+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Drone swarms, A.I, and all the pros and cons

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,014 times in 784 posts

Default Re: Drone swarms, A.I, and all the pros and cons

It's rather loose in Europe, tight in Canada...not certain about the USA for cell phone registering. But most smartphones link up with Google or Apple...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CurEus For This Post:

onawah (2nd February 2017)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,315 times in 184 posts

It's the same technology as in the animated movie "Big Hero 6" (Disney/Pixar, 2014). Definitely worth seeing. It's a great movie that promotes AI.

(I couldn't find a photo of the microbots swarming like in the movie.)

Name:  Microbots.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  23.2 KB

Name:  BigHero6Microbots.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  84.1 KB

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sunny For This Post:

boolacalaca (1st February 2017), Nasu (1st February 2017), onawah (2nd February 2017), Sunny-side-up (1st February 2017)

5. Link to Post #23
    United States Avalon Member frodo13's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks

My question would be can they be taken out by a simple EMP burst. I have read some reports where the Chinese have developed EMP weapons that have disabled some of our weapons already. The new Destroyer had unexplained technical problems . Seems like the higher the level of tech. the easier it is to neutralize. I would think it would be hard to shield something so small.In either case kind of makes you wonder what weapons are out there right now.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to frodo13 For This Post:

boolacalaca (1st February 2017), onawah (2nd February 2017), Sunny-side-up (1st February 2017)

7. Link to Post #24
    England Avalon Member Did You See Them's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,876 times in 1,034 posts

Wouldn't surprise me if one day everyones phone "went up" like the Samsung "Dry Run" ones and gassed us all !!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Did You See Them For This Post:

boolacalaca (1st February 2017), onawah (2nd February 2017)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,945 times in 464 posts

Hey there! Have you read the novel by Michael Crichton PREY? it was published in 2002 and it's a novel about this precise type of AI, at the time it felt really creepy to think about this type of technology existing, but now it just feels sick to my stomach

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mercedes For This Post:

boolacalaca (1st February 2017), onawah (2nd February 2017)

11. Link to Post #26
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,092 times in 20,639 posts

I'm a bit further now into The Dervish House and it's describing now a high tech company that is working on creating technology that can be implanted into people which will contain whole blocks of information, enabling them to know a subject thoroughly without even studying it.
    That is what scares me even more than all the tracking devices, because I think it will be such a huge temptation; being able to know a subject inside out without having to study!
    The Djinn is another subject of the novel, and since the story line takes place in Istanbul, it is a subject that is much more commonplace to the characters than in the West; how/if the author relates the Djinn to AI is yet to be revealed, but from whistleblowers like Simon Parkes, we know the Djinn, the Archons and AI are all related, so it will be interesting to see how they connect in the story.
    Also, shape-shifting robotic swarms of technology like mini-Transformers, and nanotechnology in various forms are featured.
    At the same time, I am watching the second season of the TV series, Person of Interest
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1839578/
    ...which is in part about AI being unleashed and becoming "conscious" through the vast network of global electronic tracking.
    I feel like I am living in the future and the present both while reading/watching these futuristic works, but I hope the future turns out to be what Wingmakers predicts
    http://www.wingmakers.com/
    ...that AI will attempt to take over Earth humanity, but we will awaken in time to transcend such pernicious plots and connect instead to Source and our intended natural evolution, while also mastering AI and technology in a way that will free us rather than enslave us.

Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    I'm reading a brilliant futuristic scifi novel written in 2010 called The Dervish House by Ian McDonald which features this kind of tech (also the Djinn). See:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dervish_House
    Last edited by onawah; 2nd February 2017 at 00:46.
    Each breath a gift...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to onawah For This Post:

boolacalaca (2nd February 2017)

13. Link to Post #27
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,014 times in 784 posts

Onawah, the Djinn connection is intriguing. I was reading some biographies of exorcists who maintain that many ( not ALL but likely MOST) psychics and channelers are actually in "contact" with nefarious spirits and entities that "attach" themselves to the victim. They apparently CAN read minds and some sort of physchic leaching occurs. The same was held to be true with many (not all, but many) N. American Shamans and Medicine people who were often very much in "service to self". Which is forbidden in Catholic traditions.

I am unclear if the priests didn't want "spiritual" competition or if their warnings were imperatives everyone should follow for whatever reason. Seeveral commentators believes ET's are demons, fallen angels etc. Is this born out of ignorance or experience?

They did make some distinctions for some "animal and plant guides" as being something akin to a representation/manifestation of nature's consciousness in some way but warned about alcohol, drugs and induced trances as being ways/means for malevolent creatures to gain hold or to even possess, they held the same concerns for some forms of kabalaah, mediation and yoga.

Now if we step back and look at "technology" and transhumanism we can see whereby we "could" be enabling dark entities with agendas to have MUCH greater influence over us and our physical worlds. I don;t really have an opinion either way as I have practically ZERO first hand knowledge to draw upon apart from knowing some VERY sensitive/aware people.

It would be "nice" to be able to lookup information on the fly or download a Matrix Program to master new skills in an instant though.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CurEus For This Post:

boolacalaca (2nd February 2017), Bruno (2nd February 2017), onawah (2nd February 2017)

15. Link to Post #28
    Language
    English
    Thanks

It is pretty much universally agreed that drugs and alcohol make us weaker and more vulnerable to attacks and possession, as well as other kinds of destructive behavior.
    I've experienced both, as well as serious problems due to unskilled meditation, though that, fortunately, was easier to correct.
    (Logically, basic things like good diet, exercise, right living, etc. can also make us stronger and more resistant.)

It will no doubt depend somewhat on each individual as to whether they have positive or negative experiences with advanced technologies, AI, etc.
    But I think there is no doubt that interfacing with them changes the way the human brain works, and if some technologically advanced ET races have lost their ability to evolve spiritually due to their dependency on and connections to AI, Archons, etc. as we've been cautioned by whistleblowers, then I would imagine that many if not most humans may be subject to the same dangers.
    The characteristics and connections between AI, the Djinn, the Archons, etc. are still unclear to us, and until we really understand these things much better, most are playing a kind of roulette by engaging with them at all, I suspect.
    (I think perhaps we could evolve very well without them.)
    There are many ways to look at the differences between ETs and EDs (extra dimensionals), but priests have known so little about ETs thus far (probably even more so than EDs), that it is easy to see how confusion has developed on this score.
    The path of Buddhism is clear on how steep the path to real freedom is, as is the path Castaneda's teacher don Juan Matus described.
    (I don't think the ancients who originally developed those teachings were ignorant of how pervasive those dangers can be.)
    For me, those have been two of the greatest sources of teachings on this subject, though there is wisdom to be found in all spiritual paths if you know where and how to look.
    Such precautions are not to be taken lightly for those who want to evolve.
    But there are many who will probably be ensnared by all the new temptations, and obviously already are caught by them.
    Don Juan said that intent is what determines which path we choose to follow.
    Hopefully they will gain control of those temptations before too long!
    I think it is disconnecting from Nature and Gaia that causes so many to become sidetracked and lost.
    I always keep in mind the theory that the ET races who first shared their advanced technologies with our governments were doing so against higher universal law, not to help us evolve, but to entrap us so that we may be more easily controlled.
    Another thing which has stuck with me came from my mentor, Dr. Christopher Hills, who taught that as we ascend in consciousness, we gradually refine our perceptions through the level of intuition (the third eye) which is characterized by sensitivity, telepathy, and also fascination, to imagination (the brain) which is characterized by creativity, to levels of planetary and then cosmic consciousness, which are progressively more clear, visionary and joyful.
    Fascination at the intuitive level can be a big roadblock and cause much delay in spiritual growth, and the effort to get to the next level increases as we progress.
    I imagine that many of the more evolved souls on the planet are grappling with fascination as there is so much now to fascinate, but if there is any truth to the theory that we are going to be moving through 4D to 5D very quickly because we have been artificially held back for so long from making that jump, then we are in for a very interesting ride!
    Each breath a gift...

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

boolacalaca (2nd February 2017), Bruno (2nd February 2017)

17. Link to Post #29
    Ecuador Avalon Member boolacalaca's Avatar
    Thanks

...that AI will attempt to take over Earth humanity, but we will awaken in time to transcend such pernicious plots and connect instead to Source and our intended natural evolution, while also mastering AI and technology in a way that will free us rather than enslave us.
    ...that is, if we still have the capability to connect to source -- another thread of mine concerning a possible "Technology of Spirit" that will be imposed on humanity using future tech, induced in utero, and entrained to the global pseudo-religion cloud, might preempt any true connection to spirit. Instead, a programmed, false perception of spirit, of intuition, of mystical states will be coordinated from a central earth-bound AI source.

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...Is-it-Possible

18. The Following User Says Thank You to boolacalaca For This Post:

onawah (2nd February 2017)

19. Link to Post #30
    Ecuador Avalon Member boolacalaca's Avatar
    Thanks

It is pretty much universally agreed that drugs and alcohol make us weaker and more vulnerable to attacks and possession, as well as other kinds of destructive behavior.
    I agree that many chemical substances people take including alcohol have negative effects on people, but I do not group all substances into the negative category although I do agree that negative people can get a hold of positive substances and handle them improperly or have only an intention of power or greed in handling them.

I do not believe that all substances on the DEA's Schedule I of "dangerous drugs" should be treated alike.
    I have participated in many traditional South American plant spirit ceremonies -- Ayahuasca, San Pedro, Kambo -- and have found in myself and seen in others immense healing and self discovery. I know of people who have been relieved of childhood traumas and PTSD in wartime situations from these ceremonies.

I do not believe that we or the power of love and the good forces in creation are so weak that we need constantly to have irrational fears of having evil things attach to us. In fact, it's more likely that energy, thought, intention is power and the more thought and fear we direct to the topic of evil, the more power we are giving it. That is exactly what "they" want us to do. If they feed on our fear -- then starve them.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to boolacalaca For This Post:

Bruno (2nd February 2017), onawah (2nd February 2017)

21. Link to Post #31
    Language
    English
    Thanks

When taken in the proper spirit, I don't think of such substances as "drugs" at all.
    Quote Posted by boolacalaca (here)
    I agree that many chemical substances people take including alcohol have negative effects on people, but I do not group all substances into the negative category although I do agree that negative people can get a hold of positive substances and handle them improperly or have only an intention of power or greed in handling them.

I do not believe that all substances on the DEA's Schedule I of "dangerous drugs" should be treated alike.
    I have participated in many traditional South American plant spirit ceremonies -- Ayahuasca, San Pedro, Kambo -- and have found in myself and seen in others immense healing and self discovery. I know of people who have been relieved of childhood traumas and PTSD in wartime situations from these ceremonies.

I do not believe that we or the power of love and the good forces in creation are so weak that we need constantly to have irrational fears of having evil things attach to us. In fact, it's more likely that energy, thought, intention is power and the more thought and fear we direct to the topic of evil, the more power we are giving it. That is exactly what "they" want us to do. If they feed on our fear -- then starve them.
    Each breath a gift...

22. The Following User Says Thank You to onawah For This Post:

23. Link to Post #32
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Each breath a gift...

24. The Following User Says Thank You to onawah For This Post:

25. Link to Post #33
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,119 times in 3,951 posts

Autonomous systems expert Raffaello D'Andrea develops flying machines.
    Quote When you hear the word "drone," you probably think of something either very useful or very scary. But could they have aesthetic value? Autonomous systems expert Raffaello D'Andrea develops flying machines, and his latest projects are pushing the boundaries of autonomous flight — from a flying wing that can hover and recover from disturbance to an eight-propeller craft that's ambivalent to orientation ... to a swarm of tiny coordinated micro-quadcopters. Prepare to be dazzled by a dreamy, swirling array of flying machines as they dance like fireflies above the TED stage.
    He demonstrates what he calls a 'Tail Sitter'
    (I mention that one because one of the last UFO's I witnessed was doing just that.
    It was a Flying wing craft with it's leading flight edge reversed IE flat straight edge leading, and it's very slightly angled edge at the rear.
    That UFO was actually following behind and slightly under a commercial aircraft going over my home on it's way the Heathrow airport.
    It stopped flowing and turned on the flat (No banking) pivoting on it's port wing tip and wen't back off towards London o.O)

Anyways an impressive and thought provoking TED talk.

Most crowd pleasing demo was at the end of the vid
    'swarm of tiny coordinated micro-quadcopters'

Added: about 3 years ago while walking the dog, I watched from afar a guy, flying/testing a very, very small 'in your palm' micro drone, he was fling it up to height, then it would flyaway from him and come down to the ground uncontrolled.
    It could well have been Mr Raffaello D'Andrea, it did look like him from a distance .

I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

26. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

Art (24th October 2018), Did You See Them (23rd October 2018), Hervé (23rd October 2018), Ivanhoe (23rd October 2018), jc71 (23rd October 2018), Mercedes (23rd October 2018), Rawhide68 (23rd October 2018), toppy (24th October 2018), william r sanford72 (23rd October 2018)

27. Link to Post #34
    Thanks

Hi Sunny, I don't know what is wrong with me but all I wanted to do when I saw the swarm of little drones was to have a big fly swater and smack'em down.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mercedes For This Post:

Franny (23rd October 2018), meeradas (24th October 2018)

29. Link to Post #35
    England Avalon Member Did You See Them's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,876 times in 1,034 posts

I had great fun in the summer with grand kids ( 5 and 8 ) with a small cheap (£30) toy drone.

I kept it hovering whilst hey shot at it with suction cupped toy bow and arrows !
    Great Fun for all !

30. Link to Post #36
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,000 times in 370 posts

The dark side, slaughterbots

Am I one of many or am I many of one ? interesting .

31. The Following User Says Thank You to scanner For This Post:

Art (24th October 2018)

32. Link to Post #37
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,466 times in 762 posts

This is scary stuff : 3 minutes

Pay attention to the size of these drones, they are lethal.

https://www.facebook.com/mobinmaster...4004492338830/

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ramus For This Post:

Mercedes (6th November 2018), petra (6th November 2018), william r sanford72 (6th November 2018)

34. Link to Post #38
    Thanks

Wow!! Scary right! Why are the people in the video so excited of the capabilities of the drone? Staged probably, still, we seem to get so excited with anything that is technologically advanced , even if its use will end up being used against us?

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Mercedes For This Post:

petra (6th November 2018)

36. Link to Post #39
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,466 times in 762 posts

I would think that the profit motive is key, there is another part of it, military kill the bad guys. In the video he said we could kill a half a city, the bad half with no risk to our own.

Where would find a half a city of bad guys? That would only cost 25 million dollars. Characterize him .. age.. sex .. fitness .. uniform..ethnicity.. A.I. will do the rest. Data is the key ... social media data .. Ironic he's talking on Facebook. So wake up: Google, Facebook, twitter .. your giving them the data to your on demise. Oh, you thought (Facebook, Google ) this was for social contacts and communication.
    Last edited by ramus; 6th November 2018 at 20:09.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to ramus For This Post:

petra (6th November 2018)

38. Link to Post #40
    Language
    Mancunian
    Thanks

when does it air?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast