+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Am I the only one?

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,264 times in 1,414 posts

Default Re: Am I the only one?

Hi Roger, there is a lot of beneficial advice in this thread. You are definitely not alone in having odd experiences or for feeling like this is not your home. I had several odd childhood experiences, mostly seemingly negative. One was i regularly dreamed of spiders crawling over me, i'd awaken crying and have to be calmed down by my father. Another time sleeping over at a family friend's place i was in bed listening to the adults talk from another room and everything started to vibrate and the sounds of the voices altered, i think the sounds went to a higher pitch. As a young man i had a mental breakdown after practically destroying my intellect pursuing new age philosophy. During this time, and since, i have been plagued by inorganic mind parasites that scratch my astral body. I also felt objects being pushed into my head. I learned to control these experiences by plunging into the physical to shut out the astral.

More recently i have had symptoms of being abducted, having awoken in to a grey sucking fluid out of my knee. There are small triangular scars on my legs and needle holes on my genitals. This all happens while i'm asleep.

I have dealt with these experiences philosophically as per a dream where i complained i wasnt sure i could handle everything, which a man at a blackboard (ie teaching me) replied 'you are more than capable to handle this'. Castaneda's work emphasizes personal responsibility. A friend says all this is likely covered in your soul's life contract. I accept this as being the likely the fact.

I also have spiritual benefits. When i ask mentally for help from the Divine Mother, usually for others, my prayer is always answered, and quickly. I also regularly have positive syncronicities, such as always seem to have enough money when needed. When i cant resolve some problem, i ask for help and the answer always comes, occassionally i have to give it time, though.

Roger, you are likely here to help with the Earth's transition. You also likely benefit from your experience on Earth since it is considered an elite, tough love spiritual school. Your soul may be from another dimension. Michael Newton's 'journey of souls' and 'destiny of souls' books, both dowloadable for free, describe the soul experience, and in particular describe 'hybrid' souls which are from other worlds or other dimensions. These souls often feel out of place on Earth. No fear, it is all for a greater purpose. You dont even have to do anything special, just being here is probably doing a great deal of good.

Peace and Love
    Last edited by Justplain; 6th February 2017 at 18:51. Reason: typos, etc.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Justplain For This Post:

Anchor (7th February 2017), Chester (7th February 2017), Innocent Warrior (7th February 2017), RogerThingymebob (11th February 2017)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Avalon Member bettye198's Avatar
    Fairfield Glade, Tennessee in the Catoosa Mts
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,026 times in 571 posts

I have heard about the technology called VOG, Voice of God, whereby a real technical device can target even just one person in a crowd and do neural damage. It is used by the dark sect of this world. It can make a person do anything but not without them feeling a bit like what you felt. Anything electromagnetic could bring up this kind of vibrating and affecting the core Central Nervous system. They also have abilities to work left or right brain spheres.
    When you realize where you come from, you naturally become tolerant, disinterested, amused, kindhearted as a grandparent, dignified as a king. -- I Ching

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bettye198 For This Post:

Chester (7th February 2017), Jules (8th February 2017)

5. Link to Post #23
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Yes, I know about it first hand. They made my life hell for months and in turn I was hospitalized, diagnosed, and drugged against my will. They used CIA type interrogation tactics and are sure not to leave any forensic traces of what they are doing. See the targeted individuals area. Most of us are afraid to speak about it with most people because the second someone realizes it mimics schizophrenia they automatically assume we are schizophrenic and there is nothing you can say to most people at this point because they've already made up their mind. Cognitive dissonance is a strong force. Here is some food for thought.. http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-P...S=PN%2F6506148

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Adam73483 For This Post:

bettye198 (6th February 2017), Chester (7th February 2017), Innocent Warrior (7th February 2017), Jules (8th February 2017)

7. Link to Post #24
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Here is a more comprehensive list of patents: http://www.electronictelepathy.net/2...ience.html?m=1
    Proof the army was playing around with this technology: https://www.wired.com/2008/05/army-removes-pa/
    3. Talk to omnisense about it, he has spent a great deal of time organizing information and putting out YouTube videos that go a long way in explaining their capabilities. His YouTube channel is Omniverse. We have learned a lot just from process of elimination but there are still some question marks about who it is exactly that has their hands on these Satanic devices.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Adam73483 For This Post:

Chester (7th February 2017), eaglespirit (7th February 2017), Innocent Warrior (7th February 2017)

9. Link to Post #25
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,555 times in 3,482 posts

I have never understood paradigm wars. If someone has the need for anyone else to agree with their paradigm, that need suggests a personal crisis of doubt in their own experience.

Of all the experiences I’ve had, I’ve never known I had them because I believe I did, it's because I know I did. I’m not in the same mode during paranormal or extra dimensional or even dream experiences as I am in my normal waking state. If I’m fully conscious and I have a paranormal or extra dimensional experience, my senses are immediately enhanced. It’s a mode of knowing, not only is there no doubt that it’s happening but I can sense so much more about the experience than I can in my normal waking state. Some things I can sense clearly, of these things I have zero doubt. Some things I sense are not as clear, it’s kind of like trying to listen to what someone is saying from a distance, and so I leave it at that, I don’t know, I’m not sure, couldn’t sense it clearly.

One hasn’t experienced something because they believe they have unless they’re not sure they did, for whatever reason. If someone says they experienced something and they know they did because of that inherent sense of knowing, then they did, period. Now if that conflicts with someone else’s paradigm or their understanding of their own experiences, so what? Why would anyone argue about things that we, as humans, clearly have so little understanding about, that just seems so silly. Knowing is knowing, it’s beyond simple. Understanding is more difficult, it’s kinda the point of having these experiences isn’t it, to learn and develop greater understanding? It’s pointless to argue about understanding and it’s insulting to suggest an experiencer doesn’t know something when they state they do.
    Never give up on your silly, silly dreams.

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little BIGGER, darling.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

Adam73483 (7th February 2017), Chester (7th February 2017), eaglespirit (7th February 2017), Jules (8th February 2017), Justplain (7th February 2017), Mike (7th February 2017)

11. Link to Post #26
    United States Avalon Member Jules's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,002 times in 233 posts

RogerThingymeBob,

That is an interesting experience. When it comes to spiritual experiences, it seems like every experience is different for each person. I don't know exactly what you experienced, however I believe it might be angelic in nature, that is only my humble opinion. I believe God already knows how messed up the world is here. It doesn't appear to have hurt you, however your brain was affected by the experience, and you felt something being pushed into the back of your head it may have been implants. This world is very messed up, that is a fact. Very few doctors will examine implants, and I am sorry to say that a lot of doctors just want to make money on drugs that don't cure people, but make people dependent and make their money.

Some psychologists etc. might accept that God, an extraterrestrial or an angel spoke to you, then again some may put people away for that. If this is not affecting your life in a bad way, then I would not seek medical help for it. If it is negative, then I would research one of the best, yet very few doctors that understands implants and scan to see if anything is in your body that may be causing any issues. I wish you only the best, and I am grateful you are willing to share your experience.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jules For This Post:

eaglespirit (7th February 2017), RogerThingymebob (11th February 2017)

13. Link to Post #27
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,206 times in 5,691 posts

Quote Posted by Adam73483 (here)
    Yes, I know about it first hand. They made my life hell for months and in turn I was hospitalized, diagnosed, and drugged against my will. They used CIA type interrogation tactics and are sure not to leave any forensic traces of what they are doing. See the targeted individuals area. Most of us are afraid to speak about it with most people because the second someone realizes it mimics schizophrenia they automatically assume we are schizophrenic and there is nothing you can say to most people at this point because they've already made up their mind. Cognitive dissonance is a strong force. Here is some food for thought.. http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-P...S=PN%2F6506148
    I have had this experience (and more than once). I also have not formed any definitive conclusion as to what was actually behind these experiences. I do have to accept the fact that each time this happened, behaviors I had been involved with prior to the experience may have played a roll. This behavior was that I used a great deal of high quality marijuana over a lengthy period of time (from several months to even a year or more and without taking any break). I also have had to consider that schizophrenia and/or bi-polar disorder has run through my family line.

Based on the above, I had considered that a combination of genetic proclivity and introduction of a psychoactive set of chemicals, over time, generated the state of paranoia I always reached prior to the experience of each of my "voice" experiences.

Still... what all the above doesn't "seem" to explain is the massive amount of synchronicity experiences which reflected (both in a precedent as well as post 'voice' occurrences and even a few real time, uncanny reality reflections).

What also is unexplained is my last 5 years where I have not touched any substances, including alcohol and including any pharmaceutical influence and yet have experienced by far the most mind blowing synchronicities that often accompanied the consciousness stream I was focused on at the time of the synchronicity event...

This left me considering how the statement "you create your reality" may have some truth to it, but may also have a truth to it that I have yet to find one single other person to ever vocalize that they have also considered this theory which is - (be warned of the complexity of the following sentence)

Yes, the individuated being that manifests in a form where (in general) they base their primary perception of "what" they are... a being anchored in the 3D, material realm shared reality... this type of being does indeed directly impact what comes forth into their conscious consciousness as well as what they may miss at this conscious conscious level (thus just below that focused, waking state "radar" which they then log as primary memories, directly accessible... even though the below the radar experiences are also in the memory but are not so readily accessible),... but when these experiences are then interpreted by this being in such a way that they are perceived to be "messages" from something outside of their individuated self (from God, from the Universe, from some evolved space alien, from an advanced intelligence agency program, etc. and possibly worse, when these messages are taken as "verifications" or even "signals 'you' (the individuated being) are correct in your own theory regarding the particular subject of a specific series of experiential events that hold a specific meaning (or set of meanings) for the individual from this combination of experiences and interpretations (including the reality 'telling you something') you may very well be creating all this because of the combination of your ability to do so and your deepest desire for self actualization.

Now the short version - we may be able to create our reality, even when what we interpret from the reality reflection is not something that is actually true or actually happened in the shared reality.

Now (of course) if one is open minded as to "multiple time lines" (I am open minded to everything) then perhaps something DID happen in one time line and not another. So this all can become overwhelming to even try and chase down.

But I must get back to my point. A point where I will vaguely reference an actual experience. I have had one particular massive, decades long synchronicity experience that if I fell into the trap of interpretation that "God" or "The Universe" or "am angel" or "some benevolent alien or alien group" or "white hats in a secret advanced tech program" or etc. etc. where trying to tell me my theory is correct, then I also see that I would also risk having to act on "the information" which might result in unnecessary fallout.

But what if I actually created all these synchronicities and that what so many folks would conclude was actually NOT TRUE!

Because this is a real possibility... and because I have analyzed the synchronicity phenomena as well as all my psychic experiences as well as my 'voice in the head' experiences and in each and every case I see that there is a common denominator I really hated to admit to but cannot deny that it is there and that common denominator is -

...my sense of self importance which opens the door to seeing glimpses of an underlying savior 'desire' (complex)... a tinge of megalomania... a tinge of justifying action I take where I may likely judge others I perceive to be similarly taking (hypocrisy) and some signs I experience cognitive dissonance.

Is it possible, some or all of the elements I listed in the preceding sentence may actually be the cause for the generation of experiences (both in my own head and reflected by the reality) which all and only are created from my desire to "be right" about something?

a strong desire for self actualization... perhaps this is the cause.
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

eaglespirit (7th February 2017), Innocent Warrior (7th February 2017), Sena (13th April 2017)

15. Link to Post #28
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,977 times in 5,003 posts

Quote Posted by Innocent Warrior (here)
    When you don’t have much of an idea about what you’re experiencing it’s wise to do as Araucaria has suggested and start with the physical first and work your way out from there, being grounded is important.
    The situation here gives us a local perspective on big picture issues I have often discussed at some length. We are right at the fork in the road where a choice has to be made. The message ‘All is one’ to a small child comes as a forewarning of things yet to come, which would have to include current issues such as homesickness. If all is one, then strictly speaking home is everywhere and we should feel at home wherever we are. However, we are told that the Creator got bored with oneness, and started playing around with duality and multiplicity by creating spacetime. We navigate the dichotomy of home and away, respectively the tameness of the humdrum and the spice of adventure, which I call tamespice and spicetame.

Home is a state of complete stillness and safety. The desire to leave home produces a process, a kind of dissatisfaction leading to travel and exploration, losing one’s bearings, all of which is supposed to be exciting and enriching, except if things get particularly difficult, homesickness. The best cure for homesickness is of course to find your way home, in order to recover, until you begin to feel restless again. Seen from here, some planet up in the sky may seem like home, but when you get there, you will likely discover it to be only a stage in a bigger journey.

What can you do when you get lost? If you remember the basic given that ‘All is one’ and the plurality therefore just a game or illusion, you look for the oneness in the plurality around you and take it from there; that is what we mean by being grounded. Home is still everywhere, so you know at worst you have landed in some unknown attic or cellar, which may be dark and cold, but is not entirely cut off. Home is a bigger place than you thought, which should be a great positive. But if you are feeling lonely, then a house will be too big and you might even confine yourself to just one room.

What can happen when you think you are completely stuck? This implies that either you have forgotten the above, maybe through encountering some entity playing around with your perceptions in some fiendishly awkward way offering a challenge beyond your current pay grade. Some form of this is what seems to be playing out in stories we hear of visitors accidentally crashlanding on this planet and unable to get home. If you think you cannot get home, then you start to make yourself as comfortable as possible, taking everything you think you need and avoiding/eliminating everything you think might be harmful to you. Since everything is foreign to you, you will likely overreact in both cases, in the process making life very difficult if not impossible for any native species for which here really is home.

Overreactions: an old man today who experienced the concentration camps in the 1940s may still clutch his slice of bread as if someone were going to take it from him. Similarly, ‘annunaki’ types who ‘fell down’ to earth appeared as extraordinary beings, which they were, but turned themselves into gods, which they weren’t, and their successors, the elite of today, have commandeered for themselves all the riches of the planet and are eliminating anything and anyone remotely threatening to them, for all the world as if they were still suffering from PSTD from the original ‘fall’.

The problem then for Anchor’s ‘wanderers’ is that, arriving in a similar frame of mind, they will be caught up in this system which they will only help to perpetuate. They may (very probably) have come on a mission to achieve the exact opposite, namely help extricate the homesick to where they need to be, but to do that they really need to snap out of the homesick mindset. In other words, feeling stuck is not going to help get you unstuck. The only way to do that is find a different relationship with native species than the one that clearly has not been working all this time. Humankind has a potential only just being tapped into to understand this bigger picture and develop the tools to get the job done. The way forward for all is cooperation, which I am sure has been understood all along by some, whose long-term plans, working against loud opposition from their own people, are coming to fruition.

The message of cooperation works both ways. A tendency of humanity, as it awakens to this hitherto unsuspected situation, is towards recrimination and violent rejection, which reaction is itself causing extra trouble. The basic situation is that there are some who want to move out; they need our help. Others may want to stay; they need the others to move out, and so they need to help them. These others may also want to move out at some later date, when they are ready; they need this channel to be opened now and left open, otherwise it will be ‘déjà vu all over again’.

Wanderers are key players in this process – but so is everyone else: the more people pushing this van out of the mud (something I was literally doing only yesterday) the better – by definition the last one to join the effort before it succeeds will be ‘the straw that broke the camel’s back’. Wanderers don’t need to spend a lifetime working out that ‘All is one’: that is in their toolbox coming in. Presumably they also come with the technical skill to operate that tool; what they have to work out on the spot is how to apply that tool and adjust that technique to the current non-textbook situation.

Yesterday, we had various materials to help us with the van: pieces of wood, cardboard, gravel, a spade, and me to push the van. It took nothing less than all that and even then only worked when I managed my hardest push. This is the sort of supreme effort that we are looking for. Forget about good and evil: we all want to be a help, not a hindrance.
    See also this post.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

Bob (7th February 2017), Chester (7th February 2017), eaglespirit (7th February 2017), Innocent Warrior (7th February 2017), Marianne (8th February 2017), Stephanie (7th February 2017)

17. Link to Post #29
    Language
    English
    Thanks

One hasn’t experienced something because they believe they have unless they’re not sure they did, for whatever reason. If someone says they experienced something and they know they did because of that inherent sense of knowing, then they did, period.
    I agree completely.

And then... what often happens is that the individual begins to interpret the experience and sometimes then what happens is that they begin to imagine their experience (as they have interpreted it) implies a paradigm. It is in these last two steps I find so many folks deciding that what they have interpreted is "the truth" (universally for all) and that the paradigm they have concluded is suggested by the interpretation of their actual "real" experience is the "one and only correct paradigm" and if that paradigm is perceived by them or others to be impossible to exist in the same reality with other competing paradigms, that says something.

In other words, to get from a "real experience" to a conflict of paradigms seems to suggest there's a flaw in the process (and perhaps invalidates one's process with regards to determining what may be universally true).

Imagine if, from an imaginary POV outside of 'form' (something that is actually impossible yet is at the heart of some of the more profound 'eastern philosophies' and 'The Paradox."

Now if that conflicts with someone else’s paradigm or their understanding of their own experiences, so what? Why would anyone argue about things that we, as humans, clearly have so little understanding about, that just seems so silly.
    Agree, agree, agree... yet sadly, I have found this very dynamic to have existed in almost every forum like this one and which used to exist in PA to a far greater degree than it does now (thankfully though I still observe the occasional example even here in PA) but I also feel compelled to point this out for the few who might still be struggling to find "the true, actual, one and only paradigm of 'the Reality'" that they may be on a never ending journey because there may be none unless we consider THAT to be the very one... infinite paradigms, all quite real for the individual and in fact potentially created and/or co-created by individuals and temporary groups of individuals.

Knowing is knowing, it’s beyond simple.
    By this I assume you mean "knowing one had an experience? Perhaps even an 'anomalous' experience?

Understanding is more difficult, it’s kinda the point of having these experiences isn’t it, to learn and develop greater understanding?
    I agree... how boring would this strange form of reality experience be otherwise? Yet still, one's understanding would be based on their interpretation of their experiences along with their use of their imagination (which, once done, is also an experience). My feeling is that to say there would be a universally true interpretation and that that interpretation might suggest to the individual doing the interpretation that there is a universally true paradigm raises the question that - if so... what is that one "true, universally true for all, paradigm?" Could there be one? If so, is it possible a single being could actually grasp that better than all the rest? And if so, would that not suggest everyone else has it wrong or at least partially wrong?

Orrrr, could the nature of reality allow for infinite paradigms such that each is true for the individual that perceives it and/or experiences it while also experiencing a shared reality?

It’s pointless to argue about understanding and it’s insulting to suggest an experiencer doesn’t know something when they state they do.
    This last statement I agree with if the knowing is that one has had an experience... do you mean this to extend beyond that? If so, do you sense there may be a single, all true, all pervasive, universal paradigm (again other than the infinite paradigm possibility I suggested?)

What an incredible thing to explore... thanks Innocent Warrior... I am just wondering here and my questions are actually to all readers.

EDIT: added... Here is a post of mine from just two years ago. [Link fixed, Innocent Warrior, thanks].

I show this post as an example of "someone" (myself at that time) who was still searching for the one, true, correct paradigm.
    Last edited by Chester; 8th February 2017 at 02:35.
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

araucaria (7th February 2017), Bob (7th February 2017), eaglespirit (7th February 2017), Innocent Warrior (7th February 2017), Stephanie (7th February 2017)

19. Link to Post #30
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,180 times in 2,653 posts

Powerfully Empowering, Araucaria...Thanks : )

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eaglespirit For This Post:

araucaria (7th February 2017), RogerThingymebob (15th February 2017)

21. Link to Post #31
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Quote Posted by araucaria (here)
    Home is a state of complete stillness and safety. The desire to leave home produces a process, a kind of dissatisfaction leading to travel and exploration, losing one’s bearings, all of which is supposed to be exciting and enriching, except if things get particularly difficult, homesickness. The best cure for homesickness is of course to find your way home, in order to recover, until you begin to feel restless again. Seen from here, some planet up in the sky may seem like home, but when you get there, you will likely discover it to be only a stage in a bigger journey.
    Precisely. Homesickness is a state of being. For me, home is feeling alive again.

Quote What can happen when you think you are completely stuck?
    I doubt anyone will agree with what I'm about to say here but what the hell, I've never been much of a crowd pleaser anyway. I think the ones who feel stuck are actually the least stuck, the most free from this 3D madness. From a wider/higher perspective, I don’t see that anything needs to be fixed. This reality is serving its purpose, everything is as it should be, everyone is where they should be. But enough is enough, it’s time to graduate. When we cry out to the cosmos, “I can’t take this anymore, I wanna go home”, what we’re really saying is, “give me the kick”.

A long, slowed down, drawn out kick, up to the next level of awareness. Free will is an illusion at the 3D level, and, as the experiencer, the only real choice left is to choose how we’re going to experience the kick. Is it frightening or is it exciting?

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

araucaria (7th February 2017), Chester (8th February 2017), eaglespirit (7th February 2017), Stephanie (7th February 2017)

23. Link to Post #32
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Sam Hunter (here)
    By this I assume you mean "knowing one had an experience? Perhaps even an 'anomalous' experience?
    It was more of a reiteration of what I previously stated about knowing and adding the comment that it’s simple. It was a part of my summary of my point I was making and it’s importance was more as a preceding statement to what I next wrote about understanding, as a comparison.

Quote My feeling is that to say there would be a universally true interpretation and that that interpretation might suggest to the individual doing the interpretation that there is a universally true paradigm raises the question that - if so... what is that one "true, universally true for all, paradigm?" Could there be one? If so, is it possible a single being could actually grasp that better than all the rest? And if so, would that not suggest everyone else has it wrong or at least partially wrong?
    Any universal truth would need to encompass all that is, so my best guess would be that a paradigm that’s true for all would be all the paradigms that exist, seen as a whole.

Is there a single being that could grasp it better than all the rest? I guess that would be God/Source, which is also everyone. The scope of what we can grasp is subject to our awareness. As an individuated expression of Source, here as a human on Earth at this time, our awareness is limited but that doesn’t mean we have what we know wrong, it just means we can’t see it all. Imagine you’re sitting in the centre of a circle of people. Each person is in a different position in the circle, each person has a unique perspective as they observe you. No one person has a complete view of you but collectively they do. Each view is valid and correct and unique but without the understanding of the value of all the perspectives, people tend to argue about which perspective is most accurate.

Quote Orrrr, could the nature of reality allow for infinite paradigms such that each is true for the individual that perceives it and/or experiences it while also experiencing a shared reality?
    Yes. We are individuals and a part of the human collective mind and reality at the same time, we contribute to the collective reality as individuals but that collective reality is just a reality within out own unique reality, not the other way around as people often seem to insist. We are not within the human collective reality, it’s within ours.

Quote This last statement I agree with if the knowing is that one has had an experience... do you mean this to extend beyond that? If so, do you sense there may be a single, all true, all pervasive, universal paradigm (again other than the infinite paradigm possibility I suggested?)
    I’m not sure I fully understand this question.

Quote EDIT: added... Here is a post of mine from just two years ago.
    You gave me the wrong link, that’s one of Araucaria’s.

Update: Nevermind about the link, Sam, I logged out and could see two of your posts, we must have different settings concerning the number of posts displayed per page.
    Last edited by Innocent Warrior; 7th February 2017 at 21:55.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

araucaria (8th February 2017), Chester (8th February 2017), eaglespirit (7th February 2017)

25. Link to Post #33
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Apologies, Innocent Warrior... I did post the wrong link but how I found that old thread of mine was by (coincidentally) reading many of araucaria's posts of late... posts which somehow I am starting to understand whereas for many years on this forum, I had trouble understanding them.

So having said that, I must post the link here (again).

It could be seen that this thread may have drifted too far from the OP and his/her intent. To simplify as best I can what I wished to say in response specifically to the OP poster...

"I honor your experience and I honor how you wish to interpret it and I honor the paradigm your interpretation may suggest underlays the whole experience and that IMO it can all be true even if others may have had experiences where their interpretations suggested paradigms that suggest to them that both paradigms cannot be true, cannot be real, only one or the other... like the being I used to be. I also offer the suggestion that in time, one's views and interpretations about past experiences can change and these changes sometimes result in changes in the paradigms the interpreter once thought was 'the one, true paradigm."

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

araucaria (8th February 2017), Innocent Warrior (8th February 2017), sanma (11th February 2017)

27. Link to Post #34
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,977 times in 5,003 posts

Sam, it is encouraging to read that you are gradually catching my drift; that is how it should be, thank you! I did zoom out from the OP to a bigger picture, but we can always zoom back in and find him still there. The question ‘Am I alone...?’ will always elicit an ambiguous answer: yes and no. Yes, you are alone/unique; but no, because individual uniqueness is the universal trait that brings us all together.

My analogy of the van stuck in the mud can help understand how this works. The last person to join the push may jokingly be seen as the superman who singlehandedly made all the difference, but of course it is only a joke because all the others were pushing along with him. Messianism is what you get when you take that joke seriously: magical thinking that one individual can single-handedly transform a situation. The negative version of this idea is the scapegoat, one person responsible for all the world’s evil. When you crucify a messiah, you conflate the two ideas into one. There may indeed be an individual at the epicentre of all this, but who and what that person is is neither here nor there: we are talking about a collective movement. You don’t need a rocket scientist to push a van out of a ditch, but he can do the job like anyone else, providing brawn not brain. The operative quality he has is merely to have been in the right place at the right time; once the job is done he can go back to designing rockets, making coffee or a myriad other things big and small that people do.

Coming back to Roger, I am still seeing the general in the particular. He may be here on a mission, which he needs to find out about. But like anyone else, he may be more prosaically simply in the right place at the right time to lend a hand with something that had little to do with formal qualifications. Even a rocket scientist is not a rocket scientist 24/7; he is much more than that, albeit in ways that seem totally insignificant. The problem here is overspecialization: occasionally intense specialization is of huge importance, but most of the time what is needed is generalization all the way down to our common bedrock of basic humanity. What we see though are self-important elites who are above all this trivial stuff. They don’t need punishment on their own terms, they need to be shown, given a grounding in how this is done.

This is why I really don’t care who or what you are. You can be a wanderer, a visitor from another dimension in another multiverse: I won’t look up to you, and I won’t look down on you. There is nothing special about being special: join the human crowd. If you are not human, then we shall just have to broaden our terminology from humanity to something bigger. The only question is, can you join in, and if not what are you doing here? As John Lennon famously said, "Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans."

Big ideas, little realities: it is not so much a matter of getting our priorities wrong as having definite unidirectional priorities at all, as opposed to a more holistic approach. Hence I can only half agree when Innocent Warrior says “that collective reality is just a reality within our own unique reality, not the other way around as people often seem to insist “ – it works both ways, and any disagreement is artificial. One’s own unique reality is changing all the time through contact with and integration of parts of the collective reality that are/were outside of it, which can be rephrased as integration of parts of one’s own unique reality that are/were unconscious/unassimilated. This is the idea of reality holding up a mirror to the psyche: as within so without.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

Chester (8th February 2017)

29. Link to Post #35
    Language
    English
    Thanks

True is what is true for you at the moment you decide it's true... and there's one really true thing about truth.

It usually changes.

30. Link to Post #36
    UK Avalon Member RogerThingymebob's Avatar
    Thanks

Amazing experience.

“For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path that may have heart, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length--and there I travel looking, looking breathlessly.”
    ― Carlos Castaneda, The Teachings of Don Juan: A Yaqui Way of Knowledge

Roger, I'd rather know what you think happened, will you share your assessment with us?
    Quote Posted by AutumnW (here)
    Rogerthingymebob,

You are here for a reason. This sounds so corny and I hate applying it to anybody, because of overuse. It is also used by all sorts of narcissistic types in a self aggrandizing way. You strike me as having an honest to God shamanic personality. Tell us more about the voices. Are they always uplifting and helpful? Do they tell you about things like future events, send you visions?
    Thank you.
    Never really had visions.
    I've been in many situations,
    I've been in before,
    Da javu.

Yes,
    They are.
    Always there.
    Constant conversation,
    Jokes,
    Anything really,
    Even when they are quiet,
    I know they are there.
    They know more then I do,
    But it feels they are learning with me as well.
    They will only tell me when they are ready to.
    They are my eyes and ears,
    Been in so many near misses,
    Where I've been in the way of something at work,
    Or on my pushbike,
    and I've not physically seen whatever it was.
    When he was six he believed that the moon overhead followed him
    By nine he had deciphered the illusion trading magic for fact,
    No tradebacks.....So this is what it's like to be an adult.

31. Link to Post #37
    UK Avalon Member RogerThingymebob's Avatar
    Thanks

Amazing experience.

“For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path that may have heart, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length--and there I travel looking, looking breathlessly.”

Roger, I'd rather know what you think happened, will you share your assessment with us?
    Quote Posted by Desire (here)
    Roger
    is your mother still alive. .If so please ASK her why she said your father was responsible 'Didn't you ever Ask her what she meant?
    I don't know,
    Maybe I should of done.
    I knew what she meant,
    But would they of understood?
    I did them them a few years ago,
    And even then they didn't really knew
    What I was saying.
    Unfortunately,
    My mum passed,
    About 2 years ago.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Amazing experience.

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    So it was titled, "Am I the Only One" - to have been bashed on the head by their dad at an early age?

If you guys are right on this one I give up. Why go there? I just don't get it. I truly hope that you guys missed the entire point because if you didn't, I did.

Wow, stunning
    I've never been hit by any of my parents!
    When he was six he believed that the moon overhead followed him
    By nine he had deciphered the illusion trading magic for fact,
    No tradebacks.....So this is what it's like to be an adult.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to RogerThingymebob For This Post:

Desire (11th February 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2