+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Zero & One - A film about non-duality (Full free Version)

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,304 times in 950 posts

Default Zero & One - A film about non-duality (Full free Version)

Oh, for those "who" (?) perhaps are "seeking resolution" with the Neo-Advaita methodoloy, here's a Video which attempts to discuss the non-discussability of what Neo-Advaita is all about :

Now while I can relate to it in the sense of the seeming experience of the "falling away" of the "personal self", I do feel however that this "approach" is probably not for everyone because although it doesn't leave the "intellect" anywhere to go (which is the point I suppose), the apparent "jump" to "this is it" may not get to the root (and cut it), as to the belief in a "separate self" ... on the other hand "who" am I to judge eh ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	burst_out_laughing.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	139.6 KB
ID:	34925

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Ah, perhaps Contemplate this : "Experience and Awareness are not two" eh?
    Last edited by Clear Light; 6th February 2017 at 13:56. Reason: The Wording / Post Update

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Clear Light For This Post:

Gillian (6th February 2017), Guish (6th February 2017), joeecho (7th February 2017), kirolak (10th February 2017), Miaspri (6th February 2017), Noelle (6th February 2017), Richard S. (6th February 2017), StandingWave (6th February 2017), sunwings (8th October 2018), WhiteLove (6th February 2017), Zampano (6th February 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,199 times in 262 posts

Default Re: Zero & One - A film about non-duality (Full free Version)

...and yet all i can hear is a loudspeaker a self indulgence speeding up on its way to crash upon the great wall of the honesty of pain.
    Then, truly awaken.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dim For This Post:

Clear Light (6th February 2017), Guish (6th February 2017), kirolak (10th February 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Quote Posted by dim (here)
    ...and yet all i can hear is a loudspeaker a self indulgence speeding up on its way to crash upon the great wall of the honesty of pain.
    Then, truly awaken.
    Oh, perhaps such a "crash" as some type of "personal crisis" is exactly what is seemingly needed before the "intellect" will even entertain the idea of non-duality / "enlightenment" / self-realisation / no-self (in some form or other) eh ?

Now, "looking back" so-to-speak, it does seem as though "I" had to experience the so-called "dark night of the soul" ... several times in fact

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Clear Light For This Post:

dim (7th February 2017), Guish (6th February 2017), kirolak (10th February 2017), Noelle (6th February 2017)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,453 times in 1,583 posts

Experience reality beyond the senses
    https://www.facebook.com/geerishhealer/

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guish For This Post:

Clear Light (6th February 2017), Gillian (6th February 2017)

9. Link to Post #5
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,789 times in 1,357 posts

The "this is it", can be extended as: "this is a part of it all". There are other parts, in other nows. So hence the "this is it", is true only in a specific context (place, time) from the individual perspective. A greater awareness would say "there is more to this".

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhiteLove For This Post:

Clear Light (6th February 2017), Guish (7th February 2017)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Quote Posted by WhiteLove (here)
    The "this is it", can be extended as: "this is a part of it all". There are other parts, in other nows. So hence the "this is it", is true only in a specific context (place, time) from the individual perspective. A greater awareness would say "there is more to this".
    Oh, with respect WhiteLove, to claim there are "other nows", "other parts" or "more to this" is still the product of dualistic-thinking, whereas the "this is it" (or perhaps just "this") is meant to convey the sense of direct immediateness, with no intermediary that thinks in terms of subjects / objects, as in the subject "I" seeing objects for example (self / other) ...

Now, in the absence of such conceptualisation, if the "emptiness" of "self" (as in there is no permanent personal "self") has been pierced / penetrated, then there is likely no-one to see any-thing ... there is merely "seeing", see ?

I'd say it's like it seems there is a conceptual overlay obscuring "as-it-isness" thus to "see directly" such conceptualising must cease or dissolve eh ?

By way of metaphor : Consider the thinking mind as a whirlpool but if the whirling (of conceptualising) ceases where does the whirlpool go ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	river-whirlpool.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	140.4 KB
ID:	34935

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Clear Light For This Post:

boolacalaca (6th February 2017), Guish (7th February 2017), StandingWave (10th February 2017)

13. Link to Post #7
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,199 times in 262 posts

Quote Posted by Clear Light (here)
    Oh, perhaps such a "crash" as some type of "personal crisis" is exactly what is seemingly needed before the "intellect" will even entertain the idea of non-duality / "enlightenment" / self-realisation / no-self (in some form or other) eh ?

Now, "looking back" so-to-speak, it does seem as though "I" had to experience the so-called "dark night of the soul" ... several times in fact
    Indeed, i totally forgot what I had to go through before even have the luxury to apply my intellectual arrogance upon my awakening.
    Thank you for reminding me.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dim For This Post:

Clear Light (9th February 2017), Guish (7th February 2017), kirolak (10th February 2017)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,666 times in 638 posts

As a child I used to experience Non-duality. I remember lying on my bed and getting to a state where there was no ME, or Bed or Earth and it was what it was. All and nothing. A great documentary which has triggered something I feel.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sunwings For This Post:

Clear Light (9th February 2017), Guish (9th February 2017)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,392 times in 3,448 posts

In my opinion duality is a pivotal part of reality. Hot/Cold Good/Bad Left/Right Female/Male just about everything has poles like this. I think it could be truly impossible to "transcend duality" unless you have no perception of what is happening. I personally think the non duality stuff is new age nonsense.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Omni For This Post:

Clear Light (9th February 2017), Guish (10th February 2017)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,291 times in 744 posts

Maanduuukya Kaarika ( Upaanishad) III sloka 48 states: "No individual being, whichsoever, takes birth. It has no source (of birth). This (Brahman) is that highest Truth where nothing whatsoever takes birth".

And IV sloka 4 : "A thing that already exists does not pass into birth; and a thing that does not pre-exist cannot pass into birth. These people, while disputing thus, are really non-dualists, and they thus reveal the absence of birth" (Kim cit bhuutam na jaayate).

And Maandukya Kaarika IV sloka 47: "As the movement of a fire brand appears to be straight or crooked, so it is the vibration of Consciousness that appears to be the Knower and the Known"

So not New Age, as such

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kirolak For This Post:

Clear Light (10th February 2017), Flash (10th February 2017), Guish (10th February 2017), StandingWave (10th February 2017)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Omnisense (here)
    In my opinion duality is a pivotal part of reality. Hot/Cold Good/Bad Left/Right Female/Male just about everything has poles like this. I think it could be truly impossible to "transcend duality" unless you have no perception of what is happening. I personally think the non duality stuff is new age nonsense.
    Ah, while I do agree there does seem to be a lot of "new age crap" floating around these days, there are, however, genuine authentic non-dual "paths" (of sudden enlightenment) which have been passed down through the generations for hundreds of years ... and so I would say it is probably best not to "throw the baby out with the bathwater" and "write off" such Traditions as if they all fall into the same category of "non-sense" eh ?

Furthermore, an "exchange of opinions" isn't likely going to convince you one way or the other Omnisense, but all the Information you could ever ask for, is available on the Internet should you perhaps, one day, decide to take a "deeper look", that is : At your own Mind !!!

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Clear Light For This Post:

Guish (10th February 2017), kirolak (10th February 2017), sunwings (10th February 2017), Wind (10th February 2017)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

A fire can't burn itself, wind can't blow itself, you can't touch your head with your head, and water can't wet itself. So how can a searcher find himself?

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sunwings For This Post:

Clear Light (10th February 2017), Guish (10th February 2017), kirolak (10th February 2017)

25. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Quote Posted by sunwings (here)
    A fire can't burn itself, wind can't blow itself, you can't touch your head with your head, and water can't wet itself. So how can a searcher find himself?
    I think it could be truly impossible to "transcend duality" unless you have no perception of what is happening
    John Snelling :
    Quote A primary cause of suffering is delusion: our inability, because
    of subtly willful blindness, to see things the way they truly are
    but instead in a distorted way. The world is in fact a seamless
    and dynamic unity, a single living organism that is constantly
    undergoing change. Our minds, however, chop it up into separate,
    static bits and pieces, which we then try mentally and physically to
    manipulate. One of the mind's most dear creations is the idea of
    the person and, closest to home, of a very special person which
    each one of us calls I: a separate, enduring ego or self. There is
    "I"-- and there is all the rest. That means conflict--and pain, for
    "I" cannot control that fathomless vastness against which it is
    set. It will try, of course, as a flea might pit itself against an
    elephant, but it is a vain enterprise
    Oh, the revelation that we are not our thoughts may come as a surprise to many, and this may provoke a certain sense of "loss", or disorientation, or even panic, yet, it is well in such moments to perhaps reflect upon the analogy of the "swirling snow globe" wherein, with a little patience (or mindfulness), the "swirling" (of thoughts and all other apparent objects of perception) "settles down", whereupon, with good fortune, even the sense of the one who perceives (the subject) itself dissolves eh ?

>>> You might then start to "see" what I mean with regards to "Non-Duality" !!! <<<
    Last edited by Clear Light; 10th February 2017 at 16:17. Reason: I added 2 sets of Coloured Highlights to reflect the sense of a "Question and Answer"

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Clear Light For This Post:

Bruno (10th February 2017), Guish (10th February 2017), sunwings (10th February 2017)

27. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,453 times in 1,583 posts

When "I" talk to a woman, do I see a woman or do I just see the Buddha nature of the woman? I was branded a sexist the last time I said something along those lines on PA
    Hot and Cold are just states of temperature
    What's good for one is bad for another

There's a state beyond concepts where one just acts without judging, without proving and without expecting.
    At this point you are again part of the whole and there's not one doing it, it gets done.
    There's peace.
    Experience reality beyond the senses
    https://www.facebook.com/geerishhealer/

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Guish For This Post:

Clear Light (10th February 2017), greybeard (8th October 2018), sunwings (10th February 2017), Wind (10th February 2017)

29. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

18 months on and I am back here. I tried really hard to walk away from Non Duality but it kept tugging on me for months and months. I do believe people have different paths to walk in spirituality and this idea of Non duality dovetailed very well with my persona. I started getting downloads telling me what amazing actors we are, how we believe in the game 100% but we only see 50% of what is there, we don´t see the 50% which is nothing / awareness / consciousness. Consciousness is all that is and we are Consciousness .

So on that note I happily add to wonderful videos which have helped me have experiences in the last few days which has made it clear when we surrender the other world is quickly revealed to us.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to sunwings For This Post:

greybeard (8th October 2018)

+ Reply to Thread