+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 5 LastLast

Thread: The new extremists: US Liberals

1. Link to Post #21
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,600 times in 5,379 posts

Default Re: The new extremists: US Liberals

I like your arguments, T, but then I often do. You are very good at analytic and critical thinking.

I like to stick to generalities, the big picture.

I like to remember that the Republicans are a business, a company, just like the Democrats are. The "party" part is for the ignoramus who will say to themselves, "Party? Ya, let's party!" Neither "party" is thrown for you, me or us. Those parties are for members only. And you and me and us are not members. Each party has owners, and it is these few players that profit from the win of their party, not you, me, or us. So to me it is laughable to be affiliated with one of these two "Parties".

We are not corporations, we are incorporated beings! Do not mistake one for the other.

I hate to quote the bible , but..., until the lion lies down with the lamb, there shall not be peace.

The problem is not "out there". The problem is very truly "in here", inside the hearts of each of us. We have all been hurt, every one of us. We each crave justice. It is the blame part that we have confused. Point a sword at your neighbor and it will first pierce yourself. You are to blame, and only you can change that. No one likes to hear that, but...

That is what it always boils down to.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Bruno (2nd February 2017), eaglespirit (2nd February 2017), Ewan (3rd February 2017), Slant84 (4th February 2017), TargeT (2nd February 2017)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,179 times in 2,653 posts

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    I like your arguments, T, but then I often do. You are very good at analytic and critical thinking.

I like to stick to generalities, the big picture.

I like to remember that the Republicans are a business, a company, just like the Democrats are. The "party" part is for the ignoramus who will say to themselves, "Party? Ya, let's party!" Neither "party" is thrown for you, me or us. Those parties are for members only. And you and me and us are not members. Each party has owners, and it is these few players that profit from the win of their party, not you, me, or us. So to me it is laughable to be affiliated with one of these two "Parties".

We are not corporations, we are incorporated beings! Do not mistake one for the other.

I hate to quote the bible , but..., until the lion lies down with the lamb, there shall not be peace.

The problem is not "out there". The problem is very truly "in here", inside the hearts of each of us. We have all been hurt, every one of us. We each crave justice. It is the blame part that we have confused. Point a sword at your neighbor and it will first pierce yourself. You are to blame, and only you can change that. No one likes to hear that, but...

That is what it always boils down to.
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1131661

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eaglespirit For This Post:

Bruno (2nd February 2017), Ernie Nemeth (3rd February 2017), Slant84 (4th February 2017)

5. Link to Post #23
    United States Avalon Member abmqa's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    Quote Posted by Bruno (here)
    TargeT I like your roundpounding comparison. It really did give me pause. Perhaps I need some toughing up. I just have a hard time with people who I feel enjoy antagonizing a group or groups and then standing back and watching the chaos created with delight.
    I think this is all done on purpose, or if it's not... it sure as hell seems like it is.

Here's the basic formula (as I see it) for how these types of events go (only applies to very recent times.. this is a new model as far as i can tell):

THE LEFT:
    Introduce into the echo chambers information via "trusted" channels that is MOSTLY true (or partly true) and sensational; but EASILY dis-proven.

Tie that introduced "dialect" to emotion some how (refer to the "regressive agenda" to see what most of what the media puts out is based on / uses as emotional leverage).

THE RIGHT:
    Cherry pick the above "Dialect" and focus on the points that are demonstrably false.

Ignore all other points and cycle back to the above; see yourself as (finally) superior to the snooty liberals.

It's ingenious really, for very litle effort we tear each other apart and further separate... I've heard of families that didn't have holiday gatherings last month due to this political mess!

Perhaps I fell for his bait once too many time. I could go off here about Gamergate but I won't bore everyone because the whole issue seems laughable given the current state of affairs.
    I'm a "gamer" (or perhaps, wannna-be gamer, not much time anymore) and I thought that whole thing had a few valid points, but the hysteria ruined what could have been a useful discussion (IMO).

But yea, that kind of seems like a matter that could be dealt with "later" in with current events in mind.

I understand your distaste for antagonists, I share that especially when it's done in a bullying / intimidating manner.

I honestly do not feel that is the case with Milo, at least not until provoked (he's a public speaker, why do people think they can verbally spar with a public speaker? haha) His ideas are very counter-culture and brash, but my god the logic and rationality is outstanding (probably could tone down the dick references too, but freedom of speech and all that...).
    May be a bit off topic. However, your post caused me to assess my political leanings. Am I conservative, liberal, or libertarian.

I suspected, like most people, I was a little bit of each. I took this quiz and the results are that I am Libertarian with a 46% Liberal and 34% Conservative bias....

Are you conservative, liberal, or libertarian?
    Your Result: Libertarian

80%

result You are a Libertarian. You often are not sure which of the two major parties to vote for. This is because you are socially liberal but economically conservative. You believe in small government, low taxes, and the right to bear arms. You also believe that the government should not legislate homosexuality, marriage, abortion, drugs, or immigration. Many libertarians mis-catagorize themselves as centrists. In our two party system you will often have to weigh what is more important; social or economic policy.

46%
    Liberal

34%
    Conservative

Pretty interesting result and does reflect my feelings

Go here to complete your quiz if interested

http://www.gotoquiz.com/are_you_cons...or_libertarian

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to abmqa For This Post:

Bruno (2nd February 2017), Ernie Nemeth (3rd February 2017), Ewan (3rd February 2017), Slant84 (4th February 2017), TargeT (2nd February 2017)

7. Link to Post #24
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

These quizzes take different political perspectives themselves. Things are always shifting in the world of politics. Or maybe "squirming" is a better word for it.

There is another thread showing that Bill Clinton was saying all the same stuff about illegal immigration across the Mexican border back in the 1990's. Now the Democrats call Trump a racist and fascist for saying the exact same things about 20 years later. That alone illustrates the massive shift taking place just in 20 years.

Bush II, Obama, and now Trump, have all had major impacts on the two-party system. Bush brought in the "neo-conservatives" that trashed many traditional Republican values. Obama has radicalized the left, pushing it way into Marxist ideology. Trump is carving out an entirely new party for all intents and purposes and he will be including values formerly championed by the Democrats (such as labor) as part of that.

8. Link to Post #25
    Thanks
    Thanked 79,637 times in 18,693 posts

Media missing context in Berkeley protests coverage

Published on 2 Feb 2017

Bias Bash: Justin Duckham on how the media might be missing the mark
    by comparing the U.C. Berkeley protests to the Women's March on Washington

===================================================
    ===================================================

Published on 2 Feb 2017
    Fox News contributor sounds off on riots over Breitbart speaker
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 2nd February 2017 at 21:36.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

avid (3rd February 2017), Helene West (2nd February 2017), NancyV (3rd February 2017), Slant84 (4th February 2017), TargeT (2nd February 2017)

10. Link to Post #26
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,370 times in 1,011 posts

wow! I don't know what to say except they are continuing to divide us. Why would Berkley have, Yiannopoulos, such a controversial man come and speak at this tense time is beyond me?! Who is stirring this political pot?!
    Only the left should be able to speak and show presence or it will be "stirring the pot". And, gay Milo is racist!
    OK, Got it....

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Helene West For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (2nd February 2017), avid (3rd February 2017), boolacalaca (3rd February 2017), NancyV (3rd February 2017)

12. Link to Post #27
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,370 times in 1,011 posts

This is just another of my mental meanderings but in looking at the young in these riots, the paid saboteurs notwithstanding, I've wondered if many are a new cultural phenomena of a generation raised in daycare centers. Feminist moms, single moms, household husbands or no dads at all, children of serial divorces where all they do is 'visit' parents and that after being raised in their most vulnerable years by people who don't love them....producing a meaner more malicious generation.....
    just a thought

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Helene West For This Post:

avid (3rd February 2017), Ivanhoe (3rd February 2017), NancyV (3rd February 2017), Slant84 (4th February 2017), TargeT (2nd February 2017)

14. Link to Post #28
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,659 times in 8,694 posts

Quote Posted by A Voice from the Mountains (here)
    Bush II, Obama, and now Trump, have all had major impacts on the two-party system. Bush brought in the "neo-conservatives" that trashed many traditional Republican values. Obama has radicalized the left, pushing it way into Marxist ideology. Trump is carving out an entirely new party for all intents and purposes and he will be including values formerly championed by the Democrats (such as labor) as part of that.
    Meh, those are all Johnny-come-lately's. This goes at least back to Rumsfeld in the 70's, which morphed into PNAC in the 90's and was nicknamed "neocons" till now. It might be easier to name presidents, because they were more publicly known, but they were just the front men.. maybe mid/high level management at best (in bush SR case only though..).

And I can run you back even further on who "old rummy" was influenced by too..

Don't let these wolfs stay in the shadow, they are who the real players are, the scum that has circled the drain in Washington for at least the last 50 years, with influences before that as well...

but, that's a topic for a whole other thread

I'm sure there's similar on the left, but (if it's not obvious) I lean right due to my upbringing and against my better efforts & don't know much about the left's political machinations.

So I too, have been deeply effected by this divide, as it's blocked out a large section of knowledge from me due to my own preferences (which to this day, are difficult to shake).
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (2nd February 2017), avid (3rd February 2017), Helene West (2nd February 2017), NancyV (3rd February 2017), Slant84 (4th February 2017), turiya (3rd February 2017)

16. Link to Post #29
    Thanks

Freedom of speech guarantees Milo a right to speak at a public venue.

Committing violence is not a right. The radical leftists responsible for the destruction belong in jail. You do not have a constitutional right to violent rioting.

17. Link to Post #30
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,120 times in 2,678 posts

Quote Posted by Slant84 (here)
    There are definitely some fanatics on both side of the coin. For every leftist radical demonstration of ideology, there can be instances of fanatics on the right/conservative side of the coin as well including abortion clinic bombings, fascist demonstrators such as the KKK etc. I never understood this need by so many to "stick with the party line". There has to be common sense in the middle when one steps back and considers all the facts. That's why I don't label myself anything but a moral, spiritual being that tries to have a good code of ethics to live by and hopefully inspire others to do the same.
    This is a good point. Most people are arrayed around the middle somewhere. Take abortion, as a good example. Neither the radical left or right seem to be able to differentiate a zygote from a viable fetus.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Bruno (3rd February 2017), Slant84 (4th February 2017)

19. Link to Post #31
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,120 times in 2,678 posts

Quote Posted by Helene West (here)
    This is just another of my mental meanderings but in looking at the young in these riots, the paid saboteurs notwithstanding, I've wondered if many are a new cultural phenomena of a generation raised in daycare centers. Feminist moms, single moms, household husbands or no dads at all, children of serial divorces where all they do is 'visit' parents and that after being raised in their most vulnerable years by people who don't love them....producing a meaner more malicious generation.....
    just a thought
    They are children of privilege, for the most part. Snowflakes. They are precious histrionic beings who wandered out of a my little pony animation. As a liberal, I am astonished by this bunch. They are nothing like ANY liberals I know.

I watched this last night on TV and broke out laughing. It is like absurdist theater. They'll be trading their safe spaces for prison cell spaces soon. Sorry kids, no crayons!

20. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (2nd February 2017), avid (3rd February 2017), boolacalaca (3rd February 2017), Bruno (3rd February 2017), Chester (3rd February 2017), DebJoy (3rd February 2017), Deborah (ahamkara) (3rd February 2017), Pam (3rd February 2017), skyflower (5th February 2017), Slant84 (4th February 2017), TargeT (3rd February 2017)

21. Link to Post #32
    Thanks

For all the talk about the freaking KKK, I live in the heart of what is supposed to be "KKK territory" and the only alleged KKK meeting I have ever saw was 20 years ago when maybe 30 rednecks in trucks and flying the Confederate flag met to have a barbecue outside of a small town, I guess to eat and tell racist jokes. That's all I have even ever heard about them. The idea of the KKK still being alive and well is itself a joke. People should research what the KKK used to be and what they did, and compare that to today, instead of buying into all this MSM baiting as if this is really some big presence on the American political stage.

They used to kill people, burn down houses and intimidate the hell out of entire populations of people. If anybody tried anything like that today all the major MSM news networks would be there in person shoving cameras in peoples faces and screaming bloody murder so they could replay it 24 hours a day for weeks at a time. They couldn't even do the A&E series on it because A&E got busted having to pay people to do these KKK scenes. That's the best they could find.

Compare that to the hordes of violent nutballs tearing down cities and beating people to a pulp that you see every week.

22. Link to Post #33
    Ecuador Avalon Member boolacalaca's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Cidersomerset (here)
    When Will President Donald Trump Take Out George Soros?
    There's only one problem with anyone taking out George Soros -- his son is already taking his place.

"Alex Soros comes out of the shadows. Son of George Soros is busy putting politicians in his pocket. George Soros's son promises to carry on his father's legacy of global corruption, regime change, and conflict creation."

http://theduran.com/alex-soros-comes...in-his-pocket/

23. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to boolacalaca For This Post:

avid (3rd February 2017), Bruno (3rd February 2017), DebJoy (3rd February 2017), NancyV (3rd February 2017), skyflower (5th February 2017), Slant84 (4th February 2017), TargeT (3rd February 2017)

24. Link to Post #34
    Ecuador Avalon Member boolacalaca's Avatar
    Thanks

No arrests were made at the Yiannopoulos riot at UC Berkeley.

"Coverage of the rioting spread across the world last night as students
    smashed ATMs and bank windows,
    looted a Starbucks,
    beat Trump supporters,
    pepper sprayed innocent individuals,
    and set fires in the street.
    Others spray painted the words “Kill Trump” on storefronts.
    "

Cal Poly President Jeffrey D. Armstrong issued a statement Wednesday saying he was proud of the way the campus community responded.
    In part, he said --- "I am proud of our campus community for engaging in these events in a relatively peaceful and respectful manner. I am especially proud of those who participated in the Unite Cal Poly event and those who chose to ignore Mr. Yiannopoulos' speech and divisive language. We demonstrated well how differing thoughts and ideas can be expressed, considered and even opposed in a healthy and constructive manner. I would also like to thank Cal Poly's Office of University Diversity and Inclusion, Student Affairs and our University Police Department, among many others, who helped ensure the safety and wellbeing of our campus community."

It is obvious that campus administration is in solidarity with the rioters.

UC Berkeley last year received $370 million in tax-payer funding from the federal government.

Why?

If behaviors such as rioting, beating up people, destruction of property, etc. are condoned because they are done to prevent hate speech, then we need to know which groups can define hate speech. Only liberal or progressive ones?
    What about the NRA or the Angel Moms?

If the label "hate speech" now regulates freedom of speech,
    then we need a national register of sanctioned groups that can define it.
    We also need specific policies on how a group gets sanctioned to be on the list.
    Is there a philosophic, political, or social litmus test such a group much pass?
    Who or what defines these philosophy, politics, or social parameters?

“If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” ― George Orwell

Click image for larger version

Name:	UCB.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	128.3 KB
ID:	34921
    Last edited by boolacalaca; 9th February 2017 at 22:06. Reason: correction

25. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to boolacalaca For This Post:

avid (3rd February 2017), Bruno (3rd February 2017), DebJoy (3rd February 2017), Deborah (ahamkara) (3rd February 2017), Ewan (3rd February 2017), Ivanhoe (3rd February 2017), NancyV (3rd February 2017), Pam (3rd February 2017), skyflower (5th February 2017), Slant84 (4th February 2017), TargeT (3rd February 2017)

26. Link to Post #35
    Canada Avalon Member Fellow Aspirant's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,595 times in 1,002 posts

Re your question,
    "Have Liberals gone insane?

When I think of UC Berkeley I think of Birkenstock's, hippies, skinny jeans and useless degrees. Not riots, fire bombs, assaults and vandalism..

But I guess riots = protests now? And freedom of speech only counts if the person is saying what you agree with?"

My response would be, "No, but hothead teenage provocateurs are capable of doing damage". These "rioters" were not liberals - they were immature, angry youngsters who seized an opportunity to make trouble for a guy who is famous for trolling liberals, though.

He should have been allowed to speak, of course. But he was offering himself up as a target for this kind of behaviour - so that he could say "I told you so" to his followers and other prospective recruits.

Good try, Berkeley, but your naivete is showing. You should have seen this coming.

B.
    A human being is a part of the whole, called by us "Universe," a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separate from the rest—a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.

Albert E.

27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fellow Aspirant For This Post:

avid (3rd February 2017), Bruno (3rd February 2017), Pam (3rd February 2017), skyflower (5th February 2017), Slant84 (4th February 2017), TargeT (3rd February 2017)

28. Link to Post #36
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,535 times in 32,788 posts

Here's a very nice 20 second Infowars clip, from about 10 days ago, about the difference between a PROTEST and a RIOT.

Recommended.

29. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

7alon (3rd February 2017), avid (3rd February 2017), Bob (3rd February 2017), boolacalaca (3rd February 2017), Bruno (3rd February 2017), David Trd1 (4th February 2017), Deborah (ahamkara) (3rd February 2017), Ernie Nemeth (3rd February 2017), Fellow Aspirant (3rd February 2017), GaelVictor (3rd February 2017), Ivanhoe (3rd February 2017), Omni (3rd February 2017), skyflower (5th February 2017), Slant84 (4th February 2017), TargeT (3rd February 2017)

30. Link to Post #37
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,316 times in 10,234 posts

They appear to have the requisite heart.

It's too bad they are so deeply misinformed.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

31. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

Bruno (3rd February 2017), PurpleLama (3rd February 2017), skyflower (5th February 2017), Slant84 (4th February 2017), TargeT (3rd February 2017)

32. Link to Post #38
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,275 times in 1,435 posts

I think the term is "social engineering".

33. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tyy1907 For This Post:

boolacalaca (3rd February 2017), Bruno (3rd February 2017), JRS (3rd February 2017), PurpleLama (3rd February 2017), skyflower (5th February 2017), TargeT (3rd February 2017)

34. Link to Post #39
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,293 times in 6,140 posts

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    Have Liberals gone insane?

When I think of UC Berkeley I think of Birkenstock's, hippies, skinny jeans and useless degrees. Not riots, fire bombs, assaults and vandalism..

But I guess riots = protests now? And freedom of speech only counts if the person is saying what you agree with?

[..]
    TargeT and the group...

My feeling is a certain type of program activation is happening.

My feeling is CIA back in the 50's, 60's, and later have been involved in programming society.. Herve' has pointed this out, although not as clear as I would like to have seen pointed out..

My feeling is Cambridge Analytica (and other data-miners) are attempting to determine WHICH programs have been activated in certain groups... The programs allow for specific dramatizing, acting out.. It is "push button remote control" or the testing of completely robotic minds, as Herve' pointed out a controlled society, to be manipulated to function "on command"...

My guess is, they don't know how efficient, or how accurate their programs are, if they need to "tune them" more accurately..

We have seen Disney for instance, has been one of the major programmers, creating "impossible" realities in people, where psychosis is the only logical end result.. Using such programming to control whole societies is what I believe is the current dynamic.. Controlling whole countries.. that I am curious about how far the reach is, and how the programming has been modified for other cultures...

In the US my belief is they want to determine how accurate their "button" press is.. Push a button and watch the dynamics in the "literal insane".. (insanity in the classical sense, a total lack of understanding what is real and what is delusion...)...

35. Link to Post #40
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,794 times in 6,634 posts

They are terrorist , and do not support the constitution ...America is headed for civil war ...

Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

Bob (3rd February 2017), Bruno (3rd February 2017), Deborah (ahamkara) (3rd February 2017), Slant84 (4th February 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 5 LastLast