+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Branded Dreams - The Future Of Advertising or AI anyone

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,137 times in 221 posts

Default Branded Dreams - The Future Of Advertising or AI anyone

hmmm just a tad creepy I'd say

"The real question is not: How many ads do we see? The real question is: What do we have to do to see no ads? And the answer is: go to sleep" (James B. Twitchell)

We see ads everyday and everywhere. They have become part of our life. While some people try to avoid seeing ads, advertisers keep finding new ways to reach us. However they are unable to reach us when we sleep. Our dreams are the last safe and add-free place so it seems.

But what happens when advertisers have the possibility to enter our dreams? Based on recent developments in brain science and technology this might be possible in the near future.
    This animated short is an impression of a dream infected by a brand we all know,...

Source: Watch on Vimeo

Last edited by Chakra; 9th February 2017 at 23:05.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chakra For This Post:

Bill Ryan (10th February 2017), DeDukshyn (9th February 2017), Desire (10th February 2017), Mark (Star Mariner) (9th February 2017), Mercedes (9th February 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,119 times in 3,951 posts

Default Re: Branded Dreams - The Future Of Advertising or AI anyone

Worthy post Chakra but, can't watch the example because I don't wan't to be infected by it Doh!
    First second or so I noticed possible 'Subliminal' imagery, so no can watch!
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

Mercedes (9th February 2017)

5. Link to Post #3
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,492 times in 4,308 posts

Pretty much everything I ever watch on the TV is pre-recorded ahead of time so that I do not even for a single second have to endure advertising breaks. Yes, the fast forward button on the remote is a little faded.

Adverts in dreams? The very thought of it makes my blood boil!
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

7. Link to Post #4
    Great Britain Avalon Member Baby Steps's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,663 times in 1,521 posts

I was told that if there are any devices nearby when sleeping, put them on 'Airplane mode'
    we have subcontracted the business of healing people to Companies who profit from sickness.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Baby Steps For This Post:

9. Link to Post #5
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by Chakra (here)
    hmmm just a tad creepy I'd say

"The real question is not: How many ads do we see? The real question is: What do we have to do to see no ads? And the answer is: go to sleep" (James B. Twitchell)

We see ads everyday and everywhere. They have become part of our life. While some people try to avoid seeing ads, advertisers keep finding new ways to reach us. However they are unable to reach us when we sleep. Our dreams are the last safe and add-free place so it seems.

But what happens when advertisers have the possibility to enter our dreams? Based on recent developments in brain science and technology this might be possible in the near future.
    This animated short is an impression of a dream infected by a brand we all know,...

https://vimeo.com/150799305
    If you take the "s" our of the "https" in the URL, you can embed vimeo videos

Source: Watch on Vimeo

I am reminded a little of the movie "Branded" -- quite low budget and not a great movie, it depicts branding as these giant emotional energy monsters that affect people, and the way they think. In a sense it shows the "influence" of advertising as physical things that control people's thoughts, that only one man can actually see ...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1368440/

When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Bruno (9th February 2017)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Sunny-side-up (here)
    Worthy post Chakra but, can't watch the example because I don't wan't to be infected by it Doh!
    Ya I thought about that too while I was watching it. Figured I must learn to be stronger if I start dreaming about coke. For me though it's actually more aversion therapy.

The same with pepsi - I just listened to part of a video by Theresa A. Deisher, Ph. D "the food and beverage industry's use of aborted fetal cell lines to develop food additives/flavor enhancers" So disgusting I will never drink Coke or Pepsi products - any of them.

aborted fetal products

12. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Baby Steps (here)
    I was told that if there are any devices nearby when sleeping, put them on 'Airplane mode'
    Absolutely! I have been doing that for a couple years now. The new iphones where so strong that I couldn't fall asleep until I did. I also don't use wifi at home - I still use ethernet for computers and laptops.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Chakra For This Post:

Baby Steps (9th February 2017)

14. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)

If you take the "s" our of the "https" in the URL, you can embed vimeo videos

I am reminded a little of the movie "Branded" -- quite low budget and not a great movie, it depicts branding as these giant emotional energy monsters that affect people, and the way they think. In a sense it shows the "influence" of advertising as physical things that control people's thoughts, that only one man can actually see ...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1368440/

Thanks for delete the 's' the tip. and the info on 'Branded' I'll have to watch it. From the trailer the concept looks spot on. There is some info from mysterious universe guys that could tie into this as well, from a book that came out of the 40's. When I find the name I'll post it.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Chakra For This Post:

DeDukshyn (9th February 2017)

16. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Star Mariner (here)
    Pretty much everything I ever watch on the TV is pre-recorded ahead of time so that I do not even for a single second have to endure advertising breaks. Yes, the fast forward button on the remote is a little faded.

Adverts in dreams? The very thought of it makes my blood boil!
    yup I am with you on that - people are so brainwashed it seriously scary. If they knew the half of what they believe as gospel is a lie they'd be shocked. Well then again they probably wouldn't believe it anyways.

But there is a good book on what they do in printed ads.
    The book is "Subliminal Seduction" – December 3, 1974
    by Wilson Bryan Key

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Chakra For This Post:

Mark (Star Mariner) (11th February 2017)

18. Link to Post #10
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by Chakra (here)
    ... <trim> ...

Thanks for delete the 's' the tip. and the info on 'Branded' I'll have to watch it. From the trailer the concept looks spot on. There is some info from mysterious universe guys that could tie into this as well, from a book that came out of the 40's. When I find the name I'll post it.
    Even though I stated the movie wasn't "great" and bit low budget - I actually very much enjoyed it, and do recommend it to anyone who finds the concept / trailer interesting. It hits close to home by giving you a completely other way of viewing the power of advertising and brand "loyalty".

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by Sunny-side-up (here)
    It is just a standalone art piece (3D animated), exploring the creepy concept itself and put into video format by the artist.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

+ Reply to Thread