+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How To Wake Up When You Don't Even Know You're Asleep?

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,827 times in 404 posts

Default Re: How To Wake Up When You Don't Even Know You're Asleep?

Should Grace come calling and you truly awaken, there will be a profound change in perception. Every account of awakening tells us that awareness explodes from a person centered view to an infinite view (perception). Awareness instantly expands to infinity and it is seen that there is no one home. No individual person to get awake. Like a paradox that resolves itself. All is seen as perfect, just as it is. And light is seen everywhere. Someone asked Byron Katie what that seeing is like. She replied that "awake" or asleep, eyes open or closed, it is the same. Brilliant light everywhere in space and around all objects all the time. The profoundness of the perceptual change cannot be overemphasized. Imagine not seeing the human aura to instantly seeing the human aura in all its glory and many levels/layers extending out some 3 feet from the physical body. My oh my. Some get used to it quickly, some take months to acclimate and many take years to fully understand the shift. Franklin Merrill Wolff did not want to drive for 2 months after it happened to him. You see so much light that the physical realm fades into the far background. Douglas Harding eased right into it. Jed McKenna, whoever he is, took 10 years to relax into awakening.

True awakening has nothing in common with everyday duality. Do you see everything, yes everything, as perfect just as it is? When awakening comes you will. And you will be amazed.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to enigma3 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th January 2017), Bluegreen (7th January 2017), DebJoy (9th January 2017), Debra (8th January 2017), Ewan (8th January 2017), Noelle (7th January 2017), Sunny-side-up (8th January 2017), The Freedom Train (7th January 2017)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,844 times in 572 posts

Quote Posted by DebJoy (here)
    What I'm curious about, and would like to get your feedback on, is how to become awake in an area where you don't even realize you're asleep. Or where you think you already "know" but then it turns out it's not accurate. Or where it's totally off your radar. Do you have a "method" or process you've used, with success?
    They say hindsight is 20/20. In my opinion there is no mental process or formula that will awaken the mind to its own delusions. Awakenings are oftentimes "accidental" or unexpected - as John Lennon said once, "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." As you walk your own path and find your own way, there is great potential for awakening. I do have a feeling that it is an inevitability for all of us - that we are all destined to be fully awakened and freed from suffering - since I see that we are all in this together whether we like it or not. This is equality. This takes ego out of the picture. It is not a race or a popularity contest. We are all getting there in our own way.

I find that, oftentimes, as each awakening opportunity is met with acceptance and equanimity, a new piece of the puzzle is uncovered, a new level of awakening is glimpsed. This may sound like a recipe or a mandate to live by, but the rub is that acceptance and equanimity cannot be faked - they seem to be borne out of series of events and experiences that nurture these ways of being in a person - allowing them to naturally unfurl in a person as they develop and grow. To try and force ourselves to feel anything other than what we are feeling is folly, and only seems to create more work for ourselves down the line when we have an emotional meltdown after the gasket blows on our repressed feelings.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to The Freedom Train For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th January 2017), Bluegreen (7th January 2017), BMJ (9th January 2017), ceetee9 (8th January 2017), DebJoy (9th January 2017), Debra (8th January 2017), Ewan (8th January 2017), Innocent Warrior (8th January 2017), Sunny-side-up (8th January 2017)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by Innocent Warrior (here)
    Quote how do you communicate your insights with others who may be painfully resistant?
    I don’t anymore. It’s a monolithic mountain and my resolve to keep climbing long after I ever imagined I’d want to when I first began has shown me the courage and determination it takes to climb this mountain. I don’t see the painfully resistant being capable without the resilience, strength and heart required to keep climbing long after the shine of the climb wears off, hence I feel it’s reckless to encourage them to do so. If they’re meant to the desire will emerge from within because that’s what it takes.

That's to be printed out and hung on the wall.

(Innocent Warrior does this regularly... )
    Bill I was thinking the same thing!

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The Freedom Train For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th January 2017), DebJoy (9th January 2017), Debra (8th January 2017), Innocent Warrior (8th January 2017), Sunny-side-up (8th January 2017)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bubu (here)
    My answer would be, leave it to the roosters
    I love this!

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The Freedom Train For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th January 2017), DebJoy (9th January 2017), Debra (8th January 2017), Innocent Warrior (8th January 2017), Sunny-side-up (8th January 2017)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    I'd offer an organic perspective, as it were, in the context of the journey we are all on. And that's to do with
    • The gradual unpeeling of layers (or, in some cases, their gradual addition )
    • That marvelous unseen aspect of our lives by which the right things happen at the right time, including meeting the right people, every now and then, who can be critical triggers to our awareness in certain fields.
    What does this mean? Well, for one, it means it's right out of our conscious control. But, at some higher level, it might all be working perfectly.
    Bill, it's the silver platter we were talking about!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Freedom Train For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th January 2017), DebJoy (9th January 2017), Sunny-side-up (8th January 2017)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks

I wanted to thank everyone for their wonderful contributions. I didn't want to delay in responding as I haven't been able to read them all yet, and the ones I have read are very thought-provoking and thorough and insightful. Enormously amazing food for thought here.

What a wonderful tribe to be a part of! Thanks!

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to DebJoy For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th January 2017), Bluegreen (8th January 2017), BMJ (8th January 2017), ceetee9 (7th January 2017), Debra (8th January 2017), Ewan (8th January 2017), guyres (9th January 2017), Hervé (8th January 2017), Innocent Warrior (8th January 2017), Sunny-side-up (8th January 2017)

13. Link to Post #27
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Ron passed in October 2022.
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,265 times in 2,136 posts

We all have our own personal journey. Our gut feelings guide us. Just because someone else is on a different path (including sleep) does not mean that person is on the wrong path. Consider that we are all eternal beings temporarily wearing a meat suit suitable for our learning experience.

Everyone of us (including the dark side) is an extension of Source energy on Prime Creator's never ending journey of Self discovery.

Sometimes we can gently start someone on a wake-up journey but we should never become a loud mouth preacher. Intuition and feedback should guide our way.

No one has all the answers. I have 3 libraries: what feels right, what feels wrong, and what has possibilities or is likely a mixture of truth and BS.

I do have a passion for wanting to understand what is going on, and a passion to avoid being manipulated.

Abraham may have the best advice. Be a conscious creator by spending time with thoughts that feel good. Feeling good is feedback from Higher Self that we are in alignment with Source. That advice should apply to awakening ourselves and others. Set a pace that feels good.
    Last edited by Ron Mauer Sr; 8th January 2017 at 00:29.

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

Bluegreen (8th January 2017), BMJ (8th January 2017), ceetee9 (8th January 2017), DebJoy (9th January 2017), Debra (8th January 2017), Ewan (8th January 2017), guyres (8th January 2017), Noelle (8th January 2017), Sunny-side-up (8th January 2017)

15. Link to Post #28
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,123 times in 3,951 posts

Just knowing there is an 'asleep human state' puts you on the awake path

I'm glad I'm with you all here
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

Bluegreen (8th January 2017), BMJ (9th January 2017), DebJoy (9th January 2017), Noelle (9th January 2017), Smell the Roses (9th January 2017)

17. Link to Post #29
    United States Avalon Member Smell the Roses's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,663 times in 285 posts

Whereas those of us in this forum can certainly look forward with anticipation to further enlightenment, at this point I believe we could focus on trailing illumination breadcrumbs for our fellow man as well as having our house in order to the point of being able to respond to large numbers of humans realizing facts like the truth behind 9/11/01 and so on. Here in the USA news organizations such as Breitbart and Infowars are becoming more and more mainstream. There will be plenty of opportunities for individuals searching for truth to get stuck into a corner rather than to free themselves from the Matrix. In other words, further enlightenment in the areas you mention will come from teaching others about the areas we have already mastered.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Smell the Roses For This Post:

Bluegreen (9th January 2017), DebJoy (9th January 2017), guyres (9th January 2017)

19. Link to Post #30
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,123 times in 3,951 posts

Hitting the nails on their heads.
    Showing information that is short and straight to the point.

I sit and read information for hours, I watch vids I to 3 hours long. I can do that because I have the time and deep interest.

So much of this information will never reach the minds of sleepers.
    Showing information that is short and straight to the point is needed.

Also any information that contains too much fear/pain/shock too soon will be dismissed!

In psychology, cognitive dissonance is the mental stress or discomfort experienced by an individual who holds two or more contradictory beliefs, ideas, or values .
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=me...hrome&ie=UTF-8

cognitive dissonance.

I know many very cleaver/intelligent people that share one great problem. They are closed to any challenge to their beliefs and the programming of their upbringing/schooling.

They believe the LAWS of science and their GODS. They believe there are NO NEW sciences, no new power supply's, what could be more powerful than the Atomic-power-station. Antigravity can't be true etc.
    They are stagnant and have dead-end-minds

Only way in is personally attuned information that hits their nail on the head, short and straight to the point information.

Once they are awakened they will watch deeper, longer forms of information OR fold and revert because the scale is too much for their minds to allow

Not all humans will or can AWAKEN or Change
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

Bluegreen (9th January 2017), BMJ (9th January 2017), DebJoy (9th January 2017), Smell the Roses (9th January 2017)

21. Link to Post #31
    Greece Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,019 times in 284 posts

The answer is quite simple. You wake up when you cannot take any more pain, coming from the identification that there is a doer. After that, you realize that you were never asleep.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ZenBaller For This Post:

Bluegreen (9th January 2017), DebJoy (9th January 2017), Smell the Roses (9th January 2017), Sunny-side-up (9th January 2017)

23. Link to Post #32
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,315 times in 279 posts

Quote Posted by boolacalaca (here)
    for the dreamer dreams the dream only dreamt when dreaming. All true understanding lies beyond.
    That reminds me I had an interesting dream sequence before I woke up. I was telling some guy he wasn't all annoying. There were things about him that were fine, there were things only I subjectively didn't like, but there were also things that everyone thinks is bad.

And he said - "Look, there it is" then made quotation marks with his fingers and said "The one-eyed seed is bad!" as that's how it came out when I said it, and I woke up.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Enola For This Post:

Bluegreen (9th January 2017), DebJoy (9th January 2017), Sunny-side-up (9th January 2017)

25. Link to Post #33
    United States Avalon Member Bluegreen's Avatar
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks
    Thanked 52,482 times in 10,168 posts

"A student learns when a student is ready to learn, and not before."

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

Iloveyou (10th January 2017)

27. Link to Post #34
    Ecuador Avalon Member boolacalaca's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bubu (here)
    I didnt know that a person can be aware that he is asleep while he is asleep, when I sleep I lost awareness unless I am dreaming that I am asleep in that case I am aware, at least in my dream.
    Being aware that you are asleep while being asleep is called "lucid dreaming."
    If you are interested in this topic, I highly recommend "Lucid Dreaming: Gateway to the Inner Self" by Robert Waggoner.
    Last edited by boolacalaca; 10th January 2017 at 20:53. Reason: Adding reply with quote

28. The Following User Says Thank You to boolacalaca For This Post:

Bill Ryan (10th January 2017)

29. Link to Post #35
    Thanks

I'm SO inspired by others who responded to this thread, and I also looked at what I already do or could do, so here's my additional take on it.

(As a newer member, I'm so tempted to not post this just yet, but wait and think and edit it more - but hey, I'm going out on a limb here because it IS good enough. And I gotta start / continue the process of being on Project Avalon, some time!)

1. Relax about it - at least part of the time. Don't always be so focused on waking up. The intensity of constant pressure to wake up can be counterproductive. Some of the best discoveries happen in a daydream, or while relaxing, or on vacation.

2. Have a sense of humor about it.

3. Just Say No - Take action of correcting what we've already woken up to. I had a dream a while back, and at the end of remembering the dream, this message came through loud and clear, "You're complicit in agreeing to stay asleep when you agree to go along with the insanity". We are already awake in many ways, but still accepting placidly the insanity and not rejecting/correcting it at all - so are we ready to wake up to more, if we aren't going to take action there either? Example when I went along with the insanity of some price increases at work (3x, 4x, 5x from what they were a few months previous). Though I tried to work with management, I acquiesced and compromised and therefore was part of the problem. And as a good person, I was signalling to others that all was well in this job, when it wasn't.

4. Ask and pray for guidance. (I've received such guidance many times when I've asked! One time, I was frustrated with my job and going into work on the bus. I was praying/asking/pleading, "Please just give me a sign that this will all turn out OK, and I'll get past this." I got off the bus in the Seattle tunnel, and straight in front of me was an American Family insurance advertisement - a HUGE sign - literally - that said something to the effect - "Go after your dream. We'll protect you. The sign stayed up there for many months - a constant reminder. Apparently our angels DO have a (literal) sense of humor.)

5. Trust that I will hear the messages and "niggles" or nudges when they happen and will take proper action in the right space and time. Also, patience! Listen and pay attention to synchronicities, serendipities, dreams, and just stuff smack in front of you.

6. Question everything. And while questioning, look for the inconsistencies, the contradictions.

7. Bring to our lives a spirit of anticipation, love, unconditional love rather than fear or foreboding. This creates the right mental/emotional environment for us to question, notice and wake up further.

8. Ask myself, how would I be acting / thinking if I was truly awake, and then DO that! Or at least imagine it vividly.

9. Gratitude. Be grateful for how much I have already woken up.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DebJoy For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th January 2017), Bluegreen (12th January 2017), Ewan (12th January 2017), Noelle (13th January 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2