+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Body Hacking - Changing/Enhancing Function and Appearance

1. Link to Post #1
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,293 times in 6,140 posts

Lightbulb Body Hacking - Changing/Enhancing Function and Appearance

A body is a vehicle to be tuned, modified, added to, taken away from, painted, tweaked, and customized. So says the "Body Hackers".. https://bodyhackingcon.com/

Hmm..

They are extending the concept to MONITORING and INTERFACING, so that people can tell what their body is doing, and then adapt their performance. Like monitoring a high powered race-car's engine and then tweaking the computer system adjusting the fuel/air mixture, timing..

Quote Self-monitoring and self-reflection using everything from wearable tech to spreadsheets to track your own data to make changes in behavior, thoughts, habits, etc. If you’re a Quantified Selfer, you’re one of us.
    Meditation, Relaxation & Cognitive Training
    Using tools from philosophy, psychology, or religion to alter our physiological states, brain waves, or even our behaviors and habits. Anything having to do with focus and conscious behavior can fit into this category.

Brain Health, Nutrition & Nootropics
    Better mental or physical living can be accomplished through chemistry and or software brain training. Here the theory of brain elasticity and hormone therapy live right alongside the next big memory enhancing drug.

Fitness & Bodybuilding
    Lifting weights, body sculpting, running, parkour, even acro-yoga and pilates are all done in the name of shaping and/or having a healthier body. One of the most popular forms of bodyhacking there are huge advancements happening every day and still much to learn.

Pretty much everything above doesn't seem too odd... and here it takes a bit of a turn...

Cybernetics & Prosthetics
    Whether originally intended to restore “normal” functionality or not, giant leaps in prosthetics have made some people more than what we originally considered human. Combined with cybernetics and exoskeletons this section includes everything that is an addition to or replacement for a human body part that enhances existing functionality. (Borg's maybe?)

Cosmetic Surgery & Body Modding
    This is probably the most commonly referred to form of bodyhacking and has to do with any and all direct physical modifications to the body whether permanent or temporary. It includes piercing, tattooing, hair dye, dental modifications, circumcision, laser sculpting, laser hair removal, face lifts, breast implants, even tongue splitting, ear pointing, and corset training to name but a few. Silicone implants under the skin to create "horns", or "bumps"..

At the Conference

At the Body Hacking Con in Austin, hundreds had gathered to see early visions of this future on display.

On the runway, models showed off new fashions meant to bestow new senses, among them direction and echolocation.

In the exhibition hall, multiple booths offered to implants magnets and RFID chips on the spot.

One booth offered high-tech manicures that embedded LED lights and NFC chips into sparkly acrylic nails.

A fellow cyborg, the Canadian filmmaker Rob Spence, gave a presentation on his quest to transform himself into “Eyeborg” after losing an eye in a hunting accident and replacing it with an analog camera.

Next year, (see http://gizmodo.com/meet-the-biohacke...tor-1791851882) Rich Lee wants to give you an orgasm—a “cyborgasm.” ( er.. a what? )

Quote For years, Lee has been beset by a dream of becoming a human vibrator, a bionic man endowed with an implant designed explicitly to bring pleasure to the opposite sex. By upgrading his parts down under to include a tiny vibrating device implanted just below the skin, he hopes to also upgrade his status from average Utah dad to that of a cyborg-era Cassanova. Turn it on, and the device will give his male appendage machine-powered capabilities that rival some of the world’s most popular sex toys, at least in theory. He calls it—wait for it—the Lovetron 9000. And he doesn’t just envision this cybersexual future for himself. He wants to sell it to you, too.
    The "Grinders" - http://www.grindhousewetware.com/

They start with "What would you like to be today?" which gives the allusion one can "program one's reality to be anything desired, experience anything desired, turn off anything desired.."

Virtual reality has been taking quite some leaps and bounds to allow one to visually sense, to audibly hear, (and with implants feel) alternatives for experience.

Quote We believe that with imagination and drive, any of us can feel and touch EMF fields, explore its contours, sense the temperature of objects across a room, navigate a room using a sonar sense, or even connect the body to the Internet - right now. It is that dream above all that drives us to create.
    https://betterhumans.coach.me/the-be...c16#.qd3gvvpup
    "The beginners guide to BioHacking"

Quote Warning: This is going to be interactive.
    Biohackers believe in experience-based learning. Or in plainer terms… we like to touch stuff. If you don’t try it, how do you know it works?
    Here is how far it goes (in a "simple" block diagram

They say, PEOPLE modify themselves ALL the time - drugs, music, exercise...

Quote You know how coffee feels like a shot of energy to your brain?
    Pre-coffee you is sleepy….zzzzzz…
    Post-coffee you is WIDE AWAKE!!
    The only difference is the coffee in your stomach.
    The lesson is this: What you put into your body has an ENORMOUS impact on how you feel.
    We all know this. What we eat and drink is one way we alter our state.
    Therefore - ETHICAL BIOHACKING appears to be the theme, not being afraid to IMPROVE oneself, to TUNE oneself, to make oneself BETTER, STRONGER, able to SENSE with greater focus..

Transhumanism fears..

Do read this website - https://betterhumans.coach.me/the-be...c16#.qd3gvvpup

Covered are topics such as BETTER FOOD consumption, PROPER POSTURE, Correct EXERCISE, better breathing, better MEDITATION, and something often forgotten, UNDERSTANDING and USING GRATITUDE...

Quote Gratitude is a daily practice, similar to meditation. Like meditation, it becomes more natural over time. In fact, gratitude and meditation go very well together, like peanut butter ...
    Last edited by Bob; 10th February 2017 at 18:09.

2. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,034 times in 1,088 posts

Default Re: Body Hacking - Changing/Enhancing Function and Appearance

Wow.. Crazy times. Body hacking.. I've been doing the morning coffee ritual for some time now, for great effect, so does this then make me a pupil of body hacking, albeit an unconscious one??.. Thanks for posting. Some people have too much time on their hands!!.... N

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nasu For This Post:

Axman (10th February 2017), Bob (10th February 2017), NancyV (11th February 2017), TargeT (10th February 2017), toppy (11th February 2017)

4. Link to Post #3
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Nasu (here)
    Wow.. Crazy times. Body hacking.. I've been doing the morning coffee ritual for some time now, for great effect, so does this then make me a pupil of body hacking, albeit an unconscious one??.. Thanks for posting. Some people have too much time on their hands!!.... N
    It probably just means you're addicted to the consumption of the chemical compound 1,3,7-Trimethylpurine-2,6-dione(Caffeine)

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GrnEggsNHam For This Post:

Axman (10th February 2017), Bob (10th February 2017), fourty-two (25th February 2017), NancyV (11th February 2017), Nasu (10th February 2017), toppy (11th February 2017)

6. Link to Post #4
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

If you do it for the stimulation effect, then yes.

Eating consciously (vegan (if its for health), gluten free, "organic", any type of regulated diet) is the same thing..

I've injected myself and consumed all kinds of crazy things, plus tattoo's and I used to have piercings... I'm an experimental body hacker

Try putting butter and some MCT oil in your coffee, it's amazing! (with just a touch of stevia)
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Axman (10th February 2017), Bob (10th February 2017), fourty-two (11th February 2017), NancyV (11th February 2017), Nasu (10th February 2017), toppy (11th February 2017)

8. Link to Post #5
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    If you do it for the stimulation effect, then yes.

Eating consciously (vegan (if its for health), gluten free, "organic", any type of regulated diet) is the same thing..

I've injected myself and consumed all kinds of crazy things, plus tattoo's and I used to have piercings... I'm an experimental body hacker

Try putting butter and some MCT oil in your coffee, it's amazing! (with just a touch of stevia)
    Teaspoon of good quality cold pressed c nut oil ..perked coffee..my prefference spun up in a bullet..my a.m. routine...oh yea

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to eagle0027 For This Post:

Bob (11th February 2017), fourty-two (25th February 2017), NancyV (11th February 2017), Nasu (11th February 2017), TargeT (11th February 2017), toppy (17th February 2017)

10. Link to Post #6
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

Quote Posted by Bob (here)
    At the Conference

At the Body Hacking Con in Austin, hundreds had gathered to see early visions of this future on display.

On the runway, models showed off new fashions meant to bestow new senses, among them direction and echolocation.

In the exhibition hall, multiple booths offered to implants magnets and RFID chips on the spot.

One booth offered high-tech manicures that embedded LED lights and NFC chips into sparkly acrylic nails.

A fellow cyborg, the Canadian filmmaker Rob Spence, gave a presentation on his quest to transform himself into “Eyeborg” after losing an eye in a hunting accident and replacing it with an analog camera.
    Wow, there's actually a dude going around with a camera for an eye!?! I'm blown away

This reminds me of the episode of Futurama about the I-Phone

Why is it called an I-Phone? Because it goes in your EYE, of course ;-)

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

Bob (24th February 2017), fourty-two (25th February 2017)

+ Reply to Thread