+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Injured horse saved from being put to sleep after honey treatment!

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks

Red face Injured horse saved from being put to sleep after honey treatment!

Life is sweet for a horse named Miracle who was close to being put to sleep after suffering a gash on her leg - when she was nursed back to health with HONEY.

https://youtu.be/aRQxLcPrLes
    We all fall like snow, to melt and evaporate...

2. The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to Yuki For This Post:

BMJ (2nd February 2017), Bruno (2nd February 2017), Desire (2nd February 2017), Ewan (1st February 2017), genevieve (2nd February 2017), Gillian (1st February 2017), Helene West (1st February 2017), jjjones (2nd February 2017), JRS (1st February 2017), justntime2learn (1st February 2017), kirolak (2nd February 2017), latina (2nd February 2017), lisalu (1st February 2017), Mercedes (1st February 2017), Noelle (1st February 2017), Ol' Roy (3rd February 2017), penn (2nd February 2017), RunningDeer (1st February 2017), seko (2nd February 2017), silverfish (2nd February 2017), toppy (1st February 2017), Valerie Villars (15th July 2019), william r sanford72 (2nd February 2017), wnlight (1st February 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Another relative story

http://www.apple-cider-vinegar-benef...-my-horse.html

Quote My horse was severely injured by a vet 'forced a worming hose' that broke the sinus wall. She reacted by rearing back, and blood shot from horse's nose. She stopped eating for weeks. Very bad odor from the bad blood within. Her heart rate went to highest possible rhythm.

Blood test proved she was dying from within --due to injury!
    I was loosing my horse and vet was at a loss as to how to help her.

I decided on the health tonic ACV and honey, and added the healer DMSO that frightens people, and is regarded as unsafe in some instances, especially if taken orally.

I had nothing to loose! My horse swayed from weakness when I finally took her down barn aisle. Put her away knowing she would have collapsed! She had lost weight very fast.

Within 2 weeks after starting the dosage above, she started to eat small doses of shredded apples, and warm oatmeal. She fully recovered!

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Yuki For This Post:

BMJ (2nd February 2017), jjjones (2nd February 2017), kirolak (2nd February 2017), Ol' Roy (3rd February 2017), seko (2nd February 2017), william r sanford72 (2nd February 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,332 times in 1,632 posts

Default Re: Injured horse saved from being put to sleep after honey treatment!

There is a balm and spray called Corigem, made from bee propolis. I bought the balm on Amazon for my cats and dog to treat things like wounds, yeast infections/ring worm, hot spots, etc., but it's also for horses. I just purchased it two weeks ago (after seeing many good reviews), so I can't say yet how effective or ineffective it is.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

conk (2nd February 2017), jjjones (2nd February 2017), kirolak (2nd February 2017), RunningDeer (2nd February 2017), william r sanford72 (2nd February 2017), Yuki (2nd February 2017)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Quote Posted by LadyM (here)
    There is a balm and spray called Corigem, made from bee propolis. I bought the balm on Amazon for my cats and dog to treat things like wounds, yeast infections/ring worm, hot spots, etc., but it's also for horses. I just purchased it two weeks ago (after seeing many good reviews), so I can't say yet how effective or ineffective it is.
    yes we use propolis with our animals as well! it is great at treating wounds, getting rid of infections!
    of course, works just as great on humans... this is just a curious find, as it makes one wonder, how many animals could have been saved using natural alternatives, such as honey!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Yuki For This Post:

kirolak (2nd February 2017), Noelle (2nd February 2017), william r sanford72 (2nd February 2017)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

What type of honey did you use? manuka?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to penn For This Post:

Yuki (2nd February 2017)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

https://www.easterisland.travel/blog/tag/honey/
    Quote Recent studies found that Easter Island bees are free from mites, viruses and bacteria that are present in the rest of the planet. Isolation kept them untouched for over 150 years. As a result they could be considered as a unique species. Bees were brought in Easter Island by priests around 1850 and since then they have been pollinating mangoes, pineapples, bananas, guavas and meadow flowers.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yuki For This Post:

Noelle (2nd February 2017), william r sanford72 (2nd February 2017)

13. Link to Post #7
    Malaysia Avalon Member
    Thanks

How to avoid..... ants? I guess you just wrap it tight?

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Horong For This Post:

Noelle (2nd February 2017), william r sanford72 (2nd February 2017), Yuki (2nd February 2017)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,292 times in 744 posts

I wish "scientists" would find a way to replicate the healing power of honey, so that we did not have to steal it from the already-beleaguered bees. . . .

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kirolak For This Post:

Noelle (2nd February 2017), william r sanford72 (2nd February 2017), Yuki (2nd February 2017)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Quote Posted by kirolak (here)
    I wish "scientists" would find a way to replicate the healing power of honey, so that we did not have to steal it from the already-beleaguered bees. . . .
    Yes, I agree... We really do take without consideration!

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Yuki For This Post:

kirolak (3rd February 2017), Noelle (2nd February 2017), william r sanford72 (2nd February 2017)

19. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

This reminds me of what soldiers battling the "guerrillas" in my country mountains use when they have open wounds and the closest doctor or nurse is kilometers away. The have in their backpacks something called "panela" or "piloncillo" in another countries. It's basically made pouring sugar cane molasses in molds and let them to to air dry, to create this brick shape sweet substance we cook some desserts with. We use it on pets there when we can't afford a vet. We use honey too but is expensive while "panela" is very cheap.
    For wounds any honey would do it!
    Last edited by latina; 2nd February 2017 at 15:04.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to latina For This Post:

kirolak (3rd February 2017), Noelle (2nd February 2017), william r sanford72 (2nd February 2017), Yuki (2nd February 2017)

21. Link to Post #11
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,819 times in 790 posts

In at least one of the University Hospitals in the Chicago area they are using Medihoney Gel, by Derma Sciences (contains 80% active Leplospoermum Honey) for Burns and wounds in the ICU. It works well!

22. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Quote Posted by latina (here)
    This reminds me of what soldiers battling the "guerrillas" in my country mountains use when they have open wounds and the closest doctor or nurse is kilometers away. The have in their backpacks something called "panela" or "piloncillo" in another countries. It's basically made pouring sugar cane molasses in molds and let them to to air dry , to create this brick shape sweet substance we cook some desserts with. Years ago a relative was in hospital bed recovering from an appendicitis surgery and the wound was getting infected from within and getting ugly. He was very young he did not want to stay in the hospital any longer so we brought him some shredded panela and putting it on the wound while we were visiting and no nurses around. The healing was so fast! no antiobiotics or anything! We use it on pets there when we can't afford a vet. Nature is awesome!! We bought the idea of modern medicine as the only answer for us and it's not.
    This is so interesting, and it makes sense, too. It is funny to call these methods "alternative," because not long ago, this was the only way! And look, humanity survived... I'd say there is more disease now that there is an industrial age!

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Yuki For This Post:

kirolak (3rd February 2017), Noelle (2nd February 2017), william r sanford72 (2nd February 2017)

24. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,146 times in 2,998 posts

manuka honey is a miracle food. the list of benefits is long. It's kind of expensive, but well worth adding to your health pantry.

I've often thought that us humans might be better served, health wise, by seeking remedy from veterinarians. Farmers especially need to keep their animals healthy for profit. They can't risk treating the animals using the same protocols humans obtain from their conventional physicians. They know it doesn't work, as it fails humans already. Trust Mother Nature.
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

kirolak (3rd February 2017), Yuki (2nd February 2017)

+ Reply to Thread