Thread: Trump: The Great American Reset

1. Link to Post #141
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,206 times in 5,691 posts

Default Re: Trump: The Great American Reset

Just in case some of you missed it (probably by paying attention to MSM)

EXCLUSIVE: President Trump has done more for illegal immigrant children in two weeks than Obama did in two years
    • Lawyer Matthew Kolken said that a memorandum issued after Trump took office ended the Obama-era practice of prioritizing children for deportation
    • Kolken said that he thought that the President 'has a heart' when it comes to children who cross the border from Mexico on their own
    • Obama deported more people than any other President, earning him the nickname 'Deporter in Chief' among critics
    • 2.5 million people were kicked out of the country between 2009 and 2015 during the Obama Presidency
    • Kolken said that under Trump children 'are being put to the back of the line for scheduling of cases'
    • 'This means it could be a long time before they have to have a hearing before a judge,' he added
    President Trump has done more for illegal immigrant children in two weeks than President Obama did in two years, a prominent immigration lawyer has claimed.

Matthew Kolken said that a Justice Department memorandum issued after Trump took office ended theObama-era practice of prioritizing unaccompanied children for deportation.

Kolken said that he thought that the President 'has a heart' when it comes to children who cross the border from Mexico on their own.

Kolken called for a reexamination of President Obama's record on immigration and said that Democrats were guilty of 'unbridled hypocrisy' for criticizing President Trump when his predecessor was so harsh on migrants.

Despite remaining popular among Latinos, President Obama deported more people than any other president, earning him the nickname 'Deporter in Chief' among critics and activists.

According to government data some 2.5 million people were kicked out of the country between 2009 and 2015 during the Obama Presidency.

One of the most controversial programs was a memorandum from March 2015 which prioritized the fast-tracking of cases for children and families which became known as the 'rocket docket'.

According to a report from Syracuse University, in New York, nearly 40,000 immigration cases used this system and 43 per cent were children who did not have access to a lawyer.

On January 31st after Trump became the president, that was changed.

The memorandum was signed off by MaryBeth Keller, the chief immigration judge for the Executive Office for Immigration Review, and said that unaccompanied children are 'no longer the highest docketing and processing priority'.

Kolken, an immigration lawyer and the managing partner of Kolken & Kolken, located in Buffalo, New York, said that the memorandum meant that children 'are being put to the back of the line for scheduling of cases'.

He told DailyMail.com: 'This means that it could be quite a long time before they have to have a hearing before a judge.

'Maybe the President has a heart when it comes to unaccompanied children. There's no other explanation'.

He added: 'President Trump in two weeks has already done more for unaccompanied refugee children than Obama did in two years'.

Kolken said Obama's prioritization of unaccompanied children for deportation was 'easily the most inhumane immigration law in the last 20 years'.

He said: 'Democrats who are horrified (at Trump) could allow President Obama to act in the most unlawful way out of any president I have seen in my lifetime'.

Trump has made immigration a key theme of his Presidency and has promised to build a wall on the border with Mexico, which the Mexicans will pay for.
    But of course, you will hardly ever know about something like this... something that demonstrates the possibility that President Trump has far more heart than a plethora of folks could possibly bring themselves to imagine...

Unless, of course, you might stumble upon this thread and actually read a post like this.

And of course, who could possibly trust someone like Mathew Kolken to actually have a clue what he's talking about - I mean surely he has to be a plant, a fake... probably someone created by the Russians or "the Uber Wealthy Cabinet members"...

http://www.kolkenandkolken.com/?src=...ation_services
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (18th February 2017), BMJ (18th February 2017), genevieve (18th February 2017), Helene West (18th February 2017), JRS (19th February 2017), KiwiElf (18th February 2017), NancyV (18th February 2017), turiya (18th February 2017)

3. Link to Post #142
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,838 times in 5,080 posts

The Flynn Edge Of The Wedge

FEBRUARY 15, 2017

So, National Security Adviser Michael Flynn has become the first casualty of the Russian connection. Not counting Paul Manafort and Carter Page, thrown off the Trump Train during the presidential campaign. Not counting two Russian intelligence agents arrested for treason, who may or may not have been involved in hacking the U.S. election, who may or may not have been assisting the CIA. Not counting Christopher Steele, the former MI-6 agent and author of the notorious Russian dossier, currently in hiding.

So call Mike Flynn the first high-level casualty of the Russian connection. He’s likely the thin edge of the wedge. His Monday night resignation—ostensibly for misleading the vice president about conversations he had with a Russian official before Mr. Trump took office—has revved up the investigative axis in Washington. What did Mr. Trump and his aides know and when did they know it? Did Mike Flynn just take a bullet for the president?

Before the circus moves on from the spectacle of Flynn fallen in the arena, it’s worth noting that he served his country with honor and distinction for thirty-three years in the United States Army, rising to the rank of lieutenant general. He led dangerous intelligence missions in Afghanistan and Iraq. Later, apparently the same qualities that made him a successful battlefield intelligence leader got him in trouble as head of the Defense Intelligence Agency.

In the wake of the Flynn resignation, Democrats are calling for an “independent investigation” of the Russian connection. What they mean by that is not entirely clear, probably a specially charted commission, a special select committee or a special prosecutor. In any case, none of that is going to happen, at least not anytime soon.

First, the institutional probes will play out. The FBI, CIA, NSA and Treasury are up to something, according to the New York Times—an inter-agency task force, a “working group,” whatever. President Trump owns the executive branch for the moment and you can be sure this FBI-led effort is under tremendous pressure. John Schindler reports that the intelligence community is “starting to push back” against the president, a move with enormous implications.

In Congress, the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence and the House Intelligence Committee have opened broad investigations. The Senate Armed Services Committee, led by John McCain, will take a run at cyber-threats and Russia, before handing off the matter to a new cyber-security subcommittee. Elsewhere, major media groups are tasking reporting teams on the issue and the internet is alive with freelancers and interested parties—cue the usual carnival of conspiracy theories, dangerous craziness and occasional wisdom.

The essential investigative question for all these inquiries is the same. How deep? How deep into the U.S. electoral system did Moscow penetrate? And how deep is the Kremlin into Donald Trump?

Getting answers won’t be easy. Kremlin-linked hacking activities and related intelligence activities are a wilderness of mirrors. Mr. Trump has a long history of dealings in Russia and with Russians, and so far has resisted detailed disclosure. Cynics will say that Jim Comey will roll over one more time for Team Trump, but I don’t buy that. The inter-agency investigation led by the FBI, in my view, is the one to watch.

For the media and the internet gang, the temptation to chase rabbits down holes will be irresistible. The Trump Administration has decided to make the media the enemy, so expect relentless attacks on “fake news” and the like. But as the Flynn episode demonstrates, the media have an ally in the U.S. intelligence community. If you’re keeping score at home, Mr. Flynn’s resignation was forced not so much by his speaking with the Russians, but by public disclosure of those conversations, most likely through IC leaks. Look for the media and leaks to drive story. More evidence of that came last night with a New York Times disclosure that Trump associates “had repeated contacts with senior Russian intelligence officials” in 2016. President Trump fired back this morning, tweeting that the “real scandal” was the leaking of intelligence information.

Congress will struggle with its investigations, mainly because it’s a Republican-led institution investigating a Republican president. The institutional pressures to back off will be intense. The executive branch will slow-roll document production and balk at providing witnesses. Congressional subpoenas are basically useless and anyway the Republicans won’t go there. The minority Democrats have limited options. Kicking and screaming only gets you so far.

Congressional investigations often are tripped up by their dual mandate. They’re supposed to get to the bottom of something—Benghazi, Fast & Furious, Lois Lerner and the IRS, Whitewater, Iran-Contra, etc.—but they also have a public information role. Tell us what happened. The most successful congressional investigations have focused on telling the story. Based on what we already know—a tumultuous election, foreign intelligence hacking, sensational charges and presidential politics—the Russian connection reports should read like thrillers.

In the public information role, Congress should be hearing from Messrs. Flynn, Manafort and Page, along with top Trump aides Stephen Miller and Steve Bannon, on what they knew about the Russian connection and when they knew it. And what, if anything, they told Mr. Trump. As I noted in December, unusual Russia-connected episodes unfolded through the presidential campaign and mark Mr. Trump’s business history. Mr. Trump’s tax records are a Rosetta Stone to the Russian connection, at least as it relates to the president’s financial ties to the country. IRS Commissioner John Koskinen would handle any congressional directive to produce the records for confidential intelligence committee reviews. Or not. Mr. Koskinen cut a private-sector business deal with Mr. Trump back in 1975 and they have been friends ever since.

Micah Morrison is chief investigative reporter for Judicial Watch. Follow him on Twitter @micah_morrison. Tips: mmorrison@judicialwatch.org
    Investigative Bulletin is published weekly by Judicial Watch.
    Reprints and media inquiries: jfarrell@judicialwatch.org.

Micah Morrison's Investigative Bulletin

Last edited by turiya; 18th February 2017 at 15:11.

4. Link to Post #143
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,370 times in 1,011 posts

Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    Good grief! How can anyone think that returning to coal burning (not to mention more fracking) is going to be good for anything at all?
    Quote Posted by Eram (here)
    Just back from my night shift and saw this Bill Still report pop up.
    reporting Ryan is changing sides?

what??
    I have 2 siblings unemployed. I have a mediocre paying job yet I'm trying to keep them afloat and I won't be able to much longer. Caring about the environment (whether real caring or righteous pseudo/political caring) is a luxury for people who are not looking at the abyss of homelessness.
    Only a job has meaning to poor people. That is the rock bottom line. When you have food in your stomach and a roof over your head consistently, and you're far from the bad neighborhood of losing your kids, apartments, homes, cars, etc., then you can worry about things like the environment.

5. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Helene West For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (18th February 2017), AutumnW (18th February 2017), BMJ (18th February 2017), Chester (18th February 2017), genevieve (18th February 2017), JRS (19th February 2017), KiwiElf (18th February 2017), SunSea (18th February 2017), turiya (18th February 2017)

6. Link to Post #144
    Thanks

Quote Posted by BMJ (here)
    Quote Posted by Tinman (here)
    The Trump Kool-Aid drinkers here continue to baffle me. And this coming from someone who didn't want Hillary in office either, but. I refuse to stop calling out this spoiled brat's lies, just as I would call out anyone's provable lies!
    Tinman can you please enlighten the members whom frequent this thread with your provable lies backed by links to credible sources, that will verify:
    - we the members are drinking Trump Kool-Aid;
    - that Trump is a brat; and
    - Trump is a liar.

Thank you.

An aside, it must be getting lonely and boring on "The Trump Is Not the Answer" thread.
    Hey BMJ
    Can u add to your list to him to prove trump is a racist also? I've asked people for specifics but can't get specifics, only the same tired record over and over, he's a racist, sexist, blah, blah...
    What COWARDS these people are. Eight years of obama catering to Wall Street, catering to the intelligence community allowing them to amass blackmail portfolios on everyone especially politicians and businessmen with their huge data collection facilities and software, catering to the neocons as they droned thousands of innocents - not a peep in 8 full years from the trump hating malice crowd. They wouldn't say anything cause they were afraid of being called racist if they were white or traitors if they were black. Now that there is a white guy it's psychological OVERCOMPENSATION TIME for the cowardice that they didn't want to face about themselves. They feel safe now. From cowardice to self-righteousness!... As an old commercial used to sing-song, "Oh, what a relief it is!"...

7. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Helene West For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (18th February 2017), avid (18th February 2017), BMJ (18th February 2017), Chester (18th February 2017), genevieve (18th February 2017), KiwiElf (18th February 2017), SunSea (18th February 2017), turiya (18th February 2017)

8. Link to Post #145
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,389 times in 1,715 posts

Quote Posted by Helene West (here)
    Hey BMJ
    Can u add to your list to him to prove trump is a racist also? I've asked people for specifics but can't get specifics, only the same tired record over and over, he's a racist, sexist, blah, blah...
    Hi Helene,
    I have updated my post to reflect your valid concerns about Trump, hopefully we will receive a prompt fact verifiable response from Tinman.

Kind Regards BMJ
    Last edited by BMJ; 18th February 2017 at 18:10.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BMJ For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (18th February 2017), Chester (18th February 2017), genevieve (19th February 2017), Helene West (18th February 2017)

10. Link to Post #146
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,124 times in 2,678 posts

Good grief! How can anyone think that returning to coal burning (not to mention more fracking) is going to be good for anything at all?

what??
    I have 2 siblings unemployed. I have a mediocre paying job yet I'm trying to keep them afloat and I won't be able to much longer. Caring about the environment (whether real caring or righteous pseudo/political caring) is a luxury for people who are not looking at the abyss of homelessness.
    Only a job has meaning to poor people. That is the rock bottom line. When you have food in your stomach and a roof over your head consistently, and you're far from the bad neighborhood of losing your kids, apartments, homes, cars, etc., then you can worry about things like the environment.
    Helene,
    What you describe is so bleak and so true. When people are in dire straits they are going to be more concerned with feeding themselves than they are about a rare toad on the endangered species list.

Environmental concerns are butting right up against basic human survival issues, even among those who would otherwise prioritize the environment. How can anybody criticize those who are merely trying to live? I understand what Onawah is saying here but my first concerns are for humanity.

I hope things improve for you and your siblings, my thoughts are with you.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (18th February 2017), BMJ (18th February 2017), Chester (18th February 2017), genevieve (19th February 2017), Helene West (18th February 2017)

12. Link to Post #147
    Thanks

Hey KiwiElf...

Angry Protesters Demand That Trump "STOP Attacking Women, Muslims, Immigrants, LGBTQ+, Journalists..."

STOP the authoritarian assault on our fundamental, constitutional rights, the very principles that have truly made America great; STOP attacking and victimizing women, Muslims, immigrants, racial and ethnic groups, the LGBTQ+ community, working families, journalists, and all who offer criticisms of the Administration’s policies including the U.S. judicial branch;
    • Feb 18, 2017 8:00 AM
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by turiya; 18th February 2017 at 17:10.

13. Link to Post #148
    Thanks

Jay Sekulow: Obama Should Be "Held Accountable" For The "Soft Coup" Against Trump

"This change that the president put in place, signed off by the way by James Clapper on December 15, 2016, signed off by Loretta Lynch the Attorney General January 3, 2017, they decide that now 16 agencies can get the raw data and what that does is almost creates a shadow government."

Feb 18, 2017 11:15 AM

____________Late Add____________

Obama is the Source of the Coup
    Guest Post by Martin Armstrong
    Feb 19, 2017

The Obama administration intentionally set the stage knowing what they were doing was designed to undermine and cripple the Trump Administration. This appears to me to be an intentional plot by Obama to allow his supporters within the intelligence community to topple Trump if they can. Obama waited until he had just 17 days left in office to sign an executive order to expand the power of the National Security Agency (NSA) allowing it to share globally intercepted personal communications with the government’s 16 other intelligence agencies BEFORE any application of top secret or privacy protection would be attached.

Obama never did this while he was in office. Whenever a politician does something like this, there is ALWAYS a hidden agenda. This Obama executive order changed everything with regard to national security that was put in place by an executive order dating back to Ronald Reagan. Obama opened the flood gates and this I personally believe was a treasonous act showing the Democrats adopted a strategy to under,mine Trump from the outset and to create massive civil unrest.

Trump MUST reinstate the national security procedures that have been in place since Ronald Reagan and fire everyone in intelligence appointed by Obama. Clean the swamp must start right there and NOW! Obama knew he would set up a shadow government and refuse to leave Washington. He seems to be working harder now while as President he may have played golf more than any other president.

Proof that Obama is behind the civil unrest is the fact he has taken to Twitter. He states boldly to believe in that the people can bring about change through their own action. He is implying to rise up and create civil unrest on a massive scale.

Obama has been behind this entire affair of creating civil unrest and I believe is deliberately undermining national security with his moles strategically placed within the intelligence community to undermine the government. That is unquestionable TREASON and the press will only attack Trump and never defend the country. When Obama won, you did not see the other 46% set fires and try to bring down the government. The left always demands it is their way or no way. This is why we will move into civil war in the years ahead. Independents just say live and let live – don’t bother me and I will not bother you. Leftists say you can live only as they command – they cannot sleep at night worrying what independents are doing. It’s like the Hunger Games – suppress all freedom is their agenda.

Martin Armstrong
    Last edited by turiya; 19th February 2017 at 23:58.

14. Link to Post #149
    Thanks

Put Up Or Shut Up: Judicial Watch Sues FBI, NSA, CIA For Flynn Records

"We should be treated as adults and allowed to see the actual conversation if it’s going to be made into a story of such huge national importance..."
    • Feb 17, 2017 4:40 PM

12:33 PM - 14 Feb 2017

7:00 AM - 18 Feb 2017
    “Conservative foundation Judicial Watch is planning to sue several government agencies if they do not hand over records related to the wiretapping of former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn. The group filed Freedom of Information Act requests for the records weeks ago but are planning to sue by next week for the records if they do not receive anything by then.

Judicial Watch filed the requests with the FBI, NSA, CIA, and Treasury Department, according to the group’s Director of Investigations and Research Chris Farrell.”
    Below is a tweet from Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton on the National Security Advisor scandal.

Furthermore: In an article titled “DOJ is also a target of President Trump’s probe into leaks” by the publication Circa, Chris Farrell was quoted saying, it would be a very narrow universe of persons who would have had access to that classified material. Even the number of persons who would have access should be definable. That sort of communication intelligence, or comment collection activity is very specific. The list of people is narrow.”

Rest assured, Judicial Watch is committed to uncovering the truth and holding those individuals accountable who may have broken the law.

JUDICIAL WATCH

7:39 PM - 17 Feb 2017

Last edited by turiya; 19th February 2017 at 16:38.

15. Link to Post #150
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

The extreme polarization that is in evidence now on the planet is a sure sign that the agenda of the elites is working, and it's working on this forum as well, especially re Trump.
    Divide and conquer has long been their motto.
    I post mostly on the Trump is Not the Answer thread about Trump not because I was ever a fan of Hillary or because I think Trump is the worst POTUS yet, but because I'm not 100% convinced, as Turiya apparently is, that he is a great hero who is going to save the day, though he may have been the only man for the job at this particular time simply because no one else better was running.
    Though I still like Bernie, I'm not convinced that he could have done the job without a fortune like Trump's behind him, and most of his followers are still much too naive.
    I don't see the Trump is NOT the Answer as a thread for Trump haters, but the best place so far for an unbiased discussion.
    (He's NOT the answer to a LOT of problems, which should be obvious to even the biggest Trump lover, but no POTUS ever was or likely ever will be.)
    Perhaps a new thread, or a new name for the Not the Answer thread would help to neutralize some of this friction.
    I'll start a new thread, sometime today, Onawah and I thank you for your ongoing comments on the, Trump is Not the Answer thread.

It's really important that people on both sides very clearly hear what the other side has to say, without diminishing and deriding them on a public forum. I have found that when you get right down to it, very few people on the right or left conform to the standard stereotypes. Most people are somewhere in the middle.

What would you suggest as a title for the thread?

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (18th February 2017), BMJ (19th February 2017), Chester (18th February 2017), onawah (18th February 2017)

17. Link to Post #151
    Thanks

How about a PM?
    Last edited by turiya; 18th February 2017 at 18:59.

18. Link to Post #152
    New Zealand Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,520 times in 5,690 posts

PIZZAGATE - A Special Report on the Washington, D.C. Pedophilia Scandal
    Posted on December 25, 2016 by State of the Nation

Full (detailed and lengthy) Report and sublinks at link below - crossposted on the Pizzagate thread

http://stateofthenation2012.com/?p=60679

The Cover Is Blown Off The Ongoing Worldwide C.I.A. Black Pedo-Operation

P E D O G A T E
    A Global Child Exploitation Crime Syndicate* Pizzagate Represents Only a Single American Franchise Within a Worldwide Child Trafficking Operation Known As Pedogate

PizzaGate Citizen’s Investigation Cyber-conference
    State of the Nation

*It should be understood that, wherever the C.I.A. is referred to in this report, Israel’s MOSSAD, the United Kingdom’s MI6, France’s DGSE and Saudi Arabia’s GID are also heavily involved in the same “Global Child Exploitation Crime Syndicate”. There are many other intelligence services around the world which closely monitor the national Pedogates occurring in their respective countries as well.

Special Note:

This important message is meant for members of the Seen.life Pizzagate public group, the VOAT Pizzagate investigation, the former contributors to the Pizzagate sub-reddit, and the many citizen journalists, researchers and investigators dedicated to exposing Pizzagate truth. The following “Special Report” provides a big picture context that is necessary to correctly understand what Pizzagate is really all about. What has been uncovered thus far is certainly HUGE by any standard. However, compared to the global Pedogate crime syndicate, Pizzagate is just one of many similar pedophilia rings that dot the globe. The crucial point is that now that Pizzagate has been blown wide open as a CIA operation, it is time to direct precious time and attention to the many other pedophile scandals around the world. Yes, Pizzagate is the key, but they have cleaned up that particular crime scene so much that further clues will be more difficult to unearth. That was the very purpose of the false flag gunman who showed up at Comet Ping Pong–to provide cover for law enforcement to scour the premises of any evidence that might be found by an on-site investigator. Nevertheless, every journalist ought to be aware that it is Pizzagate that will ultimately take down World Shadow Government that unlawfully controls the US Government and every other Western power.

Full Report at link

http://stateofthenation2012.com/?p=60679

19. Link to Post #153
    Thanks

Quote Posted by AutumnW (here)

what??
    Helene,
    What you describe is so bleak and so true. When people are in dire straits they are going to be more concerned with feeding themselves than they are about a rare toad on the endangered species list.

Environmental concerns are butting right up against basic human survival issues, even among those who would otherwise prioritize the environment. How can anybody criticize those who are merely trying to live? I understand what Onawah is saying here but my first concerns are for humanity.

I hope things improve for you and your siblings, my thoughts are with you.
    Thanks a lot, Autumn, I appreciate it...

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Helene West For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (18th February 2017), BMJ (19th February 2017), Chester (18th February 2017)

21. Link to Post #154
    Language
    English
    Thanks

what??
    The "how" is easy...

One investigates the matter and considers it along with all related matters that make up the big picture. Then, when one considers the the openly stated goal of Donald Trump, that the US becomes energy independent such that foreign governments no longer have an ability to leverage the United States' need for energy supplies from unfriendly nations... where energy costs can be brought down such that us little guys actually experience some actual financial relief... such that when a little guy like me considers the many moves Trump is making (and God willing... that congress will make) such that the lives of my terribly struggling children can actually experience a glimmer of hope they won't forever remain in their formerly hopeless trajectory...

...and then one comes back to coal, and one investigates the actual plan with regards to coal... a plan to use the cleanest techniques currently technologically availble for reviving this job providing industry... knowing that there are nations like China who are over 75% dependent on coal and who are far less likley to be forced or compelled to use these cleaner techniques... a nation than gains every unfair advantage it can in shifting economic power into their hands... and all this going on because of people (and a former president) in the US who want the US to participate in and adhere to "the Paris Climate agreement" when now we have an actual high level NOAA Data Science, Climate and satellites consultant - John J. Bates - blowing the whistle about the "cook data" which has been relentlessly used to push this ridiculous accord when plain ole folks like myself and a few others on the forum here are hip enough to know the actual goal is to implement complete, total control over every single aspect of each of our lives...

...considering all these things that I just shared right out of my head, much less considering the plethora of fact based, experience based data found just on this forum alone that supports the "how"...

...this, onawah, is "how."

And I haven't even touched fracking yet.

On another note: my 22 year old son who woks 60 hours a week to bring home about $900 a week for his wife and two year old daughter (and himself)... whose company stays under the 50 employee limit so as not to have to get Obama care (both a job killing component of Obamacare as well as making it impossible for my son to afford healthcare), had to go to the "free" hospital last night (the one that will take him even with no money and no insurance) because of the following issue -

He got a root canal when he was 15 years old. Sadly, they only extracted three roots. The remaining one became infected and about a year ago he had to have emergency surgery as an infection such as this and the location of the infection creates a danger that the infection could spread to his brain which would disable him at best or kill him. Well, so he has been having off and on ear ache pains on that same side of his dead as this issue... having it off and on for months... always thinking it was just an ear ache and his immune system would deal with it.

Well, its gotten worse so he finally "bit the bullet" and went to the "free hospital" last night around 8 PM. He waited 7 hours and they never even got to him. He was hoping to work today as that essentially represents about $250 in income (as this would be overtime - time and a half) but he just didn't have the energy to go.

Update: he just told me that the "other" hospital is telling him him its just allergies... He doesn't believe it, he knows what he has been dealing with and for how long. He has no extra money to pay for this, he can't afford the $1,000 a month Obamacare (would eat up 1/4th of his whole income) which wouldn't provide him a dime in benefits until he would reach the $6,500 annual deductible... something that maybe benefits him if in fact his brain did get infected and he ended up in the silly "$5K a day" US medical treatment protocol where he would likely be untreatable by that point anyways.

And this is just ONE of dozens of ways regular folk like my son and his young wife and baby have been screwed by this lovely government... a government that hasn't functioned to the real benefit of regular folk who actually try and work, try and make a difference by doing a job that benefits others (my son repairs foundations of houses and buildings) and who try to earn enough to take basic care of their family and who have little or nothing left over for anything other than saving up for the next big negative surprise when they get the next lovely piece of paper in the mail that tells them they better pay this or that or... lawyers or police are the next thing to expect come knocking at their door.
    Last edited by Chester; 18th February 2017 at 19:47.
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (18th February 2017), bennycog (18th February 2017), BMJ (19th February 2017), genevieve (19th February 2017), Helene West (19th February 2017), JRS (19th February 2017), KiwiElf (18th February 2017), NancyV (18th February 2017), turiya (18th February 2017)

23. Link to Post #155
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,545 times in 20,693 posts

The poor are the ones who are most heavily impacted by toxins.
    I have lived at the poverty level all my life, and most of that time as an unemployed disabled person and I have struggled with health issues all my life resulting in large part from toxins in our food, medicine, air, water and environment.
    However, I have not allowed poverty to keep me in ignorance about how big business has consistently and unnecessarily sacrificed the health of the public and of the environment for the sake of their own vested interests, or to be blind to the fact that this is not just an issue involving endangered species, humanity is going to be at the top of that endangered list before long if we don't stop trashing and cannibalizing this planet.
    In the case of coal burning plants, there are no excuses left for continuing the practice, and there haven't been for some time now.
    Sustainable and renewable sources are consistently proving to be far superior, and of course, that's not even counting zero point technologies, and they can provide more and better jobs than coal.
    It's a matter of investing in life instead of death, and that gets into much more than economic policy, that gets into very dark Deep State policies like the kind of population control that the one percenters are so intent on.
    If you are really unaware of how coal burning affects the poor, here are a couple of good links which will quickly enlighten you if you care to take the time to read.
    https://www.edf.org/climate/reports/...up-coal-plants
    An excerpt from the above:
    Quote Coal-fired power plants are the primary source of toxic mercury air emissions in the U.S. Mercury pollution contaminates our land and waters, causing serious human health impacts.

The title says it all: Renewable Energy 'Creates More Jobs Than Fossil Fuels'
    http://www.ecowatch.com/renewable-en...881968419.html

In Mercury Alert: Cleaning up Coal Plants for Healthier Lives
    In the [PDF] https://www.edf.org/sites/default/files/EDF-mercury-report-27mar2011-revised.pdf
    ...Environmental Defense Fund identifies the top 25 emitters of mercury from the electric sector.
    Key report findings
    A large amount of toxic mercury pollution is released from a relatively small number of plants.
    These 25 plants alone are responsible for nearly a third of all mercury emissions in the power sector, while providing only eight percent of our electricity.
    Twenty of them are located within 50-100 miles of some of the largest metropolitan areas in the country, including Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Atlanta, Minneapolis, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, St. Louis and Austin.
    From: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-04-06/wind-and-solar-are-crushing-fossil-fuels
    Quote Meanwhile, fossil fuels have been getting killed by falling prices and, more recently, declining investment. It started with coal—it used to be that lower prices increased demand for fossil fuels, but coal prices apparently can't fall fast enough. Richer OECD (Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development) countries have been reducing demand for almost a decade. In China, coal power has also flattened. Only developing countries with rapidly expanding energy demands are still adding coal, though at a slowing rate.
    From:http://www.psr.org/news-events/press-releases/coal-pollution-damages-human-health.html?referrer=https://www.google.com/
    Quote Coal Pollution Damages Human Health at Every Stage of Coal Life Cycle, Reports Physicians for Social Responsibility Washington, DC - November 18, 2009 – Physicians for Social Responsibility today released a groundbreaking medical report, "Coal's Assault on Human Health," which takes a new look at the devastating impacts of coal on the human body. By examining the impact of coal pollution on the major organ systems of the human body, the report concludes that coal contributes to four of the top five causes of mortality in the U.S. and is responsible for increasing the incidence of major diseases already affecting large portions of the U.S. population. A copy of the full report can be found at http://www.psr.org/coalreport.

"The findings of this report are clear: while the U.S. relies heavily on coal for its energy needs, the consequences of that reliance for our health are grave," said Alan H. Lockwood, MD FAAN, a principal author of the report and a professor of neurology at the University at Buffalo.

"These stark conclusions leave no room for doubt or delay," says Kristen Welker-Hood, SCD MSN RN, PSR's director of environment and health programs. "The time has come for our nation to establish a health-driven energy policy that replaces our dependence on coal with clean, safe alternatives. Business as usual is extracting a deadly price on our health. Coal is no longer an option."

Also participating in the report's release were the American Lung Association and the American Nurses Association.

Coal combustion releases mercury, particulate matter, nitrogen oxides, sulfur dioxide, and dozens of other substances known to be hazardous to human health. This report looks at the cumulative harm inflicted by those pollutants on three major body organ systems: the respiratory system, the cardiovascular system, and the nervous system. The report also considers coal's contribution to global warming, and the health implications of global warming.

Viewed in this way, the totality of coal's impact on health becomes clear. Coal pollutants affect all major body organ systems and contribute to four of the five leading causes of mortality in the U.S.: heart disease, cancer, stroke, and chronic lower respiratory diseases.

Respiratory Effects: Air pollutants produced by coal combustion act on the respiratory system, contributing to serious health effects including asthma, lung disease and lung cancer, and adversely affect normal lung development in children.
    Cardiovascular Effects: Pollutants produced by coal combustion lead to cardiovascular disease, such as arterial occlusion (artery blockages, leading to heart attacks) and infarct formation (tissue death due to oxygen deprivation, leading to permanent heart damage), as well as cardiac arrhythmias and congestive heart failure. Exposure to chronic air pollution over many years increases cardiovascular mortality.
    Nervous System Effects: Studies show a correlation between coal-related air pollutants and stroke. Coal pollutants also act on the nervous system to cause loss of intellectual capacity, primarily through mercury. Researchers estimate that between 317,000 and 631,000 children are born in the U.S. each year with blood mercury levels high enough to reduce IQ scores and cause lifelong loss of intelligence.
    Global Warming: Even people who do not develop illnesses from coal pollutants will find their health and wellbeing impacted due to coal's contribution to global warming. The discharge of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere associated with burning coal is a major contributor to global warming and its adverse effects on health and wellbeing worldwide, such as heat stroke, malaria, declining food production, scarce water supplies, social conflict and starvation.
    In addition to the impacts from pollutants emitted during coal combustion, the report pinpoints negative health consequences at each step of the coal life cycle. Coal mining leads U.S. industries in fatal injuries and is associated with chronic health problems among miners. In addition to the miners themselves, communities near coal mines may be adversely affected by mining operations due to the effects of blasting, washing, leakage from "slurry ponds," the collapse of abandoned mines, damage done to streams and waterways, and the dispersal of dust from coal trucks during transportation. Slurry injected underground can release arsenic, barium, lead and manganese into nearby wells, contaminating local drinking water supplies. The storage of post-combustion wastes from coal plants also threatens human health. There are 584 coal ash dump sites in the U.S, and toxic residues have migrated into water supplies at dozens of sites. While every stage of the coal life cycle impacts human health, the combustion phase exacts the greatest toll.

what??
    [QUOTE=AutumnW;1135132

I'll start a new thread, sometime today, Onawah and I thank you for your ongoing comments on the, Trump is Not the Answer thread. It's really important that people on both sides very clearly hear what the other side has to say, without diminishing and deriding them on a public forum. I have found that when you get right down to it, very few people on the right or left conform to the standard stereotypes. Most people are somewhere in the middle.
    What would you suggest as a title for the thread?[/QUOTE]

Perhaps "Finding Middle Ground"?
    Last edited by onawah; 18th February 2017 at 20:23.
    Each breath a gift...

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (18th February 2017), bennycog (18th February 2017), BMJ (19th February 2017), KiwiElf (19th February 2017)

25. Link to Post #156
    Language
    English
    Thanks

The extreme polarization that is in evidence now on the planet is a sure sign that the agenda of the elites is working, and it's working on this forum as well, especially re Trump.
    Divide and conquer has long been their motto.
    I post mostly on the Trump is Not the Answer thread about Trump not because I was ever a fan of Hillary or because I think Trump is the worst POTUS yet, but because I'm not 100% convinced, as Turiya apparently is, that he is a great hero who is going to save the day, though he may have been the only man for the job at this particular time simply because no one else better was running.
    Though I still like Bernie, I'm not convinced that he could have done the job without a fortune like Trump's behind him, and most of his followers are still much too naive.
    I don't see the Trump is NOT the Answer as a thread for Trump haters, but the best place so far for an unbiased discussion.
    (He's NOT the answer to a LOT of problems, which should be obvious to even the biggest Trump lover, but no POTUS ever was or likely ever will be.)
    Perhaps a new thread, or a new name for the Not the Answer thread would help to neutralize some of this friction.
    Let me share a thought about "polarization."

If there are two people... one who is fed a lie... fed that lie for years and years... and that individual has reached a state where their opinion is that everything about the lie is actually "true"...

and then you have the other who, maybe they might have been swayed by the lie for awhile, but at some point "smelled the rat" and did so enough to actually go and research and dig and question, both without and within as to what may actually be the truth...

...and these two people happen to meet along the road of life, then it just makes sense they are divided... at least with regards to their views (which is quite a big deal).

This example above appears to me to be far more the case. It is not that both parties are polarized... it is more that one party simply let themselves, in whatever way, and to whatever degree they might be responsible, buy into lies where of course, one day, they would find themselves at odds with another who would be knowing far more the actual truth.

I don't buy the finger pointing that allows me to avoid my own personal responsibility for doing everything I can to learn the truth, know the truth and live in such a way that my expression of being is founded by truth for I cannot imagine any other way I could ever be better for anyone else than by being this very expression of far more the truth than the lie.

EDIT: ADDED... apologies, BMJ that I had not yet read your post which you posted previously on this thread.

Quote Posted by BMJ (here)
    My own opinion on that is that the division, and I respect your opinion Onawah, is caused by one group of people whom see and are coming terms with the truth.

Versus those whom have had their paradigm questioned and are finding it difficult to come to terms with the truth about such things as:
    MSM being fake;
    Powerful people abusing their office, position and public trust;
    Prominent and powerful people being involved in pedo/satanic stuff. etc

This second group is lashing out in part in frustration because what they hold as true is no longer so and they are not coping.
    Last edited by Chester; 18th February 2017 at 21:37.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

BMJ (19th February 2017), genevieve (19th February 2017), KiwiElf (19th February 2017), NancyV (18th February 2017), turiya (18th February 2017)

27. Link to Post #157
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Sure feel free to PM me anytime, Turiya.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Chester (18th February 2017), onawah (18th February 2017)

29. Link to Post #158
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Onawah -- good idea. Finding Middle Ground. I will try to frame the opening post in such a way that nobody is offended and everybody feels their core values (often universal and positive) are clearly understood.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

BMJ (19th February 2017), Chester (18th February 2017), onawah (18th February 2017)

31. Link to Post #159
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

Here is a page explaining how Flynn was orchestrating a sting against the leaking intelligence community at least since December, when he made that phone call in the first place:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us

It's a Google cache because the original page has already been taken down for some reason.

Flynn knew he was being recorded in December. He's an intel expert, former head of military intelligence. Of course he knew what he was doing.

The Trump administration has been giving out different false stories to insiders and seeing which ones resurface in the media, in order to pinpoint where leaks are occurring. That's why Trump said in his press conference that the leaks are real but the stories are false. When Flynn was fired, it was part of the act and emboldened the media who then "smelled blood in the water," as they say, not realizing that they are all being set up. Not only is leaking classified information a crime, but publishing classified info is a crime. The media is not exempt from this law.

It looks like Trump is building a case to prosecute certain figures in the media who are breaking the law by publishing false info. That's the idea I get from his tone when he tweets that the corporate media is the enemy of the American people.

He just has to be careful how to do with without looking like he's cracking down on freedom of the press, which of course does not include the freedom of publishing classified info. But the press is who reports the story so they would tell it in their own completely false way no doubt.

32. Link to Post #160
    New Zealand Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,520 times in 5,690 posts

Quote Posted by A Voice from the Mountains (here)
    Here is a page explaining how Flynn was orchestrating a sting against the leaking intelligence community at least since December, when he made that phone call in the first place:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us

It's a Google cache because the original page has already been taken down for some reason.

Flynn knew he was being recorded in December. He's an intel expert, former head of military intelligence. Of course he knew what he was doing.

The Trump administration has been giving out different false stories to insiders and seeing which ones resurface in the media, in order to pinpoint where leaks are occurring. That's why Trump said in his press conference that the leaks are real but the stories are false. When Flynn was fired, it was part of the act and emboldened the media who then "smelled blood in the water," as they say, not realizing that they are all being set up. Not only is leaking classified information a crime, but publishing classified info is a crime. The media is not exempt from this law.

It looks like Trump is building a case to prosecute certain figures in the media who are breaking the law by publishing false info. That's the idea I get from his tone when he tweets that the corporate media is the enemy of the American people.

He just has to be careful how to do with without looking like he's cracking down on freedom of the press, which of course does not include the freedom of publishing classified info. But the press is who reports the story so they would tell it in their own completely false way no doubt.
    Yes, perfect - I believe that's exactly it (and he's ultimately setting up Netanyahu/Israel/Saudis & others ie, the traitors within his own admin, the same way). He's culling the hidden alligators in the swamp

@ Sam - As the old saying goes,...

"It's easier to believe the "truth" that is a lie than it is to believe the "lie" that is the truth"
    Last edited by KiwiElf; 19th February 2017 at 01:20.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst 1 8 18 38 LastLast