+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is France going to Frexit from EU and NATO ? La France se dirige-t-elle vers une sortie de l'EU et de l'OTAN ?

1. Link to Post #1
    New Caledonia/ Australia/ Munich, Germany
    Thanks

Default Is France going to Frexit from EU and NATO ? La France se dirige-t-elle vers une sortie de l'EU et de l'OTAN ?

Hi there, fellow Avalonians,

Following this hot thread and the recent demise of François Fillon as a valid candidate to the french presidential election, Marine Le Pen rise and all the media buzzing about it, is France going to follow on the example of the UK and say goodbye to the EU ?

Us french are going to elect the heir to François Hollande in a few months, casting our votes respectfully on the 22nd of April and the 6th of May.

Recently, one of the rising candidate François Fillon got splashed by scandal as it was revealed by the Canard Enchaîné that his spouse Penelope had received salary for a position she never occupied, the event being dubbed the " Penelope Gate" by the newspaper. After the initial blow, the newspaper published more articles incriminating his kids Marie and Charles had received over 800 000 euros as Parlimentary assistants.

10 days later, Mediapart, already involved in exposing various politics and their wronddoings including former president Nicolas Sakozy, published checks written to François Fillon with various irregularities suggesting the candidate took some money while a senator :

While he was having a great deal of success in the polls early December, Fillon went down like a comet crashing on Earth recently.

This honestly reminded me of the fate of Dominique Strauss Kahn when as the left best asset, he was competition to Nicolas Sarkozy in 2011-2012, right before the sex assault scandal and resulting arrest, prosection and demise.
    At this time, Marine Le Pen was already doing quite good in the polls and then later on at the election.

With Fillon fallen out of the wagon out and rolling out in the firy bushes on the side of the presidential track, Marine Le Pen appears to be a rock solid candidate...
    Enregistrer
    Last edited by ElfeMya; 4th February 2017 at 21:58.
    Love and Light

2. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to ElfeMya For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (5th February 2017), AutumnW (5th February 2017), Billy (5th February 2017), BMJ (5th February 2017), ByTheNorthernSea (5th February 2017), Foxie Loxie (5th February 2017), Gillian (5th February 2017), Helene West (4th February 2017), Hervé (4th February 2017), JRS (5th February 2017), Justplain (4th February 2017), Michelle Marie (4th February 2017), Nasu (5th February 2017), ponda (5th February 2017), seko (5th February 2017), Star Tsar (5th February 2017), toppy (5th February 2017), uzn (4th February 2017), Wind (4th February 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,261 times in 1,414 posts

Default Re: Is France going to Frexit from EU and NATO ? La France se dirige-t-elle vers une sortie de l'EU et de l'OTAN ?

ElfyeMya, does France have laws that protect the press from being owned by corporate thugs? It appears some of the French press are actually doing their job in exposing corruption. That doesnt happen much here in north america cuz the press is generally controlled by the plutocrats due to restrictions in press ownership bring eliminated decades ago.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Justplain For This Post:

AutumnW (5th February 2017), Billy (5th February 2017), ElfeMya (5th February 2017), Foxie Loxie (5th February 2017), Michelle Marie (4th February 2017), ponda (5th February 2017), toppy (5th February 2017), uzn (5th February 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Default Re: Is France going to Frexit from EU and NATO ? La France se dirige-t-elle vers une sortie de l'EU et de l'OTAN ?

A recent poll was stating the eviction of Fillon after the first round ( 23rd of April ) with 18,5 % of votes, far behind Marine Lepen with 25 %. In that same poll, Marine Le Pen was leading the pack , beating Emmanuel Macron ( 20 % of the votes for him despite his new and fresh take on politics ).
    The second round was giving victory to Macron though with a staggering 63 % against 37 % for Mme Le Pen.

This said, Marine Le Pen is definitely making waves and even accross the Pacific and Europe.

In an interview with Le Monde, she offered to have 2 referendums once elected, including a national preference, tax on any work contract with anyone not french and a constitutional reform and a big chapter on the EU. She aims at getting back 4 sovereign powers : monetary, territorial, budgetary and legislastive.
    Following the results of those , she plans on negociating the Frexit in a time shorter than the Brexit could end taking to manifest...
    Ambitious for the most, isn't it ?

Let's not forget that after casting our votes to elect a new president, my fellow french citizens and myself will be back at the city halls for the legislatives elections on the 11th and the 18th of June this same year...
    Mme LePen is planning to have a referendum after those.

She also stated that, following a Frexit, the euro zone could simply fall out, only leaving into place the remains of the old " mark zone " including Austria, Germany, the Netherlands but she is keen on keeping a common currency in Europe.

She is too, embroiled in a bit of a scandal regarding a position never filled by a collaborator and rejected the refund of 300 000 euros to the European parliament as perceived fraudulently for a work never done...

Nonetheless, she is gaining momentum and not only in the polls.
    She appeared in the german news stating her intent to remove France not only from the EU but also from NATO.

Last year, Florian Philipot, the voice of the Front National, even came to my tiny island in the South Pacific and got quite some attention as Mme Le Pen is the only candidate firmly promising New Caledonian they will remain french if elected.

Another man from her team even made public declarations about the topic.

With such promises, Mme Le Pen is sure to make quite a score in April in New Caledonia and probably not only there even if as the extreme right the Front National has been portrayed as the devil for decades of political life.
    Last edited by ElfeMya; 4th February 2017 at 22:46.
    Love and Light

6. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to ElfeMya For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (5th February 2017), AutumnW (5th February 2017), Billy (5th February 2017), BMJ (5th February 2017), Chester (5th February 2017), Foxie Loxie (5th February 2017), Hervé (4th February 2017), Michelle Marie (4th February 2017), Nasu (5th February 2017), ponda (5th February 2017), seko (5th February 2017), toppy (5th February 2017), uzn (4th February 2017)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,315 times in 279 posts

I wish. That would be a dream come true.

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Enola For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (5th February 2017), AutumnW (5th February 2017), BMJ (5th February 2017), Chester (5th February 2017), ElfeMya (5th February 2017), Foxie Loxie (5th February 2017), Michelle Marie (4th February 2017), ponda (5th February 2017), toppy (5th February 2017), uzn (5th February 2017)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,413 times in 3,425 posts

Thanks for this ElfeMya. As a citizen of the U.S.A., we somehow get the impression that our political election are the only circus attraction in the world media.

Good luck to you and the people of France on the 23rd of April!

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (5th February 2017), AutumnW (5th February 2017), BMJ (5th February 2017), Chester (5th February 2017), ElfeMya (5th February 2017), Foxie Loxie (5th February 2017), Nasu (5th February 2017), ponda (5th February 2017), toppy (5th February 2017), uzn (5th February 2017)

11. Link to Post #6
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,120 times in 2,678 posts

I betcha they will Frexit. It's the spirit of the times.

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (5th February 2017), BMJ (5th February 2017), Chester (5th February 2017), ElfeMya (5th February 2017), Foxie Loxie (5th February 2017), ponda (5th February 2017), toppy (5th February 2017), uzn (5th February 2017)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

Quote Posted by Justplain (here)
    ElfyeMya, does France have laws that protect the press from being owned by corporate thugs? It appears some of the French press are actually doing their job in exposing corruption. That doesnt happen much here in north america cuz the press is generally controlled by the plutocrats due to restrictions in press ownership bring eliminated decades ago.
    The big French publications I have seen are even more hostile towards Trump than our own media is, I can tell you that much. Le Monde is a great example. But our corrupt US media, as bad as they are, were also still forced to report on the Podesta email leaks and all the rest of those scandals, if only to try to spin or downplay them.

14. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Enola (here)
    I wish. That would be a dream come true.
    Enola, for the first time ever in my life, I am way more interested in what the far right has to say than any other political group. To me it is a big sign of the changes in time, a bit like Trump being elected in the States and yes I too xish she goes through. Let's see what happens on the 23rd of April !
    Love and Light

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ElfeMya For This Post:

AutumnW (5th February 2017), BMJ (5th February 2017), Foxie Loxie (5th February 2017), toppy (5th February 2017)

16. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Hi Justplain, I apologize, I replied to you and accidentally deleted my reply yesterday ( noob attack here ).
    I am not an expert on French Law so I can not really tell about this one and I am sure there is a fair amount of collusion and corruption going on as well in French media however Mediapart has been exposing political crap for some times now and there are others doing the same work with quite some integrity so let's hope it stays that way and even amplifies itself...
    Love and Light

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ElfeMya For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (5th February 2017), Justplain (5th February 2017), toppy (5th February 2017)

18. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Kryztian (here)
    Thanks for this ElfeMya. As a citizen of the U.S.A., we somehow get the impression that our political election are the only circus attraction in the world media.

Good luck to you and the people of France on the 23rd of April!
    Hi Kryztian and thanks so much for your wishes, they are much appreciated and we can all definiteley use a bit of luck !
    France is only opening the season in Europe as Germany is going for it too on the 24th of September and Angela Merkel, though winning the primaries and being the official candidate of the CDU is not having only fans ...

I have been discussing the european politics with another member here, Uzn, and we are worrking at a specific thread on this topic as a Gexit might be decisisve in the future of the EU. Any insight you have is most welcome, given what the people of the USA are experiencing now with Trump.
    Love and Light

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ElfeMya For This Post:

AutumnW (5th February 2017), BMJ (5th February 2017), Foxie Loxie (5th February 2017), Kryztian (6th February 2017), toppy (5th February 2017)

20. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Quote Posted by AutumnW (here)
    Shall we go dance and party when that happens, dear AutumnW ?
    I know some really cool places both in Munich and Noumea !
    Love and Light

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ElfeMya For This Post:

BMJ (5th February 2017), Foxie Loxie (5th February 2017), Justplain (5th February 2017), Kryztian (6th February 2017), toppy (5th February 2017)

22. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Quote Posted by A Voice from the Mountains (here)
    The big French publications I have seen are even more hostile towards Trump than our own media is, I can tell you that much. Le Monde is a great example. But our corrupt US media, as bad as they are, were also still forced to report on the Podesta email leaks and all the rest of those scandals, if only to try to spin or downplay them.

A voice from the Moutains, love the picture !!! Spot on !!
    Let's not forget the new rising star, Marion Maréchal Le Pen :

Love and Light

23. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ElfeMya For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (5th February 2017), AutumnW (5th February 2017), BMJ (5th February 2017), Foxie Loxie (5th February 2017), Justplain (5th February 2017), Kryztian (5th February 2017), seko (5th February 2017), toppy (5th February 2017), uzn (5th February 2017)

24. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,168 times in 1,747 posts

I have been opposed to NATO / OTAN for a Long time. Hearing politicians for the first time that they want to Exit this tool of power/oppression sounds wonderful.

This Looks like a lot of Swastikas to me

25. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to uzn For This Post:

AutumnW (5th February 2017), BMJ (5th February 2017), ElfeMya (5th February 2017), Foxie Loxie (5th February 2017), Justplain (5th February 2017), Kryztian (5th February 2017), ponda (5th February 2017), toppy (5th February 2017)

26. Link to Post #14
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,120 times in 2,678 posts

Quote Posted by ElfeMya (here)
    Quote Posted by AutumnW (here)
    Shall we go dance and party when that happens, dear AutumnW ?
    I know some really cool places both in Munich and Noumea !
    I will be happy...but concerned. So a tea party would work. And works as a double entendre too!

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

ElfeMya (6th February 2017), Foxie Loxie (6th February 2017), uzn (9th February 2017)

28. Link to Post #15
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,074 times in 8,172 posts

‘Purge Night’ Riots in France as Interior Minister Warns Mass Immigration Could Cause Societal Breakdown

“Today, we live side by side. I fear that tomorrow it will be face to face”

Paul Joseph Watson | Infowars.com - November 1, 2018

Major cities in France were hit by rioting last night as the country’s former Interior Minister warned that mass immigration could bring societal breakdown within five years.

“French police arrested more than 100 people after gangs of masked youths stormed through Paris suburbs and the center of Lyon on Halloween night, authorities said on Thursday, following a message on social media calling for a “purge” against police,” reports Reuters.

https://www.infowars.com/purge-night...tal-breakdown/
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

29. The Following User Says Thank You to norman For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (2nd November 2018)

+ Reply to Thread