the frequency of your consciousness. You can only imagine or believe what more you might see when higher up the mountain but it’s not until you’ve actually climbed to a higher place on the mountain that you can see what’s happening below more clearly and become aware of what you previously weren’t aware of.

Waking up unfolds much like the perspective expands as you climb higher up the mountain.

Quote how do you communicate your insights with others who may be painfully resistant?
    I don’t anymore. It’s a monolithic mountain and my resolve to keep climbing long after I ever imagined I’d want to when I first began has shown me the courage and determination it takes to climb this mountain. I don’t see the painfully resistant being capable without the resilience, strength and heart required to keep climbing long after the shine of the climb wears off, hence I feel it’s reckless to encourage them to do so. If they’re meant to the desire will emerge from within because that’s what it takes.
    Never give up on your silly, silly dreams.

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little BIGGER, darling.

14. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

anandacate (7th January 2017), Bill Ryan (7th January 2017), Bluegreen (7th January 2017), BMJ (7th January 2017), bojancan (7th January 2017), boolacalaca (7th January 2017), ceetee9 (7th January 2017), DebJoy (7th January 2017), Debra (8th January 2017), Ewan (7th January 2017), Hervé (7th January 2017), Iloveyou (7th January 2017), Selene (7th January 2017), Sophocles (8th January 2017), Star Mariner (7th January 2017), The Freedom Train (7th January 2017), the_real_dave-id (9th January 2017), toppy (7th January 2017), Whiskey_Mystic (7th January 2017)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 278,213 times in 20,620 posts

Quote Posted by Innocent Warrior (here)
    Quote how do you communicate your insights with others who may be painfully resistant?
    I don’t anymore. It’s a monolithic mountain and my resolve to keep climbing long after I ever imagined I’d want to when I first began has shown me the courage and determination it takes to climb this mountain. I don’t see the painfully resistant being capable without the resilience, strength and heart required to keep climbing long after the shine of the climb wears off, hence I feel it’s reckless to encourage them to do so. If they’re meant to the desire will emerge from within because that’s what it takes.

That's to be printed out and hung on the wall.

(Innocent Warrior does this regularly... )

16. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Bluegreen (7th January 2017), BMJ (7th January 2017), ceetee9 (7th January 2017), DebJoy (7th January 2017), Debra (8th January 2017), Dennis Leahy (7th January 2017), Ewan (8th January 2017), Iloveyou (7th January 2017), Innocent Warrior (7th January 2017), lilac (8th January 2017), Merry Mom (9th January 2017), Ron Mauer Sr (7th January 2017), Sunny-side-up (7th January 2017), sunwings (7th January 2017), The Freedom Train (7th January 2017), the_real_dave-id (9th January 2017), toppy (7th January 2017)

17. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,191 times in 1,346 posts

A lot of times I look at things the other way around.

With the mountain analogy--much as a billiards player makes a shot by visualizing the result, and the hands do their thing more or less automatically--imagine being on that mountain peak and looking around from it.

Do I have a state of consciousness that is unaffected by death, or even sleep, that is able to reach any location and fully understand all causes and effects? I don't. That alone proves to me that something remains to be awakened, even if I can't identify it. Is that akin to hypnosis, it certainly is.

All I can do is abide by the classic methods: jnana yoga (right knowledge) and raja yoga (meditation into depersonalized consciousness). Unconditional love, and the corresponding attitudes and behaviors, are like the welcome mat; jnana yoga is like the door. It will take many openings and many glimpses to pass the door. Does that come at a cost, yes it does. Like scrubbing the mind with bleach. If I said it was all cozy and wonderful, I would be disseminating wrong knowledge. If the personal tribulations push me off the welcome mat, it's over.

What helped me was at a very early age learning how military intelligence, economics, and advertising work. So most of the regular stupid human tricks have been fairly ineffective on me. Most of the rest of it has been a mental struggle, combined with a wide range of experiences from crime to a Dzogchen lineage holder visiting across the street from me.

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th January 2017), Bluegreen (7th January 2017), BMJ (7th January 2017), DebJoy (9th January 2017), Debra (8th January 2017), Ewan (8th January 2017), Iloveyou (7th January 2017), Innocent Warrior (7th January 2017)

19. Link to Post #10
    Virgin Islands Avalon Member Selene's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,189 times in 1,108 posts

Are there any specific methods or deliberate steps you've taken that have helped you awaken around various topics/subjects? Or has it been mostly serendipity and questioning what you're hearing, with a hit and miss approach?
    What an interesting question. I can only convey my own experience here. It is essentially a three-pronged approach.

1. Listen to everyone. Read everything. Consider everything.

2. But keep continually evaluating everything. Think for yourself. Evaluate everything according to your own experience. “Experience” is the operative word here. It’s not what you “think” or “believe” or “resonate with…” It’s about what you actually know from your own experience. And that is a toughie. How much actual experience do you personally have with the topic? Not books, not teachers, not doctrine or scripture. Actual personal experience. Most of us don’t actually have enough experience to form a strong belief. We are willing sheeple.

The important, critical, thing to understand is that your own experience always completely trumps any other opinions, no matter whose high-and-mighty. The important lesson is to learn to listen to - and trust - yourself.

And beyond your own experience, it doesn’t really matter. It won't necessarily help you grow.

3. Your opinion will necessarily change as your experience grows. That’s perfectly correct and as it should be. But never run ahead of your own personal experience in your mind or your opinions. That way lies stupidity.

Personally, I have several mental bins into which I file information: True, False and Perhaps. “Perhaps” is by far the largest mental bin. Hardly anything makes it into the other two. And I am constantly reshuffling information between and among all three. Some things make sense only after years – or decades. Other loose parts “fit together” only after another critical piece arrives. I never know. Other stuff gets, umm, recycled. Or dumped totally. I never know. It’s always an adventure.

Stay flexible. That’s all I can suggest.

Cheers,

Selene

20. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Selene For This Post:

anandacate (7th January 2017), Bill Ryan (8th January 2017), Bluegreen (7th January 2017), BMJ (7th January 2017), boolacalaca (7th January 2017), ceetee9 (7th January 2017), DebJoy (9th January 2017), Debra (8th January 2017), Ewan (8th January 2017), Iloveyou (7th January 2017), Innocent Warrior (7th January 2017), Ron Mauer Sr (7th January 2017), The Freedom Train (7th January 2017), toppy (7th January 2017)

21. Link to Post #11
    France Avalon Member
    Thanks

To me the HOW TO as no importance, in this particular case it's rule by fear to not reach, so I focus on the WHY ? And if the WHY had "good" answers then the HOW TO present itself to me.

In this journey we always are in the right place and time, WHY do I ask for shortcut ? To where ?

22. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to guyres For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th January 2017), Bluegreen (7th January 2017), BMJ (7th January 2017), DebJoy (9th January 2017), Debra (8th January 2017), Ewan (8th January 2017), Iloveyou (7th January 2017), Innocent Warrior (8th January 2017), Sunny-side-up (7th January 2017), sunwings (7th January 2017), The Freedom Train (7th January 2017)

23. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member ceetee9's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,268 times in 710 posts

First, welcome to Avalon Debjoy. I hope you enjoy your journey and stay.

Excellent question and my answer to it is: QUESTION EVERYTHING!

You can't possibly really "KNOW" anything if you just blindly accept whatever you are told. I realize that no one knows everything, but, for me, what sets those who MIGHT know something apart from those who BELIEVE they know something is if they have done a reasonable amount of quality investigation into the subject matter. And, yes, I realize that what constitutes a "reasonable amount of quality investigation" is subjective and determined by the questioner/observer, but, realistically, we have little else to go on. You either take responsibility and trust yourself or you abdicate your responsibilities and place your trust in others. I know I am the only person on the planet who I know and trust 100%--and even then I question myself some times.

Quote Posted by Debjoy

I'm becoming more and more jaded with this "awake" versus "asleep" thing. I don't know that any of us are TRULY awake. But to respond to your question, I refer you to my previous comment (i.e., QUESTION EVERYTHING). There are no guarantees that you will ever know the real truth about most things, but, if you don't do your due diligence to investigate those things for which you are concerned or curious, it's highly likely that what you THINK you know is wrong.

Quote Posted by Debjoy
    Very observant! Perhaps the "spiritually enlightened people" who thought Obama was the answer were not so "spiritually enlightened" after all. This is one of the reasons why I'm having more and more of a problem with all of these self-aggrandizing terms like "awake and aware," "spiritually enlightened," etc. We humans, myself included, can't seem to get away from categorizing people and things (e.g., you're either "awake and aware" or you're "still asleep" or "clueless"). This bothers me to no end, yet I still find myself making the same kinds of judgments. But I digress...

The thing that you (apparently) may have been alluding to is that the elections are rigged. The candidates that we get to choose from are all pre-selected by the powers-that-be and it matters not whether you vote Republican or Democrat because they are both "team players." And they, through their media shills, have programmed us to believe that a Republican or Democrat is our only choice--and this last election the MSM made it abundantly clear that there was only one choice, the Democrat.

Quote Posted by Debjoy
    Welcome to the real world. This is true of most, if not all, of us. The reason, I believe, why we "missed waking up sooner" is because we have all been programmed from birth to believe in so many lies that it is hard to come to terms with--particularly because it was your parents, relatives, pastor, government, media or whoever you looked up to and trusted that told you these things. And I'm not saying that they all knowing lied. They didn't. They too were all programmed to believe in what the "controllers" wanted them to believe in. We've all been brainwashed since birth so don't beat yourself up or blame all the ones you love and trust. A few may have known they were lying to you, but most did not, IMHO.

Quote Posted by Debjoy
    Programming/brainwashing is a very real and powerful tool and few, if any, are immune to it.

Quote Posted by Debjoy
    On various issues, how did we/they get so misled to begin with?
    We were programmed/brainwashed our entire lives.

Quote Posted by Debjoy
    How can we prevent that in the future? How do we escape the hypnotic trance or mind control?
    I'm not sure we can completely, but questioning everything is a great start. Don't accept anything anyone tells you at face value. It's not that everyone is intentionally lying to you or trying to fool you. It's that most everyone you come in contact with are just as hypnotized/brainwashed as you. It is only through pursuit of the truth that you have any chance at all of learning what really is going on and even then you can't be 100% sure you have connected all the right dots and found the truth.

Quote Posted by Debjoy

Questioning is job 1. I've found that you can only communicate what you've learned with others if they are ready to listen. If they resist it is best to drop the subject--unless you like fights and pissing people off.

We are all on this journey together and we all "wake up" (for lack of a better term) when we are ready and willing to question our beliefs.

As the old saying goes, "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink."

My philosophy is to continue to lead the horse to water, but if it starts kicking me in the shins I walk away. It is up to the horse at that point whether it wants to survive or not.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

24. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to ceetee9 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th January 2017), Bluegreen (7th January 2017), BMJ (7th January 2017), boolacalaca (7th January 2017), DebJoy (9th January 2017), Debra (8th January 2017), Ewan (8th January 2017), Hervé (7th January 2017), Iloveyou (7th January 2017), Innocent Warrior (8th January 2017), Selene (7th January 2017), Star Mariner (7th January 2017), Sunny-side-up (8th January 2017), The Freedom Train (7th January 2017), toppy (7th January 2017)

25. Link to Post #13
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,077 times in 2,144 posts

I didnt know that a person can be aware that he is asleep while he is asleep, when I sleep I lost awareness unless I am dreaming that I am asleep in that case I am aware, at least in my dream.

My answer would be, leave it to the roosters

26. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th January 2017), Bluegreen (7th January 2017), BMJ (7th January 2017), DebJoy (9th January 2017), Debra (8th January 2017), Ewan (8th January 2017), Iloveyou (7th January 2017), Innocent Warrior (8th January 2017), Noelle (7th January 2017), Sunny-side-up (8th January 2017), The Freedom Train (7th January 2017), toppy (7th January 2017)

27. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,468 times in 500 posts

As I write this, there are two large rocks in the middle of the road outside my home. For the last 90 minutes I have seen countless people walk past it, a group of men stop and look at it and even Police cars drive over it. Any contact with a motorcyclist would cause a hefty accident for sure. I will remove the rock in five minutes when i walk the dog, I see the danger and also think what arsehole left it there last night. That´s me! So what happens when they see a mountain blocking the road. They do the same. Ignore it and walk by. Courage and determination is what keeps us clearing the rocks off the road each and everyday until the mountain is toppled!

28. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to sunwings For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th January 2017), Bluegreen (7th January 2017), BMJ (7th January 2017), boolacalaca (7th January 2017), DebJoy (9th January 2017), Debra (8th January 2017), Ewan (8th January 2017), Iloveyou (7th January 2017), Innocent Warrior (8th January 2017), Noelle (7th January 2017), Sunny-side-up (8th January 2017), The Freedom Train (7th January 2017)

29. Link to Post #15
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,742 times in 1,233 posts

A few hours of self-reflection will get you further than a week of sifting through others take on things.

And then this....

Quote Posted by Innocent Warrior (here)

. .....perfect!

30. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th January 2017), Bluegreen (7th January 2017), BMJ (7th January 2017), ceetee9 (7th January 2017), DebJoy (9th January 2017), Debra (8th January 2017), Hervé (7th January 2017), Iloveyou (7th January 2017), Innocent Warrior (8th January 2017), Noelle (7th January 2017), Ron Mauer Sr (7th January 2017), Sunny-side-up (7th January 2017), The Freedom Train (7th January 2017)

31. Link to Post #16
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,888 times in 1,611 posts

Great questions, and so far many great answers. For me it's like ceetee9 said, question everything. So A) Question everything, B) Have an open mind. That means having no preconceived ideas or notions beforehand.

That's the beginning of the journey - and we're all on the same journey. We are all, in our own way, unravelling more and more truth as we go along. Whether you call it unlocking reality, the seeking of truth, or even spiritual enlightenment, all are part of that same journey. There are people ahead of us and people behind us. You cannot direct the course of those behind you, any more than those ahead of us can direct our own two feet. You can lead, inspire, and encourage others, but ultimately we can only be responsible for own personal progress. But it isn't a race. Everyone will eventually get there in the end, and in their own good time.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

32. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Star Mariner For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th January 2017), Bluegreen (7th January 2017), boolacalaca (7th January 2017), ceetee9 (7th January 2017), DebJoy (9th January 2017), Debra (8th January 2017), Ewan (8th January 2017), Hervé (7th January 2017), Iloveyou (7th January 2017), Innocent Warrior (8th January 2017), Noelle (7th January 2017), Ron Mauer Sr (7th January 2017), Sunny-side-up (8th January 2017), The Freedom Train (7th January 2017)

33. Link to Post #17
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,165 times in 15,477 posts

Great question... no doubt!

That's where a dual universe can give one a hand

See, if one's thoughts, ideas, conclusions, concepts, etc... are concocted in one's universe and there are no other universes to compare it to; well, one gets FUBAR real fast!

You know, NWO, we are all "One," etc...

So, with a dual universe, one gets to compare - at least - one's universe with another's universe... and the first reaction out of "Confirmation Bias" is:

"How could so-and-so believe such non-sense!?!"

... and one starts on the quest of rallying other "Like-minded" individuals to one's "cause." You know... like around campfires or in taverns, on soapboxes, in clans, gangs, tribes, clubs, lodges, churches, "societies" of all kinds, etc...

If a dual universe didn't exist, one would have to invent it in order to verify that one's universe is wholesomely correct in all its assumptions as in re-inventing the scientific method to check if the original hypothesis/concept is falsifiable... and that's where the "Question everything" enters the scene...

The turning point occurs when the "Question everything" starts being applied to oneself and one's thoughts, ideas, etc... instead of being exclusively applied to others.
    Last edited by Hervé; 7th January 2017 at 15:28.
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

34. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th January 2017), Bluegreen (7th January 2017), BMJ (8th January 2017), ceetee9 (7th January 2017), DebJoy (9th January 2017), Debra (8th January 2017), Ewan (8th January 2017), Iloveyou (7th January 2017), Innocent Warrior (8th January 2017), Noelle (7th January 2017), Ron Mauer Sr (7th January 2017), Sunny-side-up (8th January 2017), The Freedom Train (7th January 2017)

35. Link to Post #18
    Europe Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,685 times in 1,155 posts

In the mornings, when I wake up there are the seconds (or even minutes) between being awake and asleep, when a kind of distant memory creeps into my sleep, when a kind of doubt or disturbance arises, I'm probably aware, but not awake yet. I often find myself in a similar state of vagueness, in the course of my days.

On a different note: yes, question everything, but above all and particularly yourself (myself), our own certainties, beliefs and limitations. Don't believe everything you think. It is so easy to make ourselves comfortable wiithin our own (alternative) world view.

The point where it gets personally uncomfortable, challenging and where one feels the greatest resistance to go - could lead in the most interesting direction. To remain flexible but not to the point where everything becomes arbitrary, means walking a very fine line between personal growth, expansion and rigidity, stubbornness.

And for me of course, "practise what you preach" is the motto here. At least I'm trying every day anew.

edit:

Herve, you expressed my own thoughts elegantly and effortlessely, while I was drafting my post.
    Last edited by Iloveyou; 7th January 2017 at 15:18.

36. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Iloveyou For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th January 2017), Bluegreen (7th January 2017), BMJ (8th January 2017), bojancan (7th January 2017), boolacalaca (7th January 2017), ceetee9 (7th January 2017), DebJoy (9th January 2017), Debra (8th January 2017), Ewan (8th January 2017), Hervé (7th January 2017), Innocent Warrior (8th January 2017), Noelle (7th January 2017), Sunny-side-up (8th January 2017), The Freedom Train (7th January 2017)

37. Link to Post #19
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,848 times in 3,403 posts

Good reply's to your post there DebJoy.

Think on this:

you know there is 'Ice Cream'
    You find out there are many flavours.
    You try them one-by-one and find the ones you like, the ones you don't like.
    You store all flavours in your memory.
    You then try pix-n-mixing them, creating your own taste.
    You add your mixed-taste to the memory of stored flavours, this then becomes your 'Personal-Ice-Cream-World'
    Over time you find some flavours have melted and merged together.
    The 'Ice Cream World' becomes one big desert of true and false flavours.
    So you 'Re-Taste' most again, and again until you find the flavours that seem to stay sweet and true

I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

38. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th January 2017), Bluegreen (7th January 2017), BMJ (8th January 2017), bojancan (7th January 2017), boolacalaca (7th January 2017), DebJoy (9th January 2017), Debra (8th January 2017), Innocent Warrior (8th January 2017), Noelle (7th January 2017), The Freedom Train (7th January 2017)

39. Link to Post #20
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,229 times in 1,631 posts

ceetee9: Love your response! Simple language and yet profound. I especially like how you addressed waking others.

40. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th January 2017), Bluegreen (7th January 2017), BMJ (8th January 2017), ceetee9 (7th January 2017), DebJoy (9th January 2017), Debra (8th January 2017), Sunny-side-up (8th January 2017), The Freedom Train (7th January 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast