+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Squiggles -- Anyone experiencing them while dreaming, meditating, or astral projecting?

1. Link to Post #1
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,320 times in 1,632 posts

Default The Squiggles -- Anyone experiencing them while dreaming, meditating, or astral projecting?

Astral projectors and lucid dreamers sometimes report seeing squiggly lines or squiggles of light. Over the last 12 months ago, I started to see them while in the mind awake-body asleep state, the state I work at achieving to astral project. The squiggles that I see are silvery-gray and have sort of a tadpole-like shape. They dart quickly in all different directions. I get frustrated every time I experience them, which stops me from astral projecting. They are puzzling to me; and why, after 10 years of astral traveling, am I seeing them now?

Interestingly, I recently watched an Open Minds with Regina Meredith video called “Project Pegasus Revealed with Andrew Basiago.” In this Q&A, Basiago describes what he saw as he approached the time travel apparatus for the first time at the facility in Woodbridge, NJ. He says the apparatus, which included two parenthesis-shaped posts, generated a field of radiant energy that looked like TV static/raster. Then he saw squiggles of blue and green light moving in opposite directions in the radiant energy. As soon as I heard him say “squiggles,” I at once thought of what I and other astral projectors have experience.

I am curious as to if any Avalon members have experienced these squiggles at any stage of lucid dreaming, meditation, or astral projecting. I also welcome any possible explanation for them and a possible connection (though maybe there is none) with what Basiago experienced. Thanks!

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

craig mitchell (19th April 2017), Guish (7th February 2017), Jake (3rd June 2017), looking-glass (2nd March 2017), Mark (Star Mariner) (2nd March 2017), Miaspri (7th February 2017), Sunny-side-up (7th February 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,291 times in 744 posts

Default Re: The Squiggles -- Anyone experiencing them while dreaming, meditating, or astral projecting?

Yes, I have both when meditating & just sitting with eyes closed (but then I also see amazing close ups of pencil sketches & tapestries in full colour as well) Wish I could control it, but it's a random thing for me.)

I wonder whether the squiggles could be what Robert Monroe called "curls" ?

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kirolak For This Post:

Guish (7th February 2017), Jake (3rd June 2017), Mark (Star Mariner) (2nd March 2017), Miaspri (7th February 2017), Noelle (7th February 2017), Sunny-side-up (7th February 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Default Re: The Squiggles -- Anyone experiencing them while dreaming, meditating, or astral projecting?

I know. I wish I could control it too. I've read all three of Monroe's books and don't remember the "curls." I'll have to look into that more. Thanks for pointing it out.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

Guish (7th February 2017), Jake (3rd June 2017), kirolak (7th February 2017), Sunny-side-up (7th February 2017)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,453 times in 1,583 posts

In fact, the thing that brought me to Project Avalon was the "sight" of white light during meditation. It started with a dot and became like fireworks. I thought that the following link may help.

https://www.wisdomsdoor.com/wb/hwb-color.php
    Experience reality beyond the senses
    https://www.facebook.com/geerishhealer/

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Guish For This Post:

kirolak (7th February 2017), Lifebringer (7th February 2017), looking-glass (2nd March 2017), Miaspri (7th February 2017), Noelle (7th February 2017), Sunny-side-up (7th February 2017)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Guish (here)
    In fact, the thing that brought me to Project Avalon was the "sight" of white light during meditation. It started with a dot and became like fireworks. I thought that the following link may help.

https://www.wisdomsdoor.com/wb/hwb-color.php
    Thanks, Guish. I will have a look.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

Guish (7th February 2017)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member heretogrow's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,981 times in 498 posts

Hello and thank you for this thread. I have seen these for years, even before my daughter was born and she will soon be thirteen. I first noticed them while meditating outside in my back yard... but then later noticed that I could see them in broad daylight without meditating as time went on. Go outside and look to the sky with what someone once described as "soft eyes, the kind that you would use if looking at a picture with a hidden 3D image". You will see the sky come alive. Many people have learned to see these after I mention my experience to them. At the same time I started to try to move the clouds/cloud busting/cloud manifesting, and I always wondered if this was part of that manifestation. I must tell you that now, in the dark, I cannot see solid images anymore. Instead, whether indoors or outside, I see the snow that is seen on TV screens in the shadows. It tends to look like whizzing molecules as they vibrate continuously, much like the tiny swirling dots of light I see in the daytime. I have had my eyes checked and there appears to be no medical explanation for this. I have grown use to it but it makes it very difficult to see the stars now. Hope this helps somehow!

Much Love,
    Julia
    Last edited by heretogrow; 7th February 2017 at 23:16. Reason: To add quotes ( Not sure who to credit these words to, but thats how someone decribed it once and since it was spot on to the method I use I adopted the saying!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to heretogrow For This Post:

Guish (8th February 2017), Jake (3rd June 2017), Noelle (7th February 2017)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Thanks for the comment, Julia. YES, I have looked up into the sky on those rare cloudless days and seen what you described. At first I thought I was seeing photons dancing; then I thought that maybe these are signs of the matrix or virtual reality background stuff. Sometimes when I stare up on a sunny day and open my eyes just a sliver, I see spirals - very tiny but they look like tightly wound spiral galaxies.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

Guish (8th February 2017), heretogrow (8th February 2017), Jake (3rd June 2017)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,643 times in 276 posts

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2917.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	34940

Here's a Squiggle and an orb that i snapped without knowing - i was simply taking a late shot of the sunset in Muskoka Ontario.
    Love is all you need

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 42 For This Post:

Guish (8th February 2017), Noelle (8th February 2017)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Quote Posted by 42 (here)
    Attachment 34940

Here's a Squiggle and an orb that i snapped without knowing - i was simply taking a late shot of the sunset in Muskoka Ontario.
    Cool photo ... it does look squiggly or possibly rope-like.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

42 (8th February 2017)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Quote Posted by LadyM (here)
    Attachment 34940

And the orb thing fascinates me - there's a big one in that shot - i can honestly say that orbs show up in 10% to 15% of my photos - and I take a lot of photos with different cameras, both digital and film. In an earlier stage of my career i was a national manager for Canon - I think i can objectively tell when i'm looking at an image of a dust particle or bug - or "not"... if ya know what i mean.
    Love is all you need

20. The Following User Says Thank You to 42 For This Post:

Noelle (8th February 2017)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Attachment 34940

And the orb thing fascinates me - there's a big one in that shot - i can honestly say that orbs show up in 10% to 15% of my photos - and I take a lot of photos with different cameras, both digital and film. In an earlier stage of my career i was a national manager for Canon - I think i can objectively tell when i'm looking at an image of a dust particle or bug - or "not"... if ya know what i mean.
    I am fascinated by them too. I would love to see some of your orb shots. I have a few too. There must be an orb thread on Avalon. If there is and you posted some of your photos, maybe you can PM me the thread URL.

22. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Attachment 34940

I am fascinated by them too. I would love to see some of your orb shots. I have a few too. There must be an orb thread on Avalon. If there is and you posted some of your photos, maybe you can PM me the thread URL.
    Here's a place to start - https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...ll=1#post76651
    Last edited by 42; 8th February 2017 at 01:26.
    Love is all you need

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 42 For This Post:

24. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

I am getting a "404 File Not Found" with that link.

25. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

I am getting a "404 File Not Found" with that link.
    Yes - sorry, not sure why (mods?) if you go to the search option and key in "orbs" you'll get a whole pile of orb posts
    Love is all you need

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 42 For This Post:

27. Link to Post #15
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,508 times in 4,311 posts

I see something like that eyes open and wide awake, but usally when in a relaxed state, such as sitting quietly, watching tv or reading a book etc. Always in peripheral, in the outer corner of the eye. It looks like a highly flourescent (startlingly bright) tadpole, travelling through the air or along the wall. It disappears when I turn to look directly at it. I assumed it was either some sort of natural artefact of vision, something triggered in the optic nerve maybe, or a spirit form, a tiny orb, coming to say hi. Whatever the case it's interesting.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

28. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Star Mariner (here)
    I see something like that eyes open and wide awake, but usally when in a relaxed state, such as sitting quietly, watching tv or reading a book etc. Always in peripheral, in the outer corner of the eye. It looks like a highly flourescent (startlingly bright) tadpole, travelling through the air or along the wall. It disappears when I turn to look directly at it. I assumed it was either some sort of natural artefact of vision, something triggered in the optic nerve maybe, or a spirit form, a tiny orb, coming to say hi. Whatever the case it's interesting.
    Hi, Star Mariner. Is this something new for you or have you been noticing it for a while?

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

Mark (Star Mariner) (2nd March 2017)

30. Link to Post #17
    United States Avalon Member bearcow's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,055 times in 472 posts

Quote and why, after 10 years of astral traveling, am I seeing them now?
    the connection between the physical body and what is commonly referred to in western metaphysical texts as the etheric body can "loosen" over time. especially if you have a natural inclination to astral project. this is what prize fighters refer to as "seeing stars" after getting the bejeezus knocked out of them. I see them whenever i wish to focus on them but when I sneeze strongly, they naturally come to the forefront of my perception as the sudden jolt shakes up my accustomed boundaries of perception.
    "You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go..."
    — Dr. Seuss

31. The Following User Says Thank You to bearcow For This Post:

Mark (Star Mariner) (2nd March 2017)

32. Link to Post #18
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,508 times in 4,311 posts

Hi, Star Mariner. Is this something new for you or have you been noticing it for a while?
    Oh a long time, years. It may or may not be related to your experience, who knows, and it's probably nothing of great importance, just thought it a parallel worth mentioning
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Noelle (2nd March 2017)

34. Link to Post #19
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Is this different to the purple 'squiggles' (I called 'em wurms) you get (or is it just me) when taking liberty caps?

The only way I explained this to myself was :1st (scientific) maybe being aware of the neurons firing in the retina, or 2nd (esoteric) seeing an energy lattice for want of better words that linked to the crystalline nature/ vividity whilst experiencing the effect.
    Emotions are transient, compassion is eternal.

35. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

Quote Posted by looking-glass (here)
    Is this different to the purple 'squiggles' (I called 'em wurms) you get (or is it just me) when taking liberty caps?

The only way I explained this to myself was :1st (scientific) maybe being aware of the neurons firing in the retina, or 2nd (esoteric) seeing an energy lattice for want of better words that linked to the crystalline nature/ vividity whilst experiencing the effect.
    They may be purple, I suppose, though they seem grayish or silvery to me. I try to study them when I see them, but then I end up getting too excited and returning to waking consciousness too quickly -- and they disappear. Interesting possible explanations, especially the esoteric one. Thanks!

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

Jake (3rd June 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast