Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Are Women Superior to Men??

1. Link to Post #21
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

Default Re: Are Women Superior to Men??

"Superior" is a completely ineffective metric, so the question is loaded - intrinsically.

A better way to put the question might be "Are women more effective than men?" - then one would have to ask "effective at what?" and break down a list of items and compare average effectiveness across various areas.

What I have thought is that men and women don't really differ - except physiologically and culturally, obviously. Physiologically it is pretty much merely the different hormonal expressions, and those results (body structure / function, tendencies toward particular emotions / lack of); culturally makes up the rest - and it is quite a lot. The bulk of noted differences between male and female humans is perceptual.

I have met plenty of "tough" women who have strength to weight ratios equaling or exceeding most men and I have seen it vice versa quite often as well; it might be good to consider that most physically "strong" women might choose to hide that quality, and most physically "weaker" men might also choose to hide that quality, skewing even the perceived results.

I think that might go for all other areas, besides physical strength,; so I don't think we are as different as our cultures lead us to believe ...
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Ashy67 (10th January 2017), Bruno (10th January 2017), Ewan (10th January 2017), Innocent Warrior (10th January 2017), Orph (10th January 2017), TargeT (10th January 2017), Wind (10th January 2017)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,800 times in 6,634 posts

Men and women are equal , one is not over the other... they are yin yang , both make the circle of life complete as creation intended ... In the eye of creation human beings are all the same no matter what planet they are born on , or what galaxy they reside in , they absorb knowledge from every angle and perspective to bring that knowledge back to creation making sure future galaxies are the more fantastic and beautiful ...
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

Ashy67 (10th January 2017), BMJ (12th January 2017), Ewan (10th January 2017), Innocent Warrior (10th January 2017), TargeT (10th January 2017), Wind (10th January 2017)

5. Link to Post #23
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

Quote Posted by shaberon (here)
    In general, however, females often have a steadier nervous system, which means they make excellent snipers. This probably has a mental equivalent that if they decide to concentrate on something in their "mind's eye", on the whole they can compose a more stable image than a man can. So I see no problem with respect to certain things, that, statistically, women can usually make better marks than men; by the same token, in other fields, they would typically score worse.
    That's because a testosterone influenced adrenal system is FAR more effective and active when compared to an estrogen influenced adrenal system, nothing to do with mental acuity, a LOT to do with survival and the hunter gather life style we existed in for probably quite a while (or, alternate theory, the gene stock we were mixed with lived long in that style).

When your in a combat situation, it's very hard to not have an adrenal reaction.

Women score higher in any topic they are interested in.

Males score slightly better in sciences and maths, but still below females.

That's certainly a difference that should be noted, however; motivation varies and many women are not willing to forgo family for career.

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    What I have thought is that men and women don't really differ - except physiologically and culturally, obviously.
    I'm not so sure that a testosterone influenced mind and an estrogen influenced mind... The women that I've known that are stronger & act more masculine seemed to think in a more male way as well.

Plus women clearly can be better scholars.

The "sex" hormones are very strong, I can see a mental difference, and I'm sure I've noticed one in my life.
    Last edited by TargeT; 10th January 2017 at 03:12.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Ashy67 (10th January 2017), BMJ (12th January 2017), DeDukshyn (10th January 2017), Ewan (10th January 2017), Innocent Warrior (10th January 2017)

7. Link to Post #24
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,119 times in 2,425 posts

But of course. It goes without saying (or in this case asking). But seriously, which is superior: A cat or a dog? A flower or a tree? Sugar or salt?

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Satori For This Post:

Ashy67 (10th January 2017), DeDukshyn (10th January 2017), Innocent Warrior (10th January 2017), Orph (10th January 2017)

9. Link to Post #25
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,555 times in 3,482 posts

Quote Well physically they look better
    For a while anyway.

This one's for Orph.

Never give up on your silly, silly dreams.

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little BIGGER, darling.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

Ashy67 (10th January 2017), BMJ (12th January 2017), DeDukshyn (10th January 2017), Ewan (10th January 2017), Spellbound (10th January 2017), TargeT (10th January 2017), Wind (10th January 2017)

11. Link to Post #26
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,410 times in 1,804 posts

I heard it said once that if women ran the world, there would be no war... but there'd never be any peace.

Last edited by Daozen; 10th January 2017 at 04:08.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Daozen For This Post:

Ashy67 (10th January 2017), DeDukshyn (10th January 2017), Innocent Warrior (10th January 2017), Spellbound (10th January 2017)

13. Link to Post #27
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Innocent Warrior (here)
    Quote Well physically they look better
    For a while anyway.

Men have nothing like menopause... Our Testosterone production in general does decline, but I'm SURE little-shoes up there is taking T. replacements... the "sex" hormones are like a taste of the fountain of youth for those suffering from the older illness. But with the tech we have coming, I dunno, living to 400 could be viable very soon, if not longer.

This woman is 62
    Last edited by TargeT; 10th January 2017 at 04:06.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Ashy67 (10th January 2017), BMJ (12th January 2017), DeDukshyn (10th January 2017), Innocent Warrior (10th January 2017), Ol' Roy (10th January 2017), Spellbound (10th January 2017)

15. Link to Post #28
    Canada Avalon Member Spellbound's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,259 times in 1,040 posts

NINE WORDS WOMEN USE...

(1) Fine : This is the word women use to end an argument when they are
    right and you need to shut up.

(2) Five Minutes: If she is getting dressed, this means a half an
    hour.. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given
    five more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.

(3) Nothing : This is the calm before the storm. This means
    something, and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with
    nothing usually end in fine.

(4) Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. Don't Do It!

(5) Loud Sigh: This is actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement
    often misunderstood by men. A loud sigh means she thinks you are an
    idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and
    arguing with you about nothing. (Refer back to # 3 for the meaning of
    nothing.)

(6) That's Okay: This is one of the most dangerous statements a women
    can make to a man. That's okay means she wants to think long and hard
    before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.

(7) Thanks : A woman is thanking you, do not question, or faint. Just
    say you're welcome. (I want to add in a clause here - This is true,
    unless she says 'Thanks a lot' - that is PURE sarcasm and she is not
    thanking you at all. DO NOT say 'you're welcome'.. That will bring on
    a 'whatever').

(8) Whatever : Is a woman's way of saying...Go to Hell...

(9) Don't worry about it, I'll do it:Another dangerous statement,
    meaning this is something that a woman has told a man to do several
    times, but is now doing it herself. This will later result in a man
    asking 'What's wrong?' For the woman's response refer to # 3..

Send this to the men you know, to warn them about arguments they can
    avoid if they remember the terminology.

Send this to all the women you know to give them a good laugh, cause
    they know it's true!!!

Dave - Toronto

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Spellbound For This Post:

Ashy67 (10th January 2017), BMJ (12th January 2017), DeDukshyn (12th January 2017), Ewan (10th January 2017), Guish (10th January 2017), Innocent Warrior (10th January 2017), Orph (10th January 2017), shaberon (10th January 2017)

17. Link to Post #29
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,189 times in 4,074 posts

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)

When your in a combat situation, it's very hard to not have an adrenal reaction.

Women score higher in any topic they are interested in.
    Can't knock the adrenal thing, although sniping is a lot more like hunting than combat--hence women could be doing better on a range, but maybe not when someone tries to bayonet them.

And to say, they are doing better in something that interests them, yes, that's how I perceive their mode of concentration. A man likely deals better with a hundred different kinds of random stress, a woman better able to focus when undisturbed.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

Ashy67 (10th January 2017), TargeT (10th January 2017)

19. Link to Post #30
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by Satori (here)
    But of course. It goes without saying (or in this case asking). But seriously, which is superior: A cat or a dog? A flower or a tree? Sugar or salt?
    Cat Tree Salt. Any questions?
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Ashy67 (10th January 2017), Daozen (10th January 2017), Innocent Warrior (10th January 2017), PurpleLama (10th January 2017), Satori (10th January 2017)

21. Link to Post #31
    France Avalon Member
    Thanks

In a sense yes with parthenogenesis they don't really need man to reproduce...

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to guyres For This Post:

Ashy67 (10th January 2017), BMJ (12th January 2017), Innocent Warrior (10th January 2017)

23. Link to Post #32
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,555 times in 3,482 posts

Quote Posted by guyres (here)
    In a sense yes with parthenogenesis they don't really need man to reproduce...
    Yeah but I'm pretty sure we can only reproduce females that way, that's no fun.
    Never give up on your silly, silly dreams.

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little BIGGER, darling.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

Ashy67 (10th January 2017), BMJ (12th January 2017), Dennis Leahy (10th January 2017), guyres (10th January 2017), Ol' Roy (10th January 2017), TargeT (10th January 2017)

25. Link to Post #33
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,426 times in 839 posts

Equals. Life is life. All is equal. That's honestly how I feel. There is no "superior". Sure, you, (all of you reading this), are going to be better at some things than me. And perhaps there may be a thing or two that I'm better at doing than you. So what? That does not mean that you are superior to me, nor am I superior to you. We're just simply different. We're each just exploring this physical life in our own way. And that way is unique to us as individuals.

In talking about superiority, you have to set up parameters of what you mean by superior. Is physical strength? Is it compassion? Intellect? Intuition? (Cooking and cleaning? ). Whatever parameters you set up are simply artificial constructs. You can set up one set of parameters and say that "these parameters make me superior". So what. I can set up another set of parameters and say that "This is what make's me superior".

When it's all said and done, it's simply an opinion. And every persons opinion is equally valid, because that is the way that each of us perceives our own universe.
    I am enlightened, ............ Oh wait. That's just the police shining their spotlights on me.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orph For This Post:

Ashy67 (10th January 2017), Dennis Leahy (10th January 2017), TargeT (10th January 2017)

27. Link to Post #34
    Thanks

Quote Posted by shaberon (here)
    Can't knock the adrenal thing, although sniping is a lot more like hunting than combat-
    I ran commo for a LRS team for 4 years, never deployed with them, but even in our OPFOR exercises (and we were ALWAYS OPFOR ) you got pretty damn amped... haha, no way in hell we were getting caught or shot when we were on OPFOR, that's the ultimate embarrassment.

And when deployed I put sights on bad guys many times, usually from pretty far away (I'm comms after all,) its hard to call it anything but exciting.

Quote Posted by Orph (here)
    Equals.
    That's kind of misleading though & perhaps a part of the problem, we should celebrate our differences; but not try to force equality.

I weigh 215lbs, there's no way my wife could pull me out of a burning vehicle. She weighs 110lbs, I could probably pull her out of a vehicle with a broken leg and broken arm.

OH, and she's given birth to 5 children (on top of everything else!)... I can't even think of a comparative analogy, I got nothing on that.

So I don't like "equal", though I do like your sentiment.

I'll go with this "equally important" or "Equally valid", I'm comfortable with that
    Last edited by TargeT; 10th January 2017 at 05:16.
    Where are you?

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Ashy67 (10th January 2017), Bruno (10th January 2017), Ewan (10th January 2017), NancyV (15th January 2017), Ol' Roy (10th January 2017), Orph (11th January 2017), shaberon (10th January 2017)

29. Link to Post #35
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,189 times in 4,074 posts

Well, on the military thing, I've been watching two active examples: the Peshmerga, who deploy women to front lines, especially due to the Takfiri belief that if they are killed by a woman, they go to hell, and plus, those ladies are as brave and dedicated as anyone could be.

By comparison, the Syrian Arab Army uses them almost exclusively for snipers, due to their above-average performance. Wait and watch the victim for four hours or more, and make one shot count.

Ultimately, I don't think there is much of a thing as combat training--either someone is trying to kill you with everything they've got, or not. So, although Norwegian women are entering the armed forces in co-ed barracks, I would have a hard time comparing them to the women of Peshmerga who get maybe three months' training and then face death until the threat is gone (which it's not). They're all volunteers, and no small minority but maybe a good 30% of the troops.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

Ashy67 (10th January 2017), TargeT (10th January 2017)

31. Link to Post #36
    Thanks

The answer to this question is YES if you know what's good for you!!!! Ha ha

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ashy67 For This Post:

DeDukshyn (10th January 2017), TargeT (10th January 2017)

33. Link to Post #37
    United States Avalon Member Charles Harris's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Orph (here)
    At cooking and housecleaning?
    I would argue that men are the better cooks.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Charles Harris For This Post:

Ashy67 (10th January 2017), Orph (11th January 2017), Spellbound (11th January 2017)

35. Link to Post #38
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,498 times in 720 posts

I wonder if superior should be changed to evolved. A word that's still subject to opinion and interpretation, but there sure are major overriding facts with miniscule exceptions and maybe that's what you more meant in your OP.

I suspect the level of soul/human evolvement is closely tied to the handling of the incredibly strong and frequently overpowering human challenges of power, violence and sex.

In all of history, how many times have troops of 1000's of women organized themselves to barge into a country, town or peaceful settlement to destroy all it's buildings and means of existence, and kill other women and children or leave them bleeding, wounded and suffering with absolutely no conscience or regret for some supposedly righteous cause?

In all of history, how many women have been in top political power at all, let alone in a rich country and diverted the bulk of income resources to means of destruction guns, tanks, planes, ships, bases, recruitment, salaries for warmongering and killing with their power? How many men haven't?

What is the percentage comparison of women to men in terms of obsession with their genitals, relentless impersonal getting off, porn, using prostitutes, the commission of sex crimes and a lifelong emotional detachment from what should be a deeply connected human act?

Those are the super-simplified basic examples, but some girlfriends and I have had numerous conversations wondering if a soul can only embody a woman after evolving from many lifetimes as a man and conquering these overwhelming urges and challenges, seeing their fallacy and finally becoming strong enough to not allow them to rule their human existence.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to waves For This Post:

AutumnW (10th January 2017)

37. Link to Post #39
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,206 times in 5,691 posts

Well, I think women are far more superior because, IMO, if the world was not at least "a four crazy," it would be massively boring...

Note 16 million views and climbing

ohhhh and the Hot Crazy matrix used by women is quite practical. So they are smarter too.
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

38. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

BMJ (12th January 2017), Daughter of Time (15th January 2017), DeDukshyn (10th January 2017), Spellbound (11th January 2017), TargeT (10th January 2017), Wookie (11th January 2017)

39. Link to Post #40
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,124 times in 2,678 posts

Quote Posted by waves (here)
    I wonder if superior should be changed to evolved. A word that's still subject to opinion and interpretation, but there sure are major overriding facts with miniscule exceptions and maybe that's what you more meant in your OP.

I suspect the level of soul/human evolvement is closely tied to the handling of the incredibly strong and frequently overpowering human challenges of power, violence and sex.

In all of history, how many times have troops of 1000's of women organized themselves to barge into a country, town or peaceful settlement to destroy all it's buildings and means of existence, and kill other women and children or leave them bleeding, wounded and suffering with absolutely no conscience or regret for some supposedly righteous cause?
    Madelaine Albright, Hillary Clinton, Margaret Thatcher?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast