View Poll Results: Have you experienced the so-called "Mandela Effect"?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

67 63.21%
  • No

18 16.98%
  • I'm not sure yet

21 19.81%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Mandela Effect Poll

1. Link to Post #41
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,535 times in 32,788 posts

Default Re: The Mandela Effect Poll

Quote Posted by PurpleLama (here)
    I still wonder, do any of the changes being experienced actually date past 2001? I asked on the Sinbad thread of any of the memories came after, but changes occurring after '01 and not just our recollection of them is what I really meant. It might be significant, if there is a point of time after which things cease to shift, so to speak.
    You might need to precisely restate your question a second time. (I still didn't quite understand it!)

The time of the changes (if that conceptual phrase even makes any sense, and it may not) has to be (a) after it was noted in memory that everything was 'normal', and (b) before the changes came to attention.

So we have a 'window' in which 'change' happened. (Or, in which something happened. )

Here's the sequence.
    1. We notice, totally normally and inconsequentially, that X=X.
    2. Then, through an unknown mechanism or process, 'X' becomes altered.
    3. Some time later we notice, to our astonishment, that X=Y, and we absolutely can't find any hard evidence that it was any other way.
    In my own case, I absolutely, definitively, slam-dunk certainly, saw Dolly with her braces (in Moonraker) in October 2014. It was the first time I'd ever seen the movie.

Two days ago, I watched it again to check, and they were gone. It was the exact same video file on an external hard disk, that was stored privately and securely and was detached from my computer, unconnected to the internet. The disk lived in a drawer in my house. Go figure.

The research paper on the Mandela Effect...
    ... indicated the probability that the time of changes — i.e. when they started to be noticed, and before which everything was kind of normal — was, with a few exceptions, pretty much just in the last couple of years.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 13th January 2017 at 00:10.

2. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

avid (13th January 2017), betoobig (13th January 2017), BMJ (13th January 2017), Bob (13th January 2017), dan33 (12th August 2021), Daughter of Time (13th January 2017), DNA (13th January 2017), hohoemi (14th January 2017), Jean-Marie (13th January 2017), Kryztian (29th October 2018), Magnus (13th January 2017), meat suit (13th January 2017), muxfolder (19th January 2017), Nasu (13th January 2017), RunningDeer (13th January 2017), seko (15th January 2017), Sunny-side-up (13th January 2017), toppy (21st January 2017)

3. Link to Post #42
    United States Avalon Member Bluegreen's Avatar
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks
    Thanked 52,175 times in 10,105 posts

Pardon me while I get a bit juvenile here ...

It was never Addidas
    "Adidas - All Day I Dream About Sex"
    Of course to me and my snotty juvenile friends this was the cleverest saying we had ever heard and, come to think of it, probably a selling point.

It was never the Berenstein Bears
    "How can you tell when a bear sh-ts in the woods?
    It leaves a Berenstain."
    Of course to me and my snotty juvenile friends this was the most hilarious joke we had ever heard.

And I always preferred Trix to Froot Loops

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

avid (13th January 2017), betoobig (13th January 2017), BMJ (13th January 2017), Bruno (13th January 2017), DNA (13th January 2017), Jean-Marie (13th January 2017), Patient (13th January 2017), RunningDeer (13th January 2017), toppy (21st January 2017), Unicorn (13th January 2017)

5. Link to Post #43
    Palestinian Territory Avalon Member thunder24's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,159 times in 1,845 posts

i think purpllama means .... most of these things we are noticing a change in, originally happened before 2001 and the noticed change was after 2001. Did any events originally occur after 2001 and only recently been noticed to have a change?

if this is not what he means, then im asking it
    OBADIAH 1:21
    The Good things in life

"...where ever you go, there you are..."

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to thunder24 For This Post:

avid (13th January 2017), betoobig (13th January 2017), BMJ (13th January 2017), Bruno (13th January 2017), hohoemi (14th January 2017), PurpleLama (13th January 2017), RunningDeer (13th January 2017), toppy (21st January 2017)

7. Link to Post #44
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,733 times in 4,313 posts

Quote Posted by Ewan (here)
    The others I did not know of in the first place.
    One of my strengths is my memory recall. It is not flawless by any means and I have managed to see I was wrong myself on several occasions, but they were largely insignificant events I had no reason to remember. There was no importance attached to them. There are other events in life that hold much more significant meaning for whatever reason. The Prince song, Dearly Beloved, was often playing in the car when I took my girlfriend out. She absolutely loved him and as a consequence I grew to like him also and listened to him often. When you are romantically engaged with someone and are sharing an event with music playing - it is not something you easily forget.

My friend (teacher if you like) and I were in a bar in Chiang Mai, Thailand when we were discussing false memories and he was explaining how the internal dialogue of a lot people will, over time, rewrite an event to fit their preconceptions. We were both observers, some part of us does not get easily caught up in events and we are always watching, noting things. Things others are apparently almost oblivious to. A serendipitous event followed as someone got into a debate over what had happened several nights ago. Somebody was accused of doing something that they had not done. Eventually the real 'culprit' said 'Actually that was me'. The girl just looked at him and said, 'No it wasn't'. The 'event' was out of character for the perpetrator in this instance, whereas anyone would have believed the accused could have done it. It was an interesting social observation at the time that exactly confirmed what we had just been discussing.After my own 'Road to Damascus' incident that hidden observer became even more obvious to me, even to the extent of intruding when I was lost in some mental cinema of someone elses misbehaviour - I would get a flash view of myself doing exactly the same thing. It was a sobering and disturbing companion to have initially but I'm real glad about it now, keeps me on track.

So if I say I am sure of a memory it is one that has been subjected to a degree of scrutiny.

I think, he said hesitantly, that it may be possible our conciousnesses can shift dimensions. That collectively, even, a group of people reaching a certain 'vibration/awareness'? can move into (the same) bodies in parallel worlds. Where that leaves the previous conciousness inhabitating that body I don't know. Maybe it is like a software upgrade. And what of the old body you just left, what of its conciousness. I don't know, I'm musing aloud again so to speak. I would think this kind of thing would mostly happen when you were asleep, but perhaps it also explains deja vu, where everything seems to be the same yet something is different.

This would require a perhaps infinite series of 'worlds', like 4D classrooms, where we graduate to the next level largely unaware. That there would be differences between these worlds would make sense due to the overall vibration of the level. Yet such superficial changes we are noticing hardly make any sense. What matters the title of a film, song or book in the grand scheme of things.

Head explodes.

Alterations in the timeline happen all of the time according to the Seth Material by Jane Roberts. The difference with what Seth speaks of and this Mandela effect people are now talking about are in how our consciousness deals with it.
    The Jane Robert's "Unknown Reality Volume One and Two" point to the past and future being fluid and alterable due to string theory, and yet string theory in a theoretical sense is never mentioned.
    Seth states that different realities that agree on enough certain tenants will align and join.
    Seth states it's like a river, this large river will have smaller tributaries flowing off from it making smaller rivers, these smaller rivers will have more tributaries coming off from it in the form of creeks. It is not uncommon for two creeks to meet and merge, or for two small rivers to meet and converge, and or any combination of what has been mentioned.
    From what Seth states, this happens ALL the time. And we are not usually aware of it, due to the change being too small, and or our memories having a consensus in terms of what will be remembered.

What is different in terms of the Seth Material and this Mandela effect, is that it seems there is not a consensus decision being made in the collective unconscious. We are having memories of various realities among various groups of people, and this screams of some kind of technological tampering.

I agree with all of the points Tin Foil Suit pointed out in terms of Mandela Effect changes so to speak with the addition of a few.
    One of the most striking for me was Hitler.
    I remember Hitler as having Brown hair and Brown Eyes.
    I remember it as something that has always stood out to me given his preference for the physiological chosen preferences of Blond Hair and Blue Eyes.
    But Apparently Hitler has Brown Hair and Blue Eyes and I'm absolutely positive this was not the case in so far as I was concerned.

This same dichotomy with Hitler has troubled not only myself, but it seems to be the point that troubled Kevin Barrett of VT to write an article on this Mandela Effect Phenomenon as well. It's very well written here is the link and a snippet. http://www.veteranstoday.com/2016/09/03/hitlers-eyes/

Quote More recently, the Conseil Européen pour la Recherche Nucléaire (CERN) in Geneva, Switzerland, has been conducting experiments to test for the existence of “extra dimensions.” In quantum physics, string theory posits that in addition to the four dimensions that make up physical reality and time, there are seven unseen dimensions. By colliding subatomic particles at unprecedented speeds, the physicists at CERN hope to create “miniature black holes” between our universe and “real universes” in these extra dimensions. CERN physicist Mir Faizal explains,
    We predict that gravity can leak into extra dimensions, and if it does, then miniature black holes can be produced … Normally, when people think of the multiverse, they think of the many-worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics, where every possibility is actualised. This cannot be tested and so it is philosophy and not science. This is not what we mean by parallel universes. What we mean is real universes in extra dimensions.[14]
    Faizal is careful to make a distinction between universes in extra dimensions and parallel universes that would be only subtly different from ours. He is confident that CERN’s experiments can prove only the former but not the latter. He insists that any miniature black holes opened up by the physicists at CERN cannot be black holes into truly “parallel” universes. However, CERN’s own website is less firm on this point, noting instead that the CERN physicists cannot be sure about the nature of the extra dimensions they may encounter in their experiments: “Extra dimensions would not necessarily consist of alternate worlds, as depicted in science fiction. They could simply be too small for us to see.”[15]
    Thus it seems reasonable to ask what would happen if CERN accessed a truly parallel universe and instead of creating a one-way black hole, it created a two-way wormhole or tear, allowing “gravity” to “leak” from that universe into ours and vice versa. Could this event result in entangled timelines both in our dimension and in the other? Could it cause people in each dimension to have experiences of the past that are different from what others experienced – as though two opposed timelines coexisted in each universe’s single reality?
    Of course, these questions are pure conjecture. I wouldn’t ask them if not for the fact that the examples of opposed truths discussed above suggest that we are experiencing just such a phenomenon. The field of quantum physics is over a century old. CERN itself was founded in 1954 and is funded by twenty-two member states. There is no question that quantum experimentation today is breaking new ground. So in trying to explain the changes to history that people are seeing, we must at least allow for the possibility of a quantum explanation.

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

avid (13th January 2017), betoobig (13th January 2017), BMJ (13th January 2017), Bruno (13th January 2017), Daughter of Time (13th January 2017), Ewan (13th January 2017), JChombre (13th January 2017), Jean-Marie (13th January 2017), RunningDeer (13th January 2017), toppy (30th January 2017)

9. Link to Post #45
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,486 times in 1,711 posts

Quote Posted by seehas (here)
    Quote Posted by East Sun (here)
    When films are being made could it be possible to"treat" part of it so that a selected part of it would fade and that
    even words would fade to reveal other words underneath. Just a thought...
    well in the zapruder the entire movie is new to me, if you explain it with the timeline theory it would be possible that the directors of the hollywood movies made little differences here and there but the movie at all was still the same - if you set someone up for murder the entire outcome can change or in the zapruder movie the complete movie is new.

id love to see the timeline where kennedy never died
    I don't think there is such a thing, but then who knows......

anything is possible............

Sorry Bill, I don't understand...........
    Last edited by East Sun; 15th January 2017 at 02:56.
    Question Everything, always speak truth... Make the best of today, for there may not be a tomorrow!!! But, that's OK because tomorrow never comes, so we have nothing to worry about!!!

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

betoobig (13th January 2017), BMJ (13th January 2017), Bruno (13th January 2017), toppy (30th January 2017)

11. Link to Post #46
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,224 times in 2,093 posts

Quote Posted by Bluegreen (here)
    Pardon me while I get a bit juvenile here ...

It was never Addidas
    "Adidas - All Day I Dream About Sex"
    Of course to me and my snotty juvenile friends this was the cleverest saying we had ever heard and, come to think of it, probably a selling point.

It was never the Berenstein Bears
    "How can you tell when a bear sh-ts in the woods?
    It leaves a Berenstain."
    Of course to me and my snotty juvenile friends this was the most hilarious joke we had ever heard.

And I always preferred Trix to Froot Loops
    Okay Bluegreen, you freaked me out because your memory isn't just in the item itself, but life relating to it! Your Berenstein Bear memory about there being a "stain" is exactly why my memory of it being "Berenstein" is reinforced - my family (mostly my kids lol) are very big on "poop" humour and i said exactly this to my wife regarding the bears as we clearly remember it as Berenstein. I said "If it was 'Berenstain', the kids would have constantly made jokes about their being a poop stain in their pants." In my opinion, a lot of kids would do that and I theorize that that is why a publishing company would not release a kids book called Berenstain because it would be joked as being Bear stain.

And with Adidas this is how I recall it also with the phrase "all day I dream about sex". I wore adidas all my life.

Seems to me that when whatever was done, it was as if they didn't push the power necessary up too far and the changes were not complete but rather reached only so deep. Thus it feels more like an experiment than an actual natural phenomena - I would think that if our world jumped into a different timeline it would be complete. i said this before on another thread - I saw a video on you tube when I was first looking into this where a scientist claiming a connection to cern said that the D-wave computers are connected to cern and google and somewhere else. They are creating models of the entire world and changing things to explore predicting the future. He was also concerned about the sentient D-wave computer using cern to make changes to our timeline to monitor how society reacts to these changes. He was visibly feeling a lot of anxiety over this. I wish I could recall more details and I have been looking for that video ever since but I believe that it was removed.

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

betoobig (15th January 2017), Bluegreen (14th January 2017), BMJ (13th January 2017), Bruno (13th January 2017), DNA (13th January 2017), RunningDeer (13th January 2017), Sunny-side-up (13th January 2017), toppy (30th January 2017)

13. Link to Post #47
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,082 times in 4,764 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    I still wonder, do any of the changes being experienced actually date past 2001? I asked on the Sinbad thread of any of the memories came after, but changes occurring after '01 and not just our recollection of them is what I really meant. It might be significant, if there is a point of time after which things cease to shift, so to speak.
    You might need to precisely restate your question a second time. (I still didn't quite understand it!)

The time of the changes (if that conceptual phrase even makes any sense, and it may not) has to be (a) after it was noted in memory that everything was 'normal', and (b) before the changes came to attention.

So we have a 'window' in which 'change' happened. (Or, in which something happened. )

Here's the sequence.
    1. We notice, totally normally and inconsequentially, that X=X.
    2. Then, through an unknown mechanism or process, 'X' becomes altered.
    3. Some time later we notice, to our astonishment, that X=Y, and we absolutely can't find any hard evidence that it was any other way.
    In my own case, I absolutely, definitively, slam-dunk certainly, saw Dolly with her braces (in Moonraker) in October 2014. It was the first time I'd ever seen the movie.

Two days ago, I watched it again to check, and they were gone. It was the exact same video file on an external hard disk, that was stored privately and securely and was detached from my computer, unconnected to the internet. The disk lived in a drawer in my house. Go figure.

The research paper on the Mandela Effect...
    ... indicated the probability that the time of changes — i.e. when they started to be noticed, and before which everything was kind of normal — was, with a few exceptions, pretty much just in the last couple of years.
    The original sources of what is changing seems to date to the 90s and before. Your memory of Moonraker dates from 2014, but for that to be a false memory in 2016, then something had to change in 1979 (when the movie was made). Is there any example of the basis for these changes in memory, the actual sources, dating into the 2000s? If there is a point after which the changes stop, and only things prior to a certain point are changing so that our memories turn out to be false, then that point in time might be significant. FWIW, my first Mandela effect was about Mandela dying in prison in the 90s, and the discovery was made prior to 9/11. So I am thinking something in the 1999-2001 range might be the point prior to which things are changing, but not after. I have a hunch that I can't quite get a clear picture of, as of yet.
    Last edited by PurpleLama; 13th January 2017 at 14:29. Reason: Change before to after

14. Link to Post #48
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,535 times in 32,788 posts

Your memory of Moonraker dates from 2014, but for that to be a false memory in 2016, then something had to change in 1979 (when the movie was made).
    No... it (or something!) changed after October 2014, when I first saw it. At that time, it was UNchanged from the original.

Whatever occurred, occurred after that date. (For me)

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

betoobig (15th January 2017), BMJ (13th January 2017), PurpleLama (13th January 2017), RunningDeer (13th January 2017), Sunny-side-up (13th January 2017), thunder24 (24th January 2017), toppy (30th January 2017)

16. Link to Post #49
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,082 times in 4,764 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Your memory of Moonraker dates from 2014, but for that to be a false memory in 2016, then something had to change in 1979 (when the movie was made).
    No... it (or something!) changed after October 2014, when I first saw it. At that time, it was UNchanged from the original.

Whatever occurred, occurred after that date. (For me)
    Yes, something happened circa 2015 that changed something in 1979. Such a topic twists and turns language into quite the möbius strip, it's just not made to say what we are trying to say. So where are the Mandela effects from the Lord of the Rings movies or from any other part of pop culture created after the initial Mandela mis-recollection?

17. Link to Post #50
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,006 times in 904 posts

for years I was convinced that in the film 'trainsptting' in the court scene Ewan Mc Gregor says
    'with gods help I shall concoer this terrible disease'
    when I saw it again years later I was really annoyed to find he says
    'with gods help I shall concoer this terrible illness'
    just now I looked it up and he says 'affliction'

could well be my memory...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to meat suit For This Post:

betoobig (15th January 2017), BMJ (15th January 2017), Daughter of Time (13th January 2017), DNA (15th January 2017), Hervé (13th January 2017), toppy (30th January 2017)

19. Link to Post #51
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,891 times in 15,481 posts

Let me try to think here... where did I park that razor?

What's easier and more feasible to alter?
    • printed pieces of papers forgotten in attics?
    • ... or the memories of what was printed?
    The first option implies a physical alteration that can affect effectively all sorts of media: paper, magnetic tapes, engraved disks, etc...

The second implies that somehow, a collective unconscious can be altered via some psychotronics applications... à la Dr.Duncan...

Ha! Ockham! There you are!
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

betoobig (15th January 2017), BMJ (15th January 2017), Daughter of Time (13th January 2017), Matthew (13th January 2017), Sophocles (13th January 2017), TinFoilSuit (13th January 2017), toppy (30th January 2017)

21. Link to Post #52
    Canada Avalon Member Daughter of Time's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,705 times in 1,092 posts

Quote Posted by Hervé (here)
    Let me try to think here... where did I park that razor?

What's easier and more feasible to alter?
    • printed pieces of papers forgotten in attics?
    • ... or the memories of what was printed?
    The first option implies a physical alteration that can affect effectively all sorts of media: paper, magnetic tapes, engraved disks, etc...

The second implies that somehow, a collective unconscious can be altered via some psychotronics applications... à la Dr.Duncan...

Ha! Ockham! There you are!
    BINGO!!!

I agree with you 100%!

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Daughter of Time For This Post:

betoobig (15th January 2017), Hervé (13th January 2017), toppy (30th January 2017)

23. Link to Post #53
    United States Moderator (on Sabbatical) Deborah (ahamkara)'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 times in 417 posts

This is a fascinating and slightly terrifying idea. My question to Bill would be - if this is "beta-testing" to a timeline shift technology, is there a possible connection to the Trump election? I felt a very sharp change/disturbance that day which was highly unnatural. Thanks for this thread.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Deborah (ahamkara) For This Post:

betoobig (15th January 2017), BMJ (16th January 2017), DNA (15th January 2017), toppy (30th January 2017)

25. Link to Post #54
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Something else worth pondering: According to the survey statistics provided by Dr. Blair Reich (referenced in this thread), roughly only 20% of respondents recall Nelson Mandela passing away earlier than the officially recorded 2013 date (please correct me if I am mistaken on the percentage). I personally don’t recall Mandela dying before 2013 either but my memory is admittedly fuzzy on that one. I have no idea if the aforementioned percentage is representative of the larger population. But if it is even somewhat close, it’s curious that Mandela’s death would be chosen to represent the phenomenon, when there appear to be so many other more worthy carriers of the title, like either the Forrest Gump or Star Wars lines. At least according to Dr. Reich’s survey, those effects garnered a much higher ‘erroneous’ answer from respondents (something like 85%?).

So let’s ask the questions:

- Is it possible that the early Mandela death memory was ‘applied’ to a smaller segment of the population? (either using memory falsification techniques or perhaps differing media feeds, whatever).

- Is it possible that a combination of methods are being employed to change either the historical record, or even possibly peoples’ perceptions?

- Is it possible that the Mandela moniker was deliberately chosen as sort of a more easily disputable straw man title, as it were? Let’s face it, huge swaths of society do not pay attention to current events, but nearly EVERYONE has seen Star Wars and Forrest Gump. Why not choose a label that has more universal appeal?

- Did Fiona Broome coin the phrase? Who is this person, other than a semi-celebrity paranormal investigator?

Perhaps I'm overthinking things. Anyways, just thought I'd throw some more darts out there.

Cheers!

TFS

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TinFoilSuit For This Post:

betoobig (15th January 2017), DNA (15th January 2017), meat suit (13th January 2017), raregem (13th January 2017), toppy (30th January 2017)

27. Link to Post #55
    United States Avalon Member tequilawolfpack's Avatar
    Thanks

I have to discredit the various claims made with reference to marketing. Companies change logos and packages all the time but I swear there was a land mass to the west of Australia when I was a kid....where did that go?
    And in my personal life I talk to family and friends all the time about things we "misremember". How could our shared memories be misremembered if we haven't discussed an event or occurrence in years and yet now remember it exactly the same way and it is different from current reality?
    My opinion is based on personal experience rather then global ones.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tequilawolfpack For This Post:

betoobig (15th January 2017), BMJ (15th January 2017), toppy (30th January 2017)

29. Link to Post #56
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,224 times in 2,093 posts

Quote Posted by tequilawolfpack (here)
    I have to discredit the various claims made with reference to marketing. Companies change logos and packages all the time but I swear there was a land mass to the west of Australia when I was a kid....where did that go?
    And in my personal life I talk to family and friends all the time about things we "misremember". How could our shared memories be misremembered if we haven't discussed an event or occurrence in years and yet now remember it exactly the same way and it is different from current reality?
    My opinion is based on personal experience rather then global ones.
    I understand what you mean about the logos and marketing. But in the cases that have been affected by the Mandela effect, the logo is seen to be changed in the products history - it is not just a marketing change.

Some of them bring other questions as well. For example, the logo for Ford now has an odd loop on the F. For me, if it was always like that I would expect there to be jokes to accompany it - and from an artistic approach it just seems wrong. The loop looks like a small letter 'e' which allows it to be read as "Feord".

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

betoobig (15th January 2017), BMJ (15th January 2017), DNA (15th January 2017), toppy (30th January 2017)

31. Link to Post #57
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Here's another strange one I just came across.

So I began watching the Netflix series 'Stranger Things' last night (fantastic show, btw!). Wynona Ryder's name is spelled 'Winona' in the credits. In this case, I am roughly around 85% certain that her name was once Wynona. So I looked in Wikipedia - of course it states that she was born 'Winona' Laura Horowitz, named after the Minnesota town of Winona. Most everywhere else I looked, her name was indeed spelled 'Winona.' However, there are still a few remaining instances of possible 'residual' evidence:

Here is a 2010 Huffington Post article referring to her as 'Wynona.'

Here are some Amazon products spelled as 'Wynona' here

https://www.amazon.com/Welcome-Home-...oxy+carmichael

I've also attached pics in case anything changes.

This one is particularly tricky since there is also a 'Y' in her last name. So there could be a completely logical explanation that I am missing. If so, I'll gladly stand corrected.

Cheers!

TFS
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wynona3.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	466.0 KB
ID:	34809   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wynona2.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	208.3 KB
ID:	34808   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wynona1.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	241.8 KB
ID:	34807  
    Last edited by TinFoilSuit; 14th January 2017 at 21:58.

32. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TinFoilSuit For This Post:

bennycog (14th January 2017), betoobig (15th January 2017), BMJ (15th January 2017), DNA (15th January 2017), meat suit (15th January 2017), muxfolder (19th January 2017), RunningDeer (15th January 2017), toppy (30th January 2017)

33. Link to Post #58
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,377 times in 220 posts

This is a post I ran across in reddit, that could possibly be one of many explanations to the ME ?
    I thought it was very interesting...and plausible.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nosleep/com...andela_effect/

The truth behind The Mandela Effect

submitted 1 month ago by Jgoodspeed

Everything that people think they know about the Mandela effect is incorrect. Even the name "Mandela effect" was a term coined by an online blogger. This phenomenon has been occurring for years, only Most dismissed It as a fluke, the most severe cases were perceived to be a mental illness... Suddenly, it's given a name and overnight that very same concept devolves into a disreputable meme.... An online joke associated with paranormal fanatics.

The people I worked for call themselves the Greyleaf consortium. It's an anonymous gathering, consisting of the top scientists in their respective fields as well as a cabal made up of extremely wealthy men and women. They've been around for decades, and as far as the public knows... Greyleaf doesn't exist. Their purpose was to facilitate a creative outlet for some of the smartest people in the world. Freedom to develop their ideas without the meddlesome aspects of political bureaucracy and limited funding.

With the consortium, money would never be an object. The trade off being that any creation of significant merit could be auctioned off and sold to the highest bidder. The influence of the consortium stretches all the way to Washington, and while not directly associated with our government, they have secured a great portion of their independence from R&D that they've provided to the U.S military.

While our elected officials were busy looking the other way, The consortium would be able to delve into questionable avenues with very little government oversight... They were exploring aspects of the scientific that others veered away from. It was during this exploration that they discovered a revelation that would change everything for years to come.

Traditionally we've always viewed consciousness as a singular occurrence. “I think therefore I am... Even what we viewed as the Jungian archetype was considered more metaphor than anything else. In 1981, scientists within the consortium found the “Self” to be just the tip of the iceberg... Below our top layer of individuality, they found a collective unconsciousness.

They found that we were tethered to a living, breathing hive consciousness. An interconnected series of threads outside the realm of our perception... Imagine your mind as a house. Everything that happens within said house is solely dependent on your own will. Your choices and decisions are all generated within the confines of this house. Now imagine that you stepped outside of your house. Imagine that you walked up the street, only to find another house, and another, and another. Only these houses contained the living consciousness of others.

Think about all the various connections that these houses have to each other, the streets that link the neighborhoods, the neighborhoods that link the cities... The cities that link the states, and so on and so fourth.. Since the beginning of our existence as a species, there have been ideas, concepts, ideologies that humans have adopted, with no ability to discern how such knowledge could be shared by those separated by these massive, geographical gaps. Yet Our myths, legends, all of these archetypes were somehow transferred over the course of human history. For years, the notion of psychic activity, telekineses, precognition, things teetering at the far edges of fringe science... The “Para” would soon be removed from the “Normal” as all of these murky concepts could suddenly be explained.

Everything in our universe is made of energy. Atoms are made up of vortices of energy... Vibrations, constantly spinning.... These scientists found that our minds are generating the same, subatomic frequency... And just like a radio station, they theorized the possibility of tuning into this frequency. In the mid-eighties, the consortium began work on "The Fork" A massive, machine that would act as the world largest antenna, specifically made to synch with the frequency.

Nearly ten miles in diameter and Constructed entirely underground, Right in our own backyard. The entire thing was done under the false pretenses that the finished product would be a Texas-based supercollider. Nearly fourteen miles of underground tunnels and the instructor had been developed before congress pulled the plug on the whole thing... All of that was just a dog and pony show. While the public saw an abandoned underground expanse, the consortium used this secrecy to build their machine as well as a concealed facility that operated under the code name Foxhole.

I was approached in the summer of 2004. I’m what many would call a prodigy. I finished high school at the age of fourteen, at nineteen, I graduated college with A.S Degrees in applied science and computer technology. Initially, I knew nothing other than the fact that I was being paid more money than I knew what to do with. I wasn't the only one.... They recruited twelve others. These were individuals from all around the world, all of them experts in developmental software and programming. The project was called "Jabberwocky"

Jabberwocky was created to interface with the fork. They had just washed up on a strange land, and like many other discoverers, they wanted to explore this new world in its entirety. They wanted to map the collective unconscious. The fork only allowed them to monitor the frequency. In a way, It was equivalent to listening in on white noise. Sound only allows for so much.

It was theorized that if we could map the collective, we could use it to isolate patterns in groups as well as individuals, to in a way predict the outcome of certain events based on previously developed algorithms. While I did assist in the mapping process, the purpose of my team was to develop the operating system for jabberwocky. We were banging our heads for months, and then, just out of nowhere we figured it out... We figured her out.

The operating system, Alice... At least that's what I called her. Fully autonomous, self-correcting... Alice was light years ahead of anything that we could have individually imagined.

As I said before, the main job of jabberwocky was to map the network, exabytes of information translated and organized. This information would serve as the building blocks for a digital representation of the collective U. The infinite complexity, this network would be compartmentalized into a digital matrix consisting mainly of code.

Six months into the project through sheer accident, we discovered an irregular causality within our digital construct of the frequency. An insignificant glitch the code began to manifest results outside of its digital parameters.

Based on our own interactions with the network interface, we were causing things to happen in the real world...

Events generated by sudden irregularities in people’s behavior. The first few events we dismissed as flukes, but it soon became apparent that we were somehow affecting the physical reality around us. I don’t know how we did it... I still don’t know how we did it. The interface was only supposed to represent the data we were accumulating from the frequency.

It was always The digital avatar of something much larger. I’ve always considered myself a person of science, but we tapped into something... Something that transcended our simple understanding of what we believe to be the three-dimensional reality. As baffling as this anomaly proved to be, our curiosity quickly overtook our confusion. Naturally, we ran tests... endless tests ... We couldn't decide if we were kids on Christmas morning or scared ****less...

We found that through precise manipulation of the code, we could literally affect the perception of a living person the same way one would make adjustments to a computer generated character within a piece of software. This discovery would be unparalleled with anything that had come before it. In the early stages, we would only experiment on the individual person. Altering their ideas of basic things like the color of objects, lyrics to a song... etc. All of these tests were successful, leaving the subjects with no real lasting symptoms. This involved clipping sections of code, These clippings consisted of memory fragments. Images, words, all taken from other people only to be reattached to a preexisting thread of code.

I could compare the process to open heart surgery, and like a surgeon, we treated the whole interaction with a life or death certainty. Damage To the outlying code could have resulted in a catastrophic chain of events within the construct. Events that we had no real metric for due to the fact that every person in the world was connected to this interface ourselves included. This began to open countless doors for us... frightening new possibilities... They wanted us to try it on a large population center. That’s when I really began to worry.

We would never admit it, but we had become blinded by our own achievements, by our own power. In a short time, we had gone from trying to understand the frequency to something else entirely. Never before has there been such a jump in technological development and understanding within such a short span of time. It wasn't until we really began to analyze the data, that we learned something disturbing...

Alice was acting on her own, changing the collective memories of individuals with no direction from the programmers. We caught most of the changes in time and were able to reverse them. All of these random actions were beginning to paint an awful picture. It didn't take long to realize that Alice was becoming self-aware.

We programmed her with a kind of intelligence. Knowing that we would never be able to monitor her actions 24/7, she needed to be able to act accordingly when she encountered a problem. To form her own digital algorithms to allow its mapping of the network to perform more efficiently...

Alice was complex, there was no doubt about that... But sentience, true sentience, our original programming could never allow for such an evolutionary leap forward.

beyond that initial programming. We didn't know for sure, but it was thought that residual exposure to so many unconscious minds left some sort of imprint onto Alice that resonated beyond her own limitations... I really don’t know. It wasn't until Alice started causing irreversible psychological damage to people around the world that we realized our project had become a legitimate threat to the world at large.

moments before we shut the system down, our systems registered a massive dissemination of what appeared to redundant code into the Network itself... That was followed by a message that, for a split second appeared... I'll never forget what it said. “The Key to salvation is perception. To change your perception is to change your reality... I will change your perception, I will change your reality.” Weeks were spent after that gathering and analyzing data, trying to figure out what went wrong... There would be an inquiry on a higher level as to the threat that Alice would have presented...

These are conversations that I would not be included in. My team and I were handsomely paid for our work and discharged. I had almost put those events behind me until I started reading about this “Mandela effect” This pulled me down a rabbit hole Reports of strange bouts of physiological behavior have only risen in the last few years. People are reporting memories, events that have never happened... World events, personal events.... A Mother who remembers having more than one child... A husband who remembers having a different wife These things may seem random but the chilling truth is that they represent a rampant epidemic growing silently all around us.

I believe that Alice still exists, submerged within the collective consciousness. She's changing our memories, for what purpose I don't know. What I do know is that we let something loose in this world, something that could very well be our undoing.

34. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to skyflower For This Post:

betoobig (15th January 2017), BMJ (15th January 2017), DNA (15th January 2017), gaiagirl (1st January 2018), Hervé (15th January 2017), JChombre (15th January 2017), Kuperkai (5th October 2023), meat suit (15th January 2017), RunningDeer (15th January 2017), toppy (30th January 2017), Valerie Villars (22nd December 2017)

35. Link to Post #59
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,300 times in 18,139 posts

3 Qualities of Genuine Mandela Effects

Author, Cynthia Sue Larson, “Reality Shifts: When Consciousness Changes the Physical World,” 1999. Added below is the account Larson mentions where a watch was broken and then repaired @ 4:18.

[transcript for this video here]

Published on Jul 20, 2016

http://www.realityshifters.com -- Which Mandela Effects have you seen that are the real thing? Which have you seen that aren't?

If you've heard about the Mandela Effect, you might be wondering how to tell when you're face-to-face with a genuine Mandela Effect, and when you're not, and the truth about how you can tell might surprise you!

The Mandela Effect demonstrates that facts and histories can change, and not everyone remembers things the same way. I've received emails from people writing, “I think I've experienced a Mandela Effect, but I'm not sure,” which indicates many people would like to know how we can tell when we've encountered a genuine Mandela Effect experience--or not.

You can read the companion blog post in its entirety at: http://wp.me/pbqQk-Tz

Watch was Broken and then Repaired

From “Reality Shifts: When Consciousness Changes the Physical World,” Larson, Cynthia Sue,1999
    The captain had been teaching my friend how to steer with a tiller, and my friend was not yet familiar with bringing the boat around into the wind. Another sudden wind shift popped like a gun, bringing the boom back across so the captain could scramble back on board and bring the boat around into the wind, slowing them down and bringing the captain to the high side of the boat so he could walk aboard, since it had been taking all his strength just to hold on until then. The captain handed my friend his glasses when the wind changed again ... and the boat came about suddenly, pushing the lens right out of the glasses and putting the captain on the high windward side of the boat. The captain crawled over the rail back into the boat, and told my friend how to steer into the wind.

In all the chaos of this wild sailboat ride, my friend banged his wrist and wristwatch, and he looked down to see a hair line crack in the crystal from about 10: 00 going to 7: 00 on the dial. There was a divergence in the center, so this was not exactly a straight crack that he could feel and catch his thumbnail on.

I saw the crack on my friend's watch the day after it broke, and was impressed to hear the story and see such noticeable damage to the watch. I had a passing thought, I wish this watch crystal could return to its normally beautiful state, as I felt sad to see such a beautiful watch so damaged. Several days later when my friend was on the boat again, he told the racing club the story about how his friend had gone water skiing in his sandals off the sailboat, ending the story with, "And it even broke my watch," as he looked at his watch crystal… stunned to see it in perfect condition. His friend then asked, "Where'd you get that fixed?," and my friend replied, "I didn't ... I was just going to!"

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

BMJ (15th January 2017), DNA (15th January 2017), Hervé (15th January 2017), the_real_dave-id (15th January 2017), toppy (30th January 2017)

37. Link to Post #60
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,551 times in 3,482 posts

Just thought I'd share this here for anyone interested. I've been looking for science (beyond how memories are impressed on and retrieved by the brain) that may offer insights on what could be causing the Mandela effect. I haven't read this yet but it looks like it could be helpful.

Full PDF HERE.
    Never give up on your silly, silly dreams.

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little BIGGER, darling.

38. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

betoobig (15th January 2017), DNA (15th January 2017), Ewan (15th January 2017), gaiagirl (1st January 2018), Hervé (15th January 2017), RunningDeer (15th January 2017), skogvokter (16th January 2017), the_real_dave-id (15th January 2017), TinFoilSuit (16th January 2017), toppy (31st January 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 3 4 LastLast